Here it comes! Obama says FCC should reclassify internet as a utility

But then they will demand that we no longer can have nick names on the internet. NO, we MUST have our real names to be on the internet.
When nick names are outlawed, only outlaws will have nick names. Who's your dog in this fight, the FCC or Time Warner, Comcast, Verizon and other corporate-statist?

This lot seems to have two distinct messages about heavyhandedness -- to the government it's "Don't Tread on Me!". To Corporatia doing the same thing it's "Yes Master, may I have Another?" It's kinda kinky.

Wanna know how gullibly stupid Pogo is?
From his post: is a universal fee applied to phone companies -- not consumers -

And he's dumb enough to believe it

It's because I got off my ass and read about it.
Since you're so helpless, here ya go:

>> Who Pays for Universal Service?
All telecommunications service providers and certain other providers of telecommunications must contribute to the federal USF based on a percentage of their interstate and international end-user telecommunications revenues. These companies include wireline phone companies, wireless phone companies, paging service companies and certain Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) providers.

Some consumers may notice a “Universal Service” line item on their telephone bills. This line item appears when a company chooses to recover its USF contributions directly from its customers by billing them this charge. The FCC does not require this charge to be passed on to customers. Each company makes a business decision about whether and how to assess charges to recover its Universal Service costs. <<
-- what you miss by not bothering to read. Dumbass.

Last edited:
For almost a century, our law has recognized that companies who connect you to the world have special obligations not to exploit the monopoly they enjoy over access in and out of your home or business. That is why a phone call from a customer of one phone company can reliably reach a customer of a different one, and why you will not be penalized solely for calling someone who is using another provider. It is common sense that the same philosophy should guide any service that is based on the transmission of information — whether a phone call, or a packet of data.

So the time has come for the FCC to recognize that broadband service is of the same importance and must carry the same obligations as so many of the other vital services do. To do that, I believe the FCC should reclassify consumer broadband service under Title II of the Telecommunications Act — while at the same time forbearing from rate regulation and other provisions less relevant to broadband services. This is a basic acknowledgment of the services ISPs provide to American homes and businesses, and the straightforward obligations necessary to ensure the network works for everyone — not just one or two companies.

Net Neutrality President Obama s Plan for a Free and Open Internet The White House

For almost a century, our law has recognized that companies who connect you to the world have special obligations not to exploit the monopoly they enjoy over access in and out of your home or business. That is why a phone call from a customer of one phone company can reliably reach a customer of a different one, and why you will not be penalized solely for calling someone who is using another provider. It is common sense that the same philosophy should guide any service that is based on the transmission of information — whether a phone call, or a packet of data.

So the time has come for the FCC to recognize that broadband service is of the same importance and must carry the same obligations as so many of the other vital services do. To do that, I believe the FCC should reclassify consumer broadband service under Title II of the Telecommunications Act — while at the same time forbearing from rate regulation and other provisions less relevant to broadband services. This is a basic acknowledgment of the services ISPs provide to American homes and businesses, and the straightforward obligations necessary to ensure the network works for everyone — not just one or two companies.

Net Neutrality President Obama s Plan for a Free and Open Internet The White House

Who has a monopoly?

Do you ever bother to read the crap you post?

All telecommunications service providers and certain other providers of telecommunications must contribute to the federal USF based on a percentage of their interstate and international end-user telecommunications revenues. These companies include wireline phone companies, wireless phone companies, paging service companies and certain Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) providers.

Some consumers may notice a “Universal Service” line item on their telephone bills. This line item appears when a company chooses to recover its USF contributions directly from its customers by billing them this charge. The FCC does not require this charge to be passed on to customers. Each company makes a business decision about whether and how to assess charges to recover its Universal Service costs. <<
Irrelevant moron. YOU pay because the GOVERNMENT INTRUDES

Which was my argument from the start.

You are an A+ hack

You are an A+ hack

cmbadv25.jpg

What you said, liar, is still sitting above. To wit:

-- and I just in fact documented it for your sorry ass.
You lose. Again.

You are an A+ hack

cmbadv25.jpg

What you said, liar, is still sitting above. To wit:

-- and I just in fact documented it for your sorry ass.
You lose. Again.
The only thing I've lost here is a few brain cells for having the audacity to think you were worth talking too.

My point has been the same throughout the thread. You can't argue that point. You can find some stupid out of context twist to what I've said im sure but in the end my position has not changed & was in fact proven.

Now fuck off loser

U mad bruh?

I just documented how I documented obliterating your bullshit. And you're still whining.

I cleaned your clock. Now that you know what time it is, own it.

Who has a monopoly?

Do you ever bother to read the crap you post?

Into my house and business?

Do you have a comprehension problem?

U mad bruh?

I just documented how I documented obliterating your bullshit. And you're still whining.

Put the crack pipe down dumbass. I contended from the beginning that government interference costs money. It has been proven.
I understand as a pathetic lib you feel obligated to defend the stupidity of this but history proves me correct.

You fail. Now go beg your government masters for a rebuttal that won't make you look stupid.

Gasoline tax
Sin tax
Cellular service tax
Highway tax
Medical device tax

Next up, Internet usage tax

But no worries Pogo thinks the providers won't pass on the fees to their consumers so all will be well.

*facepalm*

Are you saying that the Internet should not be regulated? Are you saying that Internet freedom is "safer" in corporate hands?

Yes. You can sue a private corporation for an obscene/unconscionable infraction or cancel their service.

You can't sue the government, because of sovereign immunity, unless they let you sue them. You also can't change to a private service, because they use taxpayer subsidy to drive private services out of business.

"to protect net neutrality".

I'll bet every one of you either is in favor of net neutrality, or doesn't know what it means.

Yeah Yeah Yeah, that's the Trojan horse they are using.

and you know it.

Speculation/slippery slope fallacy.

/thread

Every time someone says "slippery slope fallacy" I say, "but didn't the homosexual elite in Europe legalize animal sex brotherls in Europe and lower the age of consent to 13?"

Torchlight Denmark Reluctance By Parliament To Ban Sex With Animals Or Animal Brothels

Those who oppose net neutrality lack the understanding of what the internet is. The internet is a shared network of computers and servers. Internet service providers are just that, providing us the service of linking our computers to this shared community of cyberspace. I can't wait for the day that ISPs are eliminated from the market place due to technological advancements. Until then I will have to settle with governments limiting these firms power over the commons of cyberspace.

U mad bruh?

Put the crack pipe down dumbass. I contended from the beginning that government interference costs money. It has been proven.
I understand as a pathetic lib you feel obligated to defend the stupidity of this but history proves me correct.

You fail. Now go beg your government masters for a rebuttal that won't make you look stupid.

You're a complete moron who's already admitted he can't be bothered to even read the OP article.

I proved you wrong, and wrong you stay.

"to protect net neutrality".

I'll bet every one of you either is in favor of net neutrality, or doesn't know what it means.

Yeah Yeah Yeah, that's the Trojan horse they are using.

and you know it.

Speculation/slippery slope fallacy.

/thread

Every time someone says "slippery slope fallacy" I say, "but didn't the homosexual elite in Europe legalize animal sex brotherls in Europe and lower the age of consent to 13?"

Torchlight Denmark Reluctance By Parliament To Ban Sex With Animals Or Animal Brothels

Complete non sequitur. Has nothing in the slightest to do with this topic.

U mad bruh?

You're a complete moron who's already admitted he can't be bothered to even read the OP article.

I proved you wrong, and wrong you stay.
You proved NOTHING.

Well, except that you don't give a damn about getting fucked over by Uncle Sam. You are a perfect fit for the Democratic party. As naive as you are ignorant.

Goodnight schmuck

Gasoline tax
Sin tax
Cellular service tax
Highway tax
Medical device tax

Next up, Internet usage tax

But no worries Pogo thinks the providers won't pass on the fees to their consumers so all will be well.

*facepalm*

And you receive a nice subsidy for almost all.

You proved NOTHING.

Well, except that you don't give a damn about getting fucked over by Uncle Sam. You are a perfect fit for the Democratic party. As naive as you are ignorant.

Goodnight schmuck

So you thinks it's alright for large companies to pay an ISP (who are already making an 80%-90% profit) money to speed up their website and slow down their competitors?

Forum List

Back