Here is the question atheists can't answer...

There is no particular reason why the universe had to have been created. Birth and death are human paradigms. The universe could have existed from infinity, to infinity.
Matter cannot be created or destroyed
All matter in the universe has always existed

There is no particular reason why the universe had to have been created. Birth and death are human paradigms. The universe could have existed from infinity, to infinity.

therefore rightwinger nobody can explain how things got here if they always existed!

Physics says otherwise: Big Bang: How the Universe was created

Within the Universe, yes. Within the Universe certain laws exist. Outside is an unknown quantity...including IF there's an outside or other universes.

Within the Universe, yes. Within the Universe certain laws exist. Outside is an unknown quantity...including IF there's an outside or other universes.

Dear Divine.Wind

Yes and no.
If you already assume people believe in the laws of science as consistent with this Universe, then sure, you can argue and establish truth with people who agree with that frame of reference.

Since this also requires a degree of faith, than since "none of us was there at the time" to prove this actually occurred, we can still question it as a THEORY that we have no way to prove as a fact.

It is still possible that an anomaly or exception occurred that was outside the model which is assumed to explain the process. We don't know this because "none of us was there."

therefore rightwinger nobody can explain how things got here if they always existed!
Guess not

But then again, I don't lose much sleep over it

Outside the universe?

You mean like in the Twilight Zone?

Dear Divine.Wind

Yes and no.
If you already assume people believe in the laws of science as consistent with this Universe, then sure, you can argue and establish truth with people who agree with that frame of reference.

Since this also requires a degree of faith, than since "none of us was there at the time" to prove this actually occurred, we can still question it as a THEORY that we have no way to prove as a fact.

It is still possible that an anomaly or exception occurred that was outside the model which is assumed to explain the process. We don't know this because "none of us was there."
1) God gave us brains. Now, it's just a guess, but I think we're supposed to use them.

2) God doesn't lie. WYSIWYG. Why would God create a universe which is a lie? A universe where we can't really upon our God-given brains to understand the universe in which we live seems petty and deceitful. Not the definition of a loving, merciful, almighty God.

3) While theories do evolve as more information is gained, the Big Bang have been very well researched and the evidence all points to it as the origin of our Universe.

What Is the Big Bang Theory?
aHR0cDovL3d3dy5zcGFjZS5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL2kvMDAwLzAzNS80ODYvb3JpZ2luYWwvdW5pdmVyc2UtYWdlLmpwZw==

Outside the universe?

Like neither you nor I know "IF" there is an outside, alternate universes or multiverses.

Frankly......All I care about is that I am here

What happened a billion years ago does not really bother me

Outside the universe?

I think it's called the 'uberverse'.

Outside the universe?

You mean like those taxi cab things?
Freaky

Your choice. OTOH, you are so quick to refute others on the matter it belies your testament that you don't care about it.

Outside the universe?

You mean like those taxi cab things?
Freaky

Well, that's where the spirit of uber manifests, yeah. You're getting the idea.

Your choice. OTOH, you are so quick to refute others on the matter it belies your testament that you don't care about it.

I am capable of not caring about it and not believing ridiculous theories at the same time

I am capable of not caring about it and not believing ridiculous theories at the same time
Of course you are as are most people. My point was pointing out the non sequitur, (lie?), that you don't care about the origin of the Universe yet you keep commenting upon it. Why the disconnect between your statements and your actions?

Of course you are as are most people. My point was pointing out the non sequitur, (lie?), that you don't care about the origin of the Universe yet you keep commenting upon it. Why the disconnect between your statements and your actions?
Yes...I am an enigma and I mostly stay off of religious threads unless they attack atheists

Yes...I am an enigma and I mostly stay off of religious threads unless they attack atheists
Again, your choice, but that still doesn't explain the disconnect between what you claim and what you actually do.

How did we get here?
True they cannot, or more accurately they cannot answer how life ultimately BEGAN. Neither can scientists or experts in evolution of species.

We DO know evolution of the species is settled and proven although the precise sequence is not always clear and although natural selection is the primary motor driving evolution there are forms of evolution as well.

This however is not a weakness it is what makes atheism and science SUPERIOR to religion. We have mysteries which we can ask questions about and can seek answers and evidence for.

With religion you get answers which may not be questioned and which have zero evidence to support them

Forum List

Back