How Far Back In American History Are Blacks Allowed To Go Back?

I’d absolutely fire an employee if they spoke like that. Easy decision

Ok. So we're not talking just reparations then. In addition to reparations there's punishment for the malefactors. This is all about getting even, not just in opportunity but in pay-backs.
The more you post the more I’m thinking you are just not intellectually there. We were talking about reparations but you brought up firing somebody because they used the N word. That’s a completely different subject

It's not different subject. It's exactly the same subject and I explained why. The OP is talking about reparations for past real or imagined grievances. The natural companion to that is punishment for the offenders. And that is exactly what we're seeing. I think these people expounding for reparations need to be more honest about their demands.

You've set your standard. The punishment for uttering the word "******" is your lifetime earnings. Perhaps a million dollars or more. Is that a fair sanction?
You can hire the N word guy and have a great relationship with him. Personally I don’t want people like that working for me and representing my business. That my right. It has nothing to do with reparations. His lifetime earnings are not taken away when he is fired for acting inappropriately

Only a substantial portion of his lifetime earnings then. Maybe he can become a greeter or a parking attendant. But he won't be a sheriff's deputy anymore and certainly has lost his upward mobility in that career field.
Right and as a police officer he shouldn’t be using the N word. He also shouldn’t sexually harass women, show up to work drunk or do a hundred other things that qualifies as inappropriate in most work places.

We have people going back thousands of years, a thousand years, several hundred years, five hundred years a couple of hundred years, and a hundred years. But no words on the people living who have experienced denial through slavery. It is exist today for white males. As it has existed from the early 1970's to now. You are not fooling anyone. You are in power. You rule the roost. And you are incredible ph uk ups. You can not let go that there are some people better then you in many fields of endevour. Just like they are not as good also in fields. Your selfishness is boorish. And it seems your ceiling has been reached because you live off of racial accusations with some being founded while the ones you do are smoothed over. Consequently in high tech industries we are being hammered for sloppy work and fixes to the point we can not compete or it raises the costs to insane levels. So keep denying white males the opportunities to be a higher percentage of the best in important fields of employment. Changig the rules to mediocrity is not going to fix anythig. You can see nations in Africa who have done just that. South Africa went from apartheid to a nation on the brink of mass foundation breakdown and eventually starvation will come. You can call me names, but that is the truth. You can't eat pride.
Yeah, you're right.

The white man just can't seem to catch a break in this country.

He has nothing to complain about. I reject the notion that he’s being held down because of his skin color.
How in the world could you know what his experiences have been and what he has to complain or not complain about?

I not talking about what he perceives as grievances that he has on a personal level, he’s constantly telling us blacks in general are being held down in this country because of white racism. I reject that. Also he’s patently dishonest, so if he were to talk about his personal mistreatment, I would take that with a mountain of salt.
Well he is black in American and you are not, so perhaps you should listen a little better. His opinions are shaped from his reality and yours from yours. I’d think he has a better/different understanding of racial issues in America than you. You should seek better understanding of that which you have not been exposed to before passing judgement of its validity

I soundly reject that. He doesn’t speak for anyone but himself. He doesn’t speak for blacks. Just because I’m white doesn’t mean I should accept his general views on racism on account of him being black. I’m always open to listen, and I have listened to him, and frankly he’s not intelligent or honest. Even if SOME of what he’s parroting seems to be views of the majority blacks have doesn’t mean I have to buy in. Sometimes the minority views are more inline with the truth.
I never claimed he spoke for all blacks or that you need to blindly accept everything he says. I’m saying he has a perspective based on his personal experiences as we all do and his are different than yours. You will never know what it is like to be black in America. For some it is amazing and they find happiness and success. For others they struggle with obstacles and deficiencies that you will never be faced with. Those are worth a listen and I’d think any good hearted American would sympathize with the struggle and support fighting for change where possible .

You’re ignoring the FACT that we’re talking about a dishonest poster as evidence by this thread. Furthermore I do not subscribe your premise that the blacks that face hardships in this country are faced with them because of white racism.

Well he is black in American and you are not, so perhaps you should listen a little better. His opinions are shaped from his reality and yours from yours. I’d think he has a better/different understanding of racial issues in America than you. You should seek better understanding of that which you have not been exposed to before passing judgement of its validity

Um.........but from all outward appearances here, this guy is seeking to punish and penalize us for all offenses back to 1534 or thereabouts, whether real or imagined. Not only that you're telling us that his opinions are more valid than those of the evil white devils?
Is that how you view taxation and government spending... as punishments and penalties? The VA funding is a penalty? Come on

Stay on topic, Mr Dimwit. We're talking about reparations, not VA benefits.
we are talking about you calling government spending a punishment. The VA funding is tax payer funds same as what’s being proposed. Do you not see the relation?

I said no such thing. You're behaving like a moron.
You said exactly that unless you were referring to something different than reparations, which is what we were talking about....

And I quote you, “Um.........but from all outward appearances here, this guy is seeking to punish and penalize us for all offenses back to 1534 or thereabouts, whether real or imagined. ”

It's not different subject. It's exactly the same subject and I explained why. The OP is talking about reparations for past real or imagined grievances. The natural companion to that is punishment for the offenders. And that is exactly what we're seeing. I think these people expounding for reparations need to be more honest about their demands.

You've set your standard. The punishment for uttering the word "******" is your lifetime earnings. Perhaps a million dollars or more. Is that a fair sanction?
The OP was simply asking white rightwingers, when is the appropriate time for us to reflect back on. 10 years, 20, 30, 40, 100?

Since they keep telling blacks to stop living in the past. Or should blacks wipe out each previous day, week, month, year and live like that.

The other stuff are just side topics, including reparations, which you're falsely claiming that the OP is about.

How in the world could you know what his experiences have been and what he has to complain or not complain about?

I not talking about what he perceives as grievances that he has on a personal level, he’s constantly telling us blacks in general are being held down in this country because of white racism. I reject that. Also he’s patently dishonest, so if he were to talk about his personal mistreatment, I would take that with a mountain of salt.

I soundly reject that. He doesn’t speak for anyone but himself. He doesn’t speak for blacks. Just because I’m white doesn’t mean I should accept his general views on racism on account of him being black. I’m always open to listen, and I have listened to him, and frankly he’s not intelligent or honest. Even if SOME of what he’s parroting seems to be views of the majority blacks have doesn’t mean I have to buy in. Sometimes the minority views are more inline with the truth.
I never claimed he spoke for all blacks or that you need to blindly accept everything he says. I’m saying he has a perspective based on his personal experiences as we all do and his are different than yours. You will never know what it is like to be black in America. For some it is amazing and they find happiness and success. For others they struggle with obstacles and deficiencies that you will never be faced with. Those are worth a listen and I’d think any good hearted American would sympathize with the struggle and support fighting for change where possible .

You’re ignoring the FACT that we’re talking about a dishonest poster as evidence by this thread. Furthermore I do not subscribe your premise that the blacks that face hardships in this country are faced with them because of white racism.
Of course not all blacks but for those that do, what’s wrong with speaking out for change. What’s wrong with standing up with them to say racism is wrong? How is that hurting anything. You diminishing just puts us at odds and fuels division. Why even do that?

Ok. So we're not talking just reparations then. In addition to reparations there's punishment for the malefactors. This is all about getting even, not just in opportunity but in pay-backs.
The more you post the more I’m thinking you are just not intellectually there. We were talking about reparations but you brought up firing somebody because they used the N word. That’s a completely different subject

You can hire the N word guy and have a great relationship with him. Personally I don’t want people like that working for me and representing my business. That my right. It has nothing to do with reparations. His lifetime earnings are not taken away when he is fired for acting inappropriately

Only a substantial portion of his lifetime earnings then. Maybe he can become a greeter or a parking attendant. But he won't be a sheriff's deputy anymore and certainly has lost his upward mobility in that career field.
Right and as a police officer he shouldn’t be using the N word. He also shouldn’t sexually harass women, show up to work drunk or do a hundred other things that qualifies as inappropriate in most work places.

Ok. So when it comes to disciplining an employee, you would punish them not only for their infraction, but any number of possible infractions that he/she could possiibly commit. Sure, dipshit. That's fair.

Ok. So when it comes to disciplining an employee, you would punish them not only for their infraction, but any number of possible infractions that he/she could possiibly commit. Sure, dipshit. That's fair.
When did I say anything close to that? Im not going to play your low IQ games. You lost an argument so your making up shit that I didn’t say to argue against. Can you be any more transparent or weak?! Grow up

The OP was simply asking white rightwingers, when is the appropriate time for us to reflect back on. 10 years, 20, 30, 40, 100?

Since they keep telling blacks to stop living in the past. Or should blacks wipe out each previous day, week, month, year and live like that.

The other stuff are just side topics, including reparations, which you're falsely claiming that the OP is about.

The idiot who made the OP stated it was about reparations in another post he made. Maybe you missed it.

Of course not all blacks but for those that do, what’s wrong with speaking out for change. What’s wrong with standing up with them to say racism is wrong? How is that hurting anything. You diminishing just puts us at odds and fuels division. Why even do that?

I have no problem with anyone, whether that person be black or white or what have you, saying racism is wrong. I mean, you’re kind of engaging in straw man arguments

I've seen the sentiment of "stop looking back into the past" , "oh, you're only hampering yourself", "look forward, don't look back", "you're in chains", etc. etc. spewed on USMB by almost exclusively rightwing whites.

All I want to know is, what year is it OK to go back to? What date is the cut off for starting American history will make whites happy?

If you have the exact time as well, that would be a bonus.
It seems like you don’t like America.. why not move out?

deflection_explained.jpg

propertyLine.jpg

I've seen the sentiment of "stop looking back into the past" , "oh, you're only hampering yourself", "look forward, don't look back", "you're in chains", etc. etc. spewed on USMB by almost exclusively rightwing whites.

All I want to know is, what year is it OK to go back to? What date is the cut off for starting American history will make whites happy?

If you have the exact time as well, that would be a bonus.
Yes, I said eyes forward, no, I am not right wing. You should learn from history-not relive it. And no answer will make a white or anyone else happy-you have to make yourself happy. I have experienced minor racism and others ism's. It is not fun or fair. But at the end, I just tell myself I am better than they are because the same chains they tried to put me in, are the chains that will bind them to their own ism.

The idiot who made the OP stated it was about reparations in another post he made. Maybe you missed it.
You were just talking to the OP (MarcATL). I had a side topic going about reparations. You’re not the brightest bulb in the chandelier are ya?! Maybe think twice before you insult other people’s intelligence.

You were just talking to the OP (MarcATL). I had a side topic going about reparations. You’re not the brightest bulb in the chandelier are ya?! Maybe think twice before you insult other people’s intelligence.

This idiotic thread was about reparations from the OP, dumbshit. Everybody with a brain knows it.

I have no problem with anyone, whether that person be black or white or what have you, saying racism is wrong. I mean, you’re kind of engaging in straw man arguments
Touché, you have every right to disagree with a black person and that doesn’t mean you don’t stand up against racism. I wasn’t trying to imply that but I did start down that road so I’ll back it up.

This idiotic thread was about reparations from the OP, dumbshit. Everybody with a brain knows it.
Nevermind. You were talking to the OP when you referred to “the idiot who made the OP” that one went right over your head.

I've seen the sentiment of "stop looking back into the past" , "oh, you're only hampering yourself", "look forward, don't look back"...

My advice to you is to stop dwelling in the past and to stop wallowing in your misery. Life can be good, but it's what you make of it. If you're in a toxic situation, get out of it. You can do it. There is a LOT of bad shit out there, no doubt. Find the good in your world and focus on those things. I would add that, this message board is probably NOT good for you as you're focusing on the negatives. You're arguing with a bunch of anonymous people that don't care about you, nor you about them. Focus your energies on loving the people close to you - while you still can. God bless you.

Forum List

Back