How Black Were the Moors?

I will happy to correct your misguided understanding of history but not in this thread. Like I said start another thread and post the link or i will report your ass for attempting to derail the thread. Does that make sense?

I addressed the merits of the thread and gave an explanation of why people hold this topic so dear to them combined with an explanation of why they are wrong. You responded to it. Indeed, the Moors were both black and Arab. I not only agreed with you but I explained why this is the case. If you disagree then you disagree with your own premise. I cannot help it if you object to the manner of which I agree with you.

Asslickias is on this kick lately to declare that everything of value in the history of the world only ever came from black people in Africa. There is no end to how ridiculous he is willing to make himself look over this fetish of his. I think the unrepentant white racists around here just snapped his mind and turned him all Harvey Dent.

Thats your fear talking Unk. Thats what I mean by making some white people antsy. It doesn't make Black people better it just makes them first to establish the foundation of science and education. You are free to submit evidence to the contrary on another thread as well. My guess is you will deflect like you always do wussy.

I will happy to correct your misguided understanding of history but not in this thread. Like I said start another thread and post the link or i will report your ass for attempting to derail the thread. Does that make sense?

I addressed the merits of the thread and gave an explanation of why people hold this topic so dear to them combined with an explanation of why they are wrong. You responded to it. Indeed, the Moors were both black and Arab. I not only agreed with you but I explained why this is the case. If you disagree then you disagree with your own premise. I cannot help it if you object to the manner of which I agree with you.

Thank you for your opinion on why this subject is so dear to me. I understand why some white people get all antsy about it as well. Its disturbing for them. My point is if you want to learn something about the history of Africa free of white washing then start another thread. I will be happy to school you.

Why should white people get so antsy about the most impoverished continent in the world?

Asslickias is on this kick lately to declare that everything of value in the history of the world only ever came from black people in Africa. There is no end to how ridiculous he is willing to make himself look over this fetish of his. I think the unrepentant white racists around here just snapped his mind and turned him all Harvey Dent.

Thats your fear talking Unk. Thats what I mean by making some white people antsy. It doesn't make Black people better it just makes them first to establish the foundation of science and education. You are free to submit evidence to the contrary on another thread as well. My guess is you will deflect like you always do wussy.

First to establish the foundation of science and education? Please tell me your not making the lame University of Timbuktu argument.

Thank you for your opinion on why this subject is so dear to me. I understand why some white people get all antsy about it as well. Its disturbing for them. My point is if you want to learn something about the history of Africa free of white washing then start another thread. I will be happy to school you.

Why should white people get so antsy about the most impoverished continent in the world?

Because it bothers them that something is not right when this supposedly impoverished continent is the one that brought Europe out of the dark ages and promoted bathing again amongst European royalty.

First to establish the foundation of science and education? Please tell me your not making the lame University of Timbuktu argument.

Even before that but again lets stay on topic.

Because it bothers them that something is not right when this supposedly impoverished continent is the one that brought Europe out of the dark ages and promoted bathing again amongst European royalty.

The most advanced civilizations got that way from trade and intercultural exchange. It is not surprising that Arabs had an effect of Europe just as they did in North Africa. Indeed, any nation of repute had well established trade with other civilizations. However, the North African experience is not an African one. It's an Arab one. Indeed, North Africa had been conquered by the Arabs, Romans, Greeks, and the list goes on, and on, and on. There is no originally African power that was not conquered by outsiders, and thereby, stripped of their non progressive culture as to make way for the forced advancement that was bestowed upon them. There were in fact parts of Africa that had not discovered the wheel before 19th century colonization. In modern times, there is not a scrap of African soil that wasn't conquered and colonized. Could you image where Africa would be today without colonization? In any case, why does all this matter to you? You believe in innate ideas?

Last edited:

Thats [sic] your fear talking Unk.

Blah, blah, blah, blahdy-blah.......ZZZzzzzzzzzzz........

Save yourself some time, Elijia Muhammed, and just point to a page and a paragraph in your manifesto then move on. Your act is too fucking old, Tank. Wait, you are Tank, aren't you? So hard to tell you apart because YOU'RE EXACTLY THE FUCKING SAME. You're a fucking mental case.

The most advanced civilizations got that way from trade and intercultural exchange. It is not surprising that Arabs had an effect of Europe just as they did in North Africa. Indeed, any nation of repute had well established trade with other civilizations. However, the North African experience is not an African one. It's an Arab one. Indeed, North Africa had been conquered by the Arabs, Romans, Greeks, and the list goes on, and on, and on. There is no originally African power that was not conquered by outsiders, and thereby, stripped of their non progressive culture as to make way for the forced advancement that was bestowed upon them. There were in fact parts of Africa that had not discovered the wheel before 19th century colonization. In modern times, there is not a scrap of African soil that wasn't conquered and colonized. Could you image where Africa would be today without colonization? In any case, why does all this matter to you? You believe in innate ideas?

You are correct about intercultural exchange however before what we will call white Arabs existed the exchanges were between different Black cultures. Before any whites existed there were only Black cultures. Thats why the "Greek miracle" was not actually a miracle. They learned from the Egyptians. The original Arabs were Black people before they begin to mix with other ethnicities and some still exist to this day. You mentioned the university of Sankore. It was a renowned university at the time. if it was due to white Arab influence why would they build it far away in Timbuktu instead of where they came from?

You are correct about intercultural exchange however before what we will call white Arabs existed the exchanges were between different Black cultures. Before any whites existed there were only Black cultures. Thats why the "Greek miracle" was not actually a miracle. They learned from the Egyptians. The original Arabs were Black people before they begin to mix with other ethnicities and some still exist to this day. You mentioned the university of Sankore. It was a renowned university at the time. if it was due to white Arab influence why would they build it far away in Timbuktu instead of where they came from?

Dr. Yakub, Dr. Yakub...paging Dr. Yakub...

...:rolleyes:

For an advanced civilization of their day they sure got their tales kicked by the Greeks. Nevertheless, Sankore is a Muslim madrassa. They wrote and spoke Arabic, studied the Koran, and all of the influences that brought that knowledge derived from the Arab Conquest of the Maghreb. Please don't tell me a Muslim University popped up from the middle of nowhere with no Muslim/Arab influences.

Behold, the advancement of modern African Civilization

Last edited by a moderator:

For an advanced civilization of their day they sure got their tales kicked by the Greeks. Nevertheless, Sankore is a Muslim madrassa. They wrote and spoke Arabic, studied the Koran, and all of the influences that brought that knowledge derived from the Arab Conquest of the Maghreb. Please don't tell me a Muslim University popped up from the middle of nowhere with no Muslim/Arab influences.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbkSRLYSojo]Hans Rosling's 200 Countries, 200 Years, 4 Minutes - The Joy of Stats - BBC Four - YouTube[/ame]

I see you are clueless. They got the tails kicked by the Romans not the Greeks. Typical of white men you equate violence and military might with being advanced. SMH :lol: Islam is a religion not a race. Africans practiced both Christianity and Islam among many religions. That doesn't lessen anything they built. Thats like saying because I may be Catholic I cant add 2 and 2 until I become baptist. That's a puerile assumption on your part. Come with some proof not supposition. Again tell me why the prestigious University of Sankore was built in backwoods Timbuktu instead of someplace where white Arabs could take the credit?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbkSRLYSojo]Hans Rosling's 200 Countries, 200 Years, 4 Minutes - The Joy of Stats - BBC Four - YouTube[/ame]

I see you are clueless. They got the tails kicked by the Romans not the Greeks. Typical of white men you equate violence and military might with being advanced. SMH :lol: Islam is a religion not a race. Africans practiced both Christianity and Islam among many religions. That doesn't lessen anything they built. Thats like saying because I may be Catholic I cant add 2 and 2 until I become baptist. That's a puerile assumption on your part. Come with some proof not supposition. Again tell me why the prestigious University of Sankore was built in backwoods Timbuktu instead of someplace where white Arabs could take the credit?

Sure Islam is a religion. It is also a culture as well. The Islamic/Arab Invasions advanced Northern Africa more so than any native event. All technological advancement came from black North Africa being forced away from their weak culture as to adopt the working model of the more dominant culture. You would do yourself justice by following their lead. You ever ask an Arab born and raised in North Africa if he is African? What does he tell you? No matter where you look in Africa the black culture that was there before the Arabs, the French, British, have all adopted the culture of their colonizers. It is certainly natural to abandon a sinking ship. Uh, that is ,if your civilization is advanced enough to build a sea fairing boat.

How much of a difference did the Arab invasion make? Compare North Africa by the 1700's to Sub Saharan Africa. Yes, it made that much of a difference.

No the Greeks didn't take over the whole of North Africa. they took the only part that mattered at the time.

Alexander the Great - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"When Alexander destroyed Tyre, most of the towns on the route to Egypt quickly capitulated, with the exception of Gaza. The stronghold at Gaza was heavily fortified and built on a hill, requiring a siege. Alexander came upon the city only to be met with a surprising resistance and fortification. When ‘his engineers pointed out to him that because of the height of the mound it would be impossible… this encouraged Alexander all the more to make the attempt’ . The divine right that Alexander believed he had gave him confidence of a miracle occurring.[80] After three unsuccessful assaults, the stronghold fell, but not before Alexander had received a serious shoulder wound. As in Tyre, men of military age were put to the sword and the women and children sold into slavery.[81]

Jerusalem instead opened its gates in surrender, and according to Josephus, Alexander was shown the Book of Daniel's prophecy, presumably chapter 8, which described a mighty Greek king who would conquer the Persian Empire. He spared Jerusalem and pushed south into Egypt.[82]

Alexander advanced on Egypt in later 332 BC, where he was regarded as a liberator.[83] He was pronounced the new "master of the Universe" and son of the deity of Amun at the Oracle of Siwa Oasis in the Libyan desert.[84] Henceforth, Alexander often referred to Zeus-Ammon as his true father, and subsequent currency depicted him adorned with rams horn as a symbol of his divinity.[85] During his stay in Egypt, he founded Alexandria-by-Egypt, which would become the prosperous capital of the Ptolemaic Kingdom after his death.[86]"

Last edited:

Hans Rosling's 200 Countries, 200 Years, 4 Minutes - The Joy of Stats - BBC Four - YouTube

Sure Islam is a religion. It is also a culture as well. The Islamic/Arab Invasions advanced Northern Africa more so than any native event. All technological advancement came from black North Africa being forced away from their weak culture as to adopt the working model of the more dominant culture. You would do yourself justice by following their lead. You ever ask an Arab born and raised in North Africa if he is African? What does he tell you? No matter where you look in Africa the black culture that was there before the Arabs, the French, British, have all adopted the culture of their colonizers. It is certainly natural to abandon a sinking ship. Uh, that is ,if your civilization is advanced enough to build a sea fairing boat.

How much of a difference did the Arab invasion make? Compare North Africa by the 1700's to Sub Saharan Africa. Yes, it made that much of a difference.

No the Greeks didn't take over the whole of North Africa. they took the only part that mattered at the time.

"When Alexander destroyed Tyre, most of the towns on the route to Egypt quickly capitulated, with the exception of Gaza. The stronghold at Gaza was heavily fortified and built on a hill, requiring a siege. Alexander came upon the city only to be met with a surprising resistance and fortification. When ‘his engineers pointed out to him that because of the height of the mound it would be impossible… this encouraged Alexander all the more to make the attempt’ . The divine right that Alexander believed he had gave him confidence of a miracle occurring.[80] After three unsuccessful assaults, the stronghold fell, but not before Alexander had received a serious shoulder wound. As in Tyre, men of military age were put to the sword and the women and children sold into slavery.[81]

Jerusalem instead opened its gates in surrender, and according to Josephus, Alexander was shown the Book of Daniel's prophecy, presumably chapter 8, which described a mighty Greek king who would conquer the Persian Empire. He spared Jerusalem and pushed south into Egypt.[82]

Alexander advanced on Egypt in later 332 BC, where he was regarded as a liberator.[83] He was pronounced the new "master of the Universe" and son of the deity of Amun at the Oracle of Siwa Oasis in the Libyan desert.[84] Henceforth, Alexander often referred to Zeus-Ammon as his true father, and subsequent currency depicted him adorned with rams horn as a symbol of his divinity.[85] During his stay in Egypt, he founded Alexandria-by-Egypt, which would become the prosperous capital of the Ptolemaic Kingdom after his death.[86]"

You're confused, amusing, and a typical mover of the goal posts :lol: You are running with the typical white denial playbook so far. Carry on. Islam is not a culture its a religion. Thats why there are Christians, Hindus, and other religions in Islamic countries that practice middle easter customs. Regardless you are amusing with your skipping around once your points have been demolished. The point you were showed up on is explaining why they built one of the most prestigious universities in the ancient world in Timbuktu if it was due Islamic influence. You whiffed. Alexander did not conquer Kemet until long after the foundation of knowledge was established and Greek historians, scientist, philosophers etc had studied there which coincidentally housed the site of another great center of learning. That makes 2 sites in Africa that beg the question. Why in the world would white people, Arabs, or any other foreign invader build these prestigious sites away from their strong holds and capitals? I'll let you chew on that for awhile. :lol:

Last edited:

You're confused, amusing, and a typical mover of the goal posts :lol: You are running with the typical white denial playbook so far. Carry on. Islam is not a culture its a religion. Thats why there are Christians, Hindus, and other religions in Islamic countries that practice middle easter customs. Regardless you are amusing with your skipping around once your points have been demolished. The point you were showed up on is explaining why they built one of the most prestigious universities in the ancient world in Timbuktu if it was due Islamic influence. You whiffed. Alexander did not conquer Kemet until long after the foundation of knowledge was established and Greek historians, scientist, philosophers etc had studied there which coincidentally housed the site of another great center of learning. That makes 2 sites in Africa that beg the question. Why in the world would white people, Arabs, or any other foreign invader build these prestigious sites away from their strong holds and capitals? I'll let you chew on that for awhile. :lol:

Generally, when one feels that laughing emoticons make their point for them, they are trying to portray an image of an emotion that doesn't exist behind the keyboard. Have you ever seen someone make a fake laugh, roll their eyes, or make a childish yawn as to grant themselves self comfort in a losing argument? They are indeed subconscious self comforting jesters when your back is against the wall but you don't want everyone to understand that from your body language. Emoticons accomplish the same effect in a forum. As does the first sentence of your previous post above.

In any case the University of Timbuktu was made from three madrassas, they spoke Arabic, they wrote Arabic, they studied the Quran, and they prayed toward Mecca. They fully adopted Arab culture, Arabic language, Arabic writing, and Islam because their culture was a failure and it had to be adapted if they were to remain relevant. In fact, they also made pilgrimages to Mecca as did their King.

No African invented this writing
Timbuktu-manuscripts-010.jpg

Last edited:

Generally, when one feels that laughing emoticons make their point for them, they are trying to portray an image of an emotion that doesn't exist behind the keyboard. Have you ever seen someone make a fake laugh, roll their eyes, or make a childish yawn as to grant themselves self comfort in a losing argument? They are indeed subconscious self comforting jesters when your back is against the wall but you don't want everyone to understand that from your body language. Emoticons accomplish the same effect in a forum. As does the first sentence of your previous post above.

In any case the University of Timbuktu was made from three madrassas, they spoke Arabic, they wrote Arabic, they studied the Quran, and they prayed toward Mecca. They fully adopted Arab culture, Arabic language, Arabic writing, and Islam because their culture was a failure and it had to be adapted if they were to remain relevant. In fact, they also made pilgrimages to Mecca as did their King.

You must be tired of all the physical exertion from moving the goal posts tonight. You should really take a rest. :lol:

When did we move to writing scripts? Glad you brought them up though. Egyptians and the Mande had writing scripts they invented off the top of my head. However, lets clear up your point you are trying your best to avoid. Why in the world would white people, Arabs, or any other foreign invader build these prestigious sites away from their strong holds and capitals? I'll let you chew on that for awhile. :lol:

You must be tired of all the physical exertion from moving the goal posts tonight. You should really take a rest. :lol:

When did we move to writing scripts? Glad you brought them up though. Egyptians and the Mande had writing scripts they invented off the top of my head. However, lets clear up your point you are trying your best to avoid. Why in the world would white people, Arabs, or any other foreign invader build these prestigious sites away from their strong holds and capitals? I'll let you chew on that for awhile. :lol:

I've already answered that question. Black Africans built them after they dumped their culture as to adopt a successful one. The same one that ran clear across North Africa like a hot knife through butter. The reason the Arabs didn't go too far below the Sahara was the same reason Sub-Saharan Africa was inaccessible to the west before the invention of quinine. Either way, black culture had to be destroyed or converted before they could advance. North African culture was destroyed. North Western African culture converted.

I've already answered that question. Black Africans built them after they dumped their culture as to adopt a successful one. The same one that ran clear across North Africa like a hot knife through butter. The reason the Arabs didn't go too far below the Sahara was the same reason Sub-Saharan Africa was inaccessible to the west before the invention of quinine. Either way, black culture had to be destroyed or converted before they could advance. North African culture was destroyed. North Western African culture converted.

Sorry guy. The Egyptians and the people of West African never lost their culture. I already explained to you that culture and religion were 2 separate things. You can pretend they are the same but we all know the truth. The people of Kush also never lost their culture nor some of the more ancient kingdoms in central and South Africa. Your lack of knowledge is astounding for someone that started off with so much promise. Ever heard of the Dogon that had continuously tracked Sirius B orbit before Europeans even knew about Sirius A? There is ancient knowledge in Africa your people have no clue about. As more of it is unearthed people like you will be forced to put on your working gloves permanently because moving goal post so much in the name of white denial gives you blisters I understand.

Sorry guy. The Egyptians and the people of West African never lost their culture. I already explained to you that culture and religion were 2 separate things. You can pretend they are the same but we all know the truth. The people of Kush also never lost their culture nor some of the more ancient kingdoms in central and South Africa. Your lack of knowledge is astounding for someone that started off with so much promise. Ever heard of the Dogon that had continuously tracked Sirius B orbit before Europeans even knew about Sirius A? There is ancient knowledge in Africa your people have no clue about. As more of it is unearthed people like you will be forced to put on your working gloves permanently because moving goal post so much in the name of white denial gives you blisters I understand.

Africa is the "Dark continent" for a reason. There lack of history is largely lost due to the lack of ability to record their own history. North Africa is the exception. Why? because everyone and their mothers had conquered North Africa at one time or another. The Kingdoms of Central Africa thrived by adopting Islam, culture, and technology from the dominant Arab culture. That's why their kings made pilgrimages to Mecca. Indeed, the Arabs had a hard time going south of the Sahara because it was a graveyard for nonlocals due to malaria. They established trade nonetheless, from gold, to salt, to the Saharan Slave trade. At no time since Egypt did any place in Africa have a dominant world culture that others were attempting to emulate. In fact, Arab culture and African culture are two separate things, and African culture lost out due to the fact that they were irrelevant and contributed nothing to the advancement of man. As I said before, there were parts of Africa that had not invented the wheel by 1800. African cultures absent of Arab influence couldn't even invent a wooden sea faring vessel by the time the western world was operating steel vessels on steam and coal. Indeed, what made Africa a target of slave labor was the fact that they were weak and easily manipulated. The same goes for why the west had an easy time colonizing Africa after the invention of quinine.

Religions don't create cultures and cultures don't create religions you say? Every religion promotes a culture and every culture promotes a religion. Africans advanced themselves via two methods. 1: They were conquered by a more advanced culture. 2: They imitated the advanced culture.

719px-Caliphate_750.jpg

Last edited:

Fella, you have been smoked more thoroughly than a Memphis Hog. Major Kudos to [MENTION=27496]Publius1787[/MENTION] for having far more patience than I ever could to hand you your limp head on a platter with a side of facts.

You really ought to learn when to tap-out, and also realize the laughing emoticons are a tell of the total opposite as Publius also demonstrated quite handsomely.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back