Holy crap - this has to stop!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously. This toxic partisan political culture is poisoning civil society.

What the hell is wrong with us?

The left and the right pulling hair and screeching their bumpersticker slogans and broad brush pig ignorant partisan blamegaming? What's wrong with us?

I'm no youngster. I've never seen such a dangerous ambient.

We have someone shooting at one of our few remaining bipartisan non political fun charitable events because he wants to kill a bunch of (insert political party).

The rhetoric flooding the country is poisoning us. And no one wants to take responsibility for stepping up and saying "enough already". For changing it.

Our representatives are colleagues first and foremost. Political opponents second. They recognize it. That violence against one is violence against the others and against our very institutions. Why are we unable to recognize that?
Single term limits…

No...two terms is good. One really isn't enough. I'm ok with two term limits.
Or maybe one expanded term. Either way, this system needs to change.

It's the rhetoric that does this. There are people betting against US unity.
Sure, I call them the "Division Pimps" - people who literally have a vested professional interest in keeping Americans angry, divided and separated.

They're all over the "media", both "ends", and they create and amplify division with people who now self-select their "news" and opinion.

Political thought is now almost entirely binary and insulated, and this is dangerous. We're watching the consequences in real time.

Last edited:

The left and the right pulling hair and screeching their bumpersticker slogans and broad brush pig ignorant partisan blamegaming? What's wrong with us?

We have someone shooting at one of our few remaining bipartisan non political fun charitable events because he wants to kill a bunch of (insert political party).

The rhetoric flooding the country is poisoning us. And no one wants to take responsibility for stepping up and saying "enough already". For changing it.

Our representatives are colleagues first and foremost. Political opponents second. They recognize it. That violence against one is violence against the others and against our very institutions. Why are we unable to recognize that?

Now if only the Senior USMB moderator (who is that) would suspend the obvious racists and other people who said liberals would be partying at this news (hint; his name is Geaux4it ).

Why you guys give a megaphone to garbage like that, I’ll never know.

^^^^^^^^^
creepy_crying_baby.gif
^^^^^^^^^^^

-
Geaux

Now if only the Senior USMB moderator (who is that) would suspend the obvious racists and other people who said liberals would be partying at this news (hint; his name is Geaux4it ).

Why you guys give a megaphone to garbage like that, I’ll never know.

^^^^^^^^^
creepy_crying_baby.gif
^^^^^^^^^^^

-
Geaux

Self portrait?

The danger and violence is all emanating from your side of the isle.

So troublemakers come to his rallies to disrupt or try to stop it, but Trump is responsible for telling his people to use the same kind of violence they planned to use against his supporters. But those troublemakers are not promoting violence--Trump is.

Here's an idea: If troublemakers don't want a problem--don't go to Trump rallies in the first place to start trouble. Nah....... too much thinking for a liberal.

"Troublemakers?" Get a grip dude. This is America, and we have the right to free speech. You're now the second degenerate refusing to condone Trump's calls for violence. Disgusting.

dude, you don't seem to get it. Trump was at a live event. intruders were getting in the faces of his supporters during his speech, trying to silence it. See you don't seem to get that piece. In my eyes, that is illegal to a campaign. Interfering with an election. Get it? Now, as a measure of sanity, he asked his supporters to remove the illegals in the room. Dude, in no way did he call for a march in the street and blow up the white house. See, coyote, if you wish to unite, you have to face the facts. otherwise, what this thread is about is totally useless. AND IT IS the LEFT ONLY. And you know it. If you don't, then you are just disingenuous and not honest. I do denounce any conservative calling for violence against innocent americans. I am not against standing up for our policies and programs. And if continued free speech intrusion continues from the left, then I believe it will get ugly and you can kiss this yesterday camaraderie show by the congress.

if the left can't debate, it's over. or better yet, if the left won't debate, it's over.

Er... what? I didn't say anything about race, racism, racist or anything of the like.

I did say "nationalism" and I did say "Stormfront", are you assuming that by telling someone to go to Stormfront that this means "racist" or something? Very strange.
It's exactly what it means, and how everyone means it when it's said. Or are you going to tell me that you were telling Skye to go to a White Nationalist forum, specifically, for some other reason?

Sure, I'll humor you, what was your reason for specifying that one if you weren't calling her a racist?

K74TjcQTTXaTI9ECQ_miQA.png

I mean, few people can mistake what the forum is for, and what kind of community it has.

Non sequitur. I'm pretty sure Sturmfront hates Jews too. And they're generally authoritarian-worshipers whether involving ethnicity or not.
Either you don't know what "Non sequiter" means, or you didn't catch that he specified both Nationalist and going to Stormfront. The flow of logic is pretty clear there, especially given that Stormfront is best known for being a white supremacist site.

Of course, we can also wait for Frigid to reply. I did say I'd humor them.

No I don't know what "sequiter" means, since it's sequitur.

Again --- that leap is not yours to make. I don't care how "pretty clear" you think it is, you do NOT know everything and there's always a chance you didn't think of something.
It's less of a leap and more of a step.

I know you realize Frigid is cornered, but you really should give them a chance to explain. It'll be alright, maybe, probably.

No, it's a leap.

When you fist posted "racist" I thought maybe I had missed something and word-searched for it. There was no mention except for your bringing it in. Wasn't there. And here the next day it's still not there. He said no such thing -- you trotted in a strawman. Fatter o' mact you put it in the literal form of a quote, which was never posted before you "quoted" what did not exist.

That's a simple case of nonexistence. You made a leap without a bridge, hence non sequitur.

Last edited:
Soros is funding the sedition, neutralize him and it stops the next day

If you thinks it stops there you are wrong.

This is just symptoms of a deadly spiritual sickness that pervades our society. Until we reconnect with God and let him heal us as individuals.

We need to become men and women who love truth more than we love self.

We need to become men and women who forgive others and seek to love our enemies.

We need to learn to disagree with others without reviling them.

We need to learn the lost art of rhetoric so we can use reason to persuade one another and be willing to admit when we are wrong.

We need to be willing to fight and die to protect the rights of another we may disagree with.

We need to stop the disintegration of the family by restoring our own families and taking care of them

It's time for us to man and woman up and become the people God wants us to be.

Otherwise we will kill each other

It is people...not parties. People have gone nuts. I am so tired and weary from it all.

I'm just plain angry. And DISGUSTED. Have we devolved to our lowest common denominators? Empowered the most hateful amongst us? Sanctified mob mentalities?

Anger is the problem. We need to put wisdom in place and let anger go. No matter how hard

And a perfect example of what I was talking about...
The HATE is on your side. You (collectively) get these nuts worked into a frenzy of hate until one of them thinks he's doing God's service. This is on you. Live with it.

If you think hate doesn't exist on both sides, you've been blinded by it.

What did everyone expect ?

Things have gotten steadily uglier over time.

Look at the direction of cable news.

And everyone like YOU now says...wow, this has to stop.

Sorry, but you can't turn an aircraft carrier on a dime.

And this won't slow down any time soon.

For one, the people who profiting from it will keep it going as best they can.

And if you don't thing Obama's partisan horsecrap that sold Obamacare isn't part of it (look how he demonized the GOP), you are a fool.

And you now have......Donald Trump.

And that's part of the problem. We don't listen to what others are saying. We ignore what we are doing to them.

Obama and democrats have said horrible things trying to sell Obamacare. And then when we weren't buying it they forced it on us anyway.

When we point out that its increased our healthcare costs and given us an inferior return we get told we are just heartless people and want to take the healthcare of others. No we just want better healthcare.

Republicans promise to repeal it for 8 years. When they get the chance they say they can't.

Nevermind the constitution doesn't give them the authority to regulate our healthcare. All we want them to do is get out of our lives. Apparently they can't protect innocent children from abortion because they can't regulate someone else's body but they can regulate our health.

My daughter and I have a chronic illness. Found out last week their could be a vaccine that will cure it. It's already a generic one. Low risk. Would save literally billions in healthcare costs. But we wont see it for years because of the government.

It's frustrating. And for opposing that nonsense we get told we are uncaring hatemongers along with other vile names.

But we cannot give into hate back. We cannot revile them. We cannot ignore them when they have legitimate concerns. We need to be humble and trust in God for deliverance . Otherwise we will destroy one another.

Love your enemy wasn't just a platitude. Nor was pray for those who use you.

Lets restore our families and put virtue and wisdom back in their place. We may not fix things over night but they can be fixed.

It is people...not parties. People have gone nuts. I am so tired and weary from it all.

I'm just plain angry. And DISGUSTED. Have we devolved to our lowest common denominators? Empowered the most hateful amongst us? Sanctified mob mentalities?

The design of having the same 2 parties lock up total political control for so long GUARANTEES we are headed for the "lowest common denominator". It's that discussion you and I have had before about NOTHING being unethical, wrong or evil anymore --- Because "THEY" did it first. You see it in every USMB "news" thread. Can't bash a Dem without the first opposing post pulling up the fact that Repub did it first -- or worse. And once that equivalency is established --- there's NO CRIME. No sin, no guilt, no consequences.

Well 100 or so years later --- apparently you can shoot CongressCritters on a baseball field and have 15 activists pretending to be journalists saying it was justified or Karma or whatever. I'm watching this 2 way finger-pointing destroy my country because the 2 dynasties are in a death match and APPARENTLY are willing to pump up the rate that we're "circling the drain"..

Country NEEDED a fucking "intervention" -- NOT a choice between 2 dynasty parties offering polarizing candidates. But America wants WINNERS.... NOW --- we're ALL losers.....

Yes, we are. It is scary. If we don't turn things around, it is going to get worse and worse until we have no country.
Things aren't going to get better.

It is time to prepare for the end of this country.

It is time to teach your kids that this country won't exist as it does today when they are grown up.

30 years is all we have before total catastrophe.

Time to teach children to ignore conspiracy-nut losers because all they want is attention, and they should not be given any.

The HATE is on your side. You (collectively) get these nuts worked into a frenzy of hate until one of them thinks he's doing God's service. This is on you. Live with it.

Hate exists on both sides, sure. But one side acts out on it.

All sides act on it, because humans are inherently violent animals.

Really, post the right wing riots after Obama's election.

Saay, I wonder if op and the left wingers that agreed with her post if the constant bogus investigations into obstruction/collusion should stop, considering it is complete bullshit and an obvious witch hunt.

Oh, she does not mean that. Neither do the others that agreed with her delightful post.

Let me clarify. They want people like me to shut up and let the inevitable impeachment to just happen.

Pretty sure that is what the OP means.

No need to be attacking Coyote. She is not hating anyone........not to mention that hate is coming from all sides.
Meeeh. I refuse to show any of them respect. Not even the patronizing passive agressive ones. In fact in a lot of ways, they are worse.

I'm not a fan of John Ponderhetz's neoconservatism and Iraq role, but he mentioned the effect 1968 left on him, and even today I remember RFK's assassination. It was a horrible time, and it continued for awhile, with Ford surviving an attack only to come back out in public and have yet another nutcase try to shoot him.

The left is currently in the grips of a violent (it doesn't help that their ideology involves a rejection of personal responsibility) hysteria , but all people are inherently violent.

The left is currently in the grips of a violent (it doesn't help that their ideology involves a rejection of personal responsibility) hysteria , but all people are inherently violent.
I don't disagree with that portion but the right is far more law abiding and take it to the voting booth, not the streets or private property.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back