Has Obama Made Us Into a Banana Republic?

Your problem is you consider intense and selfish as someone wanting to keep more of what THEY'VE earned while believing it's OK for someone that didn't earn something to get a portion of what someone else earned. You can't determine intense for anyone but yourself. You can't do that for me.

Interested how those of you who say you don't want someone else's morals pushed on you regularly push your morals on others. If you think it's moral and respectable for someone to force you to give to another person, so be it. It's not your place to determine that for me.

I simply enjoy living in a civilized society.

'65 wants the guy who picks up his garbage to work for 50 bucks a week.

I want the guy that picks up garbage doing a job that a monkey could be trained to do to stop thinking his skills are worth more than they are.

See if you can find someone to paint your house for a buck an hour. Or mow your lawn.

Or better yet, check with your trash collector and see if they'll pick up your garbage every week for 50 cents a month.

I think they are worth more than 50 buck/week. You seem to think they're worth $1000/week.

By the way, last time my house was painted, at least the portion that isn't brick or stone, I did it. Also, I cut my own grass.

Ten minutes ago you wanted them making what the Chinese make, lol.

I guess the three college degrees I EARNED, two of which are advanced, and that I am the #2 person in the chain of command where I work means nothing
Judging by your postings, I find that hard to believe.

LOL, someone who's username says you love sexting is calling anyone uneducated, that's classic

Problem is Carla_Danger considers not having common sense and being uneducated as not believe what she believes. It doesn't matter whether or not she believes me. What matters is those paying me. They know I do and pay accordingly. Since she doesn't matter in the scheme of things, what she says has that same level of worth.

I guess the three college degrees I EARNED, two of which are advanced, and that I am the #2 person in the chain of command where I work means nothing

LOL, someone who's username says you love sexting is calling anyone uneducated, that's classic

Problem is Carla_Danger considers not having common sense and being uneducated as not believe what she believes. It doesn't matter whether or not she believes me. What matters is those paying me. They know I do and pay accordingly. Since she doesn't matter in the scheme of things, what she says has that same level of worth.

A agree, but I can't get that far. I could never take her seriously when she picked her username referring to a love of sexting

I'm saying that you don't seem very skilled or educated, yourself.

I guess the three college degrees I EARNED, two of which are advanced, and that I am the #2 person in the chain of command where I work means nothing.

I'm saying your believing that only makes someone like yourself feel better because you're projecting about yourself.

Problem is your judgment is based on my disagreement with you not what is posted. That's a sign of a retard.

Well, no, it has more to do with your lack of common sense, and your grammatical errors.

Again, you determine whether or not something is based on common sense by whether or not it agrees with you.

As for grammatical errors, please point out all those you say I made.

That's easy. LOL!

You kneel in order to stick you head up your ass. Got it. At least you admit I was correct.

My username simply says I don't mind joking about the creeps in my own party.

Actually it says you love sexting

I simply enjoy living in a civilized society.

'65 wants the guy who picks up his garbage to work for 50 bucks a week.

I want the guy that picks up garbage doing a job that a monkey could be trained to do to stop thinking his skills are worth more than they are.

See if you can find someone to paint your house for a buck an hour. Or mow your lawn.

Or better yet, check with your trash collector and see if they'll pick up your garbage every week for 50 cents a month.

I think they are worth more than 50 buck/week. You seem to think they're worth $1000/week.

By the way, last time my house was painted, at least the portion that isn't brick or stone, I did it. Also, I cut my own grass.

Ten minutes ago you wanted them making what the Chinese make, lol.

Ten minutes ago I wanted them to make what their skills are worth. I want the same now. You're the one wanting an uneducated, unskilled worker to make far more than their education and skills are worth. If those skills are worth what the Chinese make, that's what they should get paid. If those skills are worth more, they should make more. Your problem is you think it's your place to determine what someone else doing the paying pays them. It's not your place.

If you're doing a job that is worth $7.25/hour and you get $7.25/hour, that's a fair day's pay. Your problem is you don't define fair based on someone getting an equivalent wage to their skills or job they do. You define fair on some intangible concept.

I define it as a very tangible concept. If you work for a living, you should be able to MAKE a living.

I guess the three college degrees I EARNED, two of which are advanced, and that I am the #2 person in the chain of command where I work means nothing.

I'm saying your believing that only makes someone like yourself feel better because you're projecting about yourself.

Problem is your judgment is based on my disagreement with you not what is posted. That's a sign of a retard.

Well, no, it has more to do with your lack of common sense, and your grammatical errors.

Again, you determine whether or not something is based on common sense by whether or not it agrees with you.

That's easy. LOL!

You kneel in order to stick you head up your ass. Got it. At least you admit I was correct.

Please point out the grammatical errors.

If you're doing a job that is worth $7.25/hour and you get $7.25/hour, that's a fair day's pay. Your problem is you don't define fair based on someone getting an equivalent wage to their skills or job they do. You define fair on some intangible concept.

I define it as a very tangible concept. If you work for a living, you should be able to MAKE a living.

That's not tangible.

If your skills don't get the job done financially, the problem isn't with the one paying an equivalent wage for those skills. It's with the one offering low skills.

Your problem is even when people don't work for a living, you think they should be given enough to live on. That means you think they should make a living whether they work or not.

You should be able to earn one, not be given one. The loser in the equation is the person who didn't take school and job skills seriously enough to be able to support themselves. Walmart and other businesses that hire the lowest skilled employees are great Americans, they are humanitarian. You, not so much.

Ask yourself two questions:

1) What percentage of workers earn minimum wage? Do you even know?

2) What percentage of workers do you suppose are just terrible, have low skills and are lucky to have any job?

Hint, the answer to 1 is a whole hell of a lot less than the answer to 2...

You should be able to earn one, not be given one. The loser in the equation is the person who didn't take school and job skills seriously enough to be able to support themselves. Walmart and other businesses that hire the lowest skilled employees are great Americans, they are humanitarian. You, not so much.

Ask yourself two questions:

1) What percentage of workers earn minimum wage? Do you even know?

2) What percentage of workers do you suppose are just terrible, have low skills and are lucky to have any job?

Hint, the answer to 1 is a whole hell of a lot less than the answer to 2...
Problem with people like Joe is that he doesn't understand words like tangible.

That's not tangible.

If your skills don't get the job done financially, the problem isn't with the one paying an equivalent wage for those skills. It's with the one offering low skills.

Your problem is even when people don't work for a living, you think they should be given enough to live on. That means you think they should make a living whether they work or not.

That's very tangible.

We know what it costs to live reasonably comfortably- shelter, food, medical, maybe a creature comfort or two.

The difference is, I don't want the rest of us paying for it while the person who benefits from that labor - the rich - get to live the good life.

If a Walmart Employee is only making $7.50 and the rest of us are covering him with SNAP and Section 8 and Medicare, that is all manner of fucked up.

I'm sorry you lack the human decency to see that.

That's not tangible.

That's very tangible.

We know what it costs to live reasonably comfortably- shelter, food, medical, maybe a creature comfort or two.

The difference is, I don't want the rest of us paying for it while the person who benefits from that labor - the rich - get to live the good life.

If a Walmart Employee is only making $7.50 and the rest of us are covering him with SNAP and Section 8 and Medicare, that is all manner of fucked up.

Ask 1000 people what reasonable and comfortable mean and you'll get 1000 different answers.

What's fucked up is that someone offering low skills getting paid an equivalent wage, regardless of where they work, gets a dime of another person's money through SNAP, etc. If they offer such low skills, the problem is with what they're offering.

I'm sorry you think someone else deserves MY money that I'VE earned. I'm sorry you think that someone with low skills should be handed what I'VE earned. Thinking I owe someone something in live isn't decent.

"Has Obama Made Us Into a Banana Republic?"

This fails as a loaded question fallacy.

At least the OP is consistent in her ignorance and stupidity, along with the partisan hack who authored the cited opinion piece.

Or the partisan hack like you that disagrees with it.

That's easy. LOL!

Please point out the grammatical errors.

I don't have all day.

That's not tangible.

That's very tangible.

While at the same time most on the right are advocating that SNAP, Section 8, and Medicaid be 'done away with,' such is the stupidly of those blindly adhering to failed conservative dogma.

Forum List

Back