House democrats introduce bill that would give Americans a $2000 dollar a month stipend

Don't forsake your futures for the vulnerable!

Congratulations. You may as well start putting your elderly in the ovens. They're such a drag on business. Yet you oppose abortion.

And you didn't want government health care because they'd withhold care from the elderly.
That's what you did in Germany, isn't it?

There’s about 30k new cases of COVID cases popping up each day. That’s with extreme social distancing measures put in place. 1500-2000 people dying a day. If things go back to normal many more lives will be sacrificed. And most people don’t even want to work in conditions where their safety is in jeopardy

Or maybe the social distancing simply isn't making any difference

It’s a drastic measure, but who really knows how long this shutdown will last
After they have killed all the jobs where they gonna get the money from?

I’m assuming they’ll be printing and borrowing. It’s not a good situation, and I don’t think there are any simple, pain free solutions to this problem.
Oh, I dunno, how about instead of spending several trillion dollars a week throwing around money and destroying our fiscal future by doing it, MAKE SOME MORE FREAKING PPE SO PEOPLE CAN PROTECT THEMSELVES PROPERLY AND BE ALLOWED TO EXCERCISE THEIR OWN DISCRETION ABOUT GETTING ON WITH THE REST OF THEIR FREAKING LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But I digress.

I’m assuming they’ll be printing and borrowing. It’s not a good situation, and I don’t think there are any simple, pain free solutions to this problem.
Sure there is. Stop violating people's rights and let them go to work.

There’s about 30k new cases of COVID cases popping up each day. That’s with extreme social distancing measures put in place. 1500-2000 people dying a day. If things go back to normal many more lives will be sacrificed. And most people don’t even want to work in conditions where their safety is in jeopardy

There are people working today. People who are producing paper products like toilet paper, people who produce all our food products, people who sell our food products, our medical personnel, our emergency forces, medical products like masks, ventilators, gloves, trucks to haul all these products around, all our utility workers............

So you take somebody that has one these or many other jobs, making about $50,000 a year. What good is this 2K a month going to do? The unemployed? The feds are going to pass out an extra $600.00 a week on top of the unemployment you get from your state. That starts on April 30th, and is retroactive to March 31st.

The better question is, where do we get this money from? I propose when this is all over, institute a consumption tax. Say ten cents on every dollar spent, until all the money we're spending on this virus is totally paid back.

You might be on to something. Truthfully I don’t know the perfect remedy, because something like this has never happened in my lifetime

We do, however know from history what these policies do....they destroy a country and lead to a powerful, violent government.......

Would you trust your healthcare decisions to someone who will become rich by your death?

Why would you trust the democrats who will increase their money, power and control if the United States goes into a Depression....?

It’s not that I trust democrats or government for that matter. I personally believe we’re in a bad situation and I don’t know what needs to be done to mitigate it and save the country at the same time.

Easy....protect those vulnerable, open the economy, just like during flu season..........it really is that easy.....

As was pointed out by people paying attention......it started out......quarentine to flatten the curve so we don't over whelm the hospitals....

We did that...

Now?

Now they say, we can't open the economy because some people will still get sick and some will still die........

So....according to them, we can't open the economy....ever.....

Again....the democrats benefit from the U.S. economy going into a Depression.....their is no down side for them as a party....their leadership is protected from any damage......

Open the economy now.....

We protect the old during flu season with vaccines. We don’t have that luxury here. And we can’t just leave old people to their own devices. Plus we have a lot of people walking around with preexisting conditions that make them vulnerable. Birx and Fauci have continued to tell us we can start opening up parts of our country once we see a consistent decline in people infected. We’ve started to flatten the curve, but we have seen the desired decline as of yet. We have to be careful to not waste the good work we put in. Believe me I’m just as frustrated with this as you are.

They also started by telling us 1-2 million Americans would die......

We aren't abandoning the old, we allow them to stay at home, while those with the 98% chance of surviving the virus if they get it keep the economy from going into a Great Depression.

How many old people will die when they can't pay for heat, food or rent because 30 million Americans are out of work for 5-10 years?

Congratulations. You may as well start putting your elderly in the ovens. They're such a drag on business. Yet you oppose abortion.

And you didn't want government health care because they'd withhold care from the elderly.

Umm. We've had Medicare for the elderly for many, many years now

Temper your rant please, and return to reality.
Thank you.

Oh, I dunno, how about instead of spending several trillion dollars a week throwing around money and destroying our fiscal future by doing it, MAKE SOME MORE FREAKING PPE SO PEOPLE CAN PROTECT THEMSELVES PROPERLY AND BE ALLOWED TO EXCERCISE THEIR OWN DISCRETION ABOUT GETTING ON WITH THE REST OF THEIR FREAKING LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But I digress.

There are people working today. People who are producing paper products like toilet paper, people who produce all our food products, people who sell our food products, our medical personnel, our emergency forces, medical products like masks, ventilators, gloves, trucks to haul all these products around, all our utility workers............

So you take somebody that has one these or many other jobs, making about $50,000 a year. What good is this 2K a month going to do? The unemployed? The feds are going to pass out an extra $600.00 a week on top of the unemployment you get from your state. That starts on April 30th, and is retroactive to March 31st.

The better question is, where do we get this money from? I propose when this is all over, institute a consumption tax. Say ten cents on every dollar spent, until all the money we're spending on this virus is totally paid back.

You might be on to something. Truthfully I don’t know the perfect remedy, because something like this has never happened in my lifetime

We do, however know from history what these policies do....they destroy a country and lead to a powerful, violent government.......

Would you trust your healthcare decisions to someone who will become rich by your death?

Why would you trust the democrats who will increase their money, power and control if the United States goes into a Depression....?

It’s not that I trust democrats or government for that matter. I personally believe we’re in a bad situation and I don’t know what needs to be done to mitigate it and save the country at the same time.

Easy....protect those vulnerable, open the economy, just like during flu season..........it really is that easy.....

As was pointed out by people paying attention......it started out......quarentine to flatten the curve so we don't over whelm the hospitals....

We did that...

Now?

Now they say, we can't open the economy because some people will still get sick and some will still die........

Again....the democrats benefit from the U.S. economy going into a Depression.....their is no down side for them as a party....their leadership is protected from any damage......

We protect the old during flu season with vaccines. We don’t have that luxury here. And we can’t just leave old people to their own devices. Plus we have a lot of people walking around with preexisting conditions that make them vulnerable. Birx and Fauci have continued to tell us we can start opening up parts of our country once we see a consistent decline in people infected. We’ve started to flatten the curve, but we have seen the desired decline as of yet. We have to be careful to not waste the good work we put in. Believe me I’m just as frustrated with this as you are.

They also started by telling us 1-2 million Americans would die......

We aren't abandoning the old, we allow them to stay at home, while those with the 98% chance of surviving the virus if they get it keep the economy from going into a Great Depression.

How many old people will die when they can't pay for heat, food or rent because 30 million Americans are out of work for 5-10 years?

She's selfish and has no idea how inter-generationally we are connected.

Congratulations. You may as well start putting your elderly in the ovens. They're such a drag on business. Yet you oppose abortion. And you didn't want government health care because they'd withhold care from the elderly.
"In the ovens," Drama Queen?

So you care nothing about those whose lives are ruined who will commit suicide, OD on drugs, or succumb to other health issues caused by stress? In your defense there isn't a single leftard who can see anything beyond the lame talking points he or she is directed to spew.

:fu:

I dunno. Maybe the corporations could return all those tax refunds they spend on stock buybacks that Trump promised they'd spend on their employee wages or benefits. That tax could be used to pay for the medical treatment and sick time their bosses "couldn't afford" to give them.

As always, Americans don't care about people. They're worried about business. Without people there will be no businesses.

Without business, there would be no people.

But I digress.

We did that...

Now?

The President spoke extensively on that subject. As he said yesterday, one cure for all will not work. Different areas have different levels of this problem. We can't hold up the entire country until your state catches up to everybody else, no more than we can open up your state because Montana is currently doing just fine.

But I digress.

We're doing things now, but it's not going to happen overnight. We have 340 million people in this country.

But I digress.

We did that...

Now?

The President spoke extensively on that subject. As he said yesterday, one cure for all will not work. Different areas have different levels of this problem. We can't hold up the entire country until your state catches up to everybody else, no more than we can open up your state because Montana is currently doing just fine.

I’m in agreement that not all states are affected equally, so different measures for different states. Bergen county New Jersey is getting hit very hard right now.

I dunno. Maybe the corporations could return all those tax refunds they spend on stock buybacks that Trump promised they'd spend on their employee wages or benefits. That tax could be used to pay for the medical treatment and sick time their bosses "couldn't afford" to give them.

As always, Americans don't care about people. They're worried about business. Without people there will be no businesses.

You have it backwards Ray. Business is an artificial construct created by people. It functions for and on behalf of people and without people, business ceases to exist. American is in the mess its in because Americans put business ahead of people. They put country ahead of people, and they have forgotten that without the American people, they have nothing.

A nation is only as great as it's people. American politics put business ahead of people, and that is why country is in trouble.

I would support it forever, in exchange for a portion of that stipend MUST be used toward health insurance and all other social programs GO TO FUCKING HELL!!!

My hero, Milton Friedman agrees.

Just stop and think about the arrogance of some people.

None of the RW Trombie fools who post here will tell you that they, personally, would stop working and sit on their ass if someone offered to pay their salary plus. No way! They’d say no and go to work because that is what productive people do.

But, they are absolutely certain that “those lazy kids” or “those negroes” or “those libs” are gonna take the money and play video games all day.

Fucking arrogant assholes.

Most well adjusted Americans prefer to work.
Even some Dimms....

Almost all sane, able bodied adult Americans prefer to work. Very few....so few that you cannot even tell me how many...refuse to work an available job and instead choose to live off of our tax dollars.

When you fuckers understand that fact, you will be PISSED at the assholes who convinced you otherwise.

At least in my state, if you made a livable wage, unemployment pays around 400 bucks a week. Factor in what the feds are handing out, that's a thousand bucks a week, which when taxes are figured in, like having a 60K a year job.

So if you are making 40K, and getting paid like a working person making 60K, why would you want to go back to work?

"Folks, when you pay people not to work, don't be too surprised when they don't"
Rush Limbaugh

Because that is the human condition. Humans want to be productive.

Liberals know this. RW nutbags don’t. It’s the key difference between us.

You can't be serious. Your average human would rather go to work for 40K a year than stay home and get paid a comparable 60K a year? Don't you believe it.

You have it backwards Ray. Business is an artificial construct created by people. It functions for and on behalf of people and without people, business ceases to exist. American is in the mess its in because Americans put business ahead of people. They put country ahead of people, and they have forgotten that without the American people, they have nothing.

A nation is only as great as it's people. American politics put business ahead of people, and that is why country is in trouble.

It has nothing to do with business. It has to do with China burying information, the WHO backing them, and a bunch of government agencies and bureaucracies so loaded with red tape it takes any one of them two hours to sign their name on a form.

Without businesses, we have nobody to make our goods, nobody to produce food, nobody to deliver those goods to us. Without business, few would have jobs or work which means few would have any money. Our country is supported by those businesses. After all, who are the first people we relied on to help treat this huge problem of ours? That's right, businesses. They are working 24/7 to make gowns, gloves, masks, ventilators. They are working tirelessly to produce vaccines and get them through the testing phases in order to get those products to the public. They are running experiments like drawing blood from recovered Covid patients to infuse that blood in those who are losing the battle trying to fight this thing.

None of the RW Trombie fools who post here will tell you that they, personally, would stop working and sit on their ass if someone offered to pay their salary plus. No way! They’d say no and go to work because that is what productive people do.

But, they are absolutely certain that “those lazy kids” or “those negroes” or “those libs” are gonna take the money and play video games all day.

Even some Dimms....

Almost all sane, able bodied adult Americans prefer to work. Very few....so few that you cannot even tell me how many...refuse to work an available job and instead choose to live off of our tax dollars.

When you fuckers understand that fact, you will be PISSED at the assholes who convinced you otherwise.

At least in my state, if you made a livable wage, unemployment pays around 400 bucks a week. Factor in what the feds are handing out, that's a thousand bucks a week, which when taxes are figured in, like having a 60K a year job.

So if you are making 40K, and getting paid like a working person making 60K, why would you want to go back to work?

"Folks, when you pay people not to work, don't be too surprised when they don't"
Rush Limbaugh

You can't be serious. Your average human would rather go to work for 40K a year than stay home and get paid a comparable 60K a year? Don't you believe it.

Would you take the 40k job or sit home and take 60k from your fellow citizens for doing nothing?

In the words of President Cal Coolidge, "After all, the chief business of the American people is business. They are profoundly concerned with buying, selling, investing and prospering in the world." That only means "Americans don't care about people" to mindless Canadian Dragonflies who desperately need to hate Americans.

It may as well be 2 million a month because our currency would soon become like Venezuela's, less valuable than ass wipe. Especially when asswipe is in such short supply as it is now.

I agree. Unfortunately we’re in a catch 22
Not really. There is never an adequate or justifiable excuse for debasing the nation currency and breaking the nations economy for good. Its political bullshit and crap like the fed should never have been allowed to come into being nor should we have this floating currency bullshit. It's only an insidious way to tax people on the sly and steal the nations personal wealth to buy votes for political assholes from assholes who have no business voting in the first damn place.

Even some Dimms....

Rush Limbaugh

Would you take the 40k job or sit home and take 60k from your fellow citizens for doing nothing?

I don't know anyone who sits home and takes money for doing nothing. That's basically what is going on now, and people are going crazy doing it. They are desperate to get out, and it's only been two weeks.

My neighbour gets 5 weeks paid vacation, and he almost never uses all the time. He says "What am I gonna do? Sit around all day?". He doesn't have a great job. He's outdoors in all weather, and it's hard physical work. But he'd rather go and do that than sit around getting paid to do nothing.

Canadian retirees have a guaranteed tax free income of $19,000 per year, plus free healthcare, no copays. Every retiree I know has a part time job. Or they're doing community service work - contributing to their communities.

Forum List

Back