How bad is life in the United States?

I'll never understand all of this anger, and "Save America" and "take our country back" nonsense. The people who involve themselves in this garbage have never shown that they have been subjected to anything any worse than the rest of us have. There have always been riots of various sorts back to the early days of this nation. There have been many assassinations, government-imposed gag-rules, bombings, and attacks on everything from houses of worship to medical clinics to bars. How have these people been more affected than anyone else?

No one needs to take anything back because we are a nation of almost 330 million folks, a nation that has never gone anywhere and does not need saving, much less saving by the likes of these morons.
The US is undergoing significant changes in social and maybe political shapes. The changes always scare people because alongside with opportunities they bring uncertainties and issues. One may like it or not, but the US will be much different in say 50 years on than it was 50 years back.

This has always been the case, and certainly has been the case in my lifetime. But most folks accept reality and the inevitability of change, and are not violent. These folks seem to have a great sense of entitlement. They are just spoiled.
Some people are just afraid that because of changing political landscape they will be underrepresented in official circles and their voice will be ignored.

Except of that, they are afraid that this change will abolish some principles the country was built on.

I'll never understand all of this anger, and "Save America" and "take our country back" nonsense. The people who involve themselves in this garbage have never shown that they have been subjected to anything any worse than the rest of us have. There have always been riots of various sorts back to the early days of this nation. There have been many assassinations, government-imposed gag-rules, bombings, and attacks on everything from houses of worship to medical clinics to bars. How have these people been more affected than anyone else?

No one needs to take anything back because we are a nation of almost 330 million folks, a nation that has never gone anywhere and does not need saving, much less saving by the likes of these morons.
Jobs being handed over to invaders and "The Best And Brightest" and sent overseas.

Just talking to people on this forum you might get the sense that things are pretty bad. People seem very angry and unsatisfied. Is that true though? Nobody really starves in the U.S other than freak situations. Most people can find some kind of employment and decent shelter. Are your lives really so bad that it justifies the anger in politics?
Politically, the US is deeply divided and heading in the wrong direction. Personally, my life here is great, minus the mask-ninnies.

Thanks to our biased and sensational media, many people from other countries think the USA is a cesspool of racist violence where it's not safe for black people to walk down the street. Obviously a huge exaggeration. I've only lynched three blacks today and hardly any at all last week. They're blowing it completely out of proportion.

I agree only three blacks shot at me today and one mexican, a good day from yesterday when 12 of my black slaves revolted

Thanks to our biased and sensational media, many people from other countries think the USA is a cesspool of racist violence where it's not safe for black people to walk down the street. Obviously a huge exaggeration. I've only lynched three blacks today and hardly any at all last week. They're blowing it completely out of proportion.

I've talked to Europeans that are afraid to come here.

I've talked to Europeans that are afraid to come here.

Yeah I talk to people from all over the world and the general consensus is that daily life in America is fraught with mass shootings, racism, and political violence. A place where gays and muslims are oppressed by a right-wing fundamentalist christian totalitarian state. It's irritating to hear people from literal shithole countries like India talk about the US that way.

Some people are just afraid that because of changing political landscape they will be underrepresented in official circles and their voice will be ignored.

Except of that, they are afraid that this change will abolish some principles the country was built on.
I second this. In my opinion, too many people have failed to consider how things are going where the rest of the planet is concerned. Maybe it they did that, they would then grow to appreciate the safety nets that are still intact here in the states.

God bless you and everyone who has taken any kind of nosedive always!!!

Holly

I second this. In my opinion, too many people have failed to consider how things are going where the rest of the planet is concerned. Maybe it they did that, they would then grow to appreciate the safety nets that are still intact here in the states.

God bless you and everyone who has taken any kind of nosedive always!!!

Holly
Sorry, I dont understand. What do you mean? What safety nets?

I'll never understand all of this anger,

Then stop dispensing such heaping gobs of it with all your "orange whore" childish nonsense.

Try talking about actual issues like an adult, instead.

I did. I'll say it again, as I did in post #16, these people have never shown that they have suffered more or been deprived of more than any of the rest of us. Their complaints seem to center around the fact that they think that they are entitled to more than the rest of us and are angry and stomp their feet like toddlers because they think that the rest of us should kowtow to their every desire. They aren't able to get along with their fellow Americans. The "orange whore" was all that I could think of to belittle the most despicable, immoral, criminal creature that has ever occupied the Oval Office.

Not bad but would be better if we weren't all of the sudden so easily offended.

Sometimes it seems like people enjoy being toxic and angry.
Nope. People are just too easily offended.
A bit of both.

Common decency? RIP.
yeah you dems set that stage over the last 4 yrs,,,
It's funny how you Repubs have a memory that only extends 4 years.

Not bad but would be better if we weren't all of the sudden so easily offended.

Sometimes it seems like people enjoy being toxic and angry.
Nope. People are just too easily offended.
A bit of both.

Common decency? RIP.
Define common decency. I believe it is still very strong in America.

Do you?

I see things said (in the name of "it's free speech so I can" ) publicly, that would have caused unified public condemnation at one time. Same with behavior.

Even my neighbor shocked me once, when he referred to the "****** in the White House".

I'm not saying everyone, but enough people to change what we used to consider ok and not ok in public behavior. I'll add to that, attitude towards teachers, teaching children that free speech is more important than good manners.

Forum List

Back