Home schooling is booming!

No, you just can't go 5 minutes without having a little baby hissy fit and playing with your strawman dollies. Keep it together, man.

Watch this board. It goes far beyond climate change.
Climate change is the vehicle that will be used to take away all our freedoms and rights.

Therefore, it is the primary focus of the Left.

They aren't taught that, it's RWNJ propaganda.

The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation funded the groups behind A Pathway to Equitable Math Instruction with nearly $140 million. That includes millions to The Education Trust, a fringe education advocacy group that refers to student loan debt for black students as "Jim Crow debt," and Teach Plus, which encourages teachers to become "social agents of change."

TeachingWorks is another recipient of Gates Foundation funding. Its founder believes that math is a "harbor for whiteness" and "the very nature of the knowledge and who's produced it, and what has counted as mathematics is itself dominated by whiteness and racism."

The activists pushing to create anti-racist math classes seem to believe that if minority students underperform in a subject, schools must penalize high achievers (usually white and Asian students) to ensure they aren't at an academic advantage.

The Vancouver, Washington, school board director moved to dramatically alter advanced classes because too many white kids were enrolled. He would force the higher achievers into classrooms with underachievers to meet the district's equity commitment.

Meanwhile, the Democrat-controlled Oregon legislature passed a law ending a high school graduation requirement that students demonstrate proficiency in math (along with reading and writing) after minority students failed at high rates.

Momentum is on the side of the Left, which seeks to dismantle our education systems and rebuild them on their own terms. They've seen victories in the Pacific Northwest. DeSantis should be lauded for taking them on.

The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation funded the groups behind A Pathway to Equitable Math Instruction with nearly $140 million. That includes millions to The Education Trust, a fringe education advocacy group that refers to student loan debt for black students as "Jim Crow debt," and Teach Plus, which encourages teachers to become "social agents of change."

TeachingWorks is another recipient of Gates Foundation funding. Its founder believes that math is a "harbor for whiteness" and "the very nature of the knowledge and who's produced it, and what has counted as mathematics is itself dominated by whiteness and racism."

The activists pushing to create anti-racist math classes seem to believe that if minority students underperform in a subject, schools must penalize high achievers (usually white and Asian students) to ensure they aren't at an academic advantage.

The Vancouver, Washington, school board director moved to dramatically alter advanced classes because too many white kids were enrolled. He would force the higher achievers into classrooms with underachievers to meet the district's equity commitment.

Meanwhile, the Democrat-controlled Oregon legislature passed a law ending a high school graduation requirement that students demonstrate proficiency in math (along with reading and writing) after minority students failed at high rates.

Momentum is on the side of the Left, which seeks to dismantle our education systems and rebuild them on their own terms. They've seen victories in the Pacific Northwest. DeSantis should be lauded for taking them on.
The schools aren't teaching people that mathis racist. They are trying to ensure that everyone learns math.

Not true everywhere. We just gave our teachers a 7 percent raise. They are outstanding.
just remember good is a matter of perspective,,,
The schools aren't teaching people that mathis racist. They are trying to ensure that everyone learns math.
you wouldnt know that when trying to get change back from a youngster,,,

I had one that didnt know the change from a ten for a bill that was 9.88,,,

she didnt beieve me when I said .12,, she wanted to wait for the register to tell her,,

How can kids compete in public schools on the global stage when they are taught such asinine things as math is racist?
I actually teach math.
Math is NOT racist.
I've NEVER actually heard a parent, teacher, administrator ever say or claim that "Math is Racist"
Hey, I believe there are crazy people out there that HAVE said this^^^^,
just like there are crazy people out there that say..."Trump doesn't Lie."

A word problem can have cultural bias, but that doesn't make it racist.

I actually teach math.
Math is NOT racist.
I've NEVER actually heard a parent, teacher, administrator ever say or claim that "Math is Racist"

there are other examples,,

I actually teach math.
Math is NOT racist.

How can kids compete in public schools on the global stage when they are taught such asinine things as math is racist?
You two are both anti-public education.

So which is it, math is racist or math is not racist?

I don't think math itself is racist.

2+3 = 5 in any culture.

Help me understand why either of you think math is racist or math is not racist.

Posting an opinion piece from some website, doesn't tell me your beliefs.

Once again, I don't think or believe that basic fundamentals of math are racist.
Make you stance without posting a link of what others might believe.

You two are both anti-public education.

So which is it, math is racist or math is not racist?

I don't think math itself is racist.

2+3 = 5 in any culture.

Help me understand why either of you think math is racist or math is not racist.

Posting an opinion piece from some website, doesn't tell me your beliefs.

Once again, I don't think or believe that basic fundamentals of math are racist.
Make you stance without posting a link of what others might believe.
I never said it was and I dont think he did,,

you said youve never heard someone saying, pushing it or teaching it,,

I just gave you 10 links of different people doing just that,,

why would you try and make it about us and ignore the actual proof of what we said that you said didnt exist???,,

I never said it was and I dont think he did,,

you said youve never heard someone saying, pushing it or teaching it,,

I just gave you 10 links of different people doing just that,,

why would you try and make it about us and ignore the actual proof of what we said that you said didnt exist???,,
I'm not denying that those 'proposed changes' exist.

I said .............read quote below...........and I still haven't.
I've NEVER been in a Faculty meeting, and the discussion is "Math is Racist."
I've NEVER had a parent approach me and say "Math is Racist."

I'm not denying that those 'proposed changes' exist.

I said .............read quote below...........and I still haven't.
I've NEVER been in a Faculty meeting, and the discussion is "Math is Racist."
I've NEVER had a parent approach me and say "Math is Racist."
when did I say anything about changes???

the point is in a lot of the public school system a lot of useless shit is being pushed instead of actual education of the basics,,

this "math is racist" crap is just one example,,

For the left, it's not about education nor is it about children, it is about the state. For leftists, everything is always about the state. A leftist finds it abhorrent that a parent can be independent of the state and can choose to educate their own child outside of the all-important state.

Mussolini NOTHING outside the state.jpeg

when did I say anything about changes???

the point is in a lot of the public school system a lot of useless shit is being pushed instead of actual education of the basics,,

this "math is racist" crap is just one example,,
The article you posted were about Changes to Math to "address racial equity"

We have both said that we believe that the fundamentals of math are not racist.

The article you posted were about Changes to Math to "address racial equity"

We have both said that we believe that the fundamentals of math are not racist.
and yet here we have so many people that should be teaching math complaining about how racist math is,,,

Forum List

Back