Health Care Is A Right Not a Privilege!

No criteria needed or necessary to walk into an emergency room and be treated.

And that is the problem.

And that will continue to be the problem when Obamacare kicks in, Gag. This is just how the illegals will get their obamacare.

The way i see "national health care" ...it is covering its citizens. It does not cover the world....or the worlds illegal immigrants. So long as illegals may use a system i pay for i am totally against it. So long as it is set up as some pay and others don't... i am totally against it.

Healthcare, in and of itself, is NOT a right. That's patently ridiculous.

Think about that.... there are many "meanings" being used for the word "right" Does not everyone have the individual right to seek, find and pay for health care?

I feel that the word "right" to health care is being confused with entitlement to health care.

poor people should not get heath care as they do not deserve it. Why should i who earns a good wage pay for those less unfortune than I ? Yes i can afford to do the things i want, go on holidays with my family and friends and work normal hours. Why should the poor that work 50 hour weeks get a free ride. If they wanted to they could get a better job it's not hard.
In summary if your poor no one cares get a better job and try harder. This is capitalism at it finest !
For those that agree with me, well your a loser, you'll never be a good person as your incapable of decency, morals, humility and everything that makes a good person be!

poor people should not get heath care as they do not deserve it. Why should i who earns a good wage pay for those less unfortune than I ? Yes i can afford to do the things i want, go on holidays with my family and friends and work normal hours. Why should the poor that work 50 hour weeks get a free ride. If they wanted to they could get a better job it's not hard.
In summary if your poor no one cares get a better job and try harder. This is capitalism at it finest !
For those that agree with me, well your a loser, you'll never be a good person as your incapable of decency, morals, humility and everything that makes a good person be!

You kind of give yourself that warm and fuzzy feeling don't you?

Tell that to the American worker who demands it.
And to seniors who insist on it.
What? Something for nothing? That sounds great! Sign me up... wait... what? You mean that means it may hurt me in increased taxes? That's not fair!!! Make someone else pay! I shoudn't be forced to pay for what I use!

What? Something for nothing? That sounds great! Sign me up... wait... what? You mean that means it may hurt me in increased taxes? That's not fair!!! Make someone else pay! I shoudn't be forced to pay for what I use!

Amazing to me that when I solicit for employees and they come the first thing they want to know is how many days off they get, sick pay, overtime and health care benefits, etc.
I tell them I offer NONE of the above and pay contract labor. Most Americans are so stupid, fat and lazy they do not even qualify for my jobs so they are eliminated fast but the ones that do qualify still would rather have security rather than FREEDOM.
The ones that stand out as the most spoiled are former military and police. Now, do not get me wrong as I respect what they DID in their jobs and know it was probably for low pay and long hours but none of that matters now as they are in the private workplace. Those guys demand and get pissed if you do not bend over backwards and pay their deductibles and co-pays as a benefit.
I tell them all to grow up, grow some stones and be responsible for THEIR OWN HEALTH CARE. I had a former FBI agent working for me and his wife threatened to sue me if I did not pay her baby G man over time for nights and weekends and provide transportation or the costs of it for regular doctor visits.
We need to start from the top down. MIlitary, yes they get it and free for their service time. Not service related they get a reduced rate. Everyone else top to bottom government worker end the free ride yesterday.

If you are receiving health care and not paying for it....its an entitlement.

I was under the impression that it's a privilege to those who can not afford it since they must follow certain criteria to gain the entitlement.

They don't have to treat you if it is not an emergency. According to EMTALA any hospital that accepts Medicare or Medicaid must evaluate the patient regardless of ability to pay and is only required to treat if it is an emergency.

I was under the impression that it's a privilege to those who can not afford it since they must follow certain criteria to gain the entitlement.

They don't have to treat you if it is not an emergency. According to EMTALA any hospital that accepts Medicare or Medicaid must evaluate the patient regardless of ability to pay and is only required to treat if it is an emergency.
life threatening emergency at that.

One reason I support a national healthcare policy is that we can stop subsidizing medical facilities for indigent care. There are subsidies paid to facilities that the general public knows nothing about. And will never even be able to ascertain the amounts until it is stopped. If there was no indigent care, then there would not be subsidies under the table to hospitals for it.

2) Disproportionate Share Hospital (DSH) payments
Hospitals treating a large share of low-income and Medicaid patients incur higher
operating costs. Disproportionate Share (DSH) payments offset these additional costs.
Medicaid federal and state DSH programs require hospitals to provide charity care to
individuals who meet certain criteria. DSH payments offset the cost of caring for these
individuals. Hospitals access DSH funds through state programs in accordance with
each state’s matching rate.12 The state of Missouri makes DSH payments to certain
hospitals above what it reimburses other providers for Medicaid services. Overall, these
additional payments go to hospitals that provide healthcare for a relatively high number
of Medicaid patients, provide some charitable care, and have significant levels of bad
debt. Interestingly, while DSH payments were originally designed primarily to cover the
contractual allowances resulting from Medicaid and bad debt losses, hospitals have
ultimately used these funds to cover charity care.

http://www.mffh.org/mm/files/HospitalChairtyCareIssueBrief.pdf

I would rather see everyone covered in a fee for service or HMO type of model and know what we have to pay than to keep dropping boulders of money in the laps of facilities that do not have to account for it as it related to any or all individual patients. They just get a chunk of money to do with as they please. And many hospitals are for profit entities, making money is their bottom line. They will do that any way it takes. Putting a stop to open ended indigent care would solve that problem.

life threatening emergency at that.

If it does not meet criteria for emergent care, the person is referred to a doctor or clinic. It was abominable the way the welfare mothers abused the emergency system in Nashville when I first moved there. They didn't want to be bothered to go to a doctor's office, so they just went to the ER for everything, earaches, colds, hot ears, you name it. The answer to this type of abuse is to evaluate, and refer to a clinic. When they get tired of the drill, they will stop it.

Let's be clear. Our health care system is disintegrating. Today, 46 million people have no health insurance and even more are underinsured with high deductibles and co-payments. At a time when 60 million people, including many with insurance, do not have access to a medical home, more than 18,000 Americans die every year from preventable illnesses because they do not get to the doctor when they should. This is six times the number who died at the tragedy of 9/11 - but this occurs every year.

In the midst of this horrendous lack of coverage, the U.S. spends far more per capita on health care than any other nation - and health care costs continue to soar. At $2.4 trillion dollars, and 18 percent of our GDP, the skyrocketing cost of health care in this country is unsustainable both from a personal and macro-economic perspective.

Sen. Bernie Sanders: Health Care Is a Right, Not a Privilege

It is only a right in the sense that one can not be denied treatment it is NOT a right that the Federal Government can force us to buy insurance.
But for you, retired seargent, it is a right. Your HC is free. Want to give it up, please??

There is a big difference between someone who has served in the military with the understanding that doing so comes with certain benefits...and someone who hasn't worked at all.

The former has earned that benefit. Bernie Sanders for some unknown reason believes that the latter has earned their right to free health care as well, even though they haven't gotten off the couch and haven't risked their lives in service to their country.

Why should the Sgt. give up what he has earned simply because someone else (who hasn't joined the military) isn't eligible?

[MENTION=34634]merrill[/MENTION]
Health care is a right if you are paying for that under a contract.

If people believe in spiritual health care through nonprofit charities,
it is an equal right to pursue, practice and pay for that by Religious Freedom.

You do NOT have the right to deprive other people of LIBERTY and EQUAL CHOICE in providing health care for free
through charitable means, just because YOU believe in paying for it through government. But that's what these
laws do -- they penalize people for not buying "insurance as the ONLY choice" for health care, and deprive people of the right
to invest that same money into teaching hospitals or medical internships that could provide free health care without as much govt restrictions.

If Christians do not have the right to make YOU pay for their church programs they have a right to, you do not have the right to make people pay for running your ideas for health care through government, especially where they RELIGIOUSLY disagree.

This is unconstitutional.

People like you and Obama have every right to pursue your own beliefs in the manner you see fit, but no right to impose this on other people with Constitutional rights to pursue EQUAL means of health care WITHOUT running it through govt. This is NOT a requirement!

If you act like that is the "only way to provide health care"
you sound like Christians who believe their religion is the only way to God.

That is not lawful to impose, require or tax through govt, and neither is your belief!

Let's be clear. Our health care system is disintegrating. Today, 46 million people have no health insurance and even more are underinsured with high deductibles and co-payments. At a time when 60 million people, including many with insurance, do not have access to a medical home, more than 18,000 Americans die every year from preventable illnesses because they do not get to the doctor when they should. This is six times the number who died at the tragedy of 9/11 - but this occurs every year.

In the midst of this horrendous lack of coverage, the U.S. spends far more per capita on health care than any other nation - and health care costs continue to soar. At $2.4 trillion dollars, and 18 percent of our GDP, the skyrocketing cost of health care in this country is unsustainable both from a personal and macro-economic perspective.

What about Prolife advocates who believe that a baby's right to life is a right
not a choice? How can you politically exclude their beliefs by religious freedom,
but then ESTABLISH these beliefs by law that health care is a right not a choice?

Last edited:

No, what I mean is the American worker be they Democrat, Republican or Bull Moose expects someone else, THEIR EMPLOYER, to pay for their health insurance.
Us self employed folks for 35 years have always paid for OUR OWN.
Add in seniors that demand to choose their health care when someone else is paying for it.
Real world.
As long as a 3rd party, SOMEONE ELSE be it an insurance company or Medicare, is paying the tab prices will remain triple what other countries have for better coverage.

Go back to where You and I both pay FOR OUR OWN health insurance and end the disaster known as employer paid for group "health care" insurance and Medicare which is a train wreck full of fraud.

Obamas plan for health care is "You keep the insurance companies in riches and pay your own doctor bill.

It is only a right in the sense that one can not be denied treatment it is NOT a right that the Federal Government can force us to buy insurance.
But for you, retired seargent, it is a right. Your HC is free. Want to give it up, please??

It is a privilege he earned.

Forum List

Back