How To Have A Productive Discussion

(1) State facts
(2) State opinions, BUT, specify that it is your opinion (explaining why is helpful)
(3) State evidences and supports to your statements
...lastly

(4) DON'T MAKE ANYTHING PERSONAL OR NEGATIVE!... why? because it puts the person on the defensive and then the discussion goes off the rails.

It might not be as much fun, but you might actually get somewhere!

That is pretty much the model I always try to follow.

What I run into is that liberals think that calling someone a "Racist" is stating a "fact" and "supporting evidence", and don't understand why regular people take it as an uncalled for insult.

That is not exactly true Correll. You and I had engaged in several heated discussions most of your post are abusive.
If you don't want to be called racist then you should stop posting hatred against minorities. Then when people ( like me ) attacked you ----- You don't like it.

I do tried to engage in a decent discussion as much as I can but lots of members are not reasonable, no longer capable or just plain hopeless.

(1) State facts
(2) State opinions, BUT, specify that it is your opinion (explaining why is helpful)
...lastly

(4) DON'T MAKE ANYTHING PERSONAL OR NEGATIVE!... why? because it puts the person on the defensive and then the discussion goes off the rails.

What I run into is that liberals think that calling someone a "Racist" is stating a "fact" and "supporting evidence", and don't understand why regular people take it as an uncalled for insult.

That is not exactly true Correll. You and I had engaged in several heated discussions most of your post are abusive.
If you don't want to be called racist then you should stop posting hatred against minorities. Then when people ( like me ) attacked you ----- You don't like it.

I do tried to engage in a decent discussion as much as I can but lots of members are not reasonable, no longer capable or just plain hopeless.

Most of my posts are abusive because most liberals can't engage in more than one or two posts before they start vilely smearing me with false accusations.

Thus, past that point, as they keep up their vile lies, I call them on it, and insult them back.

(1) State facts
...lastly

Most of my posts are abusive because most liberals can't engage in more than one or two posts before they start vilely smearing me with false accusations.

Thus, past that point, as they keep up their vile lies, I call them on it, and insult them back.

Have to admit...Your insults are kinda cute

(1) State facts
...lastly

It's not the real me. I'm not some sadistic troll like many of the left on this site are,

I do it as a tactical anti-propaganda move because I realize what the vile filthy left is doing.

THey want to create a false image for the Right, based on spewing their vile lies until the appearance of credibility is attained by massive repetition, perhaps by counters and denials being exhausted because reasonable people stop responding.

Proof by assertion - Wikipedia

"Proof by assertion, sometimes informally referred to as proof by repeated assertion, is an informal fallacy in which a proposition is repeatedly restated regardless of contradiction.[1] Sometimes, this may be repeated until challenges dry up, at which point it is asserted as fact due to its not being contradicted (argumentum ad nauseam).[2] In other cases, its repetition may be cited as evidence of its truth, in a variant of the appeal to authority or appeal to belief fallacies.[3]

This fallacy is sometimes used as a form of rhetoric by politicians, or during a debate as a filibuster. In its extreme form, it can also be a form of brainwashing.[1] Modern politics contains many examples of proofs by assertion. This practice can be observed in the use of political slogans, and the distribution of "talking points", which are collections of short phrases that are issued to members of modern political parties for recitation to achieve maximum message repetition."

(1) State facts
...lastly

It's not the real me. I'm not some sadistic troll like many of the left on this site are,

I do it as a tactical anti-propaganda move because I realize what the vile filthy left is doing.

THey want to create a false image for the Right, based on spewing their vile lies until the appearance of credibility is attained by massive repetition, perhaps by counters and denials being exhausted because reasonable people stop responding.

"Proof by assertion, sometimes informally referred to as proof by repeated assertion, is an informal fallacy in which a proposition is repeatedly restated regardless of contradiction.[1] Sometimes, this may be repeated until challenges dry up, at which point it is asserted as fact due to its not being contradicted (argumentum ad nauseam).[2] In other cases, its repetition may be cited as evidence of its truth, in a variant of the appeal to authority or appeal to belief fallacies.[3]

This fallacy is sometimes used as a form of rhetoric by politicians, or during a debate as a filibuster. In its extreme form, it can also be a form of brainwashing.[1] Modern politics contains many examples of proofs by assertion. This practice can be observed in the use of political slogans, and the distribution of "talking points", which are collections of short phrases that are issued to members of modern political parties for recitation to achieve maximum message repetition."

Hard to conduct productive discussions with a birther

They lack certain mental capabilities

So, to demonstrate your higher mental capabilities, you respond to my post by ridiculing me?

Do you think you look good in this threads?

(1) State facts
...lastly

I came here from another forum, one that was closely and strictly moderated. The goal of the site was exactly what you are trying to propose.

It didn't work. No minds were ever changed one iota on either side, no one ever got anywhere.

(1) State facts
...lastly

I came here from another forum, one that was closely and strictly moderated. The goal of the site was exactly what you are trying to propose.

It didn't work. No minds were ever changed one iota on either side, no one ever got anywhere.

Was it POL US or something like that? I know iamwhatiseem was on another board that he said was stricter..... Most people want to come on ANY message board to either (1) say what they don't have the guts to say IRL; or (2) have some sort of social life because they don't have one IRL. There are other reasons (avoiding reality etc.) but they are tied. But, I getcha!

So, to demonstrate your higher mental capabilities, you respond to my post by ridiculing me?

Yup...that's the way it works with birthers

Yup...that's the way it works with birthers

You cannot be this delusional. Stop trolling. You ass.

(1) State facts
...lastly

Fun is part of what I want in discussions.

(1) State facts
...lastly

I just respond to the women seeking men posts on Craigslist, to get new perspectives.

(1) State facts
...lastly

I just respond to the women seeking men posts on Craigslist, to get new perspectives.
That's great. It's where you belong

(1) State facts
...lastly

(1) State facts
...lastly

Dims use ad hominem attacks because they must do so to try and win arguments. After all, they are so radicalized and crazy that if they only debated issues based on their own merits they would lose every time.

(1) State facts
...lastly

(1) State facts
...lastly

Dims use ad hominem attacks because they must do so to try and win arguments. After all, they are so radicalized and crazy that if they only debated issues based on their own merits they would lose every time.

I've pointed out the implications of their behavior to them over and over again....

I do not understand how they can know that they have to dodge real issues in order to "defend" their positions ...

HOw can you do that and not realize that that means you are wrong?

(1) State facts
...lastly

Fun is part of what I want in discussions.
That's the bottom line really. Do what you enjoy and ignore those that kill your joy

(1) State facts
...lastly

I love your suggestion- but it just doesn't happen much at USMB.

Essentially most threads here at USMB follow this pattern:
a) Event XYZ happened! Or Person X said this
b) Democrats/Republicans/Whites/Blacks/Gays/Liberals/Conservatives are at fault
c) All Democrats/Republicans/whites/blacks/gays/liberals/conservatives are Communists/Nazi's/rapists/murderers.

But I always like your threads.

(1) State facts
...lastly

(1) State facts
...lastly

LOL....and of course contards don't do that.......except every other minute here at USMB.....

(1) State facts
...lastly

(1) State facts
...lastly

I've pointed out the implications of their behavior to them over and over again....

I do not understand how they can know that they have to dodge real issues in order to "defend" their positions ...

Yet we have pointed out the implications of your behavior to you over and over again.

How can you continue to do what you do and not realize that means that you are wrong?

(1) State facts
...lastly

(1) State facts
...lastly

Yet we have pointed out the implications of your behavior to you over and over again.

How can you continue to do what you do and not realize that means that you are wrong?

Actually, you have not.

Also, yeah, but you to, is a tacit admission.

Forum List

Back