How we lost our Constitution

Marilyn M. Barnewall -- American Matrix How We Lost Our Constitution Part 1

Are we really losing our Constitutional Republic?
How Many Constitutional Rights Have We Lost?
How Many Constitutional Freedoms Have We Lost?
Government of the people, by the people, and for the people no longer exists.
We're screwed and we're going to stay screwed
Well, voters continue to elect and to re-elect professional politicians to serve in government, what do they expect? Do voters actually think that by voting for professional politicians, that they'll be represented in government? Nah, no one can be that stupid, can they?

Obviously they or rather you are that stupid.
I have never voted for one in my life, and wouldn't under any circumstance. I wouldn't do that to this country, nor to her citizens. I'm not that stupid. FYI - Calling me stupid without knowing anything about me, speaks more to you than it does to me. Name calling is what kids to on the school playground, and not on public forums where we're suppose to have conversations in an adult and civil manner. Think about it, please.

Are you saying you didn't vote for Obama or you don't consider him a professional.

BTW you started with the name calling by implying that people that don't vote the in the manner acceptable to you are stupid.

You should take your own advice and stop calling people stupid without knowing anything about them.
I did NOT vote for Mr. Obama, and would not do that to this country. Yes, he is a professional politician, and was a politician before being elected as president. I did not call anyone stupid, I said that stupid voters elect and re-elect professional politicians to serve in government. I called no one by name. It was a collective description. And, the sad shameful state of this once great nation verifies my statement.

Professional politician now?

For years he has been a community organizer

Well, voters continue to elect and to re-elect professional politicians to serve in government, what do they expect? Do voters actually think that by voting for professional politicians, that they'll be represented in government? Nah, no one can be that stupid, can they?

Obviously they or rather you are that stupid.
I have never voted for one in my life, and wouldn't under any circumstance. I wouldn't do that to this country, nor to her citizens. I'm not that stupid. FYI - Calling me stupid without knowing anything about me, speaks more to you than it does to me. Name calling is what kids to on the school playground, and not on public forums where we're suppose to have conversations in an adult and civil manner. Think about it, please.

Are you saying you didn't vote for Obama or you don't consider him a professional.

BTW you started with the name calling by implying that people that don't vote the in the manner acceptable to you are stupid.

You should take your own advice and stop calling people stupid without knowing anything about them.
I did NOT vote for Mr. Obama, and would not do that to this country. Yes, he is a professional politician, and was a politician before being elected as president. I did not call anyone stupid, I said that stupid voters elect and re-elect professional politicians to serve in government. I called no one by name. It was a collective description. And, the sad shameful state of this once great nation verifies my statement.

Professional politician now?

For years he has been a community organizer
But, I believe he was also a senator. Am I wrong? Please correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks.

I read both and neither article disputes what I posted.
Right from your 1st link;
Thus, Jefferson strongly suggests that the closer we get to the ideal of a pure republic, the better.
All of our founders agreed to and wrote it into our Constitution that all of the States are guaranteed a Republican form of Government and then they signed it.
We are suppose to be a Republic and not a Democracy.
P.S. Jefferson was not there to sign it. He was in France.

Are you being intentionally obtuse - the distinction between pure democracy and represented democracy are clear - we vote don't we? Many republics have appointed legislatures ours are elected. Art. 1, Sec 2 speaks to voting for our legislature. Damn, you people are so brainwashed.

You are the one who is brainwashed.
In a Constitutional Republic we have freedom.
In a Representative Democracy you lose freedom
Do we or do we not have 3 separate branches of government based on laws? This is what a Constitutional Republic is.
Iran is a Democracy. The people vote but there is no separation of powers in their government.

Good grief, GB has a Constitutional Monarchy and a separation of powers, N Korea has a Constitutional Democratic People's Republic and we have a Constitutional Plutocracy - let's pass on the semantics and tell the truth. Don't for a minute think the power elite in America don't own a majority in both chambers of Congress - no matter which party is in the majority.

And that is exactly why both parties are attacking the Tea Party and their candidates. It under minds their control if the people start to get the control back like it is suppose to be.

The tea party? (well that explains it) The tea party is missing three important ingredients: Pragmatism, Realism and a Sane Spokesperson; the same are missing from the Libertarian Party. Until a charismatic, pragmatic and realistic (honest) person speaks out for either faction, both will remain also ran's and the butt of jokes.
Of course that will never happen.

TPM/libertarianism is about blind adherence to dogma, having nothing to do with the truth, facts, or pragmatism.

TPM/libertarianism is about naïve reactionaryism, fear of change and diversity, fear of dissent and expressions of individual liberty. Both are also predicated on an ignorance of, and contempt for, the Constitution and its case law.

“Are we really losing our Constitutional Republic?”

No.

“How Many Constitutional Rights Have We Lost?”

None.

“How Many Constitutional Freedoms Have We Lost?”

Again, none.

“Government of the people, by the people, and for the people no longer exists.
We're screwed and we're going to stay screwed.”

Hyperbolic, unfounded nonsense.

More Americans enjoy greater freedom and liberty today than at anytime in our Nation's history. The Constitution's case law affords every American the means by which to challenge government overreach and defend his civil liberties, case law consistent with the original intent of the Framers.

There are many fundamental principles and facts concerning the Constitution, its case law, the rule of law, and how that's applied to sound, responsible governance that many fail to understand or refuse to acknowledge:

Although inalienable our rights are not absolute, and subject to reasonable restrictions by government; the Constitution authorizes government to enact necessary and proper regulatory policies that in no way 'infringe' on citizens' civil rights. The Constitution affords Congress powers both expressed and implied, where the latter facilitate the execution of the former. Articles III and VI of the Constitution recognize and codify the doctrine of judicial review, the interpretive authority of the courts, authorizing the courts to determine what the Constitution means.

In addition, Articles III and VI, along with the Grievances Clause of the First Amendment, empower the people to file suit in Federal court to challenge acts of government, to seek relief when the people perceive the government to have acted in a manner contrary to Constitutional case law, to have the Constitution's case law comprehensively and consistently applied to the controversy at issue, where in order for the state to restrict, limit, or preempt a citizen's rights. such an act by government must be rationally based, predicated on objective, documented evidence in support, and pursue a proper legislative end; and failing that, the courts are authorized by the Constitution to invalidate laws, acts, and other measures – whether the consequence of elected representatives or referenda of the people – found to be repugnant to the Constitution.

Given these facts it is clear that the Constitution is in no way 'lost,' that we have 'lost' neither rights nor freedoms, and that the people retain their full privileges and immunities as citizens of the United States to defend their civil rights, freedoms, and liberties.

Marilyn M. Barnewall -- American Matrix How We Lost Our Constitution Part 1

Are we really losing our Constitutional Republic?
How Many Constitutional Rights Have We Lost?
How Many Constitutional Freedoms Have We Lost?
Government of the people, by the people, and for the people no longer exists.
We're screwed and we're going to stay screwed

And when we check your random 'source' on the internet, we get this little rhetorical gem:

1. Are you aware that the United States is incorporated? No, this article isn’t about Strawmen or your name being in CAPITAL letters on all legal documents like your birth certificate, driver’s license, Social Security Card, Passport, etc. There is the United States of America and there is the United States of America, Inc. There is a good reason for what happened and it does not involve the bankruptcy of this nation.

The old 'capital letters' pseudo-legal gibberish. One of the most brain dead conspiracies in the history of batshitdom.

And the first, front and center argument of your 'source', OP.

Do I think America is going down a bad road economically? Sure. Do I think that civil society in America is dead, and that tyranny is just around the corner? No.

Check out the link in the OP. You're dealing with a conspiracy nutter here, offering up the old 'capital letters' fantasy. I'm shocked the linked schtick doesn't mention yellow fringe on flags and 'maritime law' as part of its hapless idiocy.

Are you being intentionally obtuse - the distinction between pure democracy and represented democracy are clear - we vote don't we? Many republics have appointed legislatures ours are elected. Art. 1, Sec 2 speaks to voting for our legislature. Damn, you people are so brainwashed.

You are the one who is brainwashed.
In a Constitutional Republic we have freedom.
In a Representative Democracy you lose freedom
Do we or do we not have 3 separate branches of government based on laws? This is what a Constitutional Republic is.
Iran is a Democracy. The people vote but there is no separation of powers in their government.

Good grief, GB has a Constitutional Monarchy and a separation of powers, N Korea has a Constitutional Democratic People's Republic and we have a Constitutional Plutocracy - let's pass on the semantics and tell the truth. Don't for a minute think the power elite in America don't own a majority in both chambers of Congress - no matter which party is in the majority.

And that is exactly why both parties are attacking the Tea Party and their candidates. It under minds their control if the people start to get the control back like it is suppose to be.

The tea party? (well that explains it) The tea party is missing three important ingredients: Pragmatism, Realism and a Sane Spokesperson; the same are missing from the Libertarian Party. Until a charismatic, pragmatic and realistic (honest) person speaks out for either faction, both will remain also ran's and the butt of jokes.
Of course that will never happen.

TPM/libertarianism is about blind adherence to dogma...

I couldn't help but to notice that your gal-pal Ny Cabby is unable to sustain her position, so it follows that given your assent to her unsustainable position, that you too will be unable to provide examples of the 'dogma' to which the libertarians are blindly adhering...

So toward proving THAT... I'm specifically asking you to cite specific examples of the dogma you claim that libertarians are blindly following.

(Reader; she too will be incapable of sustaining her emphatically advanced assertion... and yes, that is a clue.)

No.

You're basing this upon what: SPECIFICALLY?

None.

Huh... really? So you're sayin' then that an American still has the right to unfettered use of the product of their labor? How about the right to peaceably assemble and form political organizations without fear of government interference? Because the last time I checked, the government claims the power to usurp up to 100% of the product of one's labor and the current administration is known to have used the power they claim is just, to prevent the people from forming political organizations... . That's just two examples that come to mind where your government precludes you from exercising the right to pursue the fulfillment of your life... .

Again, none.

Based upon what?

Straw reasoning...

More Americans enjoy greater freedom and liberty today than at anytime in our Nation's history.

Based upon WHAT?

I presume that you will show a soundly reasoned basis in the content yet to be considered. Let's you and I take it line by line to see if you provide such a basis.

The Constitution's case law affords every American the means by which to challenge government overreach and defend his civil liberties, case law consistent with the original intent of the Framers.

Huh... No basis for your position in that deflective drivel.

There are many fundamental principles and facts concerning the Constitution, its case law, the rule of law, and how that's applied to sound, responsible governance that many fail to understand or refuse to acknowledge:

Although inalienable our rights are not absolute, and subject to reasonable restrictions by government; the Constitution authorizes government to enact necessary and proper regulatory policies that in no way 'infringe' on citizens' civil rights. The Constitution affords Congress powers both expressed and implied, where the latter facilitate the execution of the former. Articles III and VI of the Constitution recognize and codify the doctrine of judicial review, the interpretive authority of the courts, authorizing the courts to determine what the Constitution means.

Nothing there... beyond the usual misnomers common to addled reasoning. Unalienable rights are in fact absolute.

Meaning that the individual possessing such a right is absolutely entitled to exercise that right, right up to the point where their doing so, precludes the means of another to exercise their own rights.

That does not limit the right... despite the idiocy which claims otherwise.

In addition, Articles III and VI, along with the Grievances Clause of the First Amendment, empower the people to file suit in Federal court to challenge acts of government, to seek relief when the people perceive the government to have acted in a manner contrary to Constitutional case law, to have the Constitution's case law comprehensively and consistently applied to the controversy at issue, where in order for the state to restrict, limit, or preempt a citizen's rights. such an act by government must be rationally based, predicated on objective, documented evidence in support, and pursue a proper legislative end; and failing that, the courts are authorized by the Constitution to invalidate laws, acts, and other measures – whether the consequence of elected representatives or referenda of the people – found to be repugnant to the Constitution.

Given these facts it is clear that the Constitution is in no way 'lost,' that we have 'lost' neither rights nor freedoms, and that the people retain their full privileges and immunities as citizens of the United States to defend their civil rights, freedoms, and liberties.

Huh... go figure. NOT A WORD WHICH SUSTAINS YOUR PROFESSED POSITION.

Would you like to try again?

Huh... really? So you're sayin' then that an American still has the right to unfettered use of the product of their labor? How about the right to peaceably assemble and form political organizations without fear of government interference? Because the last time I checked, the government claims the power to usurp up to 100% of the product of one's labor and the current administration is known to have used the power they claim is just, to prevent the people from forming political organizations... .

The 'current administration? I'm assuming by 'current administration', you don't mean the President.

And there were no prohibitions on income taxes or tax rates under the original constitution. Since you're speaking of 'hypothetical' tax rates, every tax rate you cited was hypothetically possible in the age of the founders as well.

Straw reasoning...

I don't think 'straw reasoning' means what you think it means. That's not it.

More Americans enjoy greater freedom and liberty today than at anytime in our Nation's history.

Based upon WHAT?

Based on the greater number of rights recognized and protected, held by the greatest number of people, and near universal suffrage. In the age of the founders, only white male land owners could vote.

Now everyone but children and felons get to vote.

Also, in the age of the founders the Bill of Rights didn't apply to the States. The States could and did violate constitutionally guaranteed rights. It wasn't until the application of the 14th amendment that the Bill of Rights was finally applied to the States.

Those are an entire class of constitutional protections that exist now that didn't exist in the era of the founders.

Another obvious difference would the lack of slavery. While legal, its was hardly an example of 'freedom and liberty'. But an abominable abrogation of both. We've outlawed it. Poll taxes, segregation, anti-semetic laws, draconian laws against gays........all existed in the past with much greater frequency and effect than they do right now.

Do you even disagree? Can you name a period where more people had more rights than they do today? If so, give us the year.

No.

None.

Again, none.

More Americans enjoy greater freedom and liberty today than at anytime in our Nation's history. The Constitution's case law affords every American the means by which to challenge government overreach and defend his civil liberties, case law consistent with the original intent of the Framers.

What about these:

(1) The right to privacy ( wire taps, opening mail, listening to phone calls, invasion of privacy on the internet, cameras everywhere, devises that see through walls, etc. )
(2) Illegal search and seizure
(3) Freedom ( how many innocent citizens are in our prisons and jails? ) - illegal roadblocks
(4) Free speech
(5) Innocent until proven guilty
(6) Taxation with representation

No.

None.

Again, none.

What about these:

(1) The right to privacy ( wire taps, opening mail, listening to phone calls, invasion of privacy on the internet, cameras everywhere, devises that see through walls, etc. )
(3) Freedom ( how many innocent citizens are in our prisons and jails? ) - illegal roadblocks
(4) Free speech

Taxation without representation? Can you give me an example of that?

No.

None.

Again, none.

What about these:

(4) Free speech

He said Taxation WITH representation

I guess he hasn't figured out that whole Constitution thing

No.

None.

Again, none.

What about these:

(4) Free speech

Oh, my bad. I think I may have read what he meant rather than what he typed.

No.

None.

Again, none.

What about these:

(4) Free speech

Do you know of anyone outside the wealthy, the powerful, the influential, corporate America, and the financial institutions that's represented in Washington? If so, may I ask whom? I'm certainly not represented, my family is not represented, my community is not represented, and our men and women of the armed forces are not represented. Exactly who do you know that is fairly, equally, and justly represented by the professional politicians seated in Washington? Thanks.

No.

None.

Again, none.

What about these:

(4) Free speech

He asked what have we lost. I replied, "taxation with representation". He asked, and I answered. Oh, I figured out the Constitution long ago, thank you.

No.

None.

Again, none.

What about these:

(4) Free speech

He asked what have we lost. I replied, "taxation with representation". He asked, and I answered. Oh, I figured out the Constitution long ago, thank you.

Okay....how have we lost taxation with representation. Specifically.

No.

None.

Again, none.

What about these:

(4) Free speech

Okay....how have we lost taxation with representation. Specifically.
I'm not represented, my family is not represented, my community is not represented, the poor and less fortunate aren't represented, our men and women of the armed forces aren't represented, our rapidly growing work force is not represented, our border patrol is not represented, and we all pay our taxes. We pay taxes to have our infrastructure repaired and upgraded, we pay to have our rights honored, we pay to have a voice in government, we pay to ensure our freedom, and we pay to have our soldiers well taken care of. We pay for a lot that we don't get, and we're certainly not represented. But, the wealthy, the powerful, the influential, Wall Street, the financial institutions, and the donors that feed the establishment and provide Lobbyists are well represented. John Q. Public can't afford to be represented. The average person can't afford to buy favors, legislation, policy, and be represented. John Q. Public is for tax revenue and votes ONLY, nothing more.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back