how did birth certificate qualification turn into "racism"?

Because he's the only candidate in recent history who was pressured to show his. Even though he has his short form birth certificate proving his birth, the state of Hawaii backing it up, it apparently wasn't enough.

Not to mention the references to Kenya and the claim that he is Muslim.

When was the last time a candidate had to prove he was American?

Any time someone disagrees with or holds Obama accountable, then that person is a racistt.

What was Trump disagreeing with President Obama on when Trump accused President Obama of having a fake Birth Certificate?

In the history of the US, no one has ever accused any President of something that turned out to be false or unsubstantiated?

No, it shows that Dems planted the seeds. According to leftist logic, racist Dems. Hillary Clinton approved so that makes her a racist.

Trump is a gullible idiot who has favored Dems and Dem policy his entire life. He only 'became' a Republican when he decided to run for potus.

No, it shows that Dems planted the seeds.

Even if that were true. It's your candidate who went after that bait, fell in the trap and made it home for five years. It's Trump's baby . Deal with it.

It is true.

Did I say otherwise?

If the left is going to say racism is the reason for the birthers going full birther, then that logic also says that the Dems - including Hillary Clinton - were also racist in trying to paint obama as "less American".
Not really since very few Democrats went down that road.

Doesn't matter if very few Dems went down that road ... Clinton's campaign did. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
Except the Hillary campaign didn't.

Clinton's campaign did go down the "obama isn't as American" as she is, it was a Dem strategy that the Rs glommed onto, which resulted in the birther issue.

LOL that is a whole lot of dancing around to just blame Democrats for Donald Trump going full Birther.

Why do you want to believe that Donald Trump is just a gullible idiot deceived by Democrats?

No, it shows that Dems planted the seeds. According to leftist logic, racist Dems. Hillary Clinton approved so that makes her a racist.

Trump is a gullible idiot who has favored Dems and Dem policy his entire life. He only 'became' a Republican when he decided to run for potus.

Even if that were true. It's your candidate who went after that bait, fell in the trap and made it home for five years. It's Trump's baby . Deal with it.

It is true.

Did I say otherwise?

If the left is going to say racism is the reason for the birthers going full birther, then that logic also says that the Dems - including Hillary Clinton - were also racist in trying to paint obama as "less American".

Please show where anyone on the left asserted this issue repeatedly and publicly like the RW media world, pundits, candidates and elected officials have.

It doesn't exist.

Simply saying "the left started it", does nothing to absolve the right from their actions.
Like I said in a previous post, it's not so much the allegation it's self as it is the motivation to continue to suspend disbelief in favor of a disproved narrative. There obviously were some political points to be scored by Trump and others by continuing this narrative.

I never said the left started the birther issue. I said they planted the seeds of doubt that obama wasn't as "real an American" as Clinton. It was a campaign strategy. The Rs did take that and run with it re: birther issue, as I stated in my earlier post.

All I'm saying is that if the birther issue was because "racism" then the Clinton campaign's "obama is less American" was because "racism". After all, they were claiming that the first black candidate's "roots to basic American values and culture are at best limited." Must be because he's black, right? :rolleyes:

ftr, neither were racism, both had to do with obama's past ... his associates, his mentors, his upbringing, where he was raised, etc.
No, it was not a campaign strategy. It was proposed internally by a memo but apparently never manifested beyond that.

It is true.

Did I say otherwise?

Doesn't matter if very few Dems went down that road ... Clinton's campaign did. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Clinton's campaign did go down the "obama isn't as American" as she is, it was a Dem strategy that the Rs glommed onto, which resulted in the birther issue.
It did not result in the birther issue. They are two entirely different issues. One was about eligibility while the other was about cultural differences.

It is true.

Did I say otherwise?

Please show where anyone on the left asserted this issue repeatedly and publicly like the RW media world, pundits, candidates and elected officials have.

It doesn't exist.

Simply saying "the left started it", does nothing to absolve the right from their actions.
Like I said in a previous post, it's not so much the allegation it's self as it is the motivation to continue to suspend disbelief in favor of a disproved narrative. There obviously were some political points to be scored by Trump and others by continuing this narrative.

I never said the left started the birther issue. I said they planted the seeds of doubt that obama wasn't as "real an American" as Clinton. It was a campaign strategy. The Rs did take that and run with it re: birther issue, as I stated in my earlier post.

All I'm saying is that if the birther issue was because "racism" then the Clinton campaign's "obama is less American" was because "racism". After all, they were claiming that the first black candidate's "roots to basic American values and culture are at best limited." Must be because he's black, right? :rolleyes:

ftr, neither were racism, both had to do with obama's past ... his associates, his mentors, his upbringing, where he was raised, etc.
No, it was not a campaign strategy. It was proposed internally by a memo but apparently never manifested beyond that.

False. Do some research.

It is true.

Did I say otherwise?

It did not result in the birther issue. They are two entirely different issues. One was about eligibility while the other was about cultural differences.

It planted the seeds of doubt that started the whole ball rolling.

LOL that is a whole lot of dancing around to just blame Democrats for Donald Trump going full Birther.

Why do you want to believe that Donald Trump is just a gullible idiot deceived by Democrats?

It is true.

Did I say otherwise?

It doesn't exist.

It was never a campaign strategy. It was never considered or employed. If you can show otherwise, please do.

Trump's False claim Clinton started Obama birther talk

Was Hillary Clinton the Original ‘Birther’?

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbsn...fact-check-hofstra/?client=ms-android-verizon

FACT CHECK: This has been Trump’s line since the “birther” issue resurfaced this fall, but Clinton’s campaign has repeatedly denied being involved. Patti Solis Doyle, Clinton’s 2008 campaign manager, told Wolf Blitzer a volunteer forwarded an email promoting “birtherism” and that that person was fired. “The campaign nor Hillary did not start the ‘birther’ movement, period, end of story,” Solis Doyle told CNN, saying the volunteer’s actions were “beyond the pale” and that Clinton called Obama campaign manager David Plouffe to apologize.

Did Clinton Supporters Start the 'Birther' Movement?

It is true.

Did I say otherwise?

It doesn't exist.

False. Do some research.

Good advice.
Follow it.

Trump's False claim Clinton started Obama birther talk

Was Hillary Clinton the Original ‘Birther’?

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbsn...fact-check-hofstra/?client=ms-android-verizon

FACT CHECK: This has been Trump’s line since the “birther” issue resurfaced this fall, but Clinton’s campaign has repeatedly denied being involved. Patti Solis Doyle, Clinton’s 2008 campaign manager, told Wolf Blitzer a volunteer forwarded an email promoting “birtherism” and that that person was fired. “The campaign nor Hillary did not start the ‘birther’ movement, period, end of story,” Solis Doyle told CNN, saying the volunteer’s actions were “beyond the pale” and that Clinton called Obama campaign manager David Plouffe to apologize.

Did Clinton Supporters Start the 'Birther' Movement?
And the email that volunteer staffer was let go for wasn't even about birtherism. It was about Obama being a Muslim...

Clinton volunteer coordinator resigns over e-mail claiming Obama is Muslim

It is true.

Did I say otherwise?

It doesn't exist.

It was never a campaign strategy. It was never considered or employed. If you can show otherwise, please do.

Attempts by the Clinton campaign were subtle digs that point to the strategy outlined by Penn, that obama is "less American" than Clinton.

"Throughout the 2008 election season, racist and bigoted smears about Barack Obama circulated online, and bubbled up into mainstream conversation about the campaign in the traditional news media. Two of the most prominent lies about Obama, which persist to this day, were that he is secretly a Muslim (playing on fear-mongering and bigotry about Islam), and that he was not really born in America. Both of these ideas paint Obama as “other” and outside the mainstream, drawing their potency from fears about Black people gaining power. People generally associate these memes with the right wing. But the truth is that for the entire Democratic primary, not only did Hillary Clinton’s campaign do nothing to push back against the racist fear-mongering about Obama, it actually fed this atmosphere and helped it grow. It was a part of their strategy from early in the campaign."

How Can Black People Trust Hillary Clinton After the 2008 Campaign? | Huffington Post

"The Obama campaign has repeatedly claimed it has been the target of dirty tricks by the Clinton team. A senior member of her staff, Bill Shaheen, had to resign last year after raising Obama's admitted use of marijuana and cocaine as a youth.

"A junior staffer resigned in December after forwarding an email suggesting Obama is a Muslim. In the South Carolina primary last month, Bill Clinton made race an issue."

"Plouffe described circulation of the picture as part of "a disturbing pattern".

Clinton aides claim Obama photo wasn't intended as a smear

"Plouffe said in a statement: “On the very day that Senator Clinton is giving a speech about restoring respect for America in the world, her campaign has engaged in the most shameful, offensive fear-mongering we’ve seen from either party in this election. This is part of a disturbing pattern that led her county chairs to resign in Iowa, her campaign chairman to resign in New Hampshire, and it’s exactly the kind of divisive politics that turns away Americans of all parties and diminishes respect for America in the world," said Plouffe."

Obama slams smear photo

You can close your eyes all you want and keep believing that she's all that and a bag of chips, I don't give a shit. Her campaign set out to subtly smear obama, to raise questions of his "Americanism", Rs jumped on the bandwagon and took it to the nth degree with the birther thing, including Trump. It backfired and the black guy won and in the process made those who supported the shit look loony and tuney. Poor mrs bill. Poor Donnie.

It is true.

Did I say otherwise?

It doesn't exist.

Attempts by the Clinton campaign were subtle digs that point to the strategy outlined by Penn, that obama is "less American" than Clinton.

"Throughout the 2008 election season, racist and bigoted smears about Barack Obama circulated online, and bubbled up into mainstream conversation about the campaign in the traditional news media. Two of the most prominent lies about Obama, which persist to this day, were that he is secretly a Muslim (playing on fear-mongering and bigotry about Islam), and that he was not really born in America. Both of these ideas paint Obama as “other” and outside the mainstream, drawing their potency from fears about Black people gaining power. People generally associate these memes with the right wing. But the truth is that for the entire Democratic primary, not only did Hillary Clinton’s campaign do nothing to push back against the racist fear-mongering about Obama, it actually fed this atmosphere and helped it grow. It was a part of their strategy from early in the campaign."

How Can Black People Trust Hillary Clinton After the 2008 Campaign? | Huffington Post

"The Obama campaign has repeatedly claimed it has been the target of dirty tricks by the Clinton team. A senior member of her staff, Bill Shaheen, had to resign last year after raising Obama's admitted use of marijuana and cocaine as a youth.

"A junior staffer resigned in December after forwarding an email suggesting Obama is a Muslim. In the South Carolina primary last month, Bill Clinton made race an issue."

"Plouffe described circulation of the picture as part of "a disturbing pattern".

"Plouffe said in a statement: “On the very day that Senator Clinton is giving a speech about restoring respect for America in the world, her campaign has engaged in the most shameful, offensive fear-mongering we’ve seen from either party in this election. This is part of a disturbing pattern that led her county chairs to resign in Iowa, her campaign chairman to resign in New Hampshire, and it’s exactly the kind of divisive politics that turns away Americans of all parties and diminishes respect for America in the world," said Plouffe."

Obama slams smear photo

You can close your eyes all you want and keep believing that she's all that and a bag of chips, I don't give a shit. Her campaign set out to subtly smear obama, to raise questions of his "Americanism", Rs jumped on the bandwagon and took it to the nth degree with the birther thing, including Trump. It backfired and the black guy won and in the process made those who supported the shit look loony and tuney. Poor mrs bill. Poor Donnie.

Hmm, no birther claims as you suggested.
It seems like the campaign asked people to resign when they crossed that line.

It is true.

Did I say otherwise?

It doesn't exist.

Obama slams smear photo

From your HuffPo link.

So it wasn't started by the campaign, it came from the internet. The criticism is that they didn't denounce it.

That's a far cry from saying they started it and employed it as a strategy.

Keep in mind, McCain was born in Panama. His birth certificate wasn't mentioned, and Trump never demanded Canadian-born half-Cuban Ted Cruz's birth certificate, either - WHILE HE WAS DEMANDING OBAMA'S!.
Spineless McCain is/was not A natural born citizen

It is true.

Did I say otherwise?

It doesn't exist.

Obama slams smear photo

Hmm, no birther claims as you suggested.
It seems like the campaign asked people to resign when they crossed that line.

Uh, I never claimed Clinton started the birther thing. Derp.

If you're just going to ignore what I'm actually posting and instead project your crap onto me, cya.

It is true.

Did I say otherwise?

It doesn't exist.

Obama slams smear photo

From your HuffPo link.

So it wasn't started by the campaign, it came from the internet. The criticism is that they didn't denounce it.

Nice ignoring of the "clinton's campaign actually fed this atmosphere and helped it to grow". lol

It doesn't exist.

Obama slams smear photo

From your HuffPo link.

Nice ignoring of the "clinton's campaign actually fed this atmosphere and helped it to grow". lol
In reality, they actually fired a volunteer who forwarded such an email; and admitted to it and apologized profusely to Obama.

So, no, it was not a "campaign strategy."

And again, it's an entirely different issue from birtherism, who's earliest roots have been traced to rightwing blogs and a forum.

Last edited:

Obama slams smear photo

From your HuffPo link.

In reality, they actually fired a volunteer who forwarded such an email; and admitted to it and apologized profusely to Obama.

And again, it's an entirely different issue from birtherism, who's earliest roots have been traced to rightwing blogs and forum.

In reality, you're ignoring the info showing that her campaign did seek out to make obama "less American". They planted the seeds of doubt; the Rs watered, fertilized, and grew them into the birther thing.

It doesn't exist.

Obama slams smear photo

From your HuffPo link.

I didn't ignore it. I included it.
That's opinion.

Obama slams smear photo

From your HuffPo link.

And again, it's an entirely different issue from birtherism, who's earliest roots have been traced to rightwing blogs and forum.

In reality, you're ignoring the info showing that her campaign did seek out to make obama "less American". They planted the seeds of doubt; the Rs watered, fertilized, and grew them into the birther thing.

They did not "seek out" any such thing. They fired people who attempted to do so. Your own links don't support what you're saying.

Forum List

Back