How can there ever be peace here?

Sure I can read a map. Do you have a 1948 map of Israel?

Do you need that to see that Germany lost land seized in a war?

No but since this is the Israel and Palestine board I think it would be more on topic.

There is no palestine. The Romans invented palestine to call Israel during the Roman Empire that ended 1500 years ago.

Does Italy own Israel? :badgrin:

Biblical Historian and Scholar Dr. Paula Fredriksen, Professor of Religion, Boston University; Ph.D, History of Religion, Princeton University; Diploma in Theology, Oxford University
The Judean revolt against Rome was led by [Jewish rebel] Bar Kochba in 132-135 CE. The immediate causes of this rebellion are obscure. Its result was not: [Roman Emperor] Hadrian crushed the revolt and banned Jews from Judea.

The Romans now designated this territory by a political neologism, "Palestine" [a Latin form of "Philistine"], in a deliberate effort to denationalize Jewish/Judean territory. And, finally, Hadrian eradicated Jewish Jerusalem, erecting upon its ruins a new pagan city, Aelia Capitolina.
Jesus of Nazareth, King of the Jews by Paula Fredriksen - Book - Random House

PBS...
In 70 AD, after a siege marked by starvation and terror crucifixions, the Roman army broke through the walls of Jerusalem. Not only did they kill thousands of Jews, they laid waste to the Temple, the only place on Earth, according to Biblical law, where Jews could worship God.

It was the death of the religion of Priests and sacrifices described by the Hebrew Bible. But, it would not be the death of Judaism. In the years ahead, some of the greatest religious minds in history would struggle to reinvent the religion of Moses and David.

But, the Jews would be forced to work during a period of almost inconceivable bloodshed and turmoil. They would watch their people be expelled from Jerusalem on pain of death and see the name of their homeland changed from Judea to Palestine
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLypbbijk2I&feature=relmfu]The Gifts of the Jews - YouTube[/ame]

Augustine and the Jews: A Christian Defense of Jews and Judaism - Paula Fredriksen - Google Books

PBS...
In 70 AD, after a siege marked by starvation and terror crucifixions, the Roman army broke through the walls of Jerusalem. Not only did they kill thousands of Jews, they laid waste to the Temple, the only place on Earth, according to Biblical law, where Jews could worship God.

It was the death of the religion of Priests and sacrifices described by the Hebrew Bible. But, it would not be the death of Judaism. In the years ahead, some of the greatest religious minds in history would struggle to reinvent the religion of Moses and David.

But, the Jews would be forced to work during a period of almost inconceivable bloodshed and turmoil. They would watch their people be expelled from Jerusalem on pain of death and see the name of their homeland changed from Judea to Palestine
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLypbbijk2I&feature=relmfu]The Gifts of the Jews - YouTube[/ame]

What is it about a lasting peace in the Middle East that so bothers you? Tell us Ima, it not true that Jordan's Black September resulted in a lasting peace from Palestinians? And have you EVER heard of a single Palestinian complaint about Jordan's Black September? When will those Zionists in Israel ever learn?

Jordan is the smartest player in all of the Middle East. They refused Israel's offer to return the West Bank back to them so they could sacrifice this piece of land to dump their Palestinians on Israel to deal with. Then in July of 1970 king Hussein gives his remaining Palestinians Black September to establish a lasting peace from them. Then in June, 1993 king Abdullah marries the most gorgeous Palestinian woman & refuses to grant any right of return to all the rest of them. And now Jordan has open borders with Israel so Israeli's & tourists to Israel can visit & spend their money in Jordan to bolster Jordan's economy. No doubt about it, Jordan is the smartest player in all of the Middle East.

Jordan is the Uncle Tom of the muslim world.

I sais "Jordan is the Uncle Tom of the muslim world." Where did I mention "lasting peace"? You're tiptoeing close to JewStone territory, be careful.

What is it about a lasting peace in the Middle East that so bothers you? Tell us Ima, it not true that Jordan's Black September resulted in a lasting peace from Palestinians? And have you EVER heard of a single Palestinian complaint about Jordan's Black September? When will those Zionists in Israel ever learn?

I sais "Jordan is the Uncle Tom of the muslim world." Where did I mention "lasting peace"? You're tiptoeing close to JewStone territory, be careful.

Tinhead Jr. has zero rep points :clap2:

IMA Dunce And Tinhead: Dumb and Dumber

Last edited by a moderator:
So then, do you deny that Jordan's Black September resulted in a lasting peace from Palestinians?

So then, do you deny that Jordan's Black September resulted in a lasting peace from Palestinians?

Pallies never said that Jordan ripped them off.

BINGO! Finally Ima gets it. Exactly my point. Never has there been a single known Palestinian complaint about Jordan's Black September. When will Israel ever learn from king Hussein how to deal with Palestinians to achieve a lasting peace?

BINGO! Finally Ima gets it. Exactly my point. Never has there been a single known Palestinian complaint about Jordan's Black September. When will Israel ever learn from king Hussein how to deal with Palestinians to achieve a lasting peace?
So how many should the Israelis kill?

Quran 9:111: Verily, Allâh has purchased of the believers their lives and their properties; for the price that theirs shall be the Paradise. They fight in Allâh's Cause, so they kill (others) and are killed. Then rejoice in the bargain which you have concluded. That is the supreme success.

:blowup: :blowup: :blowup:

If I were prime minister of Israel, here is what I would do. First I would invite all leaders of Hamas to peace negotiations. I would then welcome them, thank them for attending & lavish them with fine housing, food & beverages during this historic event. After all, they are the duly elected government of the Palestinian people themselves. How can any peace negotiations even begin by just ignoring them as a terrorist organization?

Then before any negotiations take place I would just say that I would just like to make an annoncement --- From now on, each time you kill an Israeli, Israel will retaliate by killing 10,000 Palestinians. And then open up the peace talks.

So you see Ima, how many Palestinians Israel would have to kill for peace, is up to Hamas. Seriously, what could be more fair & ethical than that?

If I were prime minister of Israel, here is what I would do. First I would invite all leaders of Hamas to peace negotiations. I would then welcome them, thank them for attending & lavish them with fine housing, food & beverages during this historic event. After all, they are the duly elected government of the Palestinian people themselves. How can any peace negotiations even begin by just ignoring them as a terrorist organization?

Then before any negotiations take place I would just say that I would just like to make an annoncement --- From now on, each time you kill an Israeli, Israel will retaliate by killing 10,000 Palestinians. And then open up the peace talks.

So you see Ima, how many Palestinians Israel would have to kill for peace, is up to Hamas. Seriously, what could be more fair & ethical than that?

Israel will retaliate by killing 10,000 Palestinians.

Of course that would be illegal. Israel paid heavily for killing "only" a thousand civilians in cast lead. Every time Israel does something stupid it loses legitimacy on the world stage.

Of course that would be illegal. Israel paid heavily for killing "only" a thousand civilians in cast lead. Every time Israel does something stupid it loses legitimacy on the world stage.

"Rep System Guidelines: Our reputation system is designed to provide a feedback and credibility mechanism."

P F Tinmore Rep Power: 0
"PF Tinmore is off the scale"

Wall Street Journal: Where Tech Keeps Booming, In Israel, a Clustering of Talent, Research Universities and Venture Capital...

"Google, Cisco, Microsoft, Intel, eBay . . . ," says one of eBay's executives. "The best-kept secret is that we all live and die by the work of our Israeli teams."

There are more new innovative ideas coming out of Israel than there are out in Silicon Valley right now. And it doesn't slow during economic downturns." The authors of "Start-Up Nation," Dan Senor and Saul Singer, are quoting an executive at British Telecom, but they could just as easily be quoting an executive at Intel, which last year opened a $3.5 billion factory in Kiryat Gat, an hour south of Tel Aviv, to make sophisticated 45-nanometer chips; or Warren Buffett, who in 2006 paid $4 billion for four-fifths of an Israeli firm that makes high-tech cutting tools for cars and planes; or John Chambers, Cisco's chief executive, who has bought nine Israeli start-ups; or Steve Ballmer, who calls Microsoft "as much an Israeli company as an American company" because of the importance of its Israeli technologists. "Google, Cisco, Microsoft, Intel, eBay . . . ," says one of eBay's executives. "The best-kept secret is that we all live and die by the work of our Israeli teams."

Israel is the world's techno-nation. Civilian research-and-development expenditures run 4.5% of the gross domestic product—half-again the level of the U.S., Germany or South Korea—and venture-capital investment per capita is 2½ times that of the U.S. and six times that of the United Kingdom. Even in absolute terms, Israel has only the U.S.—with more than 40 times the population—as a challenger.

Israel—a country of just 7.1 million people—attracted close to $2 billion in venture capital in 2008, as much as flowed to the U.K.'s 61 million citizens or the 145 million people living in Germany and France combined." At the start of 2009, some 63 Israeli companies were listed on the Nasdaq, more than those of any other foreign country. Among the Israeli firms: Teva Pharmaceuticals, the world's largest generic drug maker, with a market cap of $48 billion; and Check Point Software Technologies, with a market cap of $7 billion.
Book Review: "Start-Up Nation" - WSJ.com

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfnC0vDx048]Innovation at Google's R&D Center in Israel - YouTube[/ame]

"Illegal"??? Seems to me my approach is most moral & humane. Let Hamas determine how many Palestinians Israel would have to kill if any.

So Tinmore, tell us what you would do for peace from Palestinians if you were Israeli prime minister? Would you give them everything they demand so they can kill even more Israeli's & continue their vow to annihilate Israel off the face of the earth? Come on Tinmore, you can do it.

"Illegal"??? Seems to me my approach is most moral & humane. Let Hamas determine how many Palestinians Israel would have to kill if any.

So Tinmore, tell us what you would do for peace from Palestinians if you were Israeli prime minister? Would you give them everything they demand so they can kill even more Israeli's & continue their vow to annihilate Israel off the face of the earth? Come on Tinmore, you can do it.

Israel needs to end its occupation of Palestine.

Israel needs to end its occupation of Palestine.

The Romans invented the word palestine to call Israel during the Roman Empire.

Maybe, open a book and you'll get your first rep point.

Biblical Historian and Scholar Dr. Paula Fredriksen, Professor of Religion, Boston University; Ph.D, History of Religion, Princeton University; Diploma in Theology, Oxford University
The Judean revolt against Rome was led by [Jewish rebel] Bar Kochba in 132-135 CE. The immediate causes of this rebellion are obscure. Its result was not: [Roman Emperor] Hadrian crushed the revolt and banned Jews from Judea.

The Romans now designated this territory by a political neologism, "Palestine" [a Latin form of "Philistine"], in a deliberate effort to denationalize Jewish/Judean territory. And, finally, Hadrian eradicated Jewish Jerusalem, erecting upon its ruins a new pagan city, Aelia Capitolina.
Jesus of Nazareth, King of the Jews by Paula Fredriksen - Book - Random House

PBS...

Forum List

Back