🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Hey cons: if your solution to the min wage issue is to tell those people...

You're never gonna get through to greedy white Republican dude. He's all in on the greed and Corporate-Worship thing. If we left it all up to him, he would take us back to the 'good ole days' of slave labor. But thank God we're not leaving it all up to him.

Rule of thumb, if it's pissing off the greedy white Republicans dudes, it's likely something positive for American Workers. So when you hear em bitchin & moanin, just remember something positive must be happening for Workers. It's when they're quiet and not bitchin & moanin, is when you need to worry.

As you know, there is good and bad greed. You chose NOT to know the difference.
c8d7920a-c612-4c21-ba44-c1a315a3c822_zps7vnm6jhl.jpg

Unfettered greed is why we need a minimum wage and regulations.

So, why do we keep raising it? I highly doubt it's about inflation. People want a full $7 raise. That wasn't prompted by inflation, but greed. Regulations mean nothing if you don't enforce them.

What is the definition of "minimum"? Is the definition "just what you want it to be"?

So, why do we keep raising it? I highly doubt it's about inflation. People want a full $7 raise. That wasn't prompted by inflation, but greed. Regulations mean nothing if you don't enforce them.

What is the definition of "minimum"? Is the definition "just what you want it to be"?

My guess is you haven't priced anything lately.

Do away with the Federal minimum wage altogether. If the states wish to have one, that's their business, as per the Constitution.
Too late. The precedent for the federal minimum wage has stood the test for more than 70 years.

How long was the precedent set for slavery before being over turned?

And besides that in point of fact, the original precedent was a ruling that the minimum wage was unconstitutional in Adkins V Children's Hospital which was then overturned in West Coast v Parrish

You're never gonna get through to greedy white Republican dude. He's all in on the greed and Corporate-Worship thing. If we left it all up to him, he would take us back to the 'good ole days' of slave labor. But thank God we're not leaving it all up to him.

Rule of thumb, if it's pissing off the greedy white Republicans dudes, it's likely something positive for American Workers. So when you hear em bitchin & moanin, just remember something positive must be happening for Workers. It's when they're quiet and not bitchin & moanin, is when you need to worry.

As you know, there is good and bad greed. You chose NOT to know the difference.
c8d7920a-c612-4c21-ba44-c1a315a3c822_zps7vnm6jhl.jpg
For someone that is touted as being smart Sowell sure sounds dumb. Evidently he doesnt understand what greed is.

Unfettered greed is why we need a minimum wage and regulations.

Do away with the Federal minimum wage altogether. If the states wish to have one, that's their business, as per the Constitution.
Too late. The precedent for the federal minimum wage has stood the test for more than 70 years.

And besides that in point of fact, the original precedent was a ruling that the minimum wage was unconstitutional in Adkins V Children's Hospital which was then overturned in West Coast v Parrish
Thats interesting but the point remains that there is a federal minimum wage upheld by the SCOTUS for almost a century.

..."Go to school! Learn new skills, you lazy asses!"

...then who would replace them to work in the service industry? How could those industries survive if so many of the workers make minimum wage?

Keep in mind we are including state minimum wages here - not just the federal one. Right now anyone making a state minimum wage is living in poverty. Working up to 40 hours a week Is not enough for these people to live financially stable lives.

42% of American workers make less than $15 per hour. What is your solution to helping these people out of poverty?

You people are full of bitching but you have no real solutions.
First of all billy boy...about 50% of conservatives are in favor of a reasonable min wage increase...silly billy

Don't allow greedy white Republican dude to make all the decisions on issues like this. That's my advice to folks. Greedy white Republican dude doesn't have American Workers' best interests in mind. He only has his own in mind.

He has to be sidelined and marginalized on these kinds of issues. His hate & greed overwhelms him. He's incapable of making balanced just decisions. So don't leave it all up to him. It will only end in tears for American Workers.

And you believe the GOVERNMENT has your best interests in mind?

LOL_zpsrc5py0ql.gif

Don't allow greedy white Republican dude to make all the decisions on issues like this. That's my advice to folks. Greedy white Republican dude doesn't have American Workers' best interests in mind. He only has his own in mind.

He has to be sidelined and marginalized on these kinds of issues. His hate & greed overwhelms him. He's incapable of making balanced just decisions. So don't leave it all up to him. It will only end in tears for American Workers.

And you believe the GOVERNMENT has your best interests in mind?

LOL_zpsrc5py0ql.gif

Youre trying way too hard. :laugh:

Thats interesting but the point remains that there is a federal minimum wage upheld by the SCOTUS for almost a century.
Of course there is, and I personally don't advocate getting rid of it. But to say "nope precedent is set" is silly. And in fact that sort of argument is exactly one that many point to when you suggest we get rid of welfare and just send every American a check for $X every year. They point to comments like yours and say "see , what would happen is some people would spend all their money then want welfare too, and many liberals would be screaming that we must give them welfare b/c we always have" Which leads to never having any positive changes.

Of course there is, and I personally don't advocate getting rid of it. But to say "nope precedent is set" is silly. And in fact that sort of argument is exactly one that many point to when you suggest we get rid of welfare and just send every American a check for $X every year. They point to comments like yours and say "see , what would happen is some people would spend all their money then want welfare too, and many liberals would be screaming that we must give them welfare b/c we always have" Which leads to never having any positive changes.
I disagree that its silly to say "no the precedent is set". The argument is just one in a list of arguments used to support a particular position. Think of it like a pro vs a con. Since we need to have a social safety net in order to be considered a first world entity any arguments against it are puerile.

As you know, they did not uphold the minimum wage. They refused to hear the case.

In your esteemed opinion then, if the Supreme Court makes a decision, that settles it, period?

As you know, they did not uphold the minimum wage. They refused to hear the case.

In your esteemed opinion then, if the Supreme Court makes a decision, that settles it, period?
Sorry guy but youre wrong.

Minimum wage in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

if the SCOTUS makes a decision that pretty much settles it until it can be overturned. I thought everyone knew that?

They certainly did rule that the minimum wage was constitutional. And yes, once SCOTUS rules, a matter is settled. Unless SCOTUS later rules differently.

People are comfortable now. Who is not comfortable?!? You? Please...enlighten us. Who do you know that is not comfortable. And don't give us some lame made up "John Jones". Give us specific. What is their situation? What do they do? Why are they uncomfortable?

The people living close to or below the poverty line.

Really? Did they tell you that? Because they seem extremely comfortable to me. But then again, you clearly don't let facts get in the way of your rhetoric:

As scholar James Q. Wilson has stated, “The poorest Americans today live a better life than all but the richest persons a hundred years ago.”[3] In 2005, the typical household defined as poor by the government had a car and air conditioning. For entertainment, the household had two color televisions, cable or satellite TV, a DVD player, and a VCR. If there were children, especially boys, in the home, the family had a game system, such as an Xbox or a PlayStation.[4] In the kitchen, the household had a refrigerator, an oven and stove, and a microwave. Other household conveniences included a clothes washer, clothes dryer, ceiling fans, a cordless phone, and a coffee maker.

Air Conditioning, Cable TV, and an Xbox: What is Poverty in the United States Today?
Yes they told me that. I work with people like that all the time. I'm not really interested in what it seems to be to you. Since I have factual first hand information your guessing is dismissed.
So your limited empirical data trumps wide ranging government studies? Yeah...ok. Can you say "desperate"? Game over. You lose.
Wide ranging government studies also say people living at or below the poverty line are uncomfortable.

Well, we certainly don't want people with no education, motivation or experience...to be UNCOMFORTABLE. MUCH better to make them comfortable in their poverty.

Benjamin Franklin

November 27-29 1766

“I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty but leading or driving them out of it. In my youth I traveled much, I observed in different countries that the more public provision were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And on the contrary, the less was done for them the more they did for themselves and became richer.”

Really? Did they tell you that? Because they seem extremely comfortable to me. But then again, you clearly don't let facts get in the way of your rhetoric:

As scholar James Q. Wilson has stated, “The poorest Americans today live a better life than all but the richest persons a hundred years ago.”[3] In 2005, the typical household defined as poor by the government had a car and air conditioning. For entertainment, the household had two color televisions, cable or satellite TV, a DVD player, and a VCR. If there were children, especially boys, in the home, the family had a game system, such as an Xbox or a PlayStation.[4] In the kitchen, the household had a refrigerator, an oven and stove, and a microwave. Other household conveniences included a clothes washer, clothes dryer, ceiling fans, a cordless phone, and a coffee maker.

Air Conditioning, Cable TV, and an Xbox: What is Poverty in the United States Today?
Yes they told me that. I work with people like that all the time. I'm not really interested in what it seems to be to you. Since I have factual first hand information your guessing is dismissed.
So your limited empirical data trumps wide ranging government studies? Yeah...ok. Can you say "desperate"? Game over. You lose.
Wide ranging government studies also say people living at or below the poverty line are uncomfortable.

Well, we certainly don't want people with no education, motivation or experience...to be UNCOMFORTABLE. MUCH better to make them comfortable in their poverty.

Benjamin Franklin

November 27-29 1766

“I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty but leading or driving them out of it. In my youth I traveled much, I observed in different countries that the more public provision were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And on the contrary, the less was done for them the more they did for themselves and became richer.”

That is of course true, but has nothing to do with the minimum wage.

if the SCOTUS makes a decision that pretty much settles it until it can be overturned.
I thought everyone knew that?

World| Mon May 2, 2016 8:48pm EDT
Related: U.S.
Supreme Court rejects challenge to Seattle minimum wage law
BY DANIEL WIESSNER

So...its settled..until it ISN'T settled. You're amusing.

Benjamin Franklin

November 27-29 1766

I doubt ole Ben was advocating that we starve children by doing away with the minimum wage. He would probably punch you in throat for twisting his words.

if the SCOTUS makes a decision that pretty much settles it until it can be overturned.

BY DANIEL WIESSNER

Hey dummy. $15 isnt the federal minimum wage. :laugh:

That wasnt even a state case. It was a city case.

Last edited:

BY DANIEL WIESSNER

LOLWUT , that case had NOTHING to do with whether minimum wage laws were constitutional. Which is what we were discussing.

That court case was over a tangential situation, Namely that the law gave exemptions to small businesses. Mainly being aimed at "big box" type businesses.

So , no SCOTUS did not refuse to rule on a case concerning whether minimum wage laws are constitutional or not.

..."Go to school! Learn new skills, you lazy asses!"

...then who would replace them to work in the service industry? How could those industries survive if so many of the workers make minimum wage?

Keep in mind we are including state minimum wages here - not just the federal one. Right now anyone making a state minimum wage is living in poverty. Working up to 40 hours a week Is not enough for these people to live financially stable lives.

42% of American workers make less than $15 per hour. What is your solution to helping these people out of poverty?

You people are full of bitching but you have no real solutions.
Congrats Billy for the stupidest thread I've seen in some time.
There are always people entering the workforce, ergo there will always be people on the bottom trying to move up.

NOT when the Progressives continue to remove the bottom rungs!

minimum-wage-cartoon_zps4r8nklh9.jpg

Forum List

Back