History Channel To Portray Hannibal Accurately

220px-Mommsen_p265.jpg

Not the facial features of an African by any stretch. Thanks.

Oh, I don't know…here is an African with similar features…the same features lent to Europeans thousands of years ago.

th

Put a beard on him and VOILA! BTW his hair is even straighter than the hair simulation carved in the
statue

Interesting that you should choose a Somali warlord for your image. He is what would be called normal variation. This is what the more common Somali nomad looks like.

Me thinketh he haves some white devil blood in him from one of the Italian soldiers of that region.

maxresdefault.jpg
Asclips is desperately trying to find a black man he can admire. Could well be a Freudian daddy issue.

"Hannibal is usually depicted as a white man, but his coins in the British Museum and the Museo Kercheriano, Rome, show him to have been an African of purest type with rings in his ears. Col. Hennebert, perhaps the leading authority on Hannibal, declares that none of the several differing portraits now exhibited as Hannibal is he, "We do not possess any authentic portrait of Hannibal," he says. (Histoire d'Annibal, Vol. I, p. 495, Paris, 1870). These coins were struck by Hannibal while he was in Italy. In the absence of other information the most logical argument is that they bore his own effigy, the more so, as the several kinds of them bear the same likeness. Above all, let us remember that he was an African."

Oh, I don't know…here is an African with similar features…the same features lent to Europeans thousands of years ago.

th

Put a beard on him and VOILA! BTW his hair is even straighter than the hair simulation carved in the
statue

Interesting that you should choose a Somali warlord for your image. He is what would be called normal variation. This is what the more common Somali nomad looks like.

Me thinketh he haves some white devil blood in him from one of the Italian soldiers of that region.

maxresdefault.jpg
Asclips is desperately trying to find a black man he can admire. Could well be a Freudian daddy issue.

"Hannibal is usually depicted as a white man, but his coins in the British Museum and the Museo Kercheriano, Rome, show him to have been an African of purest type with rings in his ears. Col. Hennebert, perhaps the leading authority on Hannibal, declares that none of the several differing portraits now exhibited as Hannibal is he, "We do not possess any authentic portrait of Hannibal," he says. (Histoire d'Annibal, Vol. I, p. 495, Paris, 1870). These coins were struck by Hannibal while he was in Italy. In the absence of other information the most logical argument is that they bore his own effigy, the more so, as the several kinds of them bear the same likeness. Above all, let us remember that he was an African."

How about a link to your quote. It isn't perchance from Race and History is it? That paragon of black supremacy?

th

statue

maxresdefault.jpg

How about a link to your quote. It isn't perchance from Race and History is it? That paragon of black supremacy?
You dont need a link. I cited the source in the quote.

Histoire d'Annibal, Vol. I, p. 495, Paris, 1870

th

statue

maxresdefault.jpg

"African of purest type" is not a quote from the History of Hannibal. I wish to know who it was that said that.

maxresdefault.jpg

"African of purest type" is not a quote from the History of Hannibal. I wish to know who it was that said that.
You should have just said that instead of attempting to "poison the well".

Joel Augustus Rogers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Rogers was a meticulous researcher, astute scholar and concise writer. He traveled tirelessly on his quest for knowledge, which often took him directly to the source. While traveling in Europe, he frequented libraries, museums, and castles, finding sources that helped him prove African ancestry and history. He challenged the biased viewpoint of Eurocentric historians and anthropologists."

Last edited:

th

statue

But is that African? Maybe a mix. Great retort though; got to give you credit.
Thats an ignorant question. Where do you think that guy lives?

It appears that black racists only consider melanin content and geographical location in determining who is black and who is not. They're the flip-side of those white racists who claim similar silly ideas.

It appears that black racists only consider melanin content and geographical location in determining who is black and who is not. They're the flip-side of those white racists who claim similar silly ideas.
It appears you white racists think you define what are Black traits and what are white traits. Fact check. You dont.

Nice selfie. We are talking about Hannibal though.

b32b6877ba54600cde26a022061ec153.jpg
We're talking about one of the greatest generals whose ever lived, not the elephant dung gatherer depicted in some coin. There a re few jungle bunnies in Tunisia today, let alone 2000 years ago when they were all slaves.
I know who we are talking about. A Black African. I just pointed out your non authenticate picture of him wasnt fooling anyone. Keep trying your hardest though. This is fun. :laugh:

We're talking about one of the greatest generals whose ever lived, not the elephant dung gatherer depicted in some coin. There a re few jungle bunnies in Tunisia today, let alone 2000 years ago when they were all slaves.
I know who we are talking about. A Black African. I just pointed out your non authenticate picture of him wasnt fooling anyone. Keep trying your hardest though. This is fun. :laugh:
It is fun. More jungle bunny civilizations please! No more dung sweepers though, agreed?

It is fun. More jungle bunny civilizations please! No more dung sweepers though, agreed?
No one ever claimed you were Hannibal. I cant help it if you sweep dung for a living. Now stop the monkey chatter and get back on topic boy.
laugh.gif

No one ever claimed you were Hannibal. I cant help it if you sweep dung for a living. Now stop the monkey chatter and get back on topic boy.
laugh.gif
I'm sorry. I thought you were black. Whatever you are, be proud of your heritage. Being a Greek-American and familiar with my USN Captain father, I am not at a lose for heroes and people of great accomplishment.

Your situation is unfortunately different. Solve those issues with coming to terms with those of yours and their humble accomplishments. It is far more of what you make of yourself than those who could not inspire you.

We've all got daddy issues, some more than others. Knowing who he is goes a long way.

Good luck\1

laugh.gif
I'm sorry. I thought you were black. Whatever you are, be proud of your heritage. Being a Greek-American and familiar with my USN Captain father, I am not at a lose for heroes and people of great accomplishment.

Your situation is unfortunately different. Solve those issues with coming to terms with those of yours and their humble accomplishments. It is far more of what you make of yourself than those who could not inspire you.

We've all got daddy issues, some more than others. Knowing who he is goes a long way.

Good luck\1
Some of us don't have issues with our mothers being one of many whores our father spunked in while touring in the Navy.
Similarly we don't have an unrealistic disdain of other people, but please do continue to entertain us with your knowledge of Africa and the insane drivel you spout...

It appears you white racists think you define what are Black traits and what are white traits. Fact check. You dont.
There ya go again, puttin' people in boxes just like a racist.

Forum List

Back