How can Trump be charged federally in a state court?

I never said he did, I’m just saying, not including the crime in the indictment seems odd, that’s just my opinion, I just don’t see why it was a big deal for him to list the crime, so everything would be out in the open. What’s he hiding?
So out of one side of your mouth you say that you understand that Bragg doesn’t have to satisfy you, and out of the other side you ask why he’s not satisfying you.

Just stop

No dipshit.
They're saying that Trump's retainer checks to Michael Cohen weren't campaign donations.
There was nothing illegal about the payments.
Paying for an NDA from some slut who's extorting money from you isn't against the law.
If anything Stormy Daniels committed extortion.
Trump simply refused to press any charges against her.

You can try to characterize it away all you want.

It will be decided in court

No dipshit.
They're saying that Trump's retainer checks to Michael Cohen weren't campaign donations.
There was nothing illegal about the payments.
Paying for an NDA from some slut who's extorting money from you isn't against the law.
If anything Stormy Daniels committed extortion.
Trump simply refused to press any charges against her.

Well, what Bragg is alleging is campaign finance violation. I think they are using the “in kind” definition. That cohen paying Daniels for her silence was to benefit the campaign, so that is a campaign contribution, which exceeded the allowable amount. I guess that is a federal felony.

Then they say that when trump falsified his logs about the payment, it violated a New York State misdemeanor, but because the falsification of the logs was to cover up the payment to cohen for the payment to Daniels, which they claim is a campaign finance violation, it upgraded the New York violation to a felony.

I think the argument people are having is, can Bragg upgrade a New York State law to a felony based on covering up a federal crime.

So out of one side of your mouth you say that you understand that Bragg doesn’t have to satisfy you, and out of the other side you ask why he’s not satisfying you.

Just stop

Uh, yeah…I have the right to ask questions, also the law states that trump has a right to know what crime he’s being charged with. All he knows right now is that he has been indicted for falsifying business records in conjunction with a crime, but Bragg won’t say that that underlying crime is.

According to the 6th amendment, trump has a right to know exactly what he is being charged with.

Well, what Bragg is alleging is campaign finance violation. I think they are using the “in kind” definition. That cohen paying Daniels for her silence was to benefit the campaign, so that is a campaign contribution, which exceeded the allowable amount. I guess that is a federal felony.

Then they say that when trump falsified his logs about the payment, it violated a New York State misdemeanor, but because the falsification of the logs was to cover up the payment to cohen for the payment to Daniels, which they claim is a campaign finance violation, it upgraded the New York violation to a felony.

I think the argument people are having is, can Bragg upgrade a New York State law to a felony based on covering up a federal crime.
No he is not.

This hs been explained to you several times already.

Why are you getting it wrong again and again? Are you simple?

Uh, yeah…I have the right to ask questions, also the law states that trump has a right to know what crime he’s being charged with.
A. Your questions have been answered...over and over

B. He has been made aware of the charges against him. They are in the indictment. All 34 of them.

You are being intentionally obtuse

Ok, what is trump being charged with?
AGAIN you need it explained to you?

He is being indicted on 34 counts of illegally falsifying financial documents in furtherance of a felony

I shouldn't have to explain that again but what the fuck.

Now you can go sit in the corner

A. Your questions have been answered...over and over

B. He has been made aware of the charges against him. They are in the indictment. All 34 of them.

You are being intentionally obtuse
Ok, the indictement lists falsifying business records in the first degree. So, what is the underlying crime he is being accused of covering up?

AGAIN you need it explained to you?

He is being indicted on 34 counts of illegally falsifying financial documents in furtherance of a felony

I shouldn't have to explain that again but what the fuck.

Now you can go sit in the corner
What felony!!?

Ask Cohen. He went to jail for it.

Now stop acting like the average MAGArat asshole.

I thought you were better than that.

You keep proving me wrong
Cohen went to jail for tax evasion and CAMPAIGN FINANCE VIOLATIONS which is what i said in post #183 and you disagreed with in post #185….

And in this post you are agreeing. Bragg is charging trump with falsifying records of payments to cohen, concealing campaign finance violations….aka Bragg is alleging campaign finance violations.

The falsifying business records is not a felony in New York unless it’s to cover another crime…in this case, that crime that Bragg is claiming is campaign finance violations………….

Aka bullshit.

Bragg did NOT charge Trump with campaign violations. He charged him with falsifying financial docs to cover up an illegal campaign contribution.

You even noted that you understood that.

Stop acting like a simpleton

He isn't. He is being charged under NY State law of falsifying business records with the intent of concealing a crime. That crime need not be a NT State crime. It can be Federal, or in any other jurisdiction. It does not even need to have been committed by Trump. He falsified the records to conceal a crime.
Thank you

Ok, so then, if we already know all this, if this is what they are hanging the felony on, then why didn’t Bragg just say it? He seemed to want to keep it secret, like he has something up his sleeve, but apparently, it took less than 5 minutes for the internet to foil his secret.

Odd..
Yes, it did but republicans are STILL in the dark.
Why?
They must be getting a "summary" from FOX, who also can't comprehend what is in the indictment.
They love duping their cult.

"Beginning in mid-2015, Trump orchestrated a scheme with others to influence the 2016 presidential election. They allegedly identified and bought negative claims about him to suppress their publication to boost his electoral prospects".

"By doing this they allegedly violated election laws and made false entries in the business records of various entities in New York. They also allegedly took steps that mischaracterized, for tax purposes, the true nature of the payments made in the scheme".

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^FELONY^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Correct. Paying the hush money wasn't the crime.

Violation of federal campaign finance laws was one of the crimes he was convicted of stemming from the hush money payments. If Cohen had made the arrangements and then Trump cut the check from his personal account, there would have been no legal jeopardy. It wasn't the hush money that caused the problem, it was the cover-up method.

WW

The cover up is only a crime is someone is being defrauded.

Who is being defrauded?

It means that no one is above the law.

We are all "above the law" every single day. We have mounds and reams and volumes of laws pertaining to us, from federal, state, county and local idiots whose boots you love to lick. If no one were "above the law" in truth nothing in this nation would ever get done. EVER.

You parrots really need to stop squawking that phrase.

Because that’s a federal crime and Bragg has state jurisdiction.

Bragg indicted because these state crimes become felonies when they are done to facilitate other felonies. And we know those are felonies because Cohen was convicted for them

You're explaining a LOT.

And losing. A LOT.

But you know this, don't you?

Forum List

Back