How Many Christians Believe that Heaven is REALLY Real?

Do you believe that Heave is REALLY Real?

• Yes, it is as real as Pluto

Votes: 17 51.5%
  • No, Heaven is a metaphore

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • No, Heaven is a lie

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Dunno

Votes: 6 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would think that, for those who believe in a heaven, or an afterlife as it were, the fear of death would be greatly diminished. Especially for those who are certain...

Naw ... bruce is right. On all points.

Fear is what drives all religion. Fear that is so strong, so overpowering that believers are able to put aside all intelligence and logic to believe in magic sky fairies, an invisible heaven and lots of different magical powers given to everyday objects and substances.

That fear is so powerful, they're willing to forgive and excuse the worst from their gods.

**shrug**

Whatever gets them through those long dark nights.

How would you know what drives all religion?

Oh that's right, you don't. Just more liberal bullshit spewing from your pie hole.

Congratulations.

You just proved bruce's words to be true.

Saw a good movie last night named 'Heaven is Real' and one of the things I had forgotten but it reminded me of was the prevalence of people in main stream Protestantism that do not believe in a literal Heaven.

So I thought I would put the question out there for this board; How many of you believe that Heave is REALLY Real?

I want to see it. Do you think it will persuade others who don't believe in heaven right now that there really is one? They say it's a true story.

Most believers are highly invested in the idea of heaven as their faith is rooted in their fear of death and the unknown.
So many will cite their joy of having eternal life at the center of their belief. You often see it repeated on these threads, even in the midst of a post riddled with profanity and unchecked hatred of their challengers. The disconnect with the Message with the exception of believing they get to live forever is shocking, but it illuminates the base reason for their faith.
Fear.

I would think that, for those who believe in a heaven, or an afterlife as it were, the fear of death would be greatly diminished. Especially for those who are certain...

Very good. This is the meaning of the scripture which states the fearlessness of the believer is a sign of our salvation whereas the fearfulness of the unbeliever is a sign of their perdition. It is not normal for a Christian to be in fear. That is the state of the world. Not the believer. We know the greatness of our God and the end of this story. There is nothing to fear.

Saw a good movie last night named 'Heaven is Real' and one of the things I had forgotten but it reminded me of was the prevalence of people in main stream Protestantism that do not believe in a literal Heaven.

So I thought I would put the question out there for this board; How many of you believe that Heave is REALLY Real?

I want to see it. Do you think it will persuade others who don't believe in heaven right now that there really is one? They say it's a true story.

I want to see the movie too, Sarah. I believe his story is true and the facts such as knowing what his parents were doing when he wasn't there - it could not be explained otherwise. He saw heaven! He's not the first either. I remember Roberts Liardon's story about seeing heaven at 8 yrs old and it was very powerful.

Most believers are highly invested in the idea of heaven as their faith is rooted in their fear of death and the unknown.
So many will cite their joy of having eternal life at the center of their belief. You often see it repeated on these threads, even in the midst of a post riddled with profanity and unchecked hatred of their challengers. The disconnect with the Message with the exception of believing they get to live forever is shocking, but it illuminates the base reason for their faith.
Fear.

If that was your experience from your former church, Bruce, I can understand why you are no longer in the ministry. It must have been very exhausting to serve God out of fear.

I have never served him out of fear so I do not know what that is like. I would strongly recommend that anyone who feels like they are being controlled by fear to get out from under it. Church, work place, home, whatever....... control by fear or intimidation is a wicked thing..it has absolutely zero to do with true christianity.

Fear is what drives all religion. Fear that is so strong, so overpowering that believers are able to put aside all intelligence and logic to believe in magic sky fairies, an invisible heaven and lots of different magical powers given to everyday objects and substances.

That fear is so powerful, they're willing to forgive and excuse the worst from their gods.

**shrug**

Oh that's right, you don't. Just more liberal bullshit spewing from your pie hole.

Congratulations.

Really?

He stated fear is what makes people believe in Heaven. You agreed with him. I said you were full of shit and I pretty much said the same to Bruce. So how does my saying you're full of shit prove he's right?

Truth is, you do not know what drives any religion.

Jim, I have never heard of a protestant that didn't believe heaven was real or that the bible wasn't to be taken literally. What denomination is that?

Basically the Episcopalians, Congregationalists, Unitarians and any of the sectarian splinters off from the Anglican Church.

Fear.

Your understanding of Christianity is pitifully ignorant and biased.

Get your religion studies at a Marxist summer camp? lol

How Many Christians Believe that Heaven is REALLY Real?

BTW, your poll asks if "you" believe but your subject line says "Christian" so I think I shouldn't vote.

The op is only asking Protestants. So I think I shouldn't vote as well.

No, just Christians. IF you are Christian then the question is also directed at you.

So far about 25% of the responses say Heaven is a lie, but how many of those are atheistic morons who cant follow a simple suggestion?

Jim, I have never heard of a protestant that didn't believe heaven was real or that the bible wasn't to be taken literally. What denomination is that?

Basically the Episcopalians, Congregationalists, Unitarians and any of the sectarian splinters off from the Anglican Church.

Are you saying that "Episcopalians, Congregationalists, Unitarians and any of the sectarian splinters off from the Anglican Church" DO or DO NOT believe there is an actual, physical place that IS heaven?

BTW, your poll asks if "you" believe but your subject line says "Christian" so I think I shouldn't vote.

The op is only asking Protestants. So I think I shouldn't vote as well.

No, just Christians. IF you are Christian then the question is also directed at you.

So far about 25% of the responses say Heaven is a lie, but how many of those are atheistic morons who cant follow a simple suggestion?

This is another example of why I don't usually bother trying to actually converse with "christians".

Fear.

Yeah, which is why Christianity teaches about the transcending power of God's Love, His forgiveness and why Christianity has long emphasized forgiveness and repentance.

You are a jack ass imbecile.

**shrug**

Congratulations.

Stupidity has eaten you up, jack ass.

Bruce said nothing of the kind.

Welcome to my ignore list, you lying sack of shyte.

It will persuade some, repel others, and raise more questions for most people, like most things do that are done well, IMO.

It was a great movie IMO.

Fear.

If that was your experience from your former church, Bruce, I can understand why you are no longer in the ministry. It must have been very exhausting to serve God out of fear.

I have never served him out of fear so I do not know what that is like. I would strongly recommend that anyone who feels like they are being controlled by fear to get out from under it. Church, work place, home, whatever....... control by fear or intimidation is a wicked thing..it has absolutely zero to do with true christianity.

Bruce sounds like a troll, so don't be shocked if he is a waste of time.

Congratulations.

Really?

He stated fear is what makes people believe in Heaven. You agreed with him. I said you were full of shit and I pretty much said the same to Bruce. So how does my saying you're full of shit prove he's right?

Truth is, you do not know what drives any religion.

Exactly and nor does he want to know anything.

Whatever he thinks he gets from being such an ass is his business but I have wasted far too much time on him already.

Are you saying that "Episcopalians, Congregationalists, Unitarians and any of the sectarian splinters off from the Anglican Church" DO or DO NOT believe there is an actual, physical place that IS heaven?

The answer was not directed at you, liar, so fuck off.

Forum List

Back