How is Jesus the Messiah?

I know how MY lineage is traced. and jeshua was never of the line of david.

your religion does not constitute fact.
Mary, His mother, was of the line of David. That's a fact. And the Temple he referred to was Himself. Not the Jewish Temple. You're ignorance is just unbelievable.

my so-called ignorance? sorry, I don't believe in fake religions and stories made up by Constantine in the council of nicea.
TN doesn't believe in yours either.

He's not a big fan of sky daddy fairies.

His words, not mine.
I dont think i ever said. Not surprisingly, more dishonesty from you.
Do a search, TN.
I did :eusa_whistle:

Ok, then. If your position is that he did not meet anyone of the prophecies...

He rebuilt the temple in 3 days and he came from the line of David.

he never rebuilt the temple

and he wasn't of the line of david
Why do you say that? Don't you even know that the Jews trace their lineage through the mother? Such ignorance is inexcusable.

Mary, His mother, was of the line of David. That's a fact. And the Temple he referred to was Himself. Not the Jewish Temple. You're ignorance is just unbelievable.

my so-called ignorance? sorry, I don't believe in fake religions and stories made up by Constantine in the council of nicea.

by the by, ignorant twit:

According to Christian teachings, Jesus had only a human Jewish mother, and was not related to Joseph. A human Jewish father, however is essential for anyone to be a legitimate heir to the throne of David, which the real messiah will be.

With regard to your final question, Mary’s genealogy is completely irrelevant to Jesus’ supposed lineage to King David. For good reason, nowhere in the New Testament is Mary’s genealogy recorded. As mentioned above, matrilineal ancestry is irrelevant to tribe identification. Both the first chapter of Matthew and in the third chapter of Luke contain a putative genealogy of Joseph alone. Although these two genealogies completely contradict each other, neither suggests that Mary was a descendant of king of David. Joseph’s genealogy is irrelevant to Jesus because according to two out of four Gospels claim that Joseph was not Jesus’ father. The author of the Book of Mark, the earliest of the four Gospels, knows nothing of a virgin birth, and accordingly, begins his book with the baptism of Jesus. The Book of John contains no infancy narrative.

It should be noted that both Catholic and Protestant traditions hold that whereas Matthew’s genealogy is that of Joseph, Luke’s genealogy is of Mary. Although this tradition is nowhere to be found in the New Testament, it was a necessary doctrine for the Church to adopt.

Mary's Genealogy | Outreach Judaism
There you have. Mary's lineage is in Luke and shows to be from the line of King David. Thanks.

My 23 and me results said i came from the Jewish line that killed Jesus.

Romans?
Lol
No. There were just some of my line in rome at the time. I just say that to add some fireworks
I think they were the majority.. at least that is when they flourished.

my 23andme said I'm 99.9% Ashkenazi jew.... but my blood runs through Marie Antoinette. Not quite sure how that happened, but I was amused.

His words, not mine.
Do a search, TN.
So we're all three derogatory phrases not used at the same time.

Do you like to mix and match how you slur the beliefs of others?

he never rebuilt the temple

and he wasn't of the line of david
Why do you say that? Don't you even know that the Jews trace their lineage through the mother? Such ignorance is inexcusable.

According to Christian teachings, Jesus had only a human Jewish mother, and was not related to Joseph. A human Jewish father, however is essential for anyone to be a legitimate heir to the throne of David, which the real messiah will be.

With regard to your final question, Mary’s genealogy is completely irrelevant to Jesus’ supposed lineage to King David. For good reason, nowhere in the New Testament is Mary’s genealogy recorded. As mentioned above, matrilineal ancestry is irrelevant to tribe identification. Both the first chapter of Matthew and in the third chapter of Luke contain a putative genealogy of Joseph alone. Although these two genealogies completely contradict each other, neither suggests that Mary was a descendant of king of David. Joseph’s genealogy is irrelevant to Jesus because according to two out of four Gospels claim that Joseph was not Jesus’ father. The author of the Book of Mark, the earliest of the four Gospels, knows nothing of a virgin birth, and accordingly, begins his book with the baptism of Jesus. The Book of John contains no infancy narrative.

It should be noted that both Catholic and Protestant traditions hold that whereas Matthew’s genealogy is that of Joseph, Luke’s genealogy is of Mary. Although this tradition is nowhere to be found in the New Testament, it was a necessary doctrine for the Church to adopt.

There you have. Mary's lineage is in Luke and shows to be from the line of King David. Thanks.
One Gospel got it correct and the other didn’t get the text message.

My 23 and me results said i came from the Jewish line that killed Jesus.

Romans?
Lol
No. There were just some of my line in rome at the time. I just say that to add some fireworks
I think they were the majority.. at least that is when they flourished.

my 23andme said I'm 99.9% Ashkenazi jew.... but my blood runs through Marie Antoinette. Not quite sure how that happened, but I was amused.
All mine said was my great great great great great great great (or something) grandmother was full ashkenazi.

His words, not mine.

unlike you, I'm not trying to convince anyone to believe what I believe.

*Shrug*
You mean by defending my beliefs from attack?

You are right, you would never do that.

His words, not mine.
Do a search, TN.

You lied. More dishonesty.
Did you get raised like that? :rolleyes:

One Gospel got it correct and the other didn’t get the text message.
You got it right when you said one Gospel got it right.

Basically, ding is another person that came out on the bottom in this thread.
He said Jesus fulfilled two of the 20 or so prophecies. That is all he needs lol. He also said Jews have it wrong because of a time limit God set thousands of years ago.
Damn :dunno:

His words, not mine.
Do a search, TN.

You have referred to God in a post to me as a Sky Daddy.

His words, not mine.

unlike you, I'm not trying to convince anyone to believe what I believe.

*Shrug*
You mean by defending my beliefs from attack?

You are right, you would never do that.

your beliefs are your beliefs. the o/p asked a question. I think it was a legitimate one given that your idea of what happened is false anyway.

perhaps if you weren't trying to shove your beliefs down the rest of our throats, though, people wouldn't challenge those beliefs the same way.

see, I think what you believe is silly... as I pointed out. you can think my beliefs are silly... I don't really care as long as hate doesn't go along with your disbelief. I expect people who aren't hurting anyone else to believe what they want and I expect the same in return. it's really easy.

just saying.

He said Jesus fulfilled two of the 20 or so prophecies. That is all he needs lol. He also said Jews have it wrong because of a time limit God set thousands of years ago.

I don't recall any time limit in the torah. :dunno:

and if there were, who says G-d operates by the same measure as we do.

No. I am 2 for 2, TN.

I have not come to bat yet on the others.

Do a search, TN.

You have referred to God in a post to me as a Sky Daddy.
Nope. Try again. You are confusing me with someone else

No. I am 2 for 2, TN.

I have not come to bat yet on the others.

Bless your heart

Forum List

Back