Hatred of religion

Why do you assume that an atheist doesn't value life? You don't have to have a religion to value ALL life. Why do you consider yourself better than or more moral than other people? I am not a eugenics proponent.
What basis do you use to value life? I'm interested in your logical perspective on the issue.

Example, the Romans used to practice infanticide; leaving deformed babies to dies on a hillside from exposure. If the Zika virus becomes epidemic, isn't it logical to terminate all pregnancies where the fetus is brain-damage? After all, even if you "value" life, it's not like it's fucking sacred amirite?

Sure it is. I believe all life has value. I have empathy for people. Like I've said before, if you need religion to FORCE you to be a good person, then you probably are already not a very good person.
When did you find this empathy that is never discharged here on USMB?

You are so stupid. I don't even know why you participate on this message board. You never add anything of value to any discussion.

Sure it is. I believe all life has value. I have empathy for people. Like I've said before, if you need religion to FORCE you to be a good person, then you probably are already not a very good person.
It's lame for an atheist who continually ridicules those with spiritual beliefs to fall back on emotion as a logical debate argument.

Can we agree you don't have a logical debate argument on why we don't cull defective humans and even mandate abortions for parents who are genetically unfit to breed? Protection of our species is a logical argument. Allowing the obviously defective to breed weakens the species; ergo forced sterilization, abortions and even infanticide are logical efforts to preserve the health of our species.

If you have a logical argument to refute the above, please state so. If all you have is an emotional argument like "feelings", then I respectfully suggest you study the situation more logically.

Why do you assume that an atheist doesn't value life? You don't have to have a religion to value ALL life. Why do you consider yourself better than or more moral than other people? I am not a eugenics proponent.
What basis do you use to value life? I'm interested in your logical perspective on the issue.

Example, the Romans used to practice infanticide; leaving deformed babies to dies on a hillside from exposure. If the Zika virus becomes epidemic, isn't it logical to terminate all pregnancies where the fetus is brain-damage? After all, even if you "value" life, it's not like it's fucking sacred amirite?

You are so stupid. I don't even know why you participate on this message board. You never add anything of value to any discussion.
To add jetsam..

It's lame for an atheist who continually ridicules those with spiritual beliefs to fall back on emotion as a logical debate argument.

Can we agree you don't have a logical debate argument on why we don't cull defective humans and even mandate abortions for parents who are genetically unfit to breed? Protection of our species is a logical argument. Allowing the obviously defective to breed weakens the species; ergo forced sterilization, abortions and even infanticide are logical efforts to preserve the health of our species.

If you have a logical argument to refute the above, please state so. If all you have is an emotional argument like "feelings", then I respectfully suggest you study the situation more logically.

Oh, so if you don't believe in a god, you are incapable of emotions? Is that what you're trying to sell here? Lol. Give me a break.

To add jetsam..

Well go bother someone else with your crap. I don't want it.

I said on CHILDREN and mentally ill individuals.
Didn't we agree that homosexuals, transgenders and all other non-straights are mentally defective?

Does that make them less of human beings? No, it does not. My argument is that performing mutilating surgeries that cause permanent changes to otherwise healthy bodies is wrong.

It means they recognize a delusion when they see one.
If you want to recognize a delusion, go look in the mirror. Seriously.

How about you explain that comment? I'm delusional because I don't accept a delusion as reality? Nope, sorry. If you think men are really women or vice versa, then you are the one who is delusional here, pally! :D Lol.

No answer to the questions, eh? Not surprising. Whenever your type is backed into a corner . . . well, obvious is obvious. Lol.
Being, or wanting to be trans is not a mental disorder. Again, can you back up your claim?

How about you explain that comment? I'm delusional because I don't accept a delusion as reality? Nope, sorry. If you think men are really women or vice versa, then you are the one who is delusional here, pally! :D Lol.

No answer to the questions, eh? Not surprising. Whenever your type is backed into a corner . . . well, obvious is obvious. Lol.
Being, or wanting to be trans is not a mental disorder. Again, can you back up your claim?

I believe it is a mental disorder and a delusion. I don't need to back that up. That is my opinion, and you can't force me to feel another way about it.

Oh, so if you don't believe in a god, you are incapable of emotions? Is that what you're trying to sell here? Lol. Give me a break.
No. What I'm saying is that if we accept the concept that there is nothing but the physical, that believers are weak-minded simpletons and that atheism is the only logical position to have, to fall back on emotion because you don't have all the answers is illogical.

If we truly are meat computers driven by biochemical programming, then relying on that programming is flawed. Logic should prevail over "feelings" because feelings are often flawed as you and I agreed.

I am not religiously active, yet I believe in the rake theory, as long as you can swing a rake and not hurt anyone it's ok....if folks want an image to become reality, surgery is one way of accomplishing that, just like retraining your mind to think in a certain manner..

I believe it is a mental disorder and a delusion. I don't need to back that up. That is my opinion, and you can't force me to feel another way about it.
Ok, as long as you see that it's just an opinion from a mentally unstable person, I'm ok with that.

No. What I'm saying is that if we accept the concept that there is nothing but the physical, that believers are weak-minded simpletons and that atheism is the only logical position to have, to fall back on emotion because you don't have all the answers is illogical.

If we truly are meat computers driven by biochemical programming, then relying on that programming is flawed. Logic should prevail over "feelings" because feelings are often flawed as you and I agreed.

I've never claimed any of those things.

I said on CHILDREN and mentally ill individuals.
Didn't we agree that homosexuals, transgenders and all other non-straights are mentally defective?

Does that make them less of human beings? No, it does not. My argument is that performing mutilating surgeries that cause permanent changes to otherwise healthy bodies is wrong.
Homosexuality is

Ok, as long as you see that it's just an opinion from a mentally unstable person, I'm ok with that.

I'm not the one suffering from delusions that I'm something else other than what I was born as. :D Now, if you can't discuss like an adult and continue to express your butt hurt, I would suggest (for your own mental health) you go somewhere else.

I've never claimed any of those things.
Batshit crazy lady seeking out another batshit crazy lady. :lol:

I am not religiously active, yet I believe in the rake theory, as long as you can swing a rake and not hurt anyone it's ok....if folks want an image to become reality, surgery is one way of accomplishing that, just like retraining your mind to think in a certain manner..

If a person with a body dysmorphic disorder feels that they need to have their legs cut off, are you willing to honor that request?

Forum List

Back