How will the anti God crowd act if Jesus comes soon.

Ever notice how God always gets a pass on all the bad shit that happens and credit for all the good?

Correct, this is one of the things that makes me frown about christianity, the worse sin has nothing to do with character according to the Bible.

Hence why it's more likely for Hitler to get into heaven than Ghandi.

All sin brings death according to God.
so whats the punishment for suicide death ??
you are being silly again

There is only one unforgivable sin, blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.

It don't matter what sin we commit the punishment is death.

Adam and eve ate from the forbidden tree,it was the act of disobedience to God that brought death. Some sins that we commit requires immediate death but the result of all sin leads to death.

If adam and eve did not sin we would still be perfect and we would not be dying.

The only atonement that leads to eternal life is the atonement that Jesus paid with his blood. Jesus's sacrifice set's us up for eternal life but more is required to gain that eternal life.

One thing is to believe in the son of God and put our faith in him,if you lack faith and don't believe in the son of God from what i read in the scriptures it looks hopeless for those people.

Adam and eve ate from the forbidden tree,it was the act of disobedience to God that brought death. Some sins that we commit requires immediate death but the result of all sin leads to death.

If adam and eve did not sin we would still be perfect and we would not be dying.

The only atonement that leads to eternal life is the atonement that Jesus paid with his blood. Jesus's sacrifice set's us up for eternal life but more is required to gain that eternal life.

One thing is to believe in the son of God and put our faith in him,if you lack faith and don't believe in the son of God from what i read in the scriptures it looks hopeless for those people.

If that were the case, wouldn't it getting a bit crowded by now?

That's why he won't show up. He's locked in the bathroom with an infinite supply of Vaseline.

See previous discussion of "blasphemy of the Holy Spirit".

I don't have a problem with atheists not believing. It doesn't waiver my faith in the slightest.
I consider Huggy and USCitizen very intelligent and respectful members of USMB.
Insulting them is counter-productive to having a good relationship with each other.
I also try not to force my belief on others. I will answer questions to the best of my knowledge regarding scripture and how I feel my God wants me to live.

Being insulting and vulgar is uncalled for, however.

Blah....blah...blah....

I respectfully request that you get off my leg Christian!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Huggy, what does being disrespectful to someone you don't know over the internet do for your ego ?

The way you act ,It kinda makes a person appear small, is that what you're shooting for ?

I'm not sure what you think is funny about your post. :eusa_eh:

He also killed people just for being related to the wrong people, he's a tough God to figure out in terms of morality.

Many of us are neither anti-God nor pro-Jesus. The opening question seems to assume that anybody who believes in God also believes in Jesus.

Well there is only one true God and i believe the bible pretty much blows away any theory or any other holy book available to man.

Many of us are neither anti-God nor pro-Jesus. The opening question seems to assume that anybody who believes in God also believes in Jesus.

Well there is only one true God and i believe the bible pretty much blows away any theory or any other holy book available to man.

Could you tell me where in the Bible it says that the Bible blows away any other holy book available to man? Or why it would want to?

If that were the case, wouldn't it getting a bit crowded by now?

Yup! This planet would be as dead and bare as Easter Island. The world population would be at least triple. All the fish would have been taken out of the sea... nary a tree left standing. No edible animals left in Africa or Asia or South America..or North America.

All of this would have occurred long before industrialization.

Fantasies like in the OP just show how stupid Christians and all organized religion is.

Don't make promises you can't keep. Don't believe is promises that cannot be kept.

We are on our own Sport fans... The sooner we come out of our comas and understand this fact the sooner we will have the will to act like this is all we have and had better take care of it.

I don't have a problem with atheists not believing. It doesn't waiver my faith in the slightest.
Insulting them is counter-productive to having a good relationship with each other.
I also try not to force my belief on others. I will answer questions to the best of my knowledge regarding scripture and how I feel my God wants me to live.

Blah....blah...blah....

Huggy, what does being disrespectful to someone you don't know over the internet do for your ego ?

The way you act ,It kinda makes a person appear small, is that what you're shooting for ?

It never ceases to amaze me how hypocritical religious zealots like you really are! You accuse someone of being disrespectful to you over the Internet yet you started this thread with a post that is disrespectful to all those who happen not to have the same beliefs as you! Go forth and multiply you self-righteous prig!

Well since you just said a thousand years was like a day to God, then he created the world in a matter of seconds.

Why hasn't he shown up in 2000 years? Where was he in WWII?

Kind of dropped the ball there didn't he?

Well ,he said when he will return, and the god of this world you see now is satan.

the disciplines believed jesus would return in their lifetimes

Whoever believed that was simply wrong and did not understand the message of Jesus.

No one knew for sure when he would be back and they still don't today but Jesus gave the time frame through prophecy and he said all these things have to be fulfilled then the end will come.

The two prophecies that would lets us no the time is soon was the fall of babylon the great in other words when the nations would turn on religion, and when the gospels of Jesus Christ would be preached in every land. Well we have Christians in every land and they're preaching the gospels, and the bible is now printed in every known language to man.

You can see how religion is not a popular thing and it's getting worse not sure how far it goes but God said when they attack my people it will be like them putting their finger in my eye, No one can take that very long.

Last edited:

Blah....blah...blah....

Your sense of humor is not my responsibility.

But since we are on the subject..Yes...I have been attempting to become "smaller". Lost 40 lbs gradually and steadily over the last 14 months. :lol: :lol:

What do you think you will say to Jesus ?

How do you think you will act towards Jesus ?

Will you ask for forgivness ?

I'm more interested in knowing what you'll say when the Second Coming doesn't happen.

However, to respond:
1. What do you think you will say to Jesus ?
"Yo, Jesus! Wanna grab a couple beers while we talk about my job in your administration?"​

2. How do you think you will act towards Jesus ?
Depends on how he acts toward me. If he's cool, I'll be cool back. If he acts all "judgy" an' shit, I might bust a cap in his noggin.​

3. Will you ask for forgivness ?
That question presupposes I have something to be forgiven for, and that I feel regret for my actions. I don't on the second count, and therefore by the associative principle, I also don't on the first count.​

Well ,he said when he will return, and the god of this world you see now is satan.

the disciplines believed jesus would return in their lifetimes

Whoever believed that was simply wrong and did not understand the message of Jesus.

No one knew for sure when he would be back and they still don't today but Jesus gave the time frame through prophecy and he said all these things have to be fulfilled then the end will come.

The two prophecies that would lets us no the time is soon was the fall of babylon the great in other words when the nations would turn on religion, and when the gospels of Jesus Christ would be preached in every land. Well we have Christians in every land and they're preaching the gospels, and the bible is now printed in every known language to man.

You can see how religion is not a popular thing and it's getting worse not sure how far it goes but God said when they attack my people it will be like them putting their finger in my eye, No one can take that very long.

Christians who practice "Love Thy Neighbor" don't get attacked. Intolerant bullies get attacked. Christian theocrats and dominionists get challenged, as they should in America, the land of freedom of religion.

If you want to befriend non-christians, stop shoving your dogma in people's faces and trying to convert us.

Could you tell me where in the Bible it says that the Bible blows away any other holy book available to man? Or why it would want to?

The bible contains information that is unmatched by any theory or holy book available to man.

Isa 55:11 so shall My Word be, which goes out of My mouth; it shall not return to Me void, but it shall accomplish what I please, and it shall certainly do what I sent it to do.

Jer 1:12 And Jehovah said to me, You have seen well; for I will watch over My Word to perform it.

Jer 23:29 Is not My Word like a fire? says Jehovah; and like a hammer that breaks the rock in pieces?

Joh 5:24 Truly, truly, I say to you, He who hears My Word and believes on Him who sent Me has everlasting life and shall not come into condemnation, but has passed from death to life.

Joh 8:31 Then Jesus said to the Jews who believed on Him, If you continue in My Word, you are My disciples indeed.

Joh 14:23 Jesus answered and said to him, If a man loves Me, he will keep My Word. And My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him

Rev 3:8 I know your works. Behold, I have given before you an open door, and no one can shut it. For you have a little strength and have kept My Word and have not denied My name.

Blah....blah...blah....

It never ceases to amaze me how hypocritical religious zealots like you really are! You accuse someone of being disrespectful to you over the Internet yet you started this thread with a post that is disrespectful to all those who happen not to have the same beliefs as you! Go forth and multiply you self-righteous prig!

So we shouldn't be mature enough to have discussions like this ?

Is this not a discussion forum ?

You do know the difference between respect and disrespect don't you ?

Blah....blah...blah....

Your sense of humor is not my responsibility.

But since we are on the subject..Yes...I have been attempting to become "smaller". Lost 40 lbs gradually and steadily over the last 14 months. :lol: :lol:

Well i'm happy for you huggy.

What do you think you will say to Jesus ?

How do you think you will act towards Jesus ?

Will you ask for forgivness ?

I'm more interested in knowing what you'll say when the Second Coming doesn't happen.

However, to respond:
1. What do you think you will say to Jesus ?
"Yo, Jesus! Wanna grab a couple beers while we talk about my job in your administration?"​

2. How do you think you will act towards Jesus ?
Depends on how he acts toward me. If he's cool, I'll be cool back. If he acts all "judgy" an' shit, I might bust a cap in his noggin.​

3. Will you ask for forgivness ?
That question presupposes I have something to be forgiven for, and that I feel regret for my actions. I don't on the second count, and therefore by the associative principle, I also don't on the first count.​

I've lost nothing if it does not happen,i have had eight children, plenty of grand children ,and i have made many friends oh and i have had very fortunate life.

But i have no reason not to believe the bible. I have studied it for 40 years and it is an amazing book if a person only gives it the chance.

I'll say it again what you hope for is not gonna happen.

The bible contains information that is unmatched by any theory or holy book available to man.

And what information are you proposing is that?

Ill go through your verses:

Isa 55:11 so shall My Word be, which goes out of My mouth; it shall not return to Me void, but it shall accomplish what I please, and it shall certainly do what I sent it to do.

Doesn't mention the Bible

Jer 1:12 And Jehovah said to me, You have seen well; for I will watch over My Word to perform it.

Jer 23:29 Is not My Word like a fire? says Jehovah; and like a hammer that breaks the rock in pieces?

Joh 5:24 Truly, truly, I say to you, He who hears My Word and believes on Him who sent Me has everlasting life and shall not come into condemnation, but has passed from death to life.

Joh 8:31 Then Jesus said to the Jews who believed on Him, If you continue in My Word, you are My disciples indeed.

Joh 14:23 Jesus answered and said to him, If a man loves Me, he will keep My Word. And My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him

Rev 3:8 I know your works. Behold, I have given before you an open door, and no one can shut it. For you have a little strength and have kept My Word and have not denied My name.

Doesn't mention the Bible.

So you've provded 7 verses that don't mention the Bible to demonstrate where the Bible says that it blows away all other Holy Books.

You're arugment is severely lacking.

So we shouldn't be mature enough to have discussions like this ?

Is this not a discussion forum ?

You do know the difference between respect and disrespect don't you ?

I know the difference, but clearly you do not! Does your op show any respect for those who differ to you in their beliefs. NO it does NOT! And don't talk down to people, you sanctimoneous prig! You're no better than anyone else on this forum.

Forum List

Back