How You Can Be Saved Forever and Know It

"What must I do to be saved?" you ask. Here is God's answer given in Acts 16:31: "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved." Many are deceived, yet they should not be. It is not hard to be saved if one sincerely wishes to come God's way. To do the will of the Father means simply to trust Jesus Christ His Son who died to save you. He paid for all your sins. God is satisfied with the price Jesus paid, and offers free pardon to all who depend upon the Lord Jesus Christ for mercy. All through the Bible that blessed truth is given. Claim these blessed promises today:
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." - John 3:16.
"He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God." - John 3:18
"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life." - John 5:24.

*yawn*

why can't people like you keep your religion to yourselves and leave the rest of us alone.

I have my own beliefs and don't need yours.

thanks anyway

Yeah! What nerve posting something religious in the religious forum! KILL HER

"What must I do to be saved?" you ask. Here is God's answer given in Acts 16:31: "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved." Many are deceived, yet they should not be. It is not hard to be saved if one sincerely wishes to come God's way. To do the will of the Father means simply to trust Jesus Christ His Son who died to save you. He paid for all your sins. God is satisfied with the price Jesus paid, and offers free pardon to all who depend upon the Lord Jesus Christ for mercy. All through the Bible that blessed truth is given. Claim these blessed promises today:
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." - John 3:16.
"He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God." - John 3:18
"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life." - John 5:24.

*yawn*

why can't people like you keep your religion to yourselves and leave the rest of us alone.

thanks anyway

I still want to know why the other "CRIMINALS" (I think there were three----but I may be wrong----based on distant memory) were being crucified for

crucifixion was how the romans put people to death.

and there were dozens of so-called "messiahs" crucified.

what I wonder is why on earth, even if jesus were what they say he is, he would ever want to see a cross

Jesus knew he was the ultimate sacrifice for mans sin...He also tells us in the parables how to live in life's struggles and find peace throughout the pain and suffering., how to treat each other on the US message board..No...lol...:lol:

But seriously there is a spiritual world with a battle going on all around us we can't see with our eyes, but can with our soul. .It is like light a light bulb goes on and you see.

It won't hurt to ask God to see the truth..

Jillian, you do understand that believers here know you are Jewish and probably agnostic.

I don't think the bible lists their crimes...but the penitent criminal says to Christ that they deserve their fates, but that Christ has done nothing.

*yawn*

thanks anyway

discussions about religion are interesting.

more evangelical nonsense is simply annoying.

no one needs some religious zealot on the interenet trying to "save" them.

I know... you haven't a clue what that means

Jillian, you do understand that believers here know you are Jewish and probably agnostic.

I'm not agnostic.

but that has nothing to do with what I said

your rendition was only partially true and intentionally skewed.

reality: jeshua, the person called jesus by the romans, was trying to get people to rise up against rome. that made life dangerous for jews who were occupied. was he turned over... yes, for violating rome's laws.

*yawn*

thanks anyway

I still want to know why the other "CRIMINALS" (I think there were three----but I may be wrong----based on distant memory) were being crucified for

I believe they were thieves, there were 2. Some translations use the word revolutionaries. It isn't really germane. One mocked Jesus, one acknowledged His diety. One believed, one did not.

*yawn*

thanks anyway

They were theives!!!

I'm not agnostic.

reality: jeshua, the person called jesus by the romans, was trying to get people to rise up against rome. that made life dangerous for jews who were occupied. was he turned over... yes, for violating rome's laws.

Are you saying he was a "zealot"?

I'm not agnostic. but that has nothing to do with what I said your rendition was only partially true and intentionally skewed. reality: jeshua, the person called jesus by the romans, was trying to get people to rise up against rome. that made life dangerous for jews who were occupied. was he turned over... yes, for violating rome's laws.
My answer correct without skewing. We have differing accounts of thieves in the Gospels, and Biblical scholarship argues over that to this day.Your answer is skewed in picturing Jesus solely as a revolutionary, which he was not. He was neither Essene nor Zealot.

Are you an atheist, jillian?

I'm not agnostic.

Are you saying he was a "zealot"?

he may have been a zealot.

but he wasn't messiah.

I don't think the bible lists their crimes...but the penitent criminal says to Christ that they deserve their fates, but that Christ has done nothing.

What can we learn from the thief on the cross?

I'm not agnostic.

Pontius Pilot didn't want to crucify Jesus, because he was blameless.
Pontius Pilate

Though that you might find this interesting Jillian.

Jews for Jesus

As

*yawn*

thanks anyway

discussions about religion are interesting.

more evangelical nonsense is simply annoying.

no one needs some religious zealot on the interenet trying to "save" them.

I know... you haven't a clue what that means

As long as you get to pick the topic? If only you had the liberty to choose which threads you find interesting and pass on the ones you don't.

I'm not agnostic. but that has nothing to do with what I said your rendition was only partially true and intentionally skewed. reality: jeshua, the person called jesus by the romans, was trying to get people to rise up against rome. that made life dangerous for jews who were occupied. was he turned over... yes, for violating rome's laws.
My answer correct without skewing. We have differing accounts of thieves in the Gospels, and Biblical scholarship argues over that to this day.Your answer is skewed in picturing Jesus solely as a revolutionary, which he was not. He was neither Essene nor Zealot.

Are you an atheist, jillian?

no

and of course he was a revolutionary.

again, what he wasn't was the messiah

and in responding to this thread, understand I don't care what you believe if it brings you comfort and you don't hurt anyone.

but some self-satisfied religious zealot with a superiority complex isn't going to pretend his beliefs are superior to mine and talk about "saving" me

everyone believes their own beliefs are superior or they wouldn't hold to them.

I'm not agnostic.

Pontius Pilate

Jews for Jesus

your "link" was blocked as a "dubious link"

they can call themselves jews for jesus all they want, btw.... by definition there's no such thing as someone who thinks jeshua was messiah is a ...wait for it....

Christian.

not a jew.

but thanks for linking to religious dogma to try to validate religious dogma. :thup:

The cross is where Jesus defeated evil for all eternity and where Jesus paid mankind's sin debts so that we believers will now live eternal life with God as God makes His home here on the re-newed earth with His people for all eternity!

I agree there were many zealots in Rome at that time, the Sicarii groups come to mind, but I firmly believe he pissed off the Jews and their money making scheme at the temple is what got him killed. From my take on the NT, he was a zealot to the Pharisees.

There was a man hanging on the cross with Christ that was a criminal, was never baptized, not a follower, and broke the Commandments. He believed that Christ was who He said He was. That was enough to secure the thief's eternity in Paradise.

Hi Jakey. :)

what had the other "criminal" done that got him crucified? I have a burning desire to know. When you say he had broken THE COMMANDMENTS-----it seems to me that you mean one of the TEN COMMANDMENTS-------why would the romans have cared?
---------------------------------------------- I think that he was condemned by the Jewish scholars and lawmakers wasn't he ?? Sentence of death may have been a chore that they gave to the Romans to do . ------------ just a guess !!

I'm not agnostic.

Pontius Pilate

Jews for Jesus

your "link" was blocked as a "dubious link"

they can call themselves jews for jesus all they want, btw.... by definition there's no such thing as someone who thinks jeshua was messiah is a ...wait for it....

Christian.

not a jew.

but thanks for linking to religious dogma to try to validate religious dogma. :thup:

Oh really..weird about the link.. sorry..

look if you ever want to

Here is the website..JFJ - Established 32 AD, give or take a year. - Jews for Jesus

Forum List

Back