How to be saved (born again) and join the family of god!

Not up for me to determine, but I can tell you that without faith we cannot be saved, even if we have been baptized.

I also don't know if you ever recieved the Holy Ghost. And Baptism by water without recieving the Gift of the Holy Ghost is pretty useless as well.

I came from a German Baptist family. Obviously the beliefs were traditional Christian, not Mormon. Under the Baptist view, salvation cannot be lost, as it would make God a liar to save and then reject a person.

But the Pentecostals are just the opposite, salvation is fleeting and can be lost over trivial matters, requiring one to be saved over and over again.

And Mormons? Well, without a Temple Sealing, I'm no worse off as a Satanist if a LDS member baptizes me when dead, than I would be as a faithful Baptist my entire life.

German Baptists - No Dancing, no cards, no alcohol - they even float the lie that the wine Jesus made was somehow non-alcoholic...

Not up for me to determine, but I can tell you that without faith we cannot be saved, even if we have been baptized.

I also don't know if you ever recieved the Holy Ghost. And Baptism by water without recieving the Gift of the Holy Ghost is pretty useless as well.

I came from a German Baptist family. Obviously the beliefs were traditional Christian, not Mormon. Under the Baptist view, salvation cannot be lost, as it would make God a liar to save and then reject a person.

But the Pentecostals are just the opposite, salvation is fleeting and can be lost over trivial matters, requiring one to be saved over and over again.

And Mormons? Well, without a Temple Sealing, I'm no worse off as a Satanist if a LDS member baptizes me when dead, than I would be as a faithful Baptist my entire life.

German Baptists - No Dancing, no cards, no alcohol - they even float the lie that the wine Jesus made was somehow non-alcoholic...

Not entirely true. Without a Temple sealing you just wouldnt be married to your spouse for time and all eternity.

You could still end up in a significantly different situation than a satanist. Doctrine and Covenants 76* But then your life isnt over. Your situation can change either way. As could any of our situations.

Not entirely true. Without a Temple sealing you just wouldnt be married to your spouse for time and all eternity.

And relegated to the Terrestrial rather than Celestial heaven.

You could still end up in a significantly different situation than a satanist. Doctrine and Covenants 76* But then your life isnt over. Your situation can change either way. As could any of our situations.

I view most religion with a level of detached bemusement. I used to look at Mormon beliefs and marvel at how absurd it is. But at some point I looked at how absurd Baptist beliefs are and decided I have no dog in this fight. Religion in general is a suspension of reason.

There may be a god, but if there is, such a being does not conform to any of the religions of man - not even slightly.

Forum List

Back