How much do extremely wealthy people owe to the society that gave them the chance to prosper so much?

Does your lifestyle depend on society?
I'm certainly adult enough not to need other people's money to feed myself, educate myself, pay for my healthcare, or subsidize my other personal expenses. How about you? Adult enough to be paying your own way in life?
I work for someone else so I need other people’s money to feed myself.

Did you go to public or private school? Either way, someone else paid to educate you. Republicans like to believe they were born in the log cabin they built with their own two hands.
You don't understand the difference between money you earn and money the government takes from someone else and gives to you?

We knew you didn't.
I understand. I also make good money and don’t mind paying taxes if it goes to things that benefit society. Not pentagon spending.
how much more did you pay beyond your required amount??
If I could I would cheat and not pay any taxes. Unfortunately only rich guys like trump can get away with that.
that doesnt answer my question,,
you said you have no problem paying more,, so how much more did you pay beyond what youre required to pay??

and so you know trump paid 4 million beyond what he owed,,, along with donating his salary back to the government,,
Bad argument. It’s like asking al gore why he has five homes. I can’t solve the debt problem alone. Every rich person has to pay their fair share. And we need to cut pentagon spending in half.
why wont you just answer the question???
I didn’t pay any more than required. I’m asking that my government require more from people in my tax bracket. All of us.
so you want them to steal from people because they were successful,,, thats very fascist of you,,,

better if you led by example like trump did,,

Of what relevance is that?

The amount you'd pay in taxes for universal healthcare might be less than the amount you give to insurance companies that are waiting to fuck you the moment they get a chance.

Surely something, right? I see a lot of people talk like taxes are theft. Is it not just our obligation?
You won’t get many if any serious answers.
I feel they should pay at least the same percentage of income as the bulk of Americans pay. Unfortunately though our current system makes it cheaper for them to pay experts to avoid taxes altogether in some cases. See Trump.
See every multi-millionaire and billionaire and stop pretending it's something unique to TRUMP!. Why do you think Warren Buffet complains about the income tax being too low? He does it because most of his income is in capital gains, not regular income and he knows if it gets raised it won't effect him very much.
See every multi-millionaire and billionaire and stop pretending it's something unique to TRUMP!. Why do you think Warren Buffet complains about the income tax being too low? He does it because most of his income is in capital gains, not regular income and he knows if it gets raised it won't effect him very much.
Derp....
I used Trump because we know for a fact what he’s paid recently. As long as a tax expert and loopholes are cheaper they will always pay a lower percentage.
And as long as it's legal to do so, they will continue to pay a lower percentage. Just don't believe a rich democrat when he tries to tell you he wants to pay more taxes. He doesn't, because if he did, he wouldn't have a tax firm doing his return for him.
And as long as it's legal to do so, they will continue to pay a lower percentage.
That was my point, dope. It only took you three tries to get it. Good job.
Did you get the part where I pointed out that you shouldn't believe rich democrats who piously tell you they want to pay more taxes?

I'm certainly adult enough not to need other people's money to feed myself, educate myself, pay for my healthcare, or subsidize my other personal expenses. How about you? Adult enough to be paying your own way in life?

Did you go to public or private school? Either way, someone else paid to educate you. Republicans like to believe they were born in the log cabin they built with their own two hands.
You don't understand the difference between money you earn and money the government takes from someone else and gives to you?

We knew you didn't.
I understand. I also make good money and don’t mind paying taxes if it goes to things that benefit society. Not pentagon spending.
And once you pay it, you have no control over where it goes. Hence the need to cut government spending in all areas.

The very wealthy are so due to society. They profit the most (by definition) from society. They are defended by society (the sons and daughters of the poor, in fact). It is not only just, it is entirely in their interest to pay as much as necessary for society to continue. They have the most to lose. Playing apologist for the wealthy is about as pitiful as one can get.

Horseshit. That is a giant, steaming pile of horse apples. To say, "The very wealthy are only wealthy because of this society" is to say that there are no very wealthy people in OTHER societies. Likewise, the only definition by which they "profit most from society" is your own personal "I hate them because I'm not one of them" definition, and no one I would waste my time spitting on has any interest in living by your definitions. They are defended by society exactly as much as your worthless, sucking-the-intelligence-out-of-the-world ass is, and I don't see you suggesting that YOU should be stripped of your personal possessions (although I doubt the federal government has much use for your cardboard box and half-empty bottle of Ripple).

What is just is for fools like you to start producing and contributing something to make yourselves useful to society before you pollute the air with your greedy, jealous diatribes about how other people aren't contributing enough.
The very wealthy have purchased our government and gotten tax breaks they shouldn’t have got. That results in cuts to social progRams. When the rich became rich they had these social programs at their disposal. But now that they are rich they want to get more tax breaks and cut these social programs.

Thats like climbing the ladder of success then removing the ladder so the next generation has it harder than them.

We knew you didn't.
And once you pay it, you have no control over where it goes. Hence the need to cut government spending in all areas.
Amen

who cares as long as the government doesnt control our healthcare,,

I care. A lot of people would save money, nobody would go without care and people wouldn't be going bankrupt late in their lives over medical expenses.
how would you know?? you still havent had to pay your own way,, when you grow up and get some experience then come back and see if you feel the same way

I care. A lot of people would save money, nobody would go without care and people wouldn't be going bankrupt late in their lives over medical expenses.
Some things corporations should not run.

Elections
Prisons
Government
Healthcare
Environment
Department of energy

The very wealthy are so due to society. They profit the most (by definition) from society. They are defended by society (the sons and daughters of the poor, in fact). It is not only just, it is entirely in their interest to pay as much as necessary for society to continue. They have the most to lose. Playing apologist for the wealthy is about as pitiful as one can get.

Horseshit. That is a giant, steaming pile of horse apples. To say, "The very wealthy are only wealthy because of this society" is to say that there are no very wealthy people in OTHER societies. Likewise, the only definition by which they "profit most from society" is your own personal "I hate them because I'm not one of them" definition, and no one I would waste my time spitting on has any interest in living by your definitions. They are defended by society exactly as much as your worthless, sucking-the-intelligence-out-of-the-world ass is, and I don't see you suggesting that YOU should be stripped of your personal possessions (although I doubt the federal government has much use for your cardboard box and half-empty bottle of Ripple).

What is just is for fools like you to start producing and contributing something to make yourselves useful to society before you pollute the air with your greedy, jealous diatribes about how other people aren't contributing enough.
The very wealthy have purchased our government and gotten tax breaks they shouldn’t have got. That results in cuts to social progRams. When the rich became rich they had these social programs at their disposal. But now that they are rich they want to get more tax breaks and cut these social programs.

Thats like climbing the ladder of success then removing the ladder so the next generation has it harder than them.
every american deserves tax breaks regardless of income,, its the government that spends more than they take in,,,

how would you know?? you still havent had to pay your own way,, when you grow up and get some experience then come back and see if you feel the same way
Maybe by then she’ll stop worrying about what’s right and start worrying more about just herselfishly

It seems like you don't actually have an argument.
no,, its you that doesnt know what youre talking about cause youre still a snot nosed kid that never had to provide for himself or have others depend on you,,,

Maybe by then she’ll stop worrying about what’s right and start worrying more about just herselfishly
youre one to talk about selfishness,,, you have the perfect opportunity to lead by example but choose to keep your money for yourself,,

We knew you didn't.
how much more did you pay beyond your required amount??
If I could I would cheat and not pay any taxes. Unfortunately only rich guys like trump can get away with that.
that doesnt answer my question,,
you said you have no problem paying more,, so how much more did you pay beyond what youre required to pay??

and so you know trump paid 4 million beyond what he owed,,, along with donating his salary back to the government,,
Bad argument. It’s like asking al gore why he has five homes. I can’t solve the debt problem alone. Every rich person has to pay their fair share. And we need to cut pentagon spending in half.
That is a good question for Algore. Why do all you hypocrites who believe it's evil to keep your own money never pay a dime more than Uncle Sam demands? "Their fair share" is zero, and so is mine. You want to pay more, so what's stopping you?

every american deserves tax breaks regardless of income,, its the government that spends more than they take in,,,
If our government spends more than it takes in, no you don’t deserve a tax break.

If our government spends more than it takes in, no you don’t deserve a tax break.
dont need a tax break,, because I have decided to leave the system and never pay taxs again,,,

Forum List

Back