Have liberals and leftists given up any pretense of doing the right thing?

or is everything just a matter of expediency for them?

not just American leftists, but WORLDWIDE!

Donald Trump does the right thing and changes US policy; declaring Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.

What happens? SNAP SNAP - right away, we get a bullshit resolution rm the UN to denounce it.

Iran shuts down the internet and starts shooting people that are protesting for freedom and basic human rights

the reaction from the UN and our friends on the left???

Crickets-infestation.jpg

as always, leftists are more concerned about the optics than doing the right thing

what do I mean by optics?

it's simple; leftists need the evil regime in Iran to stay in power to justify Obama's shitty deal and shittier policies

nevermind that the right thing to do is to voice support for things to get better for the people; cuz if that happened, it would make Trump look good, and we can't have that, now can we :dunno:
You do know that the concept of "the right thing" is subjective, correct?

You don't think that some people might disagree that the change in policy was the right thing?

sure I recognize that fact

but these people who were so outraged about the US affirming that Israel should be able to name their own capital of their own country; those people that were upset and howled loudly about that are eerily silent on Iran right now

seems odd; doncha think???

I don't know what people you are talking about, and I'm not sure how the current situation in Iran connects to the US officially recognizing Jerusalem as Israel's capitol. :dunno:
They relate as an example of hypocrisy.

Donald Trump does the right thing and changes US policy; declaring Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.

What happens? SNAP SNAP - right away, we get a bullshit resolution rm the UN to denounce it.

Iran shuts down the internet and starts shooting people that are protesting for freedom and basic human rights

Crickets-infestation.jpg

as always, leftists are more concerned about the optics than doing the right thing

it's simple; leftists need the evil regime in Iran to stay in power to justify Obama's shitty deal and shittier policies

nevermind that the right thing to do is to voice support for things to get better for the people; cuz if that happened, it would make Trump look good, and we can't have that, now can we :dunno:
Where on earth are Iran's actions subjectively good?

Get the fuck out of here with that bullshit.

Crickets-infestation.jpg

Look at the title of the thread. It infers far more than just Iran.

Crickets-infestation.jpg

Iran is the clinch pin for the hypothesis. Ignoring it makes you terribly dishonest.

Crickets-infestation.jpg

Iran is the clinch pin for the hypothesis. Ignoring it makes you terribly dishonest.
You chose to look at one thing, I chose to look at the other.

I addressed the thread title specifically, which is not a dishonest act.

Free country. I'll support your decision to choose either direction.

Crickets-infestation.jpg

Can you elucidate the legal argument for Israel's claim to Jerusalem as its capital?

Crickets-infestation.jpg

More hack dishonesty.

The title is the conclusion. Iran is the evidence.

You fail

More hack dishonesty.

The title is the conclusion. Iran is the evidence.

You fail
Okie dokie.

I know one thing liberals/Democrats have given up...

...conceding the South to the Republicans.

yeah; god job adding 50,000+ felons to the voting rolls in Virginia! Too bad y'all weren't able to manufacture enough illegal aliens and dead people votes to hang on to Michigan, Pennsylvania & Wisconsin

:beer:

Why is it our business what a little piss ant country does? If they want to change their capital then they should use force to do so.

I don't understand why it is a being fucked up deal having to do with national politics what israel can do on their own.
Jerusalem has been the capital of the Jewish nation for 4000 years. Israel has recognized Jerusalem as its capital for decades. Why should not other nations do the same?

Several Presidents ago, a bill was signed that required the US to recognize Jerusalem as the capital. Slick Willy Clinton put it off. GWB put it off. BHO said he would, but it off. These three Presidents were too chickenshit to do it. We now have a President with big brass balls as opposed to the candy ass PC appeasers we had in the past three occupants of the Oval Office.

President Trump has been vilified by the left as being a polarizing President (as if Barack 'the racist' Obama was not). What the left fails to understand is that polarization is a good thing when it pits good against evil. It is a bad thing when it pits races against each other (as Barry Obama promoted) or citizens against police (as Barry Obama promoted) or radical Muslims against the world (which Barry Obama promoted).

Barry Hussein Obama is the most divisive, polarizing piece of shit we have ever had in the White House.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jerusalem Embassy Act of 1995

Long title An act to provide for the relocation of the United States Embassy in Israel to Jerusalem, and for other purposes.
Acronyms (colloquial) JEA
Enacted by the 104th United States Congress
Effective November 8, 1995.
Citations
Public law
104–45
Statutes at Large 109 Stat. 398
Codification
Acts amended
None
Titles amended None
U.S.C. sections created None
Legislative history
The Jerusalem Embassy Act of 1995[1] is a public law of the United States passed by the 104th Congress on October 23, 1995. The proposed law was adopted by the Senate (93–5),[2] and the House (374–37).[3] The Act became law without a presidential signature on November 8, 1995.

The Act recognized Jerusalem as the capital of the State of Israel and called for Jerusalem to remain an undivided city. Its purpose was to set aside funds for the relocation of the Embassy of the United States in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, by May 31, 1999. For this purpose it withheld 50% of the funds appropriated to the State Department specifically for "Acquisition and Maintenance of Buildings Abroad" as allocated in fiscal year 1999 until the United States Embassy in Jerusalem had officially opened.[4] Israel's declared capital is Jerusalem, but this is not internationally recognized, pending final status talks in the Israeli–Palestinian conflict.

Despite passage, the law allowed the President to invoke a six-month waiver of the application of the law, and reissue the waiver every six months on “national security” grounds. The waiver was repeatedly invoked by Presidents Clinton, Bush, and Obama.[5] President Donald Trump signed a waiver in June 2017. On December 6, 2017, Trump recognised Jerusalem as Israel's capital,[6] and ordered the planning of the relocation of the embassy.[7][8] However, following the announcement, Trump signed an embassy waiver again, delaying the actual move by at least six months.[9][10]

Last edited:
I don't understand why it is a being fucked up deal having to do with national politics what israel can do on their own.
so we agree on that

Israelis should name their own capital!

See how easy that was?

however; the UN voted to condemn the United States for recognizing that

and that same worthless body has zero harsh words for Iran's decision to shut down the internet

seems odd - no?

Israel should just do it and tell Palestine to fuck its self.

As far as I know, Israel long since made Jerusalem their capital. It is just that the rest of the world hasn't acknowledged it in an attempt to lessen tensions.
We (the USA) recognized it in 1995, but didn't act on it until 2017.

Why is it our business what a little piss ant country does? If they want to change their capital then they should use force to do so.

Jerusalem has been the capital of the Jewish nation for 4000 years. Israel has recognized Jerusalem as its capital for decades. Why should not other nations do the same?

Several Presidents ago, a bill was signed that required the US to recognize Jerusalem as the capital. Slick Willy Clinton put it off. GWB put it off. BHO said he would, but it off. These three Presidents were too chickenshit to do it. We now have a President with big brass balls as opposed to the candy ass PC appeasers we had in the past three occupants of the Oval Office.

President Trump has been vilified by the left as being a polarizing President (as if Barack 'the racist' Obama was not). What the left fails to understand is that polarization is a good thing when it pits good against evil. It is a bad thing when it pits races against each other (as Barry Obama promoted) or citizens against police (as Barry Obama promoted) or radical Muslims against the world (which Barry Obama promoted).

Barry Hussein Obama is the most divisive, polarizing piece of shit we have ever had in the White House.

Long title An act to provide for the relocation of the United States Embassy in Israel to Jerusalem, and for other purposes.
Citations
Public law
104–45
Codification
Acts amended
None
Titles amended None
Legislative history
The Jerusalem Embassy Act of 1995[1] is a public law of the United States passed by the 104th Congress on October 23, 1995. The proposed law was adopted by the Senate (93–5),[2] and the House (374–37).[3] The Act became law without a presidential signature on November 8, 1995.

The Act recognized Jerusalem as the capital of the State of Israel and called for Jerusalem to remain an undivided city. Its purpose was to set aside funds for the relocation of the Embassy of the United States in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, by May 31, 1999. For this purpose it withheld 50% of the funds appropriated to the State Department specifically for "Acquisition and Maintenance of Buildings Abroad" as allocated in fiscal year 1999 until the United States Embassy in Jerusalem had officially opened.[4] Israel's declared capital is Jerusalem, but this is not internationally recognized, pending final status talks in the Israeli–Palestinian conflict.

Despite passage, the law allowed the President to invoke a six-month waiver of the application of the law, and reissue the waiver every six months on “national security” grounds. The waiver was repeatedly invoked by Presidents Clinton, Bush, and Obama.[5] President Donald Trump signed a waiver in June 2017. On December 6, 2017, Trump recognised Jerusalem as Israel's capital,[6] and ordered the planning of the relocation of the embassy.[7][8] However, following the announcement, Trump signed an embassy waiver again, delaying the actual move by at least six months.[9][10]

lol, who were the legal owners of America 4000 years ago?

I know one thing liberals/Democrats have given up...

...conceding the South to the Republicans.

yeah; god job adding 50,000+ felons to the voting rolls in Virginia! Too bad y'all weren't able to manufacture enough illegal aliens and dead people votes to hang on to Michigan, Pennsylvania & Wisconsin

:beer:

lol, is there any issue you people don't have a crackpot conspiracy theory to cling to when things don't go your way?

Citations
Public law
104–45
Codification
Acts amended
None
Titles amended None
Legislative history

lol, who were the legal owners of America 4000 years ago?
You are apparently ignorant of Jewish history....and American history.

You are apparently ignorant of Jewish history....and American history.

But to be fair to NYC, he isn't just completely ignorant of Jewish and American history.

There are so many matters of which he knows absolutely nothing that to single out just these two seems almost prejudicial.

Crickets-infestation.jpg

How is declaring Jerusalem the capital of Israel the 'right thing'? How is it 'America First'?

Forum List

Back