How many democrats own guns?

[

no there is much talk coming from the left on banning certain firearms

replacing SC judges

plus there has already been confiscations in this country

In addition to the Left's hateful war on the NRA, which is a grassroots Constitutional rights protection lobby, and the largest gun safety organization in the world.

In addition they filthy Libtards have blatantly said that gun owners are potential terrorists, which is one of the most stupid things that ever spewed out of the mouths of the Moon Bats.

[

and the mental health system won't lock up the dangerously mentally ill

hell they wont even get them on the no sale background check

A couple of months ago the Republicans introduced a bill that would have significantly strengthened the reporting of mental health problems into the NICS system in addition to providing more funding for the background check system but the stupid Democrats voted it down.

So when these dumbass Moon Bats (who elect Democrats) tell you they are in favor of keeping firearms out of the hands of the mentally ill they are lying to you.

There is no way that the only gun owners in this country are republicans. There is just to many guns being sold right now for that to be true so I wonder how many democrats feel comfortable with strict gun laws? Some of these laws are so tough that it makes it impossible to even buy one in some states (California). Do you feel comfortable with that and/or do you feel comfortable with a complete gun ban that many other 'liberals' want. I myself own a lot of guns and was able to get them with little ease (background check). I really didn't like the background check but it appears that most polls seem to think this is OK. I'm wondering how many of you secretly wish you didn't have to go through the hassle of a background check?

The polls on universal background checks are useless...the people responding are uninformed on what universal background checks are for, and why the anti gunners are pushing them so hard.....,
On the contrary, we know exactly what they are. As do most people. The domination of the politicians by the NRA is at an end. The nonsense you and they spew is now falling on deaf ears, and in many races the endorsement of the NRA may even be toxic.

You fools have had your day. You said putting millions of guns out on the street was going to make us all so much safer. Hasn't turned out that way. And the voters will be making their dissatisfaction known at the polling places.

Yes......ethnic cleansing, mass murder and genocide....they only happen to unarmed people....

And yes ....we are much safer ...actual facts show it.....more guns in the hands of more Americans and our gun murder rate has gone down.........if you aren't a criminal engaged in criminal activity your chances of being shot are just about zero in this country.......

Honest answer is I inherited my guns and wanted to do the responsible thing, I like the insurance perks from the NRA but am having a hard time with the propaganda that I mentioned. While I appreciate the fight for preserving the second amendment, I dont like the distortion and manipulation of the facts. I'm most likely going to cancel my membership

What distortion of the facts?......please list them.....
The simple implication embedded in most of their messages that the evil Left is trying to take away our right to own guns and abolish the second amendment. Its completely overblown

i dont find that over blown at all
It's not real. They are instilling fear and playing y'all like puppets.

replacing SC judges

Yes banning weapons and tools that facilitate mass destruction in small amounts at time is completely different than banning all guns. It why citizens are driving armed tanks to work and protecting their houses with land mines.

I live in California, don't really subscribe to a political party but my views are mostly liberal with a touch of conservatism when it comes to government spending... I own 14 guns and don't have a problem with most the gun control measures that have been proposed. Got no need for semi auto assault riffles or high capacity mags. Wouldn't be thrilled about registration or bg checking a private sale but I'm not going to cry about it either.

The NRA which I'm a member of is pretty full of shit with their propaganda, I get the letters and laugh most the time. The Left is just as full of shit with their propaganda and they are a bit misguided with their control efforts in my opinion.

You are sadly naïve. You have yours so you aren't concerned with how hard it is for anyone else. Naïve and apathetic.
How hard is it? You get a back ground check and buy a gun. My buddy owns a gun shop in California and can't keep his shelves stocked.

im definitely against registration

as for a universal background check

im not really for that either

however i do believe in responsible gun ownership to include not selling a bad guy a gun

in a sale like that the bad guy trying to buy the gun is already breaking the law
With no control measures a "bad guy" can walk into a store and buy a gun like its a pack of cigarettes... Is that what you promote?

Their straw buyers do that today...........or they steal the gun.......and mass shooters pass those same background checks.........
That is true for some, yes... But not for all

I live in California, don't really subscribe to a political party but my views are mostly liberal with a touch of conservatism when it comes to government spending... I own 14 guns and don't have a problem with most the gun control measures that have been proposed. Got no need for semi auto assault riffles or high capacity mags. Wouldn't be thrilled about registration or bg checking a private sale but I'm not going to cry about it either.

The NRA which I'm a member of is pretty full of shit with their propaganda, I get the letters and laugh most the time. The Left is just as full of shit with their propaganda and they are a bit misguided with their control efforts in my opinion.

You are sadly naïve. You have yours so you aren't concerned with how hard it is for anyone else. Naïve and apathetic.
How hard is it? You get a back ground check and buy a gun. My buddy owns a gun shop in California and can't keep his shelves stocked.

however i do believe in responsible gun ownership to include not selling a bad guy a gun

in a sale like that the bad guy trying to buy the gun is already breaking the law
With no control measures a "bad guy" can walk into a store and buy a gun like its a pack of cigarettes... Is that what you promote?

did you misunderstand what i said

or are you intentionally distorting my post seriously

currently we do not have a universal background check

firearm "stores" are required to conduct a check
Do you support that background check?

There is no way that the only gun owners in this country are republicans. There is just to many guns being sold right now for that to be true so I wonder how many democrats feel comfortable with strict gun laws? Some of these laws are so tough that it makes it impossible to even buy one in some states (California). Do you feel comfortable with that and/or do you feel comfortable with a complete gun ban that many other 'liberals' want. I myself own a lot of guns and was able to get them with little ease (background check). I really didn't like the background check but it appears that most polls seem to think this is OK. I'm wondering how many of you secretly wish you didn't have to go through the hassle of a background check?

The polls on universal background checks are useless...the people responding are uninformed on what universal background checks are for, and why the anti gunners are pushing them so hard.....,
On the contrary, we know exactly what they are. As do most people. The domination of the politicians by the NRA is at an end. The nonsense you and they spew is now falling on deaf ears, and in many races the endorsement of the NRA may even be toxic.

You fools have had your day. You said putting millions of guns out on the street was going to make us all so much safer. Hasn't turned out that way. And the voters will be making their dissatisfaction known at the polling places.

There were 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s....there are now more than 357,000,000

What happened to the gun murder rate.....it went down, not up....dittos the violent crime rate...you are completely wrong...

Federal Bureau of Investigation - Uniform Crime Reports - 2000

gun murder rate 1997 -2014

1997..... 10,729
1998..... 9,257
1999..... 8,480
2000..... 8,493
2001..... 8,719
2002... 9,369
2003.... 9,638
2004..... 9,385
2005.... 10,158
2006.... 10,225
2007 10,129
2008-- 9,528
2009-- 9,199
2010- 8,874
2011-- 8,653
2012-- 8,897
2013-- 8,454
2014-- 8,124

lol, a typical RW denialist.

So....tell me...what does a universal background check do that will stop a criminal from getting a gun? What will they do that stops a mass shooter from getting a gun? How will universal background checks work without gun registration? Will handing you gun to your friend on the range now be a felony if you don't get a background check on the transfer of that gun?

Can you friends or relatives take your guns into their home and keep them while you are on vacation, and return them when you get back without two background checks on the transfers?

So liars polling the uninformed show nothing real about the issue.

I've asked Slade what type of background check was going to be done on the person that stole one of my guns. He's yet to provide an answer. He seems to not understand that the only ones affected by what he supports aren't the ones we need to worry about and those that are won't be subjected to those laws no matter how many are passed. Criminals don't care about what the law says or how many laws say it. That's why they're criminals.

Your guns were not secured and were stolen. Sounds to me like you shouldn't be able to own guns since you are contributing to the criminals aquisition of illegal weapons.

Their straw buyers do that today...........or they steal the gun.......and mass shooters pass those same background checks.........

Yes...for all....felons are not allowed to buy guns......mass shooters bought their guns legally since they didn't have criminal records...or they stole their guns like Sandy Hook, or bought them illegally like Columbine....

you are wrong.

The only reason for a universal background check is to get universal gun registraton......universal background checks cannot be confirmed without registration of guns....that is why the anti gunners are pushing for it so hard.....it does nothing to stop crime or mass shooters...so why are they pushing it? Registration.

Yes...for all....felons are not allowed to buy guns......mass shooters bought their guns legally since they didn't have criminal records...or they stole their guns like Sandy Hook, or bought them illegally like Columbine....

you are wrong.
ok

A gun that is made to quality standards is a life time purchase. Except by misuse and carelessness, you will never use it to the point it is worn out. So why shouldn't there be a month or better waiting period for the background checks when one is purchased. In fact, six months would not be unreasonable.

As for Dems owning guns, yes, many of us do. And many of us have more guns than we need either for protection or hunting. And still support very strong background checks on the purchase of any firearm, new or used.

A straw buyer can wait 6 months and still pass the background check....criminals stealing guns don't have any wait....there is no need to make law abiding gun owners wait weeks or months to buy a product they are not going to commit a crime with....

if they commit a crime you lock them up.......we can do that already.

And you are a fool.....background checks do not stop criminals or mass shooters.....you got them and they did not stop criminals or mass shooters....now you want even more background checks which will be gotten around the same way as the original background checks.....then what will you want when those fail.......you will say you need to register guns......

Enforce current laws and forget any new laws, any new laws are a big waste of time and money... Not to even mention an absolute infringement on an absolute right.

[Q

No, the right of privacy is in the Constitution but there are no protections whatsoever for fetuses.

That is the reason why a million American chidren are murdered each year on demand for the sake of convenience and that is despicable.

However, there is a Consitutional right to keep and bear arms and the Bill of Rights says very specifically that it shall not be infringed. You Moon Bats really hate the Constitution, don't you?

It is amazing how utterly dense you Moon Bats are when it comes to understanding what the phrase "shall not be infringed" means. It is not a hard thing to understand unless you are a Libtard Moon Bat with your head up your ass.

Let's stop pretending........they know what it means, they don't care. They pretend not to know in order to recruit the uninformed to push for more gun control.....

[

replacing SC judges

In addition to the Left's hateful war on the NRA, which is a grassroots Constitutional rights protection lobby, and the largest gun safety organization in the world.

In addition they filthy Libtards have blatantly said that gun owners are potential terrorists, which is one of the most stupid things that ever spewed out of the mouths of the Moon Bats.

No...it isn't stupid......they understand that they have to undermine those fighting for the right...they have to put out the word to their people in the school systems, the ones making movies, and their minions in journalism...........call the NRA terrorists.....whenever they can......that means anyone who supports the NRA is a terrorist.......that makes the uninformed more likely to pull back from gun owners and the NRA...and to stop listening to actual discussion of the issue, and the truth about guns in this country...

It is a tactic the left has used around the world to destroy their enemies...just ask the Jews, the Kulaks.....and anyone who got in their way....

What distortion of the facts?......please list them.....
The simple implication embedded in most of their messages that the evil Left is trying to take away our right to own guns and abolish the second amendment. Its completely overblown

i dont find that over blown at all
It's not real. They are instilling fear and playing y'all like puppets.

replacing SC judges

Yes banning weapons and tools that facilitate mass destruction in small amounts at time is completely different than banning all guns. It why citizens are driving armed tanks to work and protecting their houses with land mines.

Rifles with detachable magazines were used to kill 157 people in mass shootings in 34 years......from 1982-2016.....

knives murdered 1,567 people in 2014, and murder over 1,500 people every single year.....

each year rifles kill fewer people than knives, clubs or bare hands.....

yet you guys focus on the one instrument that isn't killing people in large numbers......

lol, a typical RW denialist.

So....tell me...what does a universal background check do that will stop a criminal from getting a gun? What will they do that stops a mass shooter from getting a gun? How will universal background checks work without gun registration? Will handing you gun to your friend on the range now be a felony if you don't get a background check on the transfer of that gun?

Can you friends or relatives take your guns into their home and keep them while you are on vacation, and return them when you get back without two background checks on the transfers?

So liars polling the uninformed show nothing real about the issue.

I've asked Slade what type of background check was going to be done on the person that stole one of my guns. He's yet to provide an answer. He seems to not understand that the only ones affected by what he supports aren't the ones we need to worry about and those that are won't be subjected to those laws no matter how many are passed. Criminals don't care about what the law says or how many laws say it. That's why they're criminals.

Your guns were not secured and were stolen. Sounds to me like you shouldn't be able to own guns since you are contributing to the criminals aquisition of illegal weapons.

No.....they are a victim of a criminal act.....someone broke into their home or their car and took their property....but you need to make the law abiding gun owner the criminal...to make him vulnerable...if he is the victim, you can't attack him....so now you make him the accomplice to a crime he did not commit or sanction.....but to you, he is guilty...and needs to be punished......

A gun that is made to quality standards is a life time purchase. Except by misuse and carelessness, you will never use it to the point it is worn out. So why shouldn't there be a month or better waiting period for the background checks when one is purchased. In fact, six months would not be unreasonable.

As for Dems owning guns, yes, many of us do. And many of us have more guns than we need either for protection or hunting. And still support very strong background checks on the purchase of any firearm, new or used.
Fuck that dumbass horseshit, any more than a few minutes is absolutely unacceptable. When people purchase firearms for me I do a Insta-check they're out the door if they want(less want more purchases;) ~ in a few minutes, any type of waiting period only sounds good to fucked up control freaks. A waiting period is not a solution in any way shit head.

Forum List

Back