Hitler, Fascism and the right wing

Actually, the could apply to any strictly authoritarian government.
Which are usually right-wing. We're dealing in generalities here, roll with the punches.
No they aren't usually right wing.

It's probably 50/50 as most things in life naturally are.

I can count more left-wing dictatorships than right-wing.

By my count there have been eight right-wing fascist governments (of which two were puppet states in Austria and in Hungary) and about the same number of what we might call Militarist Conservatives, such as Pinochet, Cristiani or the Argentine Dirty Generals.

There must have been 30 communist dictatorships.

Which is all the more reason why it is so odd to see people on the right pretending that those dozen right-wing dictatorships didn't exist.

Which are usually right-wing. We're dealing in generalities here, roll with the punches.

Not in this case, or in the case of the three famous examples we have, Germany, Italy, and Japan, up until the religious versions (Iran and the Taliban) appeared on the radar. All are reactionary, AKA right-wing

Last edited:

By my count there have been eight right-wing fascist governments (of which two were puppet states in Austria and in Hungary) and about the same number of what we might call Militarist Conservatives, such as Pinochet, Cristiani or the Argentine Dirty Generals.

Which is all the more reason why it is so odd to see people on the right pretending that those dozen right-wing dictatorships didn't exist.

I was amused the other night when a left wing poster tried to argue that a liberal could never be an authoritarian. LOL

I was amused the other night when a left wing poster tried to argue that a liberal could never be an authoritarian. LOL
The very best government is a Benevolent Dictatorship. They can still get shit done, in a nice way.

Not in this case, or in the case of the three famous examples we have, Germany, Italy, and Japan, up until the religious versions (Iran and the Taliban) appeared the radar. All are reactionary, AKA right-wing

The three famous examples are a small portion of the world's dictators.

The very best government is a Benevolent Dictatorship. They can still get shit done, in a nice way.

I would agree, IF I were the dictator.

Not in this case, or in the case of the three famous examples we have, Germany, Italy, and Japan, up until the religious versions (Iran and the Taliban) appeared the radar. All are reactionary, AKA right-wing

We're discussing Fascism, not dictatorships. Hitler is the top of this list, which is fascism, and right-wing.

You should agree period, since it's true.

Oh yes, because there are so many benevolent dictators throughout history to judge

Oh yes, because there are so many benevolent dictators throughout history to judge
Yep, that and common sense.

You guys think Stalin was peachy and he murdered more people than anyone but Mao, another one of your hero's.

Back up this claim- or withdraw it, commit to posting honestly, and I'll answer any questions. Not before.

It's every bit as absurd as the absurd claims you make about others. See how that works...

We're discussing Fascism, not dictatorships. Hitler is the top of this list, which is fascism, and right-wing.

The point being made is there is no difference between a "communist" dictator (who everyone says is leftist), and a "fascist" dictator (who everyone claims is rightist), so if there is no difference, why call them different?

The point being made is there is no difference between a "communist" dictator (who everyone says is leftist), and a "fascist" dictator (who everyone claims is rightist), so if there is no difference, why call them different?
Because they are different...

Really? How? Be specific.

Not too many, no. Rwanda's Paul Kagame might count....Bhutan, I believe....Tanazania's Julius Nyerere, perhaps....and most have been a bit dubious ethically....

Really? How? Be specific.
That is the whole point of the game. You can't scream Fascism and it actually means something bad, and you can't scream Democracy and it actually means something good. What's required is to look at the actions and the results, not the labels. Even a Dictatorship has its good qualities, at least shit usually gets done.

Not too many, no. Rwanda's Paul Kagame might count....Bhutan, I believe....Tanazania's Julius Nyerere, perhaps....and most have been a bit dubious ethically....
I was thinking a bit farther back, like the kings Solomon and David, for starters.

Forum List

Back