Holy crap, is the LEFT now beginning to wake up?

So much to unpack, here.

The Democrats can focus on their policy platform all day, and it won't necessarily move the base an inch.

So how do you tell millions of Americans that they are going too far, without telling them their concerns are stupid and in the way?

That's the tough part.

"You're an idiot. Vote for me in November."
Yeah, they can't turn on a dime any more than the GQP can. So right now, their strategy is backfiring on them.

Yep. Women will let themselves be assaulted and abused, because calling it out might mean being ostracized and shamed.
Not all women are repressed prudes. Some enjoy the slutty stuff.

And some people take advantage of this. People of low class and of low ethical andmoral character.
We all have our opinions, bigoted as they may be.

Yeah, they can't turn on a dime any more than the GQP can. So right now, their strategy is backfiring on them.
They have tried. For a year they pushed their policy platform, only to watch it predictable torpedoed by the party of "no".

What then? Their own base back fired on them.

If I could get ever pussy hat marcher to organize and march for public health insurance or higher minimum wage or paid leave, I would. So would the democrat politicians.

You're still believing the "welfare queen" lie which was debunked in 1984. How stupid and gullible are you?
That stupid and gullible. Most right wing mythology never dies. Look at all the lies they still believe about Trump despite endless debunking.

Apparently you don't understand, as I need to believe nothing.
Yet you've chosen to believe a lot of nonsense. That makes you a perfect fit for the Trump cult. I'd invite you to examine the data provided but I know Trumper's really aren't in to hard facts. They eschew them.

Last edited:
They have tried. For a year they pushed their policy platform, only to watch it predictable torpedoed by the party of "no".

If I could get ever pussy hat marcher to organize and march for public health insurance or higher minimum wage or paid leave, I would. So would the democrat politicians.

The "pussy hat marchers" did organize and march for public health insurance and higher minimum wages. It was called the 2018 Mid-Terms. And what exactly did that get them?

The Senate still rammed through far right judges and are overturning Roe v. Wade, and now they're complaining about inflation. You still don't have a decent voting rights act.

As long as the minority Republicans continue to hold power in the Senate because of the filibuster, the Democratic agenda won't pass. Stop being pussies and eliminate the filibuster, and end the minority roadblock. The Senators who confirmed ACB represented fewer voters than those who voted against her.

The issue with medicine is that it became a business with the help of government. Whole wings of hospital are used for billing.

This has been building for decades. PC/Identity Politics have saturated the culture, and there are plenty of people who think it's a shitty idea.

The Left flew off the rails when it went from advocacy & reason to punishment & intimidation. Let alone the trans parades for children.

So now, we're seeing the pushback, including from more minorities who don't like it, either.

9ccIZvp.gif

Let's be clear about something. As much as I agree with the basic premise of the thread, it's not going to have a material impact on the midterms, IMO. They will largely be about the Repub's successful efforts, and the natural inclination of voters generally, to pin inflation (as well as any other problems the nation is facing whether it's his fault or not) on the guy in the WH. No amount of empirical evidence or attempts to inject common sense will prevent Biden (and the Dems by extension) from being blamed.
I view that as a separate issue with whatever soul searching is going on regarding the politics of the fringe.
Yep... Harry Truman had it right...

1655744046150.jpeg

Fairly or unfairly, the Dems will take the "hit" for Inflation and the Energy Debacle...

Like a great-many folks, here and elsewhere, I suspect the Dems are gonna get clobbered in both the mid-terms and the 2024 general election...

In an elections context... every eight years or so... ol' Pete Clemenza had it right, too... :cool:

anigif_enhanced-buzz-32033-1380598314-0_preview.gif

Mac1958

Okay, so here is the elevator pitch:

Somehow show these people that their cultural and social issues are directly impacted by economics and policy issues.

Example: Explain to the pussy hat marchers that the reason women are less oppressed than they were 60 years ago is not because of public shaming or who screamed the loudest.

It is because of policy and legislation that allowed them to get divorced, to prosecute their spouses for assault, to have their own bank accounts and credit cards, to marry whomever they please, etc.

Explain to them that this empowerment does not come through memes or Twitter storms.

Explain to them the immediate and powerful effect on empowering women that free child care, mandatory paid maternal leave, universal health insurance, and higher minimum wage would have.

Then, explain it again. And again and again. And do so diplomatically.

"That may all be correct, but here is the pathway to what you seek..."

Explain to them that, if they are tired of having a bunch of old men make decisions about their lives and bodies, the only real solution is the empowerment of women that will eventually take their place.

Last edited:
First, I'm not getting my hopes up, even though I've been screaming about the Left's cynical weaponization of PC and Identity Politics since I've been on this board (and long before). However:

Interestingly, both the CNN and MSNBC morning shows spent time on how or if the American Left has gone too far with its cultural issues. This, after James Carville, Bill Maher, and even recently Hillary Clinton and Van Jones have been beating the drum on this. Even Al freakin' Sharpton said the Dems are moving from "progressive" to "regressive" (a word I've used about a thousand times here).

We're seeing Hispanics give up and move towards the GOP now. November looks like an ass kicking. Are the Democrats beginning to figure it out, are they starting to realize that they've been concentrating on the wrong issues for too long, losing the working class vote over "defund the police", reparations, destroying businesses that don't want to bake a cake, and trans parades in grade schools?

Are they waking up? AND, is it too late, are they too dependent on it and attached to it to fix this?

The very few somewhat speaking out. The rest of the loons will do what they always do, double down on shit the majority of US citizens don't give a crap about.

Not all women are repressed prudes. Some enjoy the slutty stuff.

We all have our opinions, bigoted as they may be.

NO ONE enjoys being assaulted or abused.

The mere fact that you refer to any enjoyment of sex by women as "the slutty stuff" show what a complete misogynist you are. Women enjoying sex are not "slutty', they're normal women. Believing that women enjoying sex is "slutty" shows that you're the repressed asshole here.

The idea that only "some" women enjoy sex is a real indictment of American men. ALL women enjoy sex, in a healthy, adult relationship. Those who don't are the ones who's sexual partners have never considered their partner's needs or desires, only their own.

Forum List

Back