How Far Back In American History Are Blacks Allowed To Go Back?

There's a deputy sheriff in Ft Worth under investigation for allegedly "saying the N-word". His job is at stake.

We're going to start destroying people's careers because they made an off-color comment? That's the kind of a silly grievance industry the OP is trying to create.
I’d absolutely fire an employee if they spoke like that. Easy decision

I've seen the sentiment of "stop looking back into the past" , "oh, you're only hampering yourself", "look forward, don't look back", "you're in chains", etc. etc. spewed on USMB by almost exclusively rightwing whites.

All I want to know is, what year is it OK to go back to? What date is the cut off for starting American history will make whites happy?

If you have the exact time as well, that would be a bonus.
Blacks making Whites happy? Hmmm. Can you say Masser?

He’s a drive by poster. And, yes, there’s no place on earth that treats minorities as well as America.
You don’t stand with his grievances because he is a drive by poster? That’s your answer? What exactly does that mean

He has nothing to complain about. I reject the notion that he’s being held down because of his skin color.
How in the world could you know what his experiences have been and what he has to complain or not complain about?

I not talking about what he perceives as grievances that he has on a personal level, he’s constantly telling us blacks in general are being held down in this country because of white racism. I reject that. Also he’s patently dishonest, so if he were to talk about his personal mistreatment, I would take that with a mountain of salt.
Well he is black in American and you are not, so perhaps you should listen a little better. His opinions are shaped from his reality and yours from yours. I’d think he has a better/different understanding of racial issues in America than you. You should seek better understanding of that which you have not been exposed to before passing judgement of its validity

I soundly reject that. He doesn’t speak for anyone but himself. He doesn’t speak for blacks. Just because I’m white doesn’t mean I should accept his general views on racism on account of him being black. I’m always open to listen, and I have listened to him, and frankly he’s not intelligent or honest. Even if SOME of what he’s parroting seems to be views of the majority blacks have doesn’t mean I have to buy in. Sometimes the minority views are more inline with the truth.

He has nothing to complain about. I reject the notion that he’s being held down because of his skin color.
How in the world could you know what his experiences have been and what he has to complain or not complain about?

Good point. So it's a personal thing then. Now we're getting somewhere. Maybe anyone who gets reparations should have to apply for it based on their personal grievance. Of course we'll have to include everyone who's ever been the victim of a crime. Does getting cut off in traffic count?
Come on now, you know better than that. Let’s stick to the topic and try to keep the conversation On a higher level

The OP said we should be giving out reparations. But he had no idea how to go about it. I'm exactly on the topic and trying to be helpful.
No you’re not and we both know it. Grow up

Oh, I promise. I'm treating the topic with all the seriousness it deserves.

There's a deputy sheriff in Ft Worth under investigation for allegedly "saying the N-word". His job is at stake.

We're going to start destroying people's careers because they made an off-color comment? That's the kind of a silly grievance industry the OP is trying to create.

Ok. So we're not talking just reparations then. In addition to reparations there's punishment for the malefactors. This is all about getting even, not just in opportunity but in pay-backs.

You don’t stand with his grievances because he is a drive by poster? That’s your answer? What exactly does that mean

I not talking about what he perceives as grievances that he has on a personal level, he’s constantly telling us blacks in general are being held down in this country because of white racism. I reject that. Also he’s patently dishonest, so if he were to talk about his personal mistreatment, I would take that with a mountain of salt.
Well he is black in American and you are not, so perhaps you should listen a little better. His opinions are shaped from his reality and yours from yours. I’d think he has a better/different understanding of racial issues in America than you. You should seek better understanding of that which you have not been exposed to before passing judgement of its validity

I soundly reject that. He doesn’t speak for anyone but himself. He doesn’t speak for blacks. Just because I’m white doesn’t mean I should accept his general views on racism on account of him being black. I’m always open to listen, and I have listened to him, and frankly he’s not intelligent or honest. Even if SOME of what he’s parroting seems to be views of the majority blacks have doesn’t mean I have to buy in. Sometimes the minority views are more inline with the truth.
I never claimed he spoke for all blacks or that you need to blindly accept everything he says. I’m saying he has a perspective based on his personal experiences as we all do and his are different than yours. You will never know what it is like to be black in America. For some it is amazing and they find happiness and success. For others they struggle with obstacles and deficiencies that you will never be faced with. Those are worth a listen and I’d think any good hearted American would sympathize with the struggle and support fighting for change where possible .

He’s a drive by poster. And, yes, there’s no place on earth that treats minorities as well as America.

Um.........but from all outward appearances here, this guy is seeking to punish and penalize us for all offenses back to 1534 or thereabouts, whether real or imagined. Not only that you're telling us that his opinions are more valid than those of the evil white devils?

See, this is exactly what I was trying to say... Mass incarcerations are results of RECENT bad law... Ask Joe Biden about that.. To go back and make comparisons to Jim Crow just waste time and energy. Because in the bigger picture -- these problems belong to ALL OF US... Like my bro-in-law with 9 months to live tossed into prison for 18 months for growing marijuana...

These are systemic failures of govt and justice that ALL of us share.. Not some deep dark virus re-emerging from the Dark Ages....
Are you currently an avid, or even sometimes, reader?

Where does it end? I understand YouTube has determined that the word "Mexican" is now a pejorative. Who makes these rules? Do we get to vote?

Ok. So we're not talking just reparations then. In addition to reparations there's punishment for the malefactors. This is all about getting even, not just in opportunity but in pay-backs.
The more you post the more I’m thinking you are just not intellectually there. We were talking about reparations but you brought up firing somebody because they used the N word. That’s a completely different subject

Let's get one thing strait:
  • THERE WILL NEVER BE NATIONAL REPARATIONS.
Why?
  • Because not only cannot the debt ever be repaid, but all it would do is inflame racial tension and division WORSE, not make anything better.
  • Obama showed plainly that the more you give, the more they want.
Reparations is merely an EXCUSE for looking back rather than moving forward.

It is merely a continued excuse for entrenched dependency with an eternal hand out rather than learning to stand on one's own feet.

Blacks need to GROW UP, move into the 21st century, and finally prove to the rest of the nation, they are truly CAPABLE of the autonomy and equality they keep telling us they want and are capable of in a modern society, because they can no longer claim anything is keeping them back but themselves.

Um.........but from all outward appearances here, this guy is seeking to punish and penalize us for all offenses back to 1534 or thereabouts, whether real or imagined. Not only that you're telling us that his opinions are more valid than those of the evil white devils?
Is that how you view taxation and government spending... as punishments and penalties? The VA funding is a penalty? Come on

Where does it end? I understand YouTube has determined that the word "Mexican" is now a pejorative. Who makes these rules? Do we get to vote?
you don’t get to vote how YouTube runs their business unless you’re a shareholder then you get a vote. As far as public policy of course you get a vote. That’s how the system works.

The more you post the more I’m thinking you are just not intellectually there. We were talking about reparations but you brought up firing somebody because they used the N word. That’s a completely different subject

It's not different subject. It's exactly the same subject and I explained why. The OP is talking about reparations for past real or imagined grievances. The natural companion to that is punishment for the offenders. And that is exactly what we're seeing. I think these people expounding for reparations need to be more honest about their demands.

You've set your standard. The punishment for uttering the word "******" is your lifetime earnings. Perhaps a million dollars or more. Is that a fair sanction?

Is that how you view taxation and government spending... as punishments and penalties? The VA funding is a penalty? Come on

Stay on topic, Mr Dimwit. We're talking about reparations, not VA benefits.

It's not different subject. It's exactly the same subject and I explained why. The OP is talking about reparations for past real or imagined grievances. The natural companion to that is punishment for the offenders. And that is exactly what we're seeing. I think these people expounding for reparations need to be more honest about their demands.

You've set your standard. The punishment for uttering the word "******" is your lifetime earnings. Perhaps a million dollars or more. Is that a fair sanction?
You can hire the N word guy and have a great relationship with him. Personally I don’t want people like that working for me and representing my business. That my right. It has nothing to do with reparations. His lifetime earnings are not taken away when he is fired for acting inappropriately

we are talking about you calling government spending a punishment. The VA funding is tax payer funds same as what’s being proposed. Do you not see the relation?

You can hire the N word guy and have a great relationship with him. Personally I don’t want people like that working for me and representing my business. That my right. It has nothing to do with reparations. His lifetime earnings are not taken away when he is fired for acting inappropriately

Only a substantial portion of his lifetime earnings then. Maybe he can become a greeter or a parking attendant. But he won't be a sheriff's deputy anymore and certainly has lost his upward mobility in that career field.

we are talking about you calling government spending a punishment. The VA funding is tax payer funds same as what’s being proposed. Do you not see the relation?

I said no such thing. You're behaving like a moron.

I've seen the sentiment of "stop looking back into the past" , "oh, you're only hampering yourself", "look forward, don't look back", "you're in chains", etc. etc. spewed on USMB by almost exclusively rightwing whites.

All I want to know is, what year is it OK to go back to? What date is the cut off for starting American history will make whites happy?

If you have the exact time as well, that would be a bonus.
We have people going back thousands of years, a thousand years, several hundred years, five hundred years a couple of hundred years, and a hundred years. But no words on the people living who have experienced denial through slavery. It is exist today for white males. As it has existed from the early 1970's to now. You are not fooling anyone. You are in power. You rule the roost. And you are incredible ph uk ups. You can not let go that there are some people better then you in many fields of endevour. Just like they are not as good also in fields. Your selfishness is boorish. And it seems your ceiling has been reached because you live off of racial accusations with some being founded while the ones you do are smoothed over. Consequently in high tech industries we are being hammered for sloppy work and fixes to the point we can not compete or it raises the costs to insane levels. So keep denying white males the opportunities to be a higher percentage of the best in important fields of employment. Changig the rules to mediocrity is not going to fix anythig. You can see nations in Africa who have done just that. South Africa went from apartheid to a nation on the brink of mass foundation breakdown and eventually starvation will come. You can call me names, but that is the truth. You can't eat pride.

Forum List

Back