How many active duty, retired and aspiring cops are there? Will any of them vote Democrat?

By condemning those who are leading the way to reform. He's also lead it by gassing peaceful protesters.

I don't see anyone coming up with any meaningful reform. I see people who want to see crime run rampant clear the way for that to happen by punishing police as a whole. They don't want to weed out bad cops. They want to punish all cops because they don't like the fact they even exist.

I don't see anyone coming up with any meaningful reform. I see people who want to see crime run rampant clear the way for that to happen by punishing police as a whole. They don't want to weed out bad cops. They want to punish all cops because they don't like the fact they even exist.

We have greatly increased the use of body camera's. We have ended the use of chokeholds in many places. Officers are being held accountable for things they wouldn't have a few years ago.

You see this as harming good officers?

Defund is saying we will dismantle the union infrastructure that protects bad cops at all costs. If the officers want to keep their unions they could step up and call for reform also. Are they? Or do they want to keep the agreements and practices in place that protect bad officers?

For years, the line from the Left has been, that cops just murder black males and expect to get away with it, AND, just arrest black males for being black, to explain away the high black incarceration rate.

DEFUND THE POLICE makes no mention of "police unions". INdeed, you are the first lefty I've heard say that. THe others that have tired walking it back, mentions militarization and/or just too much money taking money from social service needed to reduce crime.

DEFUND THE POLICE, means no money for police, thus no police. IF that was not the intent of the people that coined the phrase, then they are morons who don't know how to talk. Regardless, that is the meaning of the words that have become a battle cry.

AND, if you really believe all the bad shit you have been saying cops, breaking the unions is not nearly enough. If they are really a murderous enslaving RACIST occupation force, then DEFUND THE POLICE makes more sense than breaking unions.

Local militias WOULD make more sense in that fantasy world of yours.

BUt on some level, you know it is all bullshit. So you want to be able to use the rhetoric, to fire up your minority allies, but don't want to actually follow though with actual policies, to address the shit you made up, because, the solutions will put you in personal danger.

Shit is about to get real. At least in minneapolis.

And anywhere else the lefties try to walk the walk to back up their years of talk.

We have greatly increased the use of body camera's. We have ended the use of chokeholds in many places. Officers are being held accountable for things they wouldn't have a few years ago.

You see this as harming good officers?

Body cameras are a cops best friend.

Our department instituted them department wide a year ago. They have a tendency to corroborate a cop's version of an event and have got a lot of police complaints thrown out before they get very far.

Also, crooks being, as a general rule, not very bright, they have a tendency to blurt out full confessions on camera. Courts love that kind of evidence.

For years, the line from the Left has been, that cops just murder black males and expect to get away with it, AND, just arrest black males for being black, to explain away the high black incarceration rate.

Philandro Castillo was pulled over for having a "wide set nose" and was shot and killed for trying to obey the instructions the officer gave him.

DEFUND THE POLICE makes no mention of "police unions". INdeed, you are the first lefty I've heard say that. THe others that have tired walking it back, mentions militarization and/or just too much money taking money from social service needed to reduce crime.

It can be that also but you can't get rid of the union without disbanding the force first.

DEFUND THE POLICE, means no money for police, thus no police. IF that was not the intent of the people that coined the phrase, then they are morons who don't know how to talk. Regardless, that is the meaning of the words that have become a battle cry.

AND, if you really believe all the bad shit you have been saying cops, breaking the unions is not nearly enough. If they are really a murderous enslaving RACIST occupation force, then DEFUND THE POLICE makes more sense than breaking unions.

BUt on some level, you know it is all bullshit. So you want to be able to use the rhetoric, to fire up your minority allies, but don't want to actually follow though with actual policies, to address the shit you made up, because, the solutions will put you in personal danger.

And anywhere else the lefties try to walk the walk to back up their years of talk.

Some are indeed really bad people. If you read you will see where another has to go to prison because he made the decision to protect the bad officer as opposed to turning him in.

Ex-officer in Hawaii sentenced for making man lick urinal

Our department instituted them department wide a year ago. They have a tendency to corroborate a cop's version of an event and have got a lot of police complaints thrown out before they get very far.

Also, crooks being, as a general rule, not very bright, they have a tendency to blurt out full confessions on camera. Courts love that kind of evidence.

They can be. Which makes no sense why some police forces are still fighting against it.

I would never support any move to impact a police union. If every other industry in the country is allowed to unionize, there is no justification or precedent to dismantle a police union.

Police unions are a police officer's last line of legal defense when a politically motivated witch hunt wants to throw him to the mob.

Don't know the case, wasn't there. But, if the ex-officer was sentenced, I would think you have to admit that justice was served and the system works.

It's starting to. Some people aren't happy about that.

Retired, rural, Texas deputy sheriff. Trump and Biden can both get fucked. Trump used to be humorous because of the apoplectic fits that he drove the lefties and beltway GOPers into, but then he joined them.

Last edited:
I would never support any move to impact a police union. If every other industry in the country is allowed to unionize, there is no justification or precedent to dismantle a police union.

Police unions are a police officer's last line of legal defense when a politically motivated witch hunt wants to throw him to the mob.

If those other unions work to defend a murderer or rapist, then I say let's work to disband them also.

They can be. Which makes no sense why some police forces are still fighting against it.

Actually, you know the largest impediment to deploying body cams? Money.

Each video file on a body worn camera is several hundred megabytes and for legal reasons, these have to be stored for decades in some cases.

The storage costs alone for body worn cameras can go into the millions.

Defunding police will only postpone the roll out of body worn cameras to police.

If those other unions work to defend a murderer or rapist, then I say let's work to disband them also.

No one can be called a murderer or a rapist until convicted in court. Until then, they are accused. Every accused person deserves legal representation... even a cop.

I've been hearing from law enforcement, that defense lawyers, that thought body cams would give them shit to work with, have been having a harsh learning experience.

I've been hearing from law enforcement, that defense lawyers, that thought body cams would give them shit to work with, have been having a harsh learning experience.

Defense lawyers, judges, and prosecutors only seen criminals after they've sobered up, calmed down, showered and put on a clean suit.

They don't see them when they're hitting, kicking, spitting on cops. With body cams, they get to see their little choir boys clients in true form.

Actually, you know the largest impediment to deploying body cams? Money.

Each video file on a body worn camera is several hundred megabytes and for legal reasons, these have to be stored for decades in some cases.

The storage costs alone for body worn cameras can go into the millions.

Defunding police will only postpone the roll out of body worn cameras to police.

Defunding means they don't get military weapons but get body camera's instead.

No one can be called a murderer or a rapist until convicted in court. Until then, they are accused. Every accused person deserves legal representation... even a cop.

Timothy Loehman was proven in court to have lied but the union still fought to get him reinstated.

Defunding means they don't get military weapons but get body camera's instead.

Boy, you really don't know how bureaucracy works, do you?

When budgets are cut, the first thing that is thrown out is any new project.

I envy your lack of experience with it.

Forum List

Back