How come there are over 40,000 christian denominations and more invented daily

Purgatory is taken from Maccabees, something the Protestants do not read anymore or have in their OT, but at one time did.
Maccabees is rejected by the Jews and is filled with errors.

Its historical, and who cares what Jews like, the NT is rejected by Jews. They sure love Hanukah though don't they?
Plato is historical too.
And the fact you discount Jewish knowledge of the Old Testament is yet another validation the Catholic Church is a cult.

WE are not Jews, but we are more Jewish than Protestants. See our leaders wear fancy clothes, and the RCC continued the practice of confessing your sins, like the OT use to do and with payment for levels of sin, we use prayers not animals though. There is also an altar in RC Churches.

So tell me what do Protestants do, you have nothing but a preacher who tells you what he thinks the bible says, week after week. We actually relive the last supper in Mass.
I listed several catholic practices banned by Scripture and you come back you wear fancy clothes.

Let's start with an easy claim you make. Where does it say Jews must confess their sins?

And the other side could say that Catholics ignore them when they point out the problems with the RCC. Catholics DO bow down to idols. I've seen them do it. I'm not making that up. They also pray to Mary. Where, in the Bible, does it instruct us to do that. Mary was a sinner, just like everyone else who ever lived. There is nothing special about her. The RCC also maintains, to this day, that the pope is infallible. Do you deny this?

1. What idol have you seen Catholics pray to? What does it look like? Are you open to the possibility there is now idol involved?

2. Catholics believe the Body of Christ consists both the living and those who have passed on. Catholics are not bashful about asking others of the Body of Christ to pray for them. Should people be horrified when you ask a friend, church member, or family member to pray with/for you? If not, then why the horror when Catholic ask others for prayer? Are these the "idols" you accuse Catholics of "bowing" to?

3. I'm betting you have no idea what "infallible" means when it comes to the Pope. How many infallible rulings have their been? How were they decided? Are you even aware such rulings have taken decades, even centuries, of Church investigation and study before any of three were handed down?

Are you one who believes that the meaning of Papal Infallibility means a pope can do no wrong?

Catholics believe the Body of Christ consists both the living and those who have passed on.
Validating you belong to an antiBiblical cult.
Newsflash - people in heaven don't hear you nor are they sitting around hoping to get appointed by you as a Saint over computer keyboards.

The history of the Catholic church is they declared war on those that wanted to read the Bible because their practices are so Satanic.

And the other side could say that Catholics ignore them when they point out the problems with the RCC. Catholics DO bow down to idols. I've seen them do it. I'm not making that up. They also pray to Mary. Where, in the Bible, does it instruct us to do that. Mary was a sinner, just like everyone else who ever lived. There is nothing special about her. The RCC also maintains, to this day, that the pope is infallible. Do you deny this?

1. What idol have you seen Catholics pray to? What does it look like? Are you open to the possibility there is now idol involved?

2. Catholics believe the Body of Christ consists both the living and those who have passed on. Catholics are not bashful about asking others of the Body of Christ to pray for them. Should people be horrified when you ask a friend, church member, or family member to pray with/for you? If not, then why the horror when Catholic ask others for prayer? Are these the "idols" you accuse Catholics of "bowing" to?

3. I'm betting you have no idea what "infallible" means when it comes to the Pope. How many infallible rulings have their been? How were they decided? Are you even aware such rulings have taken decades, even centuries, of Church investigation and study before any of three were handed down?

Are you one who believes that the meaning of Papal Infallibility means a pope can do no wrong?
The idolatry of the catholic church.

Have you got your mother Teresa idol yet? You need to, she is a Saint now you know, because some guys in funny hats said so. I bet she wiped the sweat off her forehead after the vote.

Mother Teresa Pewter Statue

Have you got your mother Teresa idol yet? You need to, she is a Saint now you know, because some guys in funny hats said so. I bet she wiped the sweat off her forehead after the vote.

I just can't comprehend how these people cannot see the truth of what they are doing. Every catholic church is littered with graven images. They 'venerate' holy relics. They pray before statutes of Mary and other saints. If that's not idolatry, then what is? And the commandment forbidding graven images is missing from their ten commandments. How can they be so blind?

Well, they're not making it up...they're getting it from other people and then pass it on without actually checking it themselves and then only reading anti-Catholic writings that reinforce their prejudices.

I'm not saying people posting here are the people making things up, but people are making these things up, and people here are passing along made-up theologies and histories without checking their facts. When an error is pointed out that they are in error, there is no pause--it goes on and on and on. It's not the Father of Truth at work here, but the Father of Lies. I would think everyone would be in favor of stopping that.

Have you never asked anyone to pray for you? We don't pray to Mary we ask her to pray for us. Why? Because she has the ear of her Son. All she had to do was mention they were out of wine and He took care of it, did He not? My point here is if you were sick and you knew someone here who was spiritual and had a better chance of having her prays heard, you'd ask her to pray for you too. Asking Mary to pray for us is no different. I for on am getting pretty tired of having to correct this lie over and over again. Maybe you could pray to God for me that all of these fine upstanding non-judgmental Christians would stop making me correct their errors.

I just can't comprehend how these people cannot see the truth of what they are doing. Every catholic church is littered with graven images. They 'venerate' holy relics. They pray before statutes of Mary and other saints. If that's not idolatry, then what is? And the commandment forbidding graven images is missing from their ten commandments. How can they be so blind?

"And you shall make two cherubim of gold [i.e., two gold statues of angels]; of hammered work shall you make them, on the two ends of the mercy seat. Make one cherub on the one end, and one cherub on the other end; of one piece of the mercy seat shall you make the cherubim on its two ends. The cherubim shall spread out their wings above, overshadowing the mercy seat with their wings, their faces one to another; toward the mercy seat shall the faces of the cherubim be" (Ex. 25:18–20).

"And you shall make two cherubim of gold [i.e., two gold statues of angels]; of hammered work shall you make them, on the two ends of the mercy seat. Make one cherub on the one end, and one cherub on the other end; of one piece of the mercy seat shall you make the cherubim on its two ends. The cherubim shall spread out their wings above, overshadowing the mercy seat with their wings, their faces one to another; toward the mercy seat shall the faces of the cherubim be" (Ex. 25:18–20).

You are missing one thing for a proper understanding. The Arc of the Covenant was the house of God, while the Jews were wandering in the wilderness. They built it per Gods specific instructions. It took the place of the Holy Temple, since they were homeless and couldn't build one. Do you see the difference?

Do you believe what the Bible says?

"For by GRACE you are saved through FAITH, and this not of yourselves; it is the GIFT of God, not as a result of works, so that no one may boast."

Read that very carefully. Notice how it says that Salvation is a GIFT. It is not something that can be earned. Jesus either paid the price for sin, or He didn't. If you say that He didn't, then you are negating the sacrifice that He made. You are saying that what Jesus did on the Cross is not enough for salvation.

The good works you mention are not required for salvation. They are simply a manifestation of the Holy Spirit in our lives. If one is a child of God, then they will do good works. That is what the verse really means.
You can quote Scripture all day to these catholic lemmings. Unless their master in the funny hat tells them to follow Scripture they will continue to do the opposite of what the Bible says.
You sure do have a poor opinion of Catholics, brother.
Well earned opinion.
Then it shouldn't be too hard for you to explain how you arrived at your poor opinion of Catholics since it was so well earned, right?

Roman Catholicism -Christian or Pagan?
Wow, and here I thought the only ones I needed to defend my beliefs against from were atheists.

Last edited:

You are missing one thing for a proper understanding. The Arc of the Covenant was the house of God, while the Jews were wandering in the wilderness. They built it per Gods specific instructions. It took the place of the Holy Temple, since they were homeless and couldn't build one. Do you see the difference?

During a plague of serpents sent to punish the Israelites during the exodus, God told Moses to "make [a statue of] a fiery serpent, and set it on a pole; and every one who is bitten, when he sees it shall live. So Moses made a bronze serpent, and set it on a pole; and if a serpent bit any man, he would look at the bronze serpent and live" (Num. 21:8–9).

Does this "idol" get an exception from you too?

During a plague of serpents sent to punish the Israelites during the exodus, God told Moses to "make [a statue of] a fiery serpent, and set it on a pole; and every one who is bitten, when he sees it shall live. So Moses made a bronze serpent, and set it on a pole; and if a serpent bit any man, he would look at the bronze serpent and live" (Num. 21:8–9).

You are one clueless idiot. I could explain it to you, but it would be a waste of time. Why don't you get on your knees, pray to God for understanding, then look at the relevant Scripture? I'm done with you.

Well, they're not making it up...they're getting it from other people and then pass it on without actually checking it themselves and then only reading anti-Catholic writings that reinforce their prejudices.

I'm not saying people posting here are the people making things up, but people are making these things up, and people here are passing along made-up theologies and histories without checking their facts. When an error is pointed out that they are in error, there is no pause--it goes on and on and on. It's not the Father of Truth at work here, but the Father of Lies. I would think everyone would be in favor of stopping that.

Have you never asked anyone to pray for you? We don't pray to Mary we ask her to pray for us. Why? Because she has the ear of her Son. All she had to do was mention they were out of wine and He took care of it, did He not? My point here is if you were sick and you knew someone here who was spiritual and had a better chance of having her prays heard, you'd ask her to pray for you too. Asking Mary to pray for us is no different. I for on am getting pretty tired of having to correct this lie over and over again. Maybe you could pray to God for me that all of these fine upstanding non-judgmental Christians would stop making me correct their errors.
Mary has more things going than listening to you. The dead are not sitting by the phone waiting for you to call. Your unBiblical beliefs validate you are a cult.

You are one clueless idiot. I could explain it to you, but it would be a waste of time. Why don't you get on your knees, pray to God for understanding, then look at the relevant Scripture? I'm done with you.
That's the thing with the catholic cult - they are brainwashed into believing God, Holy Spirit and Jesus are not listening and communicating with them directly.

I missed the part about them having to pray to it and worship it.
Missed the part when God commanded pewter images of Teresa be built and prayed to too.

Mary has more things going than listening to you. The dead are not sitting by the phone waiting for you to call. Your unBiblical beliefs validate you are a cult.
Jesus Himself gave us an example of how to pray. He did not tell us to pray to Mary, or the saints. We can pray directly to God, in Jesus name. Jesus is our one and only intercessor with God. not Mary. Not the saints.

That's the thing with the catholic cult - they are brainwashed into believing God, Holy Spirit and Jesus are not listening and communicating with them directly.
One thing they fail to realize is that when we pray to God, in Jesus name, God is right there; listening to our prayers.

One thing they fail to realize is that when we pray to God, in Jesus name, God is right there; listening to our prayers.
Yep. And because the catholic cult is based upon power and control they teach everything has to go they someone else.

Jesus Himself gave us an example of how to pray. He did not tell us to pray to Mary, or the saints. We can pray directly to God, in Jesus name. Jesus is our one and only intercessor with God. not Mary. Not the saints.
You're quoting Scripture so they don't have a clue Jesus said that. Nor do they care. They want funny hat guy to lead them by the nose.

Forum List

Back