How sad.. a US President called a "Prankster"...

Standing up for what's right god damnit. All those people feel like they have no choice but to be taken over vs living under a tyrannical government.

Why is it we stand for liberty under a republican but not a Democrat?

The opposition got their coup and are safely residing in Kiev. No one is going after them.

Crimea is demographically 60% ethnic Russian and were in fear of what the anti Russian bastards in Kiev were going to do.

First up they passed a law banning the Russian language. Now that was overturned by the new interim President under pressure from the EU but how long would it be before this bill would be passed again.

You have to understand who took over here. I've been on this for some time (Uk third generation).

One of the opposition parties who now hold some really plumb cabinet positions are virulent anti Russian. They want to ban the Russian language. They want to strip Russians of citizenship.

This is all in their Svoboda Party platform. They want to criminalize "Ukrainaphobia" aka open your mouth against the new government and you are in jail.

They want to ban adoptions of Ukrainian children by non Ukrainians. Shall I go on? They are uber nationalists who believe in an "ethnically pure Ukraine".

That should freaking put chills up anyones spine.

Oh and one last thing regarding the Crimea. In their party platform they demand that Crimea's autonomy should be revoked.

If I was a Crimean I'd be running from Kiev into the arms of Moscow too.

Except Moscow isn't the only option. Do we stand for freedom and equality or not? Treaties were signed and I have 0 problem honoring them. Period.

Just like the treaty that was violated by Saddam 19 times. It shouldn't have gone beyond 2 or 3 yimes without a response.

Just because we started off weak doesn't mean we back off. Our word has to be backed up otherwise it's useless

I know about the Budapest memorandum.

But Crimea wasn't invaded. By the 1997 treaties signed between Russia and the Ukraine Russia is allowed up to 25,000 troops at their naval base in Crimea.

Just like you have agreements with Japan and Qatar and Germany et al to allow a certain amount of troops at your bases.

We've been fed a lot of bullshit in our media and by our leaders. I first found direct reference about this by the head of your CIA in a LA Times article explaining the 1997 agreements.

Only popped up in a few other blogs here. The main media never told as Paul Harvey would say..."the rest of the story".

Last edited:
If Putin were to try to strike the presidunce in my presence I would tell Putin to hold off until I could get a shot in from behind.

When did he get us out of Afghanistan, and stop the death of Americans stationed there?...Any links to that?:badgrin:

Apparently by the end of 2014. :badgrin: Sorry, no matter how batshit crazy the rightwing is about it...you don't need to spill blood by the gallon to be strong.

Obama handled this and most foreign policy decisions correctly. I think fewer dead Americans is a good thing....why do you disagree?

Why didn't he get us out of Afghanistan as he promised while campaigning? The same reason he closed GITMO and it's still open? We still have death of our people in Afghanistan, and this Idiot is going to continue to keep us there for another 9 months...OR BETTER! You're one stupid liberal!.... Here, have another Kool Aid!

All good questions but we are getting out... Sorry, no more American blood being spilled. I know that's going to cause scum like you a problem. Not so much for others.

Again, why do you disagree with leaving an unwinnable war?

Here is a hypothetical.

You are present at a meeting between Putin and Obama. You are right there....inches away. Putin raises his hand in an obvious attempt to strike Obama.

Do you try to stop him? Or...do you leave him be so you can see Obama get punched in the face?

Be honest.

What, are you nuts, Putin is a black belt, he'd wipe the floor with any of us if we interfered with him!.... You have a death wish?

Well, in all fairness the question was not about whether one “would” stop Putin. The question was whether one would “try” to stop him and to that I would answer yes. Putin would probably wipe up the floor with me but then I might just get lucky. It really doesn't matter. Anyone so afraid of a beating that he will not stand up for his fellow man has no self-respect.

A lot of damn good men died defending this country. They certainly didn't have a death wish but they did have the motherfucking courage to do what they felt was right.

You have to earn "RSPECT" in order for someone to give it to you. Protecting a feckless Marxist, isn't what many would say was right! Having been through war, I FEAR it, and death, but did what I thought was my duty, have you experienced it?

Here is a hypothetical.

You are present at a meeting between Putin and Obama. You are right there....inches away. Putin raises his hand in an obvious attempt to strike Obama.

Do you try to stop him? Or...do you leave him be so you can see Obama get punched in the face?

Be honest.

What, are you nuts, Putin is a black belt, he'd wipe the floor with any of us if we interfered with him!.... You have a death wish?

You can't be serious.

You DO know, don't you, that your hero, Putin, has confessed that all his chest beating has been a sham. All his photo ops have been staged.

Being a big strong he-man, the little weasel did shoot the endangered tiger but only after the animal had been caught in a trap and drugged so there was no danger to anyone but the tiger.

You worship a empty bully and you hate your own country.

There really is only one word for that - Traitor.

Apparently by the end of 2014. :badgrin: Sorry, no matter how batshit crazy the rightwing is about it...you don't need to spill blood by the gallon to be strong.

Obama handled this and most foreign policy decisions correctly. I think fewer dead Americans is a good thing....why do you disagree?

Why didn't he get us out of Afghanistan as he promised while campaigning? The same reason he closed GITMO and it's still open? We still have death of our people in Afghanistan, and this Idiot is going to continue to keep us there for another 9 months...OR BETTER! You're one stupid liberal!.... Here, have another Kool Aid!

All good questions but we are getting out... Sorry, no more American blood being spilled. I know that's going to cause scum like you a problem. Not so much for others.

How many times has he LIED to America...closing GITMO ring a bell just as an opening shot?
We are STILL THERE! What don't you understand about that?

Well, in all fairness the question was not about whether one “would” stop Putin. The question was whether one would “try” to stop him and to that I would answer yes. Putin would probably wipe up the floor with me but then I might just get lucky. It really doesn't matter. Anyone so afraid of a beating that he will not stand up for his fellow man has no self-respect.

A lot of damn good men died defending this country. They certainly didn't have a death wish but they did have the motherfucking courage to do what they felt was right.

You have to earn "RSPECT" in order for someone to give it to you. Protecting a feckless Marxist, isn't what many would say was right! Having been through war, I FEAR it, and death, but did what I thought was my duty, have you experienced it?

Exhibit A of what is wrong with our society.
People used to give you respect sight unseen, unquestioned, iron clad. What was earned was dis-respect. See boy, you had another person's respect but you could earn their dis-respect. As I'm sure you have over and over which explains your warped view of society, politics, social issues, and probably all the way down to pokemon.

I haven't experienced war BUT I have experienced being a man of honor. The two are not necessarily mutual.

obama is acting correctly ONLY if his goal is to be and make America an international laughing stock.

Who exactly is laughing?

It is the EU who has their ass and their economy on the line. Obama is not overreacting like conservatives like to do

He is letting the situation play out. It is Europe who has to decide how strong a reaction is warranted

How did the US react when the Societs invaded Hungary and Chekoslovakia?

We didnt

How many times has he LIED to America...closing GITMO ring a bell just as an opening shot?

Ayotte, who has been one of the most outspoken Republicans on detention issues, said there was little support in either Congress or public opinion to close the facility and bring terrorists onto U.S. soil.

“There’s no way that [the administration’s efforts to close Guantánamo] are going to be greater than his first term,” she said. “I don’t see this as something he’s suddenly going to be able to turn around.”

Obama’s pledge to shutter the Guantánamo Bay military prison was one of his biggest campaign promises in 2008, and he signed an executive order his first week in office to close the military facility on Cuban soil.

Stewart’s question, in fact, used the same phrase that Obama did at the executive order signing ceremony.

But in the face of fierce opposition in Congress from Republicans, Obama backed away from his attempts to close the facility and move the terrorism trials from military commissions into federal courts.

Read more: Obama faces long odds to close Guantánamo Bay if he tries again | TheHill
Follow us: @thehill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook

I really wish Obama was the dictator he is made out to be so he could do what he wanted to do...close GITMO. But, he does respect Congress and the degenerates there for some reason....

If Putin were to try to strike the presidunce in my presence I would tell Putin to hold off until I could get a shot in from behind.

It's hard to respect you when you post stupid shit like this. Often I'm on the same page as you but often you dive off the deep end with cement blocks strapped to your ankles

Why don't you ask Congress why we're still at Gitmo?

How sad.. a US President called a "Prankster"...
Any hopes for constructive diplomacy between Russia and the U.S. has gone out the window. This ever since Obama called Putin a Jackass at last year's G20 meeting, and in front of other world leaders.

ST. PETERSBURG (The Borowitz Report)—Hopes for a positive G20 summit crumbled today as President Obama blurted to Russia’s Vladimir Putin at a joint press appearance, “Everyone here thinks you’re a jackass.”

The press corps appeared stunned by the uncharacteristic outburst from Mr. Obama, who then unleashed a ten-minute tirade at the stone-faced Russian President.

G20 Ends Abruptly as Obama Calls Putin a Jackass : The New Yorker

Kerry's recent efforts at diplomacy failed, which was expected given the circumstances. The bottom line is Putin will not give Obama an inch edgewise in any negotiation regarding Crimea. The only hope for avoiding conflict in the region is for the EU to intervene.

Republicans blocked him from closing Gitmo by stopping him from transferring prisoners

obama is acting correctly ONLY if his goal is to be and make America an international laughing stock.

Who exactly is laughing?

It is the EU who has their ass and their economy on the line. Obama is not overreacting like conservatives like to do

He is letting the situation play out. It is Europe who has to decide how strong a reaction is warranted

How did the US react when the Societs invaded Hungary and Chekoslovakia?

We didnt

Somehow it was manly to have a reasoned response back when GOP presidents did it. Now it's supposedly a sign of weakness to not want to get into a war we can't win with resources that aren't there.

I never thought I would see the day when the USA would have a president so lacking in respectability. He is a laughing stock. I mean, Bill Clinton was more impressive to the rest of the world even with his womanizing.

Clinton had something Obama and Bush did not have....Leadership ability....

Bush had it but he squandered it

you bet he did....90% down to 35%....thats called a lack of leadership ability....

Forum List

Back