How many democrats own guns?

There is no way that the only gun owners in this country are republicans. There is just to many guns being sold right now for that to be true so I wonder how many democrats feel comfortable with strict gun laws? Some of these laws are so tough that it makes it impossible to even buy one in some states (California). Do you feel comfortable with that and/or do you feel comfortable with a complete gun ban that many other 'liberals' want. I myself own a lot of guns and was able to get them with little ease (background check). I really didn't like the background check but it appears that most polls seem to think this is OK. I'm wondering how many of you secretly wish you didn't have to go through the hassle of a background check?
I live in California, don't really subscribe to a political party but my views are mostly liberal with a touch of conservatism when it comes to government spending... I own 14 guns and don't have a problem with most the gun control measures that have been proposed. Got no need for semi auto assault riffles or high capacity mags. Wouldn't be thrilled about registration or bg checking a private sale but I'm not going to cry about it either.

The NRA which I'm a member of is pretty full of shit with their propaganda, I get the letters and laugh most the time. The Left is just as full of shit with their propaganda and they are a bit misguided with their control efforts in my opinion.

You are sadly naïve. You have yours so you aren't concerned with how hard it is for anyone else. Naïve and apathetic.
How hard is it? You get a back ground check and buy a gun. My buddy owns a gun shop in California and can't keep his shelves stocked.

im definitely against registration

as for a universal background check

im not really for that either

however i do believe in responsible gun ownership to include not selling a bad guy a gun

in a sale like that the bad guy trying to buy the gun is already breaking the law

The only reason for a universal background check is to get universal gun registraton......universal background checks cannot be confirmed without registration of guns....that is why the anti gunners are pushing for it so hard.....it does nothing to stop crime or mass shooters...so why are they pushing it? Registration.
You seem like a bright guy, it puzzles me that you can't understand the logic. It's like metal detectors in the airport... A simple preventative measure to limit access the legal sale of weapons to risky individuals. Yes criminals can still get guns in the black market... some will and some won't. Not everybody is connected with illegal arms dealers...

I live in California, don't really subscribe to a political party but my views are mostly liberal with a touch of conservatism when it comes to government spending... I own 14 guns and don't have a problem with most the gun control measures that have been proposed. Got no need for semi auto assault riffles or high capacity mags. Wouldn't be thrilled about registration or bg checking a private sale but I'm not going to cry about it either.

The NRA which I'm a member of is pretty full of shit with their propaganda, I get the letters and laugh most the time. The Left is just as full of shit with their propaganda and they are a bit misguided with their control efforts in my opinion.

You are sadly naïve. You have yours so you aren't concerned with how hard it is for anyone else. Naïve and apathetic.
How hard is it? You get a back ground check and buy a gun. My buddy owns a gun shop in California and can't keep his shelves stocked.

however i do believe in responsible gun ownership to include not selling a bad guy a gun

in a sale like that the bad guy trying to buy the gun is already breaking the law

The only reason for a universal background check is to get universal gun registraton......universal background checks cannot be confirmed without registration of guns....that is why the anti gunners are pushing for it so hard.....it does nothing to stop crime or mass shooters...so why are they pushing it? Registration.
You seem like a bright guy, it puzzles me that you can't understand the logic. It's like metal detectors in the airport... A simple preventative measure to limit access the legal sale of weapons to risky individuals. Yes criminals can still get guns in the black market... some will and some won't. Not everybody is connected with illegal arms dealers...
The federal government can never be trusted ever, so any type of registration is absolutely without doubt unacceptable. More laws do not mean less crime, just a waste of time and money is all. Enforced current laws and call it good.

Okay....lets go with this.....If I said all we need to do is sprinkle pixie dust in the woods at midnight and that would reduce gun violence....you would be right to ask me exactly how this would accomplish that..right?

Please explain how current background checks keep criminals from getting guns.

Please explain how current background checks stop mass shooters from getting guns.

Your side has yet to explain that as criminals and mass shooters keep getting guns.

Then, please explain how universal background checks would keep criminals and mass shooters from getting guns.

Then explain how universal background checks work if we don't have universal gun registration.

I am happy to discuss each point.

It isn't a matter of some will, some won't ...the primary way criminals get guns is people with clean records buying the guns for them.....they are often baby mommas, mothers, grandmothers.....or they pay some idiot to buy the guns....I have linked to the stories in other threads.......

Prosecutors do not like to take a baby momma to court on a straw purchase charge...because it takes time, resources and the chance of putting that baby momma in jail for a few years is not likely to happen....they will state the gang banger baby daddy threatened them if they didn't do it.....

The next way criminals get guns...they steal them....criminals are now stealing construction vehicles and ramming gun stores...going through the walls or barred doors and grabbing handfuls of guns......

Gun shows are not the primary source for guns.......too many cops trolling for illegal buyers.......actual criminals prefer to buy their guns from sources they know, friends and families...i.e. straw buyers......

Mass shooters....they can pass any background check you want....the Orlando night club shooter passed 3 background checks...one he passed was for a security job at a security company....then 10 months of undercover FBI surveilllance, and 3 interviews with trained FBI interrogators...and even undercover operatives talking to him.........

And he still passed the background checks to buy his guns...then he murdered those people with those guns....

The Santa Barbara shooter...passed background checks 3 times.....

The San Bernadino shooters...she passed a background check to become the wife.....and they both passed background checks for their guns...and the rifle...the guy who bought them for them.....passed background checks for those....

The truth is........the only reason anti gun activists want universal background checks is so they can get gun registration......that is the only reason...since I have just shown you that current background checks are easily gotten around by criminals and mass shooters....and universal background checks can be gotten around the exact same ways.....

These are not NRA talking points...these are not talking points in any way....these are the facts that address why background checks only effect normal gun owners.......I have pointed this out with actual detail....

Please explain how I am wrong.

Not everybody is connected with illegal arms dealers..

Excellent point......and those who are, when we find them we can arrest them...we do not need universal background checks to do this...we can already do this and I have linked in other threads about gun runners captured, not with background checks or gun laws...but with snitches....the way all other crimes are stopped.

If you want to stop illegal gun buying...send in undercover police officers....put in sting operations on internet sales....make clear the buyers and sellers cannot pass background checks or are felons....and if the seller or buyer goes forward..arrest them.....

That is how it would be handled if the issue was stopping criminals.....the issue for anti gun activists is getting rid of guns.....that is why they focus on normal gun owners and not criminals.

Okay....lets go with this.....If I said all we need to do is sprinkle pixie dust in the woods at midnight and that would reduce gun violence....you would be right to ask me exactly how this would accomplish that..right?

Please explain how current background checks stop mass shooters from getting guns.

Your side has yet to explain that as criminals and mass shooters keep getting guns.

Then, please explain how universal background checks would keep criminals and mass shooters from getting guns.

Then explain how universal background checks work if we don't have universal gun registration.

It isn't a matter of some will, some won't ...the primary way criminals get guns is people with clean records buying the guns for them.....they are often baby mommas, mothers, grandmothers.....or they pay some idiot to buy the guns....I have linked to the stories in other threads.......

Prosecutors do not like to take a baby momma to court on a straw purchase charge...because it takes time, resources and the chance of putting that baby momma in jail for a few years is not likely to happen....they will state the gang banger baby daddy threatened them if they didn't do it.....

The next way criminals get guns...they steal them....criminals are now stealing construction vehicles and ramming gun stores...going through the walls or barred doors and grabbing handfuls of guns......

Gun shows are not the primary source for guns.......too many cops trolling for illegal buyers.......actual criminals prefer to buy their guns from sources they know, friends and families...i.e. straw buyers......

Mass shooters....they can pass any background check you want....the Orlando night club shooter passed 3 background checks...one he passed was for a security job at a security company....then 10 months of undercover FBI surveilllance, and 3 interviews with trained FBI interrogators...and even undercover operatives talking to him.........

And he still passed the background checks to buy his guns...then he murdered those people with those guns....

The San Bernadino shooters...she passed a background check to become the wife.....and they both passed background checks for their guns...and the rifle...the guy who bought them for them.....passed background checks for those....

The truth is........the only reason anti gun activists want universal background checks is so they can get gun registration......that is the only reason...since I have just shown you that current background checks are easily gotten around by criminals and mass shooters....and universal background checks can be gotten around the exact same ways.....

These are not NRA talking points...these are not talking points in any way....these are the facts that address why background checks only effect normal gun owners.......I have pointed this out with actual detail....

The progressives have no answer, because their so called solution has nothing to do with "guns" it's all about control - it's control freak thing we would not understand...

There is no way that the only gun owners in this country are republicans. There is just to many guns being sold right now for that to be true so I wonder how many democrats feel comfortable with strict gun laws? Some of these laws are so tough that it makes it impossible to even buy one in some states (California). Do you feel comfortable with that and/or do you feel comfortable with a complete gun ban that many other 'liberals' want. I myself own a lot of guns and was able to get them with little ease (background check). I really didn't like the background check but it appears that most polls seem to think this is OK. I'm wondering how many of you secretly wish you didn't have to go through the hassle of a background check?

As I said naive.

You think it's going to stay that way? That's the whole point.

The NRA which I'm a member of is pretty full of shit with their propaganda

then why do you fund them by being a member
Honest answer is I inherited my guns and wanted to do the responsible thing, I like the insurance perks from the NRA but am having a hard time with the propaganda that I mentioned. While I appreciate the fight for preserving the second amendment, I dont like the distortion and manipulation of the facts. I'm most likely going to cancel my membership

What distortion of the facts?......please list them.....
The simple implication embedded in most of their messages that the evil Left is trying to take away our right to own guns and abolish the second amendment. Its completely overblown

1. It isn't overblown one iota.
2. Even if they weren't, you have to fight for every right you have constantly. You give an inch and they take a mile. Make ti tough for the tyrants, and they are forced to compromise.
That's all part of the propaganda... They are in your head. The NRA should be working to make guns safer and owners more educated and prepared. It should be a collaboration with government, not a battle. There is not a serious movement to ban all guns, most people just want to be as safe as possible when dealing with deadly weapons

Uninformed garbage.

One of my gay friends, who used to go to the Pulse Nightclub, asked me to teach him how to shoot and advise him on what gun to buy. I have taken him out to the range twice now and he loves it. I have absolutely no doubt that he will be voting for Hillary in the next election. He's gay, he has been brainwashed into thinking that the GOP hates gays so he must vote Democrat. I never speak about politics in social gatherings so we don't talk about it except that I have told him that if he wants to buy a gun, he needs to do it before the election.

You need to start talking politics in social gatherings....they need to hear the other side......their professors in college, the movies and t.v. They arch and the news they get reinforce left wing crap...they need to hear your side......no setting is off limits to the left...that is why they are winning.....

Lol, that's the quickest way to find yourself alone. I do all of my political fighting on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. They know how I feel and my opinions. No need to ruin social events.

One of my gay friends, who used to go to the Pulse Nightclub, asked me to teach him how to shoot and advise him on what gun to buy. I have taken him out to the range twice now and he loves it. I have absolutely no doubt that he will be voting for Hillary in the next election. He's gay, he has been brainwashed into thinking that the GOP hates gays so he must vote Democrat. I never speak about politics in social gatherings so we don't talk about it except that I have told him that if he wants to buy a gun, he needs to do it before the election.

You need to start talking politics in social gatherings....they need to hear the other side......their professors in college, the movies and t.v. They arch and the news they get reinforce left wing crap...they need to hear your side......no setting is off limits to the left...that is why they are winning.....

Lol, that's the quickest way to find yourself alone. I do all of my political fighting on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. They know how I feel and my opinions. No need to ruin social events.

Do the left wingers you know do the same?

The progressives have no answer, because their so called solution has nothing to do with "guns" it's all about control - it's control freak thing we would not understand...

Nail, head, wham! You hit it! Exactly.

Do the left wingers you know do the same?

Nope. It's funny and I think I could start a thread on it but they never speak of politics. It seems that they "just have my opinions and I'm sticking to them". They never argue and they don't unfriend me either.

I believe they are like so many lefties here. They have their beliefs and no facts, statistics, or real life examples will ever change their minds.

My gay friends, and I have many, seem to have just accepted the lie that the GOP hates them and they are compelled to vote Democrat no matter what. But at least they are getting exposed to the truth from me.

[

no there is much talk coming from the left on banning certain firearms

replacing SC judges

plus there has already been confiscations in this country

In addition to the Left's hateful war on the NRA, which is a grassroots Constitutional rights protection lobby, and the largest gun safety organization in the world.

In addition they filthy Libtards have blatantly said that gun owners are potential terrorists, which is one of the most stupid things that ever spewed out of the mouths of the Moon Bats.

yeah hillary was on the tube spreading her anti gun talk again this morning

she assuredly is a gun grabber

[

and the mental health system won't lock up the dangerously mentally ill

hell they wont even get them on the no sale background check

A couple of months ago the Republicans introduced a bill that would have significantly strengthened the reporting of mental health problems into the NICS system in addition to providing more funding for the background check system but the stupid Democrats voted it down.

So when these dumbass Moon Bats (who elect Democrats) tell you they are in favor of keeping firearms out of the hands of the mentally ill they are lying to you.

yes absolutely the democrats voted it down

What distortion of the facts?......please list them.....
The simple implication embedded in most of their messages that the evil Left is trying to take away our right to own guns and abolish the second amendment. Its completely overblown

i dont find that over blown at all
It's not real. They are instilling fear and playing y'all like puppets.

no there is much talk coming from the left on banning certain firearms

replacing SC judges

plus there has already been confiscations in this country
Yes banning weapons and tools that facilitate mass destruction in small amounts at time is completely different than banning all guns. It why citizens are driving armed tanks to work and protecting their houses with land mines.

what the hell do you mean tools that facilitate mass destruction

do pressure cookers fall into that group

how about trucks

axes

With no control measures a "bad guy" can walk into a store and buy a gun like its a pack of cigarettes... Is that what you promote?

did you misunderstand what i said

or are you intentionally distorting my post seriously

currently we do not have a universal background check

firearm "stores" are required to conduct a check
Do you support that background check?

when have i indicated that i am not in favor of one

You seem like a bright guy, it puzzles me that you can't understand the logic. It's like metal detectors in the airport... A simple preventative measure to limit access the legal sale of weapons to risky individuals. Yes criminals can still get guns in the black market... some will and some won't. Not everybody is connected with illegal arms dealers...[/QUOTE

A simple preventative measure to limit access the legal sale of weapons

why would you want to limit sales of legal firearms

thought you are after the bad guys

[Q

what the hell do you mean tools that facilitate mass destruction

do pressure cookers fall into that group

how about trucks

axes

Liberal economics and oppression are the biggest tools of mass destruction in this country.

Just think, Libtard abortion by itself kills a million American children each year. Failed Democrat leadership gets about two a day killed and almost a dozen shot in Chicago alone.

Obama has done more damage to this country than all the foreign adversaries in the history of the Republic. Crooked Hillary will be even worse.

The polls on universal background checks are useless...the people responding are uninformed on what universal background checks are for, and why the anti gunners are pushing them so hard.....,

lol, a typical RW denialist.

So....tell me...what does a universal background check do that will stop a criminal from getting a gun? What will they do that stops a mass shooter from getting a gun? How will universal background checks work without gun registration? Will handing you gun to your friend on the range now be a felony if you don't get a background check on the transfer of that gun?

Can you friends or relatives take your guns into their home and keep them while you are on vacation, and return them when you get back without two background checks on the transfers?

So liars polling the uninformed show nothing real about the issue.

I've asked Slade what type of background check was going to be done on the person that stole one of my guns. He's yet to provide an answer. He seems to not understand that the only ones affected by what he supports aren't the ones we need to worry about and those that are won't be subjected to those laws no matter how many are passed. Criminals don't care about what the law says or how many laws say it. That's why they're criminals.

Your guns were not secured and were stolen. Sounds to me like you shouldn't be able to own guns since you are contributing to the criminals aquisition of illegal weapons.

My gun was in a LOCKED vehicle, on PRIVATE PROPERTY, stored according to the LAWS of my state.

The thief came onto private property uninvited, entered a vehicle for which he/she had no permission, and took something that didn't belong to him/her. Since I didn't take such action, the only one contributing to the acquisition of it illegally was the piece of shit that's lucky I didn't catch them doing what they did assuming it was the only gun I have.

Wanna tell me again what I did wrong and what wasn't wrong with what the thief did. For what you say to be true, the thief would have had to known I kept a gun in the vehicle.

Forum List

Back