How Evil is Libertarianism anyway?

What do you find loathsome about the idea we should leave people alone unless/until they violate the person or property of their fellow man?

Nothing, but Rand Objectivism which is what 'L'ibertarians are, is far more than that.

IT is a break down of the 'ties that bind us' as a society.

They are anarchists in a bad sort of way.

I'm glad that you find nothing loathsome about the idea that we each should leave others alone unless/until they trespass against the person or property of their fellow man.

That simple principle is the defining characteristic of libertarianism.

We can't have individual liberty...we must all be part of the collective..after all, massive unlimited government run by a small elite, works really really well.:eek::rolleyes:o_O:uhoh3:

Operating as a "collective" is what separated man from the animals

We can't have individual liberty...we must all be part of the collective..after all, massive unlimited government run by a small elite, works really really well.:eek::rolleyes:o_O:uhoh3:

You of all people, should know the meaning of 'collective' as your fellow travelers the Communists define it.

I have long been acquainted with Libertarians and used to find them kind of adorable in a yapping lapdog kind of way, bitching about the Federal governments over reach, the rise in taxes and why doesnt the GOP have more Libertarians in it?

Well now we have a blend of conservative and Libertarian that many people confuse with 'true' conservatism, but it is NOT conservatism. It is the putrid purge from the mind of an evil avowed atheist escapee from the Soviet Union who had no use for love or charity or God. All Ayn Rand wanted was for people to hate the government and be willing to kill each other to keep their toys. The deepest thought she produced was a complex system of excuses to let your neighbor starve in the street as was common in many parts of the Soviet Union of her time.

William F Buckley Jr and Whitaker Chambers both exposed Rand for the loveless bitch she was deep in her soul. Both observed that 'Atlas Shrugged' was a fantasy shpeel of a world devoid of God, Christian mercy and charity and any semblance of community. They were quite right to denounce her work, her novels and her values system as alien to the body of Conservative American thought.

But fast forward to today's corporate America and we find Rand rehabilitated and flourishing under the guise of conservatism again, a.k.a. 'Conservatarians' and it is rotting Conservatism from the inside, like a cancer.

The take over of the Conservative movement by 'Conservatarians' or Rand Objectivists is a real disaster for the Conservative movement as we enter a new Digital Age in which jobs will be scarce and the party that offers to help other Americans through their adjustment to it will be the majority party for the distant future. Conservatarians cant even put the words together about how to care for other Americans, because deep in their hearts they truly just dont give a shit about anyone but themselves and maybe a few friends.

Which means that either Conservatism will shed itself of these useless evil parasites that are a pimple on Conservatism's ass or the Conservative movement will die the well deserved death of wicked heresies.

View attachment 72418

Ms Rand was buried upside down so motherfuckers like you can go by and kiss her ass.

I have to admit...the thought of Ayn Rand being buried upside down is appealing.

Obviously we can have liberty, but we dont have to live in Chaos to do so.

We are a community of people, not a gaggle of assorted individuals with no impact on one another.

This fails logically on all counts, but is a commonly held belief...by those brainwashed by the STATE. Believe in the State because without it, you have chaos. How convenient for statists.

You are under the misconception that libertarianism means chaos and that without a centrally planned and elitist controlled nation, we would have chaos.

What do you find loathsome about the idea we should leave people alone unless/until they violate the person or property of their fellow man?

Nothing, but Rand Objectivism which is what 'L'ibertarians are, is far more than that.

I'm glad that you find nothing loathsome about the idea that we each should leave others alone unless/until they trespass against the person or property of their fellow man.

And yet the GOP has a significant libertarian faction, a party dominated by conservatives hostile to leaving each other alone, seeking to compel conformity through force of law.

I have long been acquainted with Libertarians and used to find them kind of adorable in a yapping lapdog kind of way, bitching about the Federal governments over reach, the rise in taxes and why doesnt the GOP have more Libertarians in it?

Well now we have a blend of conservative and Libertarian that many people confuse with 'true' conservatism, but it is NOT conservatism. It is the putrid purge from the mind of an evil avowed atheist escapee from the Soviet Union who had no use for love or charity or God. All Ayn Rand wanted was for people to hate the government and be willing to kill each other to keep their toys. The deepest thought she produced was a complex system of excuses to let your neighbor starve in the street as was common in many parts of the Soviet Union of her time.

William F Buckley Jr and Whitaker Chambers both exposed Rand for the loveless bitch she was deep in her soul. Both observed that 'Atlas Shrugged' was a fantasy shpeel of a world devoid of God, Christian mercy and charity and any semblance of community. They were quite right to denounce her work, her novels and her values system as alien to the body of Conservative American thought.

But fast forward to today's corporate America and we find Rand rehabilitated and flourishing under the guise of conservatism again, a.k.a. 'Conservatarians' and it is rotting Conservatism from the inside, like a cancer.

The take over of the Conservative movement by 'Conservatarians' or Rand Objectivists is a real disaster for the Conservative movement as we enter a new Digital Age in which jobs will be scarce and the party that offers to help other Americans through their adjustment to it will be the majority party for the distant future. Conservatarians cant even put the words together about how to care for other Americans, because deep in their hearts they truly just dont give a shit about anyone but themselves and maybe a few friends.

Which means that either Conservatism will shed itself of these useless evil parasites that are a pimple on Conservatism's ass or the Conservative movement will die the well deserved death of wicked heresies.

Take another hit. Squint your eyes. Maybe when you sober up you'll get it.

Last edited:

And yet the GOP has a significant libertarian faction, a party dominated by conservatives hostile to leaving each other alone, seeking to compel conformity through force of law.

HINT: Those aren't libetarians.

Rand Objectivism causes chaos everywhere it is found. Party infighting, fake delegates, fraudulent assertions of loyalty, blatant violations of the electoral laws and hatred for our police are just a few ways this comes out from them when they have enough power in a congressional district to step out from under the refrigerators and into the light like bold cockroaches.

First, you haven't the slightest idea what "Rand Objectivism" is. And If I'm a "bold cockroach", them I'm of the hissing variety. I have the utmost respect for law enforcement. There are bad apples out there who give them a bad name, and they should be punished, not every police officer everywhere.

Second, instead of bandying about terms to which you have no clue to their definition, a Rand Objectivist aspires to:

Follow reason, not whims or faith.
Work hard to achieve a life of purpose and productiveness.
Earn genuine self-esteem.
Pursue one's own happiness as his or her highest moral aim.
Prosper by treating others as individuals, trading value for value.

For the record, I have not read "Atlas Shrugged" nor do I intend to. But I agree with with Rand Objectivism to a point.

Third, I'm also a little "l" minarchist libertarian, or at least that's what my views are closest to. I don't favor complete anarchy. Anarchy can lead to unfettered aggression by one individual against another. There needs to be governance. So a minimal state presence is required in my opinion, not an extensive one.

Perhaps instead of calling us evil or loathsome, maybe you could engage one of us in a civilized debate. I don't really adhere strictly to one of those philosophies or the other. I take the best of them and meld them together to form a unique view for myself.

If you are not a 'L'ibertarian, then my comments were not directed at you.

I'm a Libertarian, and if your comments were 'directed at' me, you need to practice your aim.

You of all people, should know the meaning of 'collective' as your fellow travelers the Communists define it.

Modern man is a collective

As we formed larger and larger societies we became more profitable and more powerful. Only anarchists want to return to the days of the caveman

Only anarchists want to return to the days of the caveman

I can't speak for anarchists, but Libertarians don't want to return to the past. In fact, it's the observation that we are essentially returning to feudalism (in the guise of authoritarian corporatism) that prompts us to speak out.

Modern man is a collective

As we formed larger and larger societies we became more profitable and more powerful. Only anarchists want to return to the days of the caveman
Libertarianism is in essence reactionary and sophomoric, untenable in the modern industrialized West.

Seeking to compel conformity through the force of law violates the libertarian principle that we should leave others alone unless/until they trespass against the person or property of their fellow man. Thus it's not a libertarian position.

Libertarianism is in essence reactionary and sophomoric, untenable in the modern industrialized West.

Libertarians have led the charge to legalize gay marriage and end the drug war. We support privacy rights and we're radically opposed to the police state. How do YOU spell 'reactionary'?

The GOP establishment has nothing in common with Libertarians, but we Libertarians know the Ds are much worse.

The GOP has much in common with progressives, yet the progs hate the GOP.

Yes of small 'l' libertarianism, but not BIG 'L' Libertarianism, i.e. Randian Libertarianism or Objectivism which is what the hard core Libertarian leadership is composed of.

I will never forget the Libertarian Party meeting I attended where about a dozen people were there not counting myself. Twelve of us were Constitutionalist small 'l' libertarians, while the guy in charge was a Randian Objectivist who did not want anyone in the group if they wanted to keep Social Security.

That was when I realized even way back then, that Libertarians will never have power unless they engage in fraud to get it.

And they are.

Libertarians have led the charge to legalize gay marriage and end the drug war. We support privacy rights and we're radically opposed to the police state. How do YOU spell 'reactionary'?

'Gay rights' and use of the term reactionary are pretty much give aways; useful tool.

Libertarians are social Marxists with a veneer of libertarianism on their political rhetoric.

'Gay rights' and use of the term reactionary are pretty much give aways; useful tool.

Libertarians are social Marxists with a veneer of libertarianism on their political rhetoric.

??? Where are you getting this shit?

I will never forget the Libertarian Party meeting I attended where about a dozen people were there not counting myself. Twelve of us were Constitutionalist small 'l' libertarians, while the guy in charge was a Randian Objectivist who did not want anyone in the group if they wanted to keep Social Security.

That was when I realized even way back then, that Libertarians will never have power unless they engage in fraud to get it.

And they are.

So your sample size is one guy, 'way back then'. You're quite the social scientist.

Seeking to compel conformity through the force of law violates the libertarian principle that we should leave others alone unless/until they trespass against the person or property of their fellow man. Thus it's not a libertarian position.

There is a huge distinction between compelling conformity and having the public define what is acceptable in public behavior.

Yes, I support having a third bathroom available for transgender people instead of having mutilated males go into a womans restroom, but segregating the genders in restrooms is an example of forcing people to conform to the expectations of others. If you want to mutilate yourself, that is your twisted preference, but dont compel the rest of us to be exposed to your perversions.

Hence Libertarianism is actually at war with Conservatism, not an ally of it or version of it.

Forum List

Back