How Trump's tax returns can be viewed by House Committees....

I dont think any trump supporter is afraid if what is in his records, I think why you get so much pushback is because they dont like the Democrats running roughshod over the law, and it seems the left is out to deface and impeach trump under any circumstances, even if they have to fabricate allegations from out of context information.

Moron.........Right wingers are currently in charge of every aspect of government......
A republican was fired by the orange charlatan....A republican appointed another republican to investigate the orange charlatan......

Democrats WILL BE FOLLOWING THE LAW OUTLINED IN THE O/P........

Live with it.......Squeal all you want but Trump's corruption will be uncovered.
Again, read the rules regarding closed executive session. I dont believe, even if they find the information they are looking for, that they can release those records.

Again, I'm just trying to understand what the law says and how it applies regarding the tax law as stated.

Haha the last time you got in power you didn't convict bush jr of war crimes .

What the fuck does THAT have to do with this thread???

Everything..you keep promising us stuff and never deliver..

Why is that?

We have heard it a thousand of times how the left was going to get the war criminal bush jr .

And you always disappointed us.

Why?

I wanted to see bush jr on trial..

It's the same thing with trump..

To big to fry

did, and the law states that those records can only be obtained in closed executive session. If you look at the rules for closed executive session, it means that secrecy and confidentiality rules apply, which means nothing in that session is allowed to be made public.

The tax returns will be reviewed in closed sessions.....HOWEVER, they will be reviewed by LAWMAKERS (like it or not) and if something rotten exists (CONFIRMED by Trump's reluctance to make them public) THEN lawmakers can and will relay their findings for further prosecution.

OTHERWISE, why have that law in the first place if not for a possible reason to prosecute.....for sure it was not written for reading pleasure.
Don't know why they wrote the law the way they did. All I know is it says they can only be reviewed in exec session, which has secrecy rules required.

From my reading, there is no provision for allowing them to release those records.

Perhaps this law was not written for the purpose of criminal investigation, but for other reasons? Maybe there is another section which more specifically defines the procedure for criminal investigations.

Haha the last time you got in power you didn't convict bush jr of war crimes .

What the fuck does THAT have to do with this thread???

Everything..you keep promising us stuff and never deliver..

Why is that?

We have heard it a thousand of times how the left was going to get the war criminal bush jr .

And you always disappointed us.

Why?

I wanted to see bush jr on trial..

It's the same thing with trump..

To big to fry

Same thing with Hillary and bill to big to fry..

did, and the law states that those records can only be obtained in closed executive session. If you look at the rules for closed executive session, it means that secrecy and confidentiality rules apply, which means nothing in that session is allowed to be made public.

The tax returns will be reviewed in closed sessions.....HOWEVER, they will be reviewed by LAWMAKERS (like it or not) and if something rotten exists (CONFIRMED by Trump's reluctance to make them public) THEN lawmakers can and will relay their findings for further prosecution.

OTHERWISE, why have that law in the first place if not for a possible reason to prosecute.....for sure it was not written for reading pleasure.
Don't know why they wrote the law the way they did. All I know is it says they can only be reviewed in exec session, which has secrecy rules required.

From my reading, there is no provision for allowing them to release those records.

Perhaps this law was not written for the purpose of criminal investigation, but for other reasons? Maybe there is another section which more specifically defines the procedure for criminal investigations.

1924 ..read up on it.

Also, trump not releasing them doesn't confirm his guilt. There could be other reasons. I dont know what they would be, but I suppose it's possible. It is also possible he could be hiding something. We cant make assumptions, however, because we simply dont know.

Let's let the investigation run its course, and if they find a way to release his tax records legally, then we will all know.

No your reading it right, Trump could tell the IRS no to release them .

Oh PLEASE advise the orange moron to obstruct the carrying out of justice even MORE......PLEASE.......LOL

It's not justice poop head..its a right to privacy .

I believe that is EXACTLY what Al Capone's attorneys argued.......How did THAT turn out?

LMAO
That tax law was passed after capone was dead. This law wasn't around when capone was in his criminal empire.

Again, read the rules regarding closed executive session. I dont believe, even if they find the information they are looking for, that they can release those records.

Please use whatever brain cells you may have left........WHY would a law be enacted and codified if NOTHING could be done to utilize that law toward prosecution?

What you and your ilk are moronically "concluding" is that a House select committee can SEE an unlawful and/or unethical activity, but can do nothing about it....???

Make sense right wingers...your desperation is making you into raving morons..

1924 ..read up on it.
1924? I'm not following.

That tax law was passed after capone was dead. This law wasn't around when capone was in his criminal empire.

Why do I even bother......???

Here....,How do you "think" that Manafort was found guilty of tax fraud???

Please use whatever brain cells you may have left........WHY would a law be enacted and codified if NOTHING could be done to utilize that law toward prosecution?

What you and your ilk are moronically "concluding" is that a House select committee can SEE an unlawful and/or unethical activity, but can do nothing about it....???

Make sense right wingers...your desperation is making you into raving morons..
No, I said perhaps this law was not written in regards to criminal investigation, which would make perfect sense in regards to not releasing the information.

Again, the law quoted doesn't specify why the committe can request the tax information, but it does say they cant disclose it. One can only assume that this does not apply to criminal investigations.

My question to you would be, why would they write the closed executive session clause in there, and not include a provision for criminal findings, and include no wording for what they can do if they find criminal activity, if they had thought they might come across nefarious activity?

My first thought would be because this was not written for that purpose.

Again, you cite Al Capone, which this law has nothing to do with, because this law was written after capone was dead.

Ok, not seeing the connection to Al capone, whom you have cited a few time in this post.

Ok, not seeing the connection to Al capone, whom you have cited a few time in this post.

A bit dense, poster????

Al Capone was convicted for tax evasion and fraud.....
The IRS tax code has become even STRICTER since the 1930 s and what you stubborn Trump acolytes refuse to acknowledge is that Manafort would not have been convicted if no one could prosecute based on the court exposure of his tax returns.

Are you helping Bongino sell his novels???............LOL

Every politician you get in there's profited from the same effect they're all millionaires
And it should be pushed back against. Bush family and the Saudis, for instance. Surely you don't think, since that happened, what trump is doing is okay?

Forum List

Back