How many active duty, retired and aspiring cops are there? Will any of them vote Democrat?

Timothy Loehman was proven in court to have lied but the union still fought to get him reinstated.

A legal representative's job. A police officer is entitled to the same protections as any private citizen.

Philandro Castillo was pulled over for having a "wide set nose" and was shot and killed for trying to obey the instructions the officer gave him.

It can be that also but you can't get rid of the union without disbanding the force first.

Some are indeed really bad people. If you read you will see where another has to go to prison because he made the decision to protect the bad officer as opposed to turning him in.

Ex-officer in Hawaii sentenced for making man lick urinal

Thank you for supporting my points, with your examples of bad cops, as though that represents them all, specifically as it was in the context of me stating that you libs assigned that behavior to cops as a group.

So, in light of your response, the point of the op is demonstrated.

Your side is throwing cops, as a group, under the bus and any cop that is not self destructive, and any of their families, should be voting against you people.

Boy, you really don't know how bureaucracy works, do you?

When budgets are cut, the first thing that is thrown out is any new project.

I envy your lack of experience with it.

Body camera's will be funded and we will get laws passed that any officer that turns theirs off gets fired.

Body camera's will be funded and we will get laws passed that any officer that turns theirs off gets fired.

Actually, that's not how cameras work. The cameras are turned off by default. A police officer is required to activate them when he encounters a member of the public if he deems necessary. If a tourist approaches you to ask directions, you typically don't activate the camera. If you do a traffic stop, a door knock, or believe you may have to arrest, you active the camera.

The camera keeps 30 seconds of video (no audio) before activation. The audio can be muted by the officer at any time in order to have a private conversation. Body cameras are then turned off after the encounter. Police are not obligated to turn off recording at the request of the public.

At the end of each shift, the files are uploaded from the camera and stored offsite.

Audits are regularly done to match the number of recorded files with the number of jobs that police officer has attended and officers found to not be activating their cameras on a regular basis can be disciplined.

Having worked for news agencies in the past, I can attest that reporters don't often know their butt from a hot rock.

An incident in my own department in the news was about an officer who was accused of using tape to cover his camera lens. In fact, the tape was the ID number of the camera placed on the activation button, not the lens.

The reporter believed the flashing button was the lens.

They probably failed to turn their cameras on in the first place. Or, when already activated, turned them off before the incident was concluded.

No it isn't. It's up to the employer. The employer fired him. The union tried to get him reinstated.

That's a union's job, if they believe there is a case for wrongful dismissal.

That's what all unions do.

Having worked for news agencies in the past, I can attest that reporters don't often know their butt from a hot rock.

An incident in my own department in the news was about an officer who was accused of using tape to cover his camera lens. In fact, the tape was the ID number of the camera placed on the activation button, not the lens.

The reporter believed the flashing button was the lens.

They probably failed to turn their cameras on in the first place. Or, when already activated, turned them off before the incident was concluded.

You said they can't turn them off themselves. I can post many articles noting the same thing. That's why we will get laws passed.

And they didn't believe lying was a case for dismissal. That's why people are working to defund unions. A police officer caught lying should be an automatic dismissal.

You said they can't turn them off themselves. I can post many articles noting the same thing. That's why we will get laws passed.

No, I was very clear, the camera on and off is controlled by the officer.

The cost of continuous recording would be prohibitive. Because of the cost of storage.

There are lots of bad cops out there. We know this to be true. Anyone who has had involvement with cops, knows this. It’s been true for decades. My guess is the kind of person who wants to be a cop, is often a thug. Of course, we do need cops who are tough and capable of dealing with hardened criminals.

It’s a catch-22.

There are lots of bad cops out there. We know this to be true.

I know no such thing. I've never worked with one.

I suspect by 'bad cop' you mean the cop that gave you at ticket for speeding.

Forum List

Back