Hiring Bolton a betrayal to trump base

The linked article is - if you will pardon my candor - stupid.

Bolton, like every significant American and Western leader at the time, believed the intelligence about WMD'S, and saw what an insidious force Saddae was. And Bolton saw that the post - invasion actions by the Good Guys squandered the opportunity to bring real change, not only in Iraq, but in the region. But that does not negate the correctness of the decision to invade and implement regime change.

Trump played the role of the "wise Monday morning quarterback" after the fact, but this should not be confused with prospective disagreement with the decision, which VERY FEW were willing to voice. Not HRC, not John Kerry, not Al Gore, or the other usual suspects, all of whom AT THE TIME agreed with the WMD threat.

Bolton is a great choice, comparable to Gorsuch. It will be refreshing to have a National Security guy who can tell the UN to go fuck off.

i think that Bolton and Trump are in tune in their dislike for the 'norks' and 'iranians' that need to be destroyed or at least forced to their knees . I also think that Bolton , The TRUMP and the new Pompeo all share the same goals TVInger .

That would be WW III
--------------------------------------------------------- ww 3 , MAYBE eh Jim , course unless The Trump has changed his mind the 'norks' will not be allowed to have nukes and that probably applies to the 'iranians' also JimH

i think that Bolton and Trump are in tune in their dislike for the 'norks' and 'iranians' that need to be destroyed or at least forced to their knees . I also think that Bolton , The TRUMP and the new Pompeo all share the same goals TVInger .

That would be WW III
--------------------------------------------------------- ww 3 , MAYBE eh Jim , course unless The Trump has changed his mind the 'norks' will not be allowed to have nukes and that probably applies to the 'iranians' also JimH

they already have them, zippy

That would be WW III

they already have them, zippy
---------------------------------- deliverable , but anyway , i hear that The TRUMP has said that the USA can not live with 'iranian' or 'nork' nukes Zappy !!:afro:

John Bolton, Trump’s ultra-hawkish new national security adviser, explained

Bolton took the hardest of possible lines. He forcefully argued that Iraq had WMDs — “we are confident that Saddam Hussein has hidden weapons of mass destruction,” as he put in one 2002 speech. After Bush’s 2002 State of the Union speech connecting North Korea, Iraq, and Iran as an “axis of evil,” Bolton insisted that this wasn’t just rhetoric — that there was ‘’a hard connection between these regimes — an ‘axis’ along which flow dangerous weapons and dangerous technology.’’
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The irony is trump appointed a person who was one of the architects of the WMD claim in Iraq. The same WMD claim that trump has slammed over and over. He laughs at the insolence of the W administration as they manufactured the WMD claim. Yet....here he is appointing Bolton....the very person who cherry picked the data to enable us to go to war. He is licking his chops now as he looks at NK and Iran.

Sadly he has a narcissistic sociopath in charge who can be persuaded to do anything just from being told his hair looks nice. This is chemistry for a disaster...hold onto your hats
Iraq DID have WMD (chemical). But that's not why war was started. It was started because of "nuclear imminent threat". But Bolton wasn't who said that. That was VP Cheney and Conoleeza Rice.

Like I said in another thread...

I have no problem with Bolton!

If he is for peace....like Trump's base is

I am all for him!

NO WAR WITH IRAN ok?

NO WAR PERIOD.

Hiring John Bolton Would Be a Betrayal of Donald Trump's Base

Yup...another slap in the face to his base. He will now have China buying agricultural needs from other countries and he will also be leaning on Bolton to start a war.

You trump voters bent over and took one in the rear...how does it feel now?

They'll just pretend anything is a good choice.

As long as Trump doesn't touch their guns, they don't care about anything else.
And punitive punishing taxes. We are not fond of those either. Keep up the deportations and make some real progress on the wall and he will win in 2020.

The selection of Bolton shows the influence of unchristian Zionist Evangelical shitheads on the Trump administration. Bolton is one of the most evil men on the planet.

That would be WW III

Hate to break it to ya...the Norks have nukes....

I am all for him!

NO WAR WITH IRAN ok?

NO WAR PERIOD.
Depends... Iran is a real problem. It's a real shame Obama gave billions of tax payer money to the worlds largest sponsor of terrorism.

John Bolton, Trump’s ultra-hawkish new national security adviser, explained

Bolton took the hardest of possible lines. He forcefully argued that Iraq had WMDs — “we are confident that Saddam Hussein has hidden weapons of mass destruction,” as he put in one 2002 speech. After Bush’s 2002 State of the Union speech connecting North Korea, Iraq, and Iran as an “axis of evil,” Bolton insisted that this wasn’t just rhetoric — that there was ‘’a hard connection between these regimes — an ‘axis’ along which flow dangerous weapons and dangerous technology.’’
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The irony is trump appointed a person who was one of the architects of the WMD claim in Iraq. The same WMD claim that trump has slammed over and over. He laughs at the insolence of the W administration as they manufactured the WMD claim. Yet....here he is appointing Bolton....the very person who cherry picked the data to enable us to go to war. He is licking his chops now as he looks at NK and Iran.

Sadly he has a narcissistic sociopath in charge who can be persuaded to do anything just from being told his hair looks nice. This is chemistry for a disaster...hold onto your hats
Iraq DID have WMD (chemical). But that's not why war was started. It was started because of "nuclear imminent threat". But Bolton wasn't who said that. That was VP Cheney and Conoleeza Rice.

Still selling the Iraq WMD LIE?

That would be WW III

Hate to break it to ya...the Norks have nukes....
Obummer screwed the pooch on that one.

I am all for him!

NO WAR WITH IRAN ok?

NO WAR PERIOD.
Depends... Iran is a real problem. It's a real shame Obama gave billions of tax payer money to the worlds largest sponsor of terrorism.

Yes it's a shame.

But then Hussein Obama was a shame.

Mr Bolton....if you happen to read this.....NO WAR!!!!!

NO WAR WITH IRAN OR ANY OTHER COUNTRY!~

NO MORE AMERICAN BLOOD SPILLED !!!!!!

OK?

Hope patriots in the WH got the message, thank you.

Forum List

Back