How is this Fair? 64% of DC Residents Would Find Trump Guilty Before a Trial Even Begins

Says the willfully ignorant, woefully unaware that she just proved the point.

I'm not an American, so I'm not a potential member of the jury pool, and I'm entitled to my opinion.

I watched the man do everything he's been charged with on television while being locked down during the covid pandemic. It's not like he committed any of his crimes in secret. He was brazenly open about what he was doing. And he's confessed to everything since he was charged.

I can't believe he wasn't arrested the moment the insurrection was over with, and isn't sitting in some prison somewhere.

The trial must be moved to a neutral area where the patriotic beloved president can get a fair trial. Trump will not be getting a jury of his peers as it stands right now.

A Washington DC jury will just ignore the evidence because of their hatred for Trump.

The trial must be moved to a neutral area where the patriotic beloved president can get a fair trial. Trump will not be getting a jury of his peers as it stands right now.

MAGA Macho Man, it's no matter if Emerson College Polling's public opinion polls are reputed to be among the most credible, or among polls conducted by organizations of lesser reputes. Let's suppose the poll your link refers to actually the most credible poll that ever was or will be conducted among Washington DC residents. Let's suppose that Emerson College Polling could and did somehow limit their polling to persons that may actually be among the data bases from which jurors for the federal courts are selected.

I lived in NY County (which is more generally referred to as Manhattan). Within Manhattan there are county, city, state, and federal courts. Manhattan residents are, more often than any other NY state residents, called for jury duty. I suppose it's somewhat similar to Washington D.C. I believe NY they may have improved the system since my times; Cell phones should have made a difference. I'm aware NJ they require fewer potential jurors to actually travel to the court houses, if they'll agree to do so upon a 1 day's notice.

In my times, waiting rooms were filled each Monday with sufficient potential jurors to provide more than enough for the trials to begin that week. When a court called for, they sent us, (I think it was as a herd of about 2 dozen persons), down to a court.

The“voir dire” process began by randomly choosing a number of us, I believe it may have been 11 plus 4 alternates to fill all of the seats in the jury box. The judge, the defending and prosecuting attorneys question each of those 15 people in turn. If they for whatever reason reject someone, the rejectee returns to the waiting room upstairs, all others in the jury box moved up 1 seat, and and another person is selected from the herd to fill the empty jury seat. The final survivors of the “voir dire” process were than sworn in. If the case was a criminal case, (as trump's federal and Georgia will be), the jurors were given to understand that unless guilt's proven to them beyond any reasonable doubt, they cannot vote for guilty.

Itis only such sworn-in jurors, not the statistical consequences of an Emerson College Polling's public opinion poll, that can determine Trump's guilt. Respectfully, Supposn

Why wouldn't they think Trump is guilty? Look at his behavior the past 7 years. People aren't stupid.
You are.

You'd piss away $2 gas for the entire country just because you have a stick up your butt.

That's very damn stupid.

If they can not judge without their own feelings of thoughts getting in the way, they will not be chosen....

it could take weeks, even months.... to pick a jury in such a contentious trial....

“Die for Trump”?

Whether or not Trump is the nominee, the thing worth dying for is bigger than any one man. Our freedoms, our Liberty, our Sovereignty….These are the things worth dying for….

freedom and liberty i agree. one reason we oppose the orange authoritarian,

sovereignty. ehhb, fine, but within alliances andworld organizations, another good reason to oppose "america first" isolationism.

So you admit Trump won't get a fair trial.
oh he will...12 out of 12 jurors has to convict him.

ONLY 1 out of 12 jurors voting not guilty, sets him free....

it's a more than fair system, for the most part....

selecting the jury, is also a complicated process...in trying to get jurists that can vote, based on facts presented in the trial only.....

selecting the jury, is also a complicated process...in trying to get jurists that can vote, based on facts presented in the trial only.....

i'm more worried about that 36% who will vote "not guilty" if i watch him shoots someone on 5th ave.

i'm more worried about that 36% who will vote "not guilty" if i watch him shoots someone on 5th ave.
me too.

but that is the prosecutor's job when selecting jurors, and the defendant's lawyers to keep others that would convict on feelings not evidence off the jury, with the Judge's final say.

I've served on juries.... It's an overwhelming responsibility that this person's life is in your hands, you really do pay attention to everything in the trial, so that you make the right, fair, and just decision.

me too.

but that is the prosecutor's job when selecting jurors, and the defendant's lawyers to keep others that would convict on feelings not evidence off the jury, with the Judge's final say.

I've served on juries.... It's an overwhelming responsibility that this person's life is in your hands, you really do pay attention to everything in the trial, so that you make the right, fair, and just decision.
my longest trial as a juror lasted 5 days and i did my duty.

8 months is am awful chunk out of 12 normal peoples lives, especially with the constant death threats and extortion attempts and other trump inspired nonsense. we need to make it good.

my longest trial as a juror lasted 5 days and i did my duty.

8 months is am awful chunk out of 12 normal peoples lives, especially with the constant death threats and extortion attempts and other trump inspired nonsense. we need to make it good.
We do need justice served!

(Uncertain for you but for me, as a religious person, all I can do is pray, pray, and pray,
at this point... it is out of my hands....) :eek:

We do need justice served!

(Uncertain for you but for me, as a religious person, all I can do is pray, pray, and pray,
at this point... it is out of my hands....) :eek:
i am not much of a prayer, but when i got cancer all the neighbor ladies were praying for me. it could not have hurt.

It is not a fair system unless you move the trial out of Washington DC with an impatial judge and fair jury.

Forum List

Back