How is this Fair? 64% of DC Residents Would Find Trump Guilty Before a Trial Even Begins

Protests are one thing, even massive ones like Jan 6th. Riots are another again like Jan 6th or Kenosha. Protests are a protected freedom, riots are criminal activity; anyone committing violence in the name of "protest" is a terrorist by definition and needs to be punished harshly. Here in Phoenix during the Floyd protests some protestors were arrested and the DA and police tried to gin up a case that they were gangbangers/BLA. When objectively investigated by other entities, it was found to be false. That's what happened on Jan 6th there were a few, perhaps even one or two hundred actual violent rioters, they should have been punished severely. The other people who were taking selfies and not doing any damage should have had their wrists slapped and sent home.

You brought up Vietnam, the fact that most of the rioters during those months long protests/riots were never punished is the direct cause that liberals think they can do anything in the name of protest and get away with it.
Protest is protest
It is a right

Violent protest is criminal and should be punished

The trial must be moved to a neutral area where the patriotic beloved president can get a fair trial. Trump will not be getting a jury of his peers as it stands right now.

I would say they are low balling that number

The trial must be moved to a neutral area where the patriotic beloved president can get a fair trial. Trump will not be getting a jury of his peers as it stands right now.

MAGA Macho Man, regardless of Washington DC residents' public opinions, it will be 11 sworn-in jurors, rather than "nearly two-thirds of Washington DC residents", that will determine if ex-president Donald Trump is guilty of the crimes he's been indicted for. They'll be directed that unless they believe he's been "PROVED guilty beyond any reasonable doubt", they must not judge him as guilty.

I'm responding to you as I responded within another discussion thread, to a poster expressing reservations similar to yours:
... My experiences and my opinions were formed while serving on juries in NY City. I've never believed New Yorkers' characters are particularly superior or inferior to those of any other city or state in the nation.

It seems to me that thieves think most everyone else is also dishonest. That leads me to speculate that persons believing that everyone of a court's 11 sworn in jurors, (regardless of the case or where in America they're serving), would all likely betray their oaths, are themselves likely to be untrusty.
For your sake, I hope I'm wrong; but if you ever should be judged by others, you'd do better if the character of the jury were not similar to your own character.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back