How does Obama NOT mention our soldiers being held by Iran in his SOTU?

Really? Do you have a link?
No he doesn't because he's wrong.
How do you know that?

BTW...I have an excellent idea. If the Iranians haven't released our sailors by a day or two...send Trump to Iran as a special envoy to negotiate for us.
Because I'm informed. You should try it sometime
Would that be the same source that told you it was acceptable to call "sailors" "soldiers" and it's only a question of "semantics"? :lmao:
You're a dumbass liberal so why would I give a fuck what you deem acceptable?
I'm a retired sailor. You are......what exactly? But actually, you prove what I said just earlier...that RWrs just pretend to care about our military and our vets....only if the military member or vet has the .... er....correctly political leanings. If not, it's bash-away time.

Ignorance is no excuse for dumb posts

And yet you posted anyway.

Obama did not mention the sailors being held in Iran because the negotiations with Iran that were ongoing since the start of the incident were what delayed the start of the SOTU.

A State of the Union speech is no time to bring up an example of your failed foreign policy...like he was going to mention it... :p

Making up stuff? No. If anyone made up stuff, you did in your accusations to me.
And once again, right on cue, no concern mentioned for our sailors. Proof is in the pudding.
They've been deflecting every since it was reported. They have shown absolutely no concern over those serving our country having been arrested, according to Iranian tv, by their revolutionary guard.
The question is valid. obummer ignored the fact that we have sailors being held by Iran. The fact that you asshats resort to this low form of deflection is pathetic.
Making up stuff, I see. We are hearing all sorts of conflicting reports...just like we did in the first hours of when that P-3 crew was seized by the Chinese. Did you run around screaming "do something! Don't you care????" then too?

How do you know that?

BTW...I have an excellent idea. If the Iranians haven't released our sailors by a day or two...send Trump to Iran as a special envoy to negotiate for us.
Would that be the same source that told you it was acceptable to call "sailors" "soldiers" and it's only a question of "semantics"? :lmao:
I'm a retired sailor. You are......what exactly? But actually, you prove what I said just earlier...that RWrs just pretend to care about our military and our vets....only if the military member or vet has the .... er....correctly political leanings. If not, it's bash-away time.
I have never bashed your service ya stupid dyke. On the contrary I've thanked you for it. Having said that it does not give you a free pass on a message board simply because you served. Your words are as free to criticize as any other poster.

How do you know that?

EXAMINING THE VOTE; Lieberman Put Democrats In Retreat on Military Vote

How can he not once mention our debt?
The man added over $6 trillion in new debt in only 4 years, adding more debt than every US President COMBINED, setting US records for 'monthly', 'annual', and 'total' deficit-spending along the way. It's kind of a sore subject for Obama and Liberals, who still want to blame Bush instead of the near Super Majority Liberal Congress that controlled both Houses, the budget, and spending during Bush's last 2 years in office....

How do you know that?

I have never bashed your service ya stupid dyke. On the contrary I've thanked you for it. Having said that it does not give you a free pass on a message board simply because you served. Your words are as free to criticize as any other poster.
And there it is....

A State of the Union speech is no time to bring up an example of your failed foreign policy...like he was going to mention it... :p
What is a fail about the current foreign policy?
Which one / where do you want to start?

Failed Iranian Foreign Policy where he negotiates a 'deal' with them, they break the conditions of the deal WHILE they are negotiating, has violated the conditions of the deal TWICE since it was agreed upon, and he has not followed through with the threatened consequences YET. Can you say 'Red Line Part II'?!

Now Iran seizes 2 ships, 11 sailors, and no mention from the President. Obama has been Iran's 'door mat'. The leader of Iran led crowds in chants of 'Death to America', their military practiced sinking a US carrier, they openly talked of nuking Israel, and - again - violated the deal ALL while Obama continued to kiss their ass so they wouldn't walk away from the table....

He negotiated not from strength but from DESPARATION, just to add to his 'legacy'.

Last edited:
There seems to be a bit of disappointment by some that our sailors were released.

The question is valid. obummer ignored the fact that we have sailors being held by Iran. The fact that you asshats resort to this low form of deflection is pathetic.

Only in nutbag land does not mentioning something equate to ignoring it.

The dude had the matter taken care of and there was no need to mention it just to quell the voices of those who wish him poor luck regardless.

He is a leader.....not a GOP lapdog.

It may be a little odd he didn't mention them, but I do not find it a big deal.
What IS a big deal, is to spout off economic statistics and not even utter the word "Debt".
Not mentioning how the top 7% earners have seen their earnings climb 33% (a record) - while 93% of WORKING Americans have suffered an average 5% LOSS..at the same time suffering from a dramatic decrease in employer benefits!!...NOT A WORD.
93% of WORKING Americans are making less...and he stands there and says look how great we are....and of course his supporters eat it up like candy.

What IS a big deal, is to spout off economic statistics and not even utter the word "Debt".
Not mentioning how the top 7% earners have seen their earnings climb 33% (a record) - while 93% of WORKING Americans have suffered an average 5% LOSS..at the same time suffering from a dramatic decrease in employer benefits!!...NOT A WORD.
93% of WORKING Americans are making less...and he stands there and says look how great we are....and of course his supporters eat it up like candy.

America has the strongest economy in the world. Doesn't it?

And....he did mention income inequality. You must have missed it.

America has the strongest economy in the world. Doesn't it?

And....he did mention income inequality. You must have missed it.

He didn't miss it, the Fox Talking Head he got his opinion from missed it.

Forum List

Back