Huge numbers sign up for the ACA

we see some people have no shame in being a useful tool for a party in government

and of those signed up

how many are paying the full premium verses those

where the tax payer is picking up

most of the tab

The Cost Of Subsidies

But the authors of the Affordable Care Act didn't want the subsidies to become a drain on the Treasury and add to the deficits. So they included provisions designed to offset the cost of the subsidies.

MIT economist Jonathan Gruber, who helped develop the law, says a little over half the costs are offset by projected savings in Medicare payments to insurers and hospitals. Another half is offset by added taxes on medical-device makers and drug companies.

"The other source of revenue is a tax increase on the wealthiest Americans," he says. "Those families with incomes above $200,000 single $250,000 couple a year will now have to pay more in Medicare payroll taxes." 2.3% more

Those provisions actually make the bill a net positive for the federal budget, according to the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office. By the CBO's accounting, Obamacare will produce a surplus. Gruber says the law will "actually lower the deficit by about $100 billion over the next decade and by $1 trillion in the decade after."

However, many Republicans have expressed skepticism about those findings.

as you can see the actual taxpayer really doesn't pay for the subsidy as you think they do ... a lot of it comes from medicare savings, the other comes from corporations being taxed ... not the individual tax payer ... you won't see any taxes at you unless you make over 200,000 ... and thats was a increase in your medicare by 2.3%

Medicare funding....

Part A is largely funded by revenue from a 2.9 percent payroll tax levied on employers and workers (each pay 1.45 percent).

Taxes.

for individuals or $250,000 for couples filing jointly and rose to 3.8% on income in excess of those amounts to help partially fund the subsidies included in PPACA.[8]

Taxes.

Parts B and D are partially funded by premiums paid by Medicare enrollees and general fund revenue. In 2006 a surtax was added to Part B premium for higher-income seniors to partially fund Part D.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medicare_(United_States)

Taxes.

Taxes Billy Boy.....you lose.

Again.

ObamaCare: it's free for Obama's base

Democrats have to put an array of laws in place to prevent business from reacting to obamacare.

Simply amazing.

The government passes a law requiring every person to have health insurance then when 3.3 million of the 45-48 million that didn't have insurance actually obey this insidious law, morons are calling it a success. Let's not forget that a huge proportion of that 3.3 million are also getting subsidies.

Why don't we just pass a law requiring all people to have a bank savings account? And oh, by the way, if you don't have money for savings, the government will subsidize your savings account with a few hundred dollars. Do you think the number of new savings accounts would increase?

I bet the same fools that are excited about the health insurance sign-ups would stand on the mountaintops and shout about how Americans are saving more money than ever before.

It never ceases to amaze me how stupid people can be.

ObamaCare will eventually bankrupt the country. .... :doubt:

Actually, the Bush tax cuts for the wealthy did a pretty good job of that.

Bush cut income taxes for every level of the income scale, not just the wealthy.
Carry on with your ignorant talking points though, it helps us to understand you.

Last edited:
And, nobody knows how many that signed up HAVE PAID for their policies!!! :eusa_whistle:
I've googled it and didn't come up with any percentages from the government or any of the health care providers ...I think its too early for those number ... to be enrolled you have to be set up with a payment system of some sort... I chose to pay them through a bank deduction myself ... I use to pay 550 dollars a month ... now I pay 250 dollars a month ...

to be enrolled you have to be set up with a payment system of some sort

That is BS, just like everything else you post. Here is another link and excerpt where I got my 30% not paid from.

How many people signing up are paying their first month's premium?
This is another metric that is frustratingly difficult to track because HealthCare.gov -- and most state-based exchanges -- do not currently handle the first month's premium payment. When someone signs up for coverage online, that enrollment typically gets bounced over to the health plan responsible for collecting the money (there are a few states, like Washington and Rhode Island, that are exceptions and do collect premium payments).
Right now, the best data on this comes from the health insurance plans themselves.

At the J.P. Morgan Health Care Conference last month in San Francisco, executives from large insurance companies like Aetna and Wellpoint estimated that about 70 percent of the people signing up for coverage were paying their first month's premium. Washington, one of the few states that does collect premium payments, says that just over half of people who have signed up for private insurance (90,000 Washingtonians) have paid for their coverage and slightly fewer than half (85,000) have not yet submitted a premium.

A guide to understanding Obamacare?s sign-up numbers

And, nobody knows how many that signed up HAVE PAID for their policies!!! :eusa_whistle:

about 20%

first you said, or somebody here said 30% ... now its 20% ...how about a real source for this information and not somebody guessing ... I didn't find any numbers when I googled it or binged it ... so you have a source for this or are you just making it up to sound good... :cuckoo:

The problem is that only the insurance companies know how many have paid and they're not saying. :eusa_whistle:

about 20%

first you said, or somebody here said 30% ... now its 20% ...how about a real source for this information and not somebody guessing ... I didn't find any numbers when I googled it or binged it ... so you have a source for this or are you just making it up to sound good... :cuckoo:

The problem is that only the insurance companies know how many have paid and they're not saying. :eusa_whistle:

Oh, it's overwhelmingly likely that the Obama Administration knows, too.

I've googled it and didn't come up with any percentages from the government or any of the health care providers ...I think its too early for those number ... to be enrolled you have to be set up with a payment system of some sort... I chose to pay them through a bank deduction myself ... I use to pay 550 dollars a month ... now I pay 250 dollars a month ...

to be enrolled you have to be set up with a payment system of some sort

That is BS, just like everything else you post. Here is another link and excerpt where I got my 30% not paid from.

How many people signing up are paying their first month's premium?
This is another metric that is frustratingly difficult to track because HealthCare.gov -- and most state-based exchanges -- do not currently handle the first month's premium payment. When someone signs up for coverage online, that enrollment typically gets bounced over to the health plan responsible for collecting the money (there are a few states, like Washington and Rhode Island, that are exceptions and do collect premium payments).
Right now, the best data on this comes from the health insurance plans themselves.

At the J.P. Morgan Health Care Conference last month in San Francisco, executives from large insurance companies like Aetna and Wellpoint estimated that about 70 percent of the people signing up for coverage were paying their first month's premium. Washington, one of the few states that does collect premium payments, says that just over half of people who have signed up for private insurance (90,000 Washingtonians) have paid for their coverage and slightly fewer than half (85,000) have not yet submitted a premium.

A guide to understanding Obamacare?s sign-up numbers

The payment option is still not set up.

Once an insured confirms the plan they have chosen they are told that the insurance company will contact them soon concerning payment.

Oh, it's overwhelmingly likely that the Obama Administration knows, too.
Actually not. It is quite likely, given the back office problems of Hindenberg.gov, that no one knows the numbers. My guesstimate from descriptions of how this was working is the cash cycle from sign up on the national exchange to the check reaching the insurance company probably averages north of 60 days.

The data from functional state exchanges is probably much more dependable.

Why isn't the administration bragging about the numbers who have actually paid their premiums, hmmmm? That's where the rubber meets the road, wouldn't you agree?

You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig. Jim

Who the hell would believe the numbers this administration provides anyway?
I mean they have already been caught lying about the unemployment numbers ... Already tried to convince people that not working is the path to success and happiness.

They are waiting on poll results to see what will be an acceptable number to lie and say they have met.

When we get to 90% of the 48 million that Obama said didn't have insurance then maybe the Libs
can start to brag about huge numbers signing up.

lets see ... you do the math yourself ... by November of this year that's 10 months away do you think they will come close to the number of people enrolling if they continue to enroll about 2 million people a month ??? thats 20 million more in the system ... if they enroll more, then case close ... republican will be voted out of office ... :funnyface::rock:

Um, tell me Bill, when does open enrollment end?

Surely with all of the research you've done you can answer that question?

march 31 open enrollment end :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back