How American gun deaths and gun laws compare to Canada's

SO people can't use their own guns to commit suicide if they want after all most of the 33K is suicides

It's none of you fucking business if someone wants to kill himself

actually, it sort of is, which is why we control the sale of poisons, block off access to places where people might want to jump from, and otherwise do things to discourage suicide.

Again, I love Libertarians Sponges who want to live off the civilization the rest of us create and don't want to contribute to it.

Actually sane people understand that it is unwise to fool around with an American's Constitutional rights.

sane people don't look at 33,000 gun deaths a year and think that's perfectly acceptable.

Sane people don't look at small children being wheeled out in body bags and their first thought is "you better not take my gun!!!"

SO people can't use their own guns to commit suicide if they want after all most of the 33K is suicides

well, we can argue the merits of terminating one's own life and the nature of state intervention. but the reality is that the state DOES intervene when someone is a danger to THEMSELVES or OTHERS.

[
You're the one who is afraid that guns in the hands of law-abiding citizens will be used to cause harm. Either this means that you have intentions which, if acted on, would give a law-abiding citizen just cause to shoot you, or else you're just plain paranoid.

You're the one living in fear who needs a firearm on the minuscule chance he might need it some day.

The Constitution is a living document. It can be changed...

And yet those who do not want to obey it as it currently stands, also don't want to go through the proper amendment process to change it to allow what they want.

...I won't even go into how you have nine politically appointed individuals who can interpret it as is their want....it's a flawed document in so many ways it's hard to know where to start...

Last edited:
Actually sane people understand that it is unwise to fool around with an American's Constitutional rights.

sane people don't look at 33,000 gun deaths a year and think that's perfectly acceptable.
The police were trying to do something about the illegal guns on the streets of NYC, but liberals put a stop to THAT program as soon as they saw thousands of illegal guns taken off the streets of NYC.
When is Obama going to prosecute the people that illegally try to obtain a gun by lying on federal form 4473?

Sane people don't look at small children being wheeled out in body bags and their first thought is "you better not take my gun!!!"

"SANE PEOPLE" wonder why those small children were not protected by armed guards. The way Obama and his family are protected, 24 hrs a day, by armed guards (secret service).
Why are almost all those mass-murders committed in "GUN-FREE-ZONES"?

The police were trying to do something about the illegal guns on the streets of NYC, but liberals put a stop to THAT program as soon as they saw thousands of illegal guns taken off the streets of NYC.
When is Obama going to prosecute the people that illegally try to obtain a gun by lying on federal form 4473?

"SANE PEOPLE" wonder why those small children were not protected by armed guards. The way Obama and his family are protected, 24 hrs a day, by armed guards (secret service).

again…you lie by omission…

2014… 8,124 gun murders

2013…. 21,000 gun suicides

2013 accidental gun deaths… 505

2013 accidental gun deaths of children … 69

Number of guns in private hands….. 2013: 320 million

Number of guns in private hands… 2015: 357 million

Number of people carrying guns for self defense in 2015: 13 million

Number of times citizens use guns to actually stop violent criminal attack and save lives…. 1.5 million ( according to bill clinton)

There the actual picture ….and if you include suicide, gun accidents and gun murder…not even close to the number of times guns are used to save people from violent criminal attack.

It is funny…..if they have a Dr. help them…then that is fine and dandy…. they DIY with a gun….all of a sudden the left has a hissy fit…...

actually, it sort of is, which is why we control the sale of poisons, block off access to places where people might want to jump from, and otherwise do things to discourage suicide.

Again, I love Libertarians Sponges who want to live off the civilization the rest of us create and don't want to contribute to it.

Funny how all of that stops no one who really wants to kill himself.

And it's the people who commit suicide that don't want to contribute anymore you should be happy to see them go

You're the one living in fear who needs a firearm on the minuscule chance he might need it some day.
If the threat of violent crime is so low that there is only a minuscule chance that I will ever need a gun to defend myself, how is there a sound argument for the necessity of more gun control?

[
You're the one who is afraid that guns in the hands of law-abiding citizens will be used to cause harm. Either this means that you have intentions which, if acted on, would give a law-abiding citizen just cause to shoot you, or else you're just plain paranoid.

Do you also think that there is also only a minuscule chance you will ever need a fire extinguisher or a seat belt or a parachute or a life jacket or sunscreen or an umbrella or hazard lights or road flares or air bags or life jackets? Do you also think there is more than a minuscule chance that I and my family really need you to make those evaluations for us? If so please feel free to piss off.

Do you also think that there is also only a minuscule chance you will ever need a fire extinguisher or a seat belt or a parachute or a life jacket or sunscreen or an umbrella or hazard lights or road flares or air bags or life jackets? Do you also think there is more than a minuscule chance that I and my family really need you to make those evaluations for us? If so please feel free to piss off.

There's a minuscule chance I might be killed in a car accident, but I don't drive a tank...You're using a sledgehammer to crack a walnut

At the end of the day I live in a country that is not awash with firearms and the lack of deaths (both suicides and homicide rates) via firearms reflect this. I can't help it if you live in a society where certain people believe their govt is out to get them therefore they need their peashooters. Or that they think that they might be the victim of a home invasion. The American obsession with guns is not only infantile, it's pathetic for a supposedly developed country.

There's a minuscule chance I might be killed in a car accident, but I don't drive a tank...You're using a sledgehammer to crack a walnut.

Sorry, I wasn't aware of which kind of nut you are.
Also sorry you live in a backwards country.

There's a minuscule chance I might be killed in a car accident, but I don't drive a tank...You're using a sledgehammer to crack a walnut

At the end of the day I live in a country that is not awash with firearms and the lack of deaths (both suicides and homicide rates) via firearms reflect this. I can't help it if you live in a society where certain people believe their govt is out to get them therefore they need their peashooters. Or that they think that they might be the victim of a home invasion. The American obsession with guns is not only infantile, it's pathetic for a supposedly developed country.

Tell that to the Europeans...they are now all buying guns because their governments have imported violent aliens into their cultures...........the news of Europeans buying guns is out there...go find it and you will see that the Europeans disagree with you.....

So let me get this straight. We need to spend money putting armed guards in schools because we've foolishly let crazy people get their hands on guns, hoping that they will have the presence of mind to respond to an "active shooter" incident. ((and, yes, that's what the police call these things now.)

Personally, I'd rather spend that money on teachers and books, not having to protect those kids from dangers that shouldn't exist in the first place.

Funny how all of that stops no one who really wants to kill himself.

And it's the people who commit suicide that don't want to contribute anymore you should be happy to see them go
Did Albert Einstein really say that?

Forum List

Back