House democrats introduce bill that would give Americans a $2000 dollar a month stipend

No practical solution? just more political negatives. we insist on sides being taken, politicians step up to the plate & each party dishes out what we want to hear, end result, very little of value go's to the best interests of the average working person

It’s a drastic measure, but who really knows how long this shutdown will last
After they have killed all the jobs where they gonna get the money from?

I’m assuming they’ll be printing and borrowing. It’s not a good situation, and I don’t think there are any simple, pain free solutions to this problem.
Sure there is. Stop violating people's rights and let them go to work.

There’s about 30k new cases of COVID cases popping up each day. That’s with extreme social distancing measures put in place. 1500-2000 people dying a day. If things go back to normal many more lives will be sacrificed. And most people don’t even want to work in conditions where their safety is in jeopardy
So they tell you.

In the past, I've repeatedly warned Rocko about 'they'......:dunno:.

I’m assuming they’ll be printing and borrowing. It’s not a good situation, and I don’t think there are any simple, pain free solutions to this problem.

Yes...there is....first.......open the economy back up...quarentine the old, and vulnerable, encourage people to put masks on...open up everything...

Second....vote out every single democrat from every office they hold...

That is a good start.....

The democrats want to crush the U.S. with their policies.......look up Cloward And Piven to see their plan.........

There’s about 30k new cases of COVID cases popping up each day. That’s with extreme social distancing measures put in place. 1500-2000 people dying a day. If things go back to normal many more lives will be sacrificed. And most people don’t even want to work in conditions where their safety is in jeopardy

Wrong, the models don't come close to showing that, and more researchers are pointing out that social distancing didn't do anything and was a waste of time.

Oh, I dunno, how about instead of spending several trillion dollars a week throwing around money and destroying our fiscal future by doing it, MAKE SOME MORE FREAKING PPE SO PEOPLE CAN PROTECT THEMSELVES PROPERLY AND BE ALLOWED TO EXCERCISE THEIR OWN DISCRETION ABOUT GETTING ON WITH THE REST OF THEIR FREAKING LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But I digress.

There are people working today. People who are producing paper products like toilet paper, people who produce all our food products, people who sell our food products, our medical personnel, our emergency forces, medical products like masks, ventilators, gloves, trucks to haul all these products around, all our utility workers............

So you take somebody that has one these or many other jobs, making about $50,000 a year. What good is this 2K a month going to do? The unemployed? The feds are going to pass out an extra $600.00 a week on top of the unemployment you get from your state. That starts on April 30th, and is retroactive to March 31st.

The better question is, where do we get this money from? I propose when this is all over, institute a consumption tax. Say ten cents on every dollar spent, until all the money we're spending on this virus is totally paid back.

You might be on to something. Truthfully I don’t know the perfect remedy, because something like this has never happened in my lifetime

We do, however know from history what these policies do....they destroy a country and lead to a powerful, violent government.......

Would you trust your healthcare decisions to someone who will become rich by your death?

Why would you trust the democrats who will increase their money, power and control if the United States goes into a Depression....?

Or maybe the social distancing simply isn't making any difference

Oh, I dunno, how about instead of spending several trillion dollars a week throwing around money and destroying our fiscal future by doing it, MAKE SOME MORE FREAKING PPE SO PEOPLE CAN PROTECT THEMSELVES PROPERLY AND BE ALLOWED TO EXCERCISE THEIR OWN DISCRETION ABOUT GETTING ON WITH THE REST OF THEIR FREAKING LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But I digress.

There are people working today. People who are producing paper products like toilet paper, people who produce all our food products, people who sell our food products, our medical personnel, our emergency forces, medical products like masks, ventilators, gloves, trucks to haul all these products around, all our utility workers............

So you take somebody that has one these or many other jobs, making about $50,000 a year. What good is this 2K a month going to do? The unemployed? The feds are going to pass out an extra $600.00 a week on top of the unemployment you get from your state. That starts on April 30th, and is retroactive to March 31st.

The better question is, where do we get this money from? I propose when this is all over, institute a consumption tax. Say ten cents on every dollar spent, until all the money we're spending on this virus is totally paid back.

You might be on to something. Truthfully I don’t know the perfect remedy, because something like this has never happened in my lifetime

We do, however know from history what these policies do....they destroy a country and lead to a powerful, violent government.......

Would you trust your healthcare decisions to someone who will become rich by your death?

Why would you trust the democrats who will increase their money, power and control if the United States goes into a Depression....?

It’s not that I trust democrats or government for that matter. I personally believe we’re in a bad situation and I don’t know what needs to be done to mitigate it and save the country at the same time.

Yes...there is....first.......open the economy back up...quarentine the old, and vulnerable, encourage people to put masks on...open up everything...

Second....vote out every single democrat from every office they hold...

That is a good start.....

The democrats want to crush the U.S. with their policies.......look up Cloward And Piven to see their plan.........

I'm old.
I have no problem being quarantined.
I've lived through some of the best of times our Country has had to offer!
Have at it, give it your best shot!

YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE!
GODSPEED!!

But I digress.

It’s not that I trust democrats or government for that matter. I personally believe we’re in a bad situation and I don’t know what needs to be done to mitigate it and save the country at the same time.

Easy....protect those vulnerable, open the economy, just like during flu season..........it really is that easy.....

As was pointed out by people paying attention......it started out......quarentine to flatten the curve so we don't over whelm the hospitals....

We did that...

Now?

Now they say, we can't open the economy because some people will still get sick and some will still die........

So....according to them, we can't open the economy....ever.....

Again....the democrats benefit from the U.S. economy going into a Depression.....there is no down side for them as a party....their leadership is protected from any damage......

Open the economy now.....

Last edited:

Researchers are now starting to think that is the case....which would mean this was all for nothing........

But I digress.

Here.... 8 reasons to just open the economy now....

But I digress.

Here...the article....

We have already flattened the curve
Social distancing works. We have gone from predictions of millions of deaths, to hundreds of thousands and now we are predicting about 60 thousand deaths. This is with the likely over reporting of death. Dr. Birx admitted the attribution of death to COVID-19 has been liberal. If the death count were limited to deaths directly caused by COVID-19, it would likely be even lower than this.
---

We have not saturated the health care system
1*KRc3ECJ_y3b8433j1OyNyw.png

---

Suicide may kill almost as many people as COVID-19 this year.

Children are at almost no risk from this disease.

The CDC estimates 37 to 187 children die every year, not from Covid-19, from the flu. This year we have lost 105 children from the flu. Yet, we have closed every school in America. Education is vitally important and a whole generation will miss a fourth of this school year. Closing schools also goes a long way towards limiting the development of herd immunity.

PPE was limited but is now becoming more available

But I digress.

Easy....protect those vulnerable, open the economy, just like during flu season..........it really is that easy.....

As was pointed out by people paying attention......it started out......quarentine to flatten the curve so we don't over whelm the hospitals....

We did that...

Now?

Now they say, we can't open the economy because some people will still get sick and some will still die........

So....according to them, we can't open the economy....ever.....

Again....the democrats benefit from the U.S. economy going into a Depression.....their is no down side for them as a party....their leadership is protected from any damage......

Open the economy now.....

We protect the old during flu season with vaccines. We don’t have that luxury here. And we can’t just leave old people to their own devices. Plus we have a lot of people walking around with preexisting conditions that make them vulnerable. Birx and Fauci have continued to tell us we can start opening up parts of our country once we see a consistent decline in people infected. We’ve started to flatten the curve, but we have seen the desired decline as of yet. We have to be careful to not waste the good work we put in. Believe me I’m just as frustrated with this as you are.

But I digress.
And a few million tests.

I dunno. Maybe the corporations could return all those tax refunds they spend on stock buybacks that Trump promised they'd spend on their employee wages or benefits. That tax could be used to pay for the medical treatment and sick time their bosses "couldn't afford" to give them.

As always, Americans don't care about people. They're worried about business. Without people there will be no businesses.

Impose more taxes on the people....
The Democrats are just trying to back door universal income. Tell them to fuck off.
Or as Rep Jim Clyburn carelessly admitted, Chinavirus presents Dems with a "tremendous opportunity to restructure things to fit our vision."

Dems are - as they so often prove - traitors ... every stinking one of 'em. Their "vision":

1586992251177.png

Last edited:

I dunno. Maybe the corporations could return all those tax refunds they spend on stock buybacks that Trump promised they'd spend on their employee wages or benefits. That tax could be used to pay for the medical treatment and sick time their bosses "couldn't afford" to give them.

As always, Americans don't care about people. They're worried about business. Without people there will be no businesses.
I never thought I would see anyone as vile and stupid as you appear to be. You really don't care if people are put out in the street and ruined do you?

Don't forsake your futures for the vulnerable!

Congratulations. You may as well start putting your elderly in the ovens. They're such a drag on business. Yet you oppose abortion.

And you didn't want government health care because they'd withhold care from the elderly.

Forum List

Back