How does Obama NOT mention our soldiers being held by Iran in his SOTU?

This just boggles my mind

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ WHY?? ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
he did not want the American patriots to know of another major flaw in the regime, "we" apologized.., again, and screwed up by failing to demand our boats and equipment be returned also, maybe he planned to give Iran more of our secret technology. :up:

It may be a little odd he didn't mention them, but I do not find it a big deal.
What IS a big deal, is to spout off economic statistics and not even utter the word "Debt".
Not mentioning how the top 7% earners have seen their earnings climb 33% (a record) - while 93% of WORKING Americans have suffered an average 5% LOSS..at the same time suffering from a dramatic decrease in employer benefits!!...NOT A WORD.
93% of WORKING Americans are making less...and he stands there and says look how great we are....and of course his supporters eat it up like candy.

America has the strongest economy in the world. Doesn't it?

And....he did mention income inequality. You must have missed it.

You must have missed him saying that income inequality has increased by record percentages while he has been in office...oh wait...he didn't admit that.
And having the "Strongest economy" doesn't benefit Americans one iota when ONLY THE WEALTHIEST are getting the benefit of that economy. But you will never face that fact, because facing that fact means you have to admit to yourself that Obama is an elitist/corporatist whose policies have GREATLY benefited the rich and is utterly killing the middle class. No you will never do that unless there is a Republican in office.

What IS a big deal, is to spout off economic statistics and not even utter the word "Debt".
Not mentioning how the top 7% earners have seen their earnings climb 33% (a record) - while 93% of WORKING Americans have suffered an average 5% LOSS..at the same time suffering from a dramatic decrease in employer benefits!!...NOT A WORD.
93% of WORKING Americans are making less...and he stands there and says look how great we are....and of course his supporters eat it up like candy.

He didn't miss it, the Fox Talking Head he got his opinion from missed it.

Try again I don't have Fox News. I steam all of my TV, and Fox does not stream. I only have CNN and newsy.

A simple "Release them & our boats or else" is all that's necessary.

only a brave president like Ronald Reagan and men with big brass balls would have said that, but cowards apologize, whimper and slither back to their worm holes. ! :up:

11/6/86:
The Reagan Administration, using an Israeli-operated supply line set up through highly secret negotiations with the regime of the Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, last year began supplying U.S.-made missiles and weapons parts to Iran in exchange for Iran's aid in freeing three Americans held hostage in Lebanon, government sources said Wednesday.

A State of the Union speech is no time to bring up an example of your failed foreign policy...like he was going to mention it... :p
What is a fail about the current foreign policy?
Which one / where do you want to start?

Failed Iranian Foreign Policy where he negotiates a 'deal' with them, they break the conditions of the deal WHILE they are negotiating, has violated the conditions of the deal TWICE since it was agreed upon, and he has not followed through with the threatened consequences YET. Can you say 'Red Line Part II'?!

Now Iran seizes 2 ships, 11 sailors, and no mention from the President. Obama has been Iran's 'door mat'. The leader of Iran led crowds in chants of 'Death to America', their military practiced sinking a US carrier, they openly talked of nuking Israel, and - again - violated the deal ALL while Obama continued to kiss their ass so they wouldn't walk away from the table....

He negotiated not from strength but from DESPARATION, just to add to his 'legacy'.
Are countries not allowed to control within their territorial waters?

There seems to be a bit of disappointment by some that our sailors were released.
I was going to say that last nite, but didn't want to jinx the release. Yes....I'm sure there's a lot of disappointment. I'm sure there was some hope of another Benghazi type event.

only a brave president like Ronald Reagan and men with big brass balls would have said that, but cowards apologize, whimper and slither back to their worm holes. ! :up:
Say that to the 200+ Marines in Beirut who died, then Reagan cut n' run.
Col. Higgins, USMC was captured by Hezbollah 17 FEB 1988 and tortured for the remaining 11 months of Reagan's term in office and a year or more beyond. He died in captivity eventually, long after Reagan left office. Reagan's only action was to get a resolution passed at the UN asking for Col. William "Rich" Higgins release.

You must have missed him saying that income inequality has increased by record percentages while he has been in office...oh wait...he didn't admit that.
And having the "Strongest economy" doesn't benefit Americans one iota when ONLY THE WEALTHIEST are getting the benefit of that economy. But you will never face that fact, because facing that fact means you have to admit to yourself that Obama is an elitist/corporatist whose policies have GREATLY benefited the rich and is utterly killing the middle class. No you will never do that unless there is a Republican in office

**BUMP**...want to be sure you answer this LoneLaugher
You haven't answered this one.

That is exactly what Reagan did over and over after every terrorist attack on America, which other than the takeover of our, questionable as a terrorist attack, Embassy in Iran, had not been an issue. Terrorist attacked Israel. Americans sometimes got caught in the crossfire or became collateral damage, but they didn't dare target Americans until the Reagan era. Reagan gave birth to the modern terrorism of today when he allowed attacks to take place and responded weakly or not at all. He allowed terrorism on America to become an accepted tactic and strategy. Think of what would have happened had he sent in a dull Division or more of pissed off Marines to hunt down and destroy, no, kill Hezbollah after the Marine Barracks slaughter.

He doesn't have a problem not mentioning them. He hates them even more than he hates us who wouldn' bow to his ugly visions for us.

He doesn't have a problem not mentioning them. He hates them even more than he hates us who wouldn' bow to his ugly visions for us.
Poor Staphanie....beside herself over the quick release of our sailors.

Try again I don't have Fox News. I steam all of my TV, and Fox does not stream. I only have CNN and newsy.
You can stream Fox news from their own web site.

You can stream Fox news from their own web site.

If yuo have a cable subscription yes...but not without.

Ignorance is no excuse for dumb posts

You got that right! Note the banner of the CNN video you posted and compare that with the title you gave this thread! Or do you believe the terms "soldiers" and "sailors" are synonymous? I guess the 'dumb post' your speaking of is the OP!

More pointless semantics.
It's like posting with children

They're always beat when they have to resort to semantics and word twisting.

Forum List

Back