Home schooling is booming!

and yet here we have so many people that should be teaching math complaining about how racist math is,,,
Ok, I acknowledge that these people exist and the articles exist.
I've already said this ^^^^ , it is nothing new that I've added.

Also, the basic fundamentals are not racist.
+ - X ÷ are not racist. We agree.

I haven't read your links, nor do I intend to.
Poorly written word problems can lead to cultural bias, and yes, those types of problems should be addressed.

I have a math textbook from the 1800's.
It asks a lot of questions about peck and bushels and hectares, loaded with fractions.

Is this ( question about pecks and bushels or hectares) a fair, equitable, or even realistic question to ask today?
Or is it the faction part that is unfair or of cultural bias?

Did I mention US schools rank around 40th in the world in math and science, two fields that propel the economy of a country?

Knowing this, what the hell do we have to lose? Home school your kids.
The rest of the world is not focused on teaching wokeness and social justice. The rest of the world laughs at anyone who calls math and science “racist”.

Ok, I acknowledge that these people exist and the articles exist.
I've already said this ^^^^ , it is nothing new that I've added.

Also, the basic fundamentals are not racist.
+ - X ÷ are not racist. We agree.

I haven't read your links, nor do I intend to.
Poorly written word problems can lead to cultural bias, and yes, those types of problems should be addressed.

I have a math textbook from the 1800's.
It asks a lot of questions about peck and bushels, loaded with fractions.

Is this ( question about pecks and bushels) a fair, equitable, or even realistic question to ask today?
Or is it the faction part that is unfair or of cultural bias?
again,, the point is instead of teaching the basics they are paid to teach they spend their time on useless crap like this,,

you called me anti system,,

are you anti home schooling??

again,, the point is instead of teaching the basics they are paid to teach they spend their time on useless crap like this,,

you called me anti system,,

are you anti home schooling??
Are you going to attack me for any point I make?
Do a search on Homeschool and Winco.

This so-called discourse is NOT supposed to be about what we think that others think or have said.
It is about what we think. Can you stick with that?

Ask me a direct question, about my thoughts, not what some published moron has written.

Are you going to attack me for any point I make?
Do a search on Homeschool and Winco.

This so-called discourse is NOT supposed to be about what we think that others think or have said.
It is about what we think. Can you stick with that?

Ask me a direct question, about my thoughts, not what some published moron has written.
then tell me what you think of home schooling???
the topic is the failed government ran education system verses home schooling,,

it has nothing to do with what me or you think,,

then tell me what you think of home schooling???
the topic is the failed government ran education system verses home schooling,,

it has nothing to do with what me or you think,,
Did you do the search? About Homeschooling and Winco?

To clarify, in your first sentence, you say, then tell me what you think of home schooling???
Then in your last sentence you say, it has nothing to do with what me or you think.

Did you do the search? About Homeschooling and Winco?

To clarify, in your first sentence, you say, then tell me what you think of home schooling???
Then in your last sentence you say, it has nothing to do with what me or you think.
are you ever going to discuss the topic or continue the childish word games??

asking if your OK with home school is a yes or no question,,

sorry it takes up to much of your time to answer,,

forget I asked,,

are you ever going to discuss the topic or continue the childish word games??

asking if your OK with home school is a yes or no question,,

sorry it takes up to much of your time to answer,,

forget I asked,,
See post #89
TO SUMMARIZE.

1). I have said that Homeschooled students that return to public education are NEVER the best student in the class nor the worse student in the class.

2). I have stated that quality parents that are engaged do a fantastic job, usually, and those parents that abuse the system usually do their own children a huge disservice.

See post #89
TO SUMMARIZE.

1). I have said that Homeschooled students that return to public education are NEVER the best student in the class nor the worse student in the class.

2). I have stated that quality parents that are engaged do a fantastic job, usually, and those parents that abuse the system usually do their own children a huge disservice.
is that a yes or no??

all in all the same thing can be said about public schools,,

if more parents were involved the outcome of the student would be much better,
the problem is the school system doesnt want parents butting in to what they are doing, as shown over the last few yrs and the trans issue,,

I recall a teacher saying the video classes were a problem because the parents can listen in,,

I recall a teacher saying the video classes were a problem because the parents can listen in,,
What are the reasonable logistics of videoing EVERY classroom?

1). Cost
2). In another Post.

Here's a suggestion that is workable for all involved.

Cost.......Get private companies to donate all the cameras and all the costs that are involved. I would have ZERO problem with my class being recorded. It would backfire on the crowd that thinks that 'indoctrination' or 'grooming' is a regular occurrence.

You want taxpayers paying for this or do you want the tax dollars diverted to this at the expense of other uses of that money.
You can't have both.

What are the reasonable logistics of videoing EVERY classroom?

1). Cost
2). In another Post.

Here's a suggestion that is workable for all involved.

Cost.......Get private companies to donate all the cameras and all the costs that are involved. I would have ZERO problem with my class being recorded. It would backfire on the crowd that thinks that 'indoctrination' or 'grooming' is a regular occurrence.

You want taxpayers paying for this or do you want the tax dollars diverted to this at the expense of other uses of that money.
You can't have both.

I was talking about video classes during covid,,

also think about all the school board meetings where the board was making it as hard as possible for parents to talk and get info,,
FFS they tried to get the FBI to label parents as terrorist

the OP is about nation wide because of places like baltimore and so many others,,

it well known that home schooled kids do better at test scores and make better business people,,

Self-selection bias impacts those stats heavily. Homeschool kids are rarely required to take the college tests. Public schools often require it. My schools did.

Besides, homeschooled kids with qualified parents should do better because of more close interaction with their teachers.

also think about all the school board meetings where the board was making it as hard as possible for parents to talk and get info,,
FFS they tried to get the FBI to label parents as terrorist
So during Covid, while Students were at home, the following occurred.

1). I made a daily video, I taped EVERY lesson EVERY day, and then post that video on Google Classroom. Each Student had access to Google Classroom for each of their 6 daily classes. Every Teacher did this.

2). We were assigned daily Google Meet Times for each Class, the Principal assigned our Classroom Meet Times so as to NOT conflict with other teachers, and Students would access this, and I would teach the same lesson, in live video, to the students. It was similar to being in the classroom, but of course it wasn't exactly the same.

3). Assignments were assigned on Google Classroom, and students then submitted the work back into Google Classroom, to be graded.

4). Parents had access to all of this.

So during Covid, while Students were at home, the following occurred.

1). I made a daily video, I taped EVERY lesson EVERY day, and then post that video on Google Classroom. Each Student had access to Google Classroom for each of their 6 daily classes. Every Teacher did this.

2). We were assigned daily Google Meet Times for each Class, the Principal assigned our Classroom Meet Times so as to NOT conflict with other teachers, and Students would access this, and I would teach the same lesson, in live video, to the students. It was similar to being in the classroom, but of course it wasn't exactly the same.

3). Assignments were assigned on Google Classroom, and students then submitted the work back into Google Classroom, to be graded.

4). Parents had access to all of this.
WTF are you talking about???

go back and read what I said about what a teacher said about it,,

it wasnt about what you did or do,,

WTF are you talking about???

go back and read what I said about what a teacher said about it,,

it wasnt about what you did or do,,
I really didn't think you could be this obtuse.

Forum List

Back