Holder sends poll watchers to 18 states

Rotagilla

Gold Member
May 27, 2014
The Department of Justice plans to send federal monitors to 18 states to watch for discrimination against voters.

I couldn't decide whether or not this should go in "Politics" or "Race" forum.
I think we all know by now that race is eric(I'm the attorney general but I'm a black man first)holder's main obsession.
“I want the American people to know that the Justice Department will stand vigilant — working in a fair and nonpartisan manner to ensure that every voter can cast his or her ballot free of intimidation, discrimination or obstruction, he said”

unless you're a white person and some negroes with sticks are standing in the doorway of your polling place.

THAT kind of intimidation, discrimination and obstruction is ok with him..

I doubt many negroes with sticks will be hanging around polling places any more, though.It's really not too smart.

Holder sends poll watchers to 18 states TheHill

Monitors will head to Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Kansas, North Carolina, Nebraska, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas and Wisconsin.

“One of the Justice Department’s most sacred responsibilities is ensuring access to the ballot box for every eligible American,” Attorney General Eric Holder said in a video message on the department’s website.
“I want the American people to know that the Justice Department will stand vigilant — working in a fair and nonpartisan manner to ensure that every voter can cast his or her ballot free of intimidation, discrimination or obstruction,” he said.

This is the first major federal election since the Supreme Court overturned parts of the Voting Rights Act in Shelby County v. Holder.

The Court ruled that the formula used to determine which states needed to clear voting rights changes by the Justice Department was unconstitutional. That allowed nine states, as well as some counties in other states, to change voting laws without checking with the Justice Department to ensure that the changes aren’t discriminatory.

Holder used his statement to slam voter ID laws in a number of states. He called those laws “restrictive,” “burdensome” and “out of step with history.” But he emphasized that the Justice Department has to protect existing laws.

I was a poll watcher a few times when I lived in Boston. There's nothing uncommon about it.

Good. Republicans will have to think twice before engaging in fraudulent behavior.

while democrats get a free pass...

Please, these old crazy white people that are "poll watchers" were trying to prevent people they didn't want voting by hovering too close and intimidating them. It's the old Jim Crow again in the south, any black person that shows up to vote is immediately deemed by the far right as committing voter fraud because they have it made up in their head that there is no possible way democrats can win elections. It's a huge conspiracy that we fraudulently made up over 5 million votes. Seriously?

We know Holder, being the AG, is above reproach. He is a man of integrity and honesty.

Yeah...right.

Good. Republicans will have to think twice before engaging in fraudulent behavior.

Please, these old crazy white people that are "poll watchers" were trying to prevent people they didn't want voting by hovering too close and intimidating them. It's the old Jim Crow again in the south, any black person that shows up to vote is immediately deemed by the far right as committing voter fraud because they have it made up in their head that there is no possible way democrats can win elections. It's a huge conspiracy that we fraudulently made up over 5 million votes. Seriously?

you have a very active imagination.

In Florida to be a poll watcher one must be a registered voter in the county where he/she is watching.

I would love for some of these thugs to show up tomorrow so I can kick their asses out of the county.

In Florida to be a poll watcher one must be a registered voter in the county where he/she is watching.

I would love for some of these thugs to show up tomorrow so I can kick their asses out of the county.
Yup..any negroes with sticks show up call the cops and watch the fun.

Yup..any negroes with sticks show up call the cops and watch the fun.

Yeah you're totally not racist.
what? for recommending he call the cops if loiterers try to interfere with the voting process?
hell everything is racist isn't it?....LMAO...

Actually, it's quite true. It happened in Houston. White people watching black people vote? Totally okay, but if the opposite were to occur, you would freak the hell out.

Actually, it's quite true. It happened in Houston. White people watching black people vote? Totally okay, but if the opposite were to occur, you would freak the hell out.

we aren't talking about your speculation on what people you invent in your own mind might or might not do in some fantasy situation you made up out of thin air...silly negro..humans aren't that easily distracted

Forum List

Back