How will the anti God crowd act if Jesus comes soon.

How will the pro god people feel when their savior never shows up?

No worry here,as sure as the sun comes up tomorrow the son shall return and it's looking like very soon.

People have been saying that for 1900 - 2000 years.

Yes, they sure have. It was also written that some people would also scoff and ask, "Where is the promise of His coming?"

The thing is, the Lord has more Grace than we can even imagine.

2 Peter 3:3-10
King James Version (KJV)

3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

Correct, this is one of the things that makes me frown about christianity, the worse sin has nothing to do with character according to the Bible.

Hence why it's more likely for Hitler to get into heaven than Ghandi.

I went to catholic school and lived in the South.

hell is chock full of people.

Baptist; If you don't get baptised, you don't get into heaven. If you do, you get in automatically, no matter what.

Catholics, Lutherans, Methodist; suicide is a B-line to hell b/c you died w/o absolution.

Various; being gay gets you the hot seat b/c you lived that way you never truly wanted forgiveness for that sin.

And yes, that means unbaptised infants are in hell.

So please don't wonder why I put no faith in mans religions

Now if you only understood what hell really is.

It varies.

Most consider it a place of eternal fire, some a place a endless torment, and a few think of it as a hole in the ground where you sit and wait for the 2nd coming.

If Jesus came back today, he would slap you Christians in the face and say "Look what you did in my name"

I agree that religions will be getting slapped but not true Christians.

No such thing as a true christian.

The bible has a large amount of text that where not only not added, but tossed out and destroyed.

Then over 2000 years, it has been edited and re-edited to suit rulers and popes.

Can you read in aramaic ? How bout Geek ? or maybe Latin ?

They had to edit as languaged changed and make it available in every known language to man.

They did it when there was a better way of saying the same things.

Use a little reasoning for God's sake some of the writing's are 3,500 years old and the new testament nearly 2,000 years old.

Baptist; If you don't get baptised, you don't get into heaven. If you do, you get in automatically, no matter what.

Catholics, Lutherans, Methodist; suicide is a B-line to hell b/c you died w/o absolution.

Various; being gay gets you the hot seat b/c you lived that way you never truly wanted forgiveness for that sin.

Of course, the Christian practicing gluttons, while agreeing with that for gays, don't believe that for themselves. You have gluttonous preachers like Falwell, Hagee, etc., who swear they will be in heaven while condemning gays to hell.

The 7 deadly sins are not in the bible.

But I get your point.

I agree that religions will be getting slapped but not true Christians.

The bible has a large amount of text that where not only not added, but tossed out and destroyed.

Then over 2000 years, it has been edited and re-edited to suit rulers and popes.

They had to edit as languaged changed and make it available in every known language to man.

Use a little reasoning for God's sake some of the writing's are 3,500 years old and the new testament nearly 2,000 years old.

I thought I was.:lol:

Ever hear of "The King James Version" of the bible?

Or know how Popes altered the bible to suit thier needs?
:lol:

I've picked up 4 different version of the bible. I thought I'd go through and point out the differences just for some laughs.
I got a beer, a blt and some chips, thinking it would take a while.
I didn't make it past "In the beginning." :lol:

You can not expect me to even consider any of is the word of god or christ anymore.

oh and fyi; "Turn the other cheek" doesn't mean you are supposed to let yourself get hit again and it actually was about getting hit, not just brushing off an insult.

No worry here,as sure as the sun comes up tomorrow the son shall return and it's looking like very soon.

People have been saying that for 1900 - 2000 years.

Really,not the church or would you like to prove it ?

I don't want to dig up stuff, so I will call upon your memories.

Recall all the hoopla for Y2K? The year 2000, everyone dies.

Did you see the specials on TV about the year 1000? where people sold thier crap b/c they thought it was the end?

Have you missed all the quacks with thier dooms day cults?

Do you think it's new?

How will the pro god people feel when their savior never shows up?

That's the bliss.

He's always coming

No Jesus said the last days would bnegin after his death that started with the destruction of the temple and Israel.

Jesus went on to explain how those last days will play out in exact chronology so we would know the ytime of the end.

You see i love my fellow Christians but they're not dilligent enough in God's word to understand some of these things.

It's like these guys that take a few classes in biology and think they fully understand everything that concerns evolution, but they simply can't defend what they believe because they don't have sound understanding of genetics and such important subjects to see that their beloved theory is an impossibility.
But didn't he say it was to happen shortly, in fact within the lifespan of the generation listening to him at the time?

Mt 24:3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?
Mt 24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

MAR 13:30 Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.

LUK 21:32 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.

Rev 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

Last edited:
If there was any validity to it at all, the bookies and internet gambling sites would be making a fortune taking bets and giving odds.

Now if you only understood what hell really is.

It varies.

Most consider it a place of eternal fire, some a place a endless torment, and a few think of it as a hole in the ground where you sit and wait for the 2nd coming.

Psa 9:17 The wicked shall be turned into hell, all the nations that forget God.

Psa 16:10 For You will not leave My soul in hell; You will not allow Your Holy One to see corruption.

Do holy ones get tormented in hell ?

Psa 18:5 The sorrows of hell surrounded me; the snares of death confronted me.

Pro 5:5 Her feet go down to death; her steps take hold on hell,

Pro 7:27 Her house is the way to hell, going down to the rooms of death.

Pro 27:20 Hell and destruction are never full; so the eyes of man are never satisfied.

Isa 14:15 Yet you shall be brought down to hell, to the sides of the Pit.

Isa 28:15 Because you have said, We have made a covenant with death, and we have made a vision with hell; when the overwhelming rod shall pass through, it shall not come to us; for we have made lies our refuge, and we have hidden ourselves under falsehood,

Mat 5:29 And if your right eye offends you, pluck it out and throw it from you. For it is profitable for you that one of your members should perish, and not that your whole body should be thrown into hell.

Mat 10:28 And do not fear those who kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul. But rather fear Him who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

Job 17:1 My spirit is consumed, my days are extinct, The grave is ready for me.

Ok here we go they're the same place.

Job 14:13

(ASV) Oh that thou wouldest hide me in Sheol, That thou wouldest keep me secret, until thy wrath be past, That thou wouldest appoint me a set time, and remember me!

(BBE) If only you would keep me safe in the underworld, putting me in a secret place till your wrath is past, giving me a fixed time when I might come to your memory again!

(CEV) Please hide me, God, deep in the ground-- and when you are angry no more, remember to rescue me.

(KJV) O that thou wouldest hide me in the grave, that thou wouldest keep me secret, until thy wrath be past, that thou wouldest appoint me a set time, and remember me!

Clearly people get the wrong view of hell by reading the fires of hell and torment as literal.

I've picked up 4 different version of the bible. I thought I'd go through and point out the differences just for some laughs.

You can not expect me to even consider any of is the word of god or christ anymore.

oh and fyi; "Turn the other cheek" doesn't mean you are supposed to let yourself get hit again and it actually was about getting hit, not just brushing off an insult.

Exactly it takes even more faith in man over the years than faith in God. All the different edits, all the translations, and for anyone who's ever learned a foreign language you know that there are some words that just don't translate into another language. You have to just hope that the editors and authors over the years have gotten across the right message during translations.

Exactly it takes even more faith in man over the years than faith in God. All the different edits, all the translations, and for anyone who's ever learned a foreign language you know that there are some words that just don't translate into another language. You have to just hope that the editors and authors over the years have gotten across the right message during translations.

I think I broke Youwere.

He's quoting the bible to prove his point, after I informed him I consider it a very edited book. PLUS he listed Job, a story that a preist told me isn't true. :lol:

oh well

One of my fav lost in translations; The soul. 2000+ years ago, the jews considered your body to be your soul. BUT, when the Greeks translated it, there was no correcting or re-defining for the locals. Thus all of christiandom was lead to believe that our soul [energy with in] goes up of down.

Got that years ago off of one of the learning channels. It could be wrong, but it's...
well

It's funny as hell. :eusa_whistle:

Wrong, can you point to any translation other than one that was done for a particular religion that changed the meaning of the scriptures ?

Wrong, can you point to any translation other than one that was done for a particular religion that changed the meaning of the scriptures ?

The King James Version of the bible

Forum List

Back