Huge numbers sign up for the ACA

about 20%

first you said, or somebody here said 30% ... now its 20% ...how about a real source for this information and not somebody guessing ... I didn't find any numbers when I googled it or binged it ... so you have a source for this or are you just making it up to sound good... :cuckoo:

Here one link is one more time.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/14/us...arereform&_r=0

I can't help if it you are too ignorant to google something.

I did try to google it nothing has shown up ... now for your source you know the one you're soooooooooooo proud of, here's what you get
[Page Not Found
We're sorry;
we seem to have lost this page,
but we don't want to lose you

Last edited:
about 20%

first you said, or somebody here said 30% ... now its 20% ...how about a real source for this information and not somebody guessing ... I didn't find any numbers when I googled it or binged it ... so you have a source for this or are you just making it up to sound good... :cuckoo:

The problem is that only the insurance companies know how many have paid and they're not saying. :eusa_whistle:

Right now, the best data on this comes from the health insurance plans themselves.

Some of them are.

At the J.P. Morgan Health Care Conference last month in San Francisco, executives from large insurance companies like Aetna and Wellpoint estimated that about 70 percent of the people signing up for coverage were paying their first month's premium. Washington, one of the few states that does collect premium payments, says that just over half of people who have signed up for private insurance (90,000 Washingtonians) have paid for their coverage and slightly fewer than half (85,000) have not yet submitted a premium.

and of those signed up

how many are paying the full premium verses those

where the tax payer is picking up

most of the tab

The Cost Of Subsidies

But the authors of the Affordable Care Act didn't want the subsidies to become a drain on the Treasury and add to the deficits. So they included provisions designed to offset the cost of the subsidies.

MIT economist Jonathan Gruber, who helped develop the law, says a little over half the costs are offset by projected savings in Medicare payments to insurers and hospitals. Another half is offset by added taxes on medical-device makers and drug companies.

"The other source of revenue is a tax increase on the wealthiest Americans," he says. "Those families with incomes above $200,000 single $250,000 couple a year will now have to pay more in Medicare payroll taxes." 2.3% more

Those provisions actually make the bill a net positive for the federal budget, according to the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office. By the CBO's accounting, Obamacare will produce a surplus. Gruber says the law will "actually lower the deficit by about $100 billion over the next decade and by $1 trillion in the decade after."

However, many Republicans have expressed skepticism about those findings.

as you can see the actual taxpayer really doesn't pay for the subsidy as you think they do ... a lot of it comes from medicare savings, the other comes from corporations being taxed ... not the individual tax payer ... you won't see any taxes at you unless you make over 200,000 ... and thats was a increase in your medicare by 2.3%

Medicare funding....

Part A is largely funded by revenue from a 2.9 percent payroll tax levied on employers and workers (each pay 1.45 percent).

Taxes.

for individuals or $250,000 for couples filing jointly and rose to 3.8% on income in excess of those amounts to help partially fund the subsidies included in PPACA.[8]

Taxes.

Parts B and D are partially funded by premiums paid by Medicare enrollees and general fund revenue. In 2006 a surtax was added to Part B premium for higher-income seniors to partially fund Part D.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medicare_(United_States)

Taxes.

Taxes Billy Boy.....you lose.

Again.

if any one who is a loser that would be you ... none of this is how the ACA is paid for ... that's wasn't the question loser ... the question was we'll probably have to pay for their subsidy loser ... I pointed out how they are paid for coming from the ACA PDF file... not some loser web site that has noting in it ... butt you like to use it most losers do

why is it everything you uses as a source comes up
Page Not Found
We're sorry;
but we don't want to lose you.

p.s. its medical equipment and drug MFG not medicare

Last edited:

I did try to google it nothing has shown up ... now for your source you know the one you're soooooooooooo proud of, here's what you get
[Page Not Found
We're sorry;

Here it is.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/14/u...emiums-on-time.html?ref=healthcarereform&_r=1

Last edited:

[Page Not Found
We're sorry;

Here it is.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/14/u...emiums-on-time.html?ref=healthcarereform&_r=1

you know it was just like your percentage of people who were part time employees ... you took one section of the year said see 88% of the jobs are part time ... where I took the whole time from 2010 to 2013 and the percentage of full time workers were 90% and only 10% were part time... you can try to spin it all you want like you did with employment ... what this source of your has shown us here where you take one company that shows 70% of paid enrolled, then you say see its 30% don't pay ... when the article it self said 1 in 5 don't pay ... I hate to tell you that's not 30% but you keep on trying to mislead us with your fake facks... you always do

and of those signed up

most of the tab

The Cost Of Subsidies

But the authors of the Affordable Care Act didn't want the subsidies to become a drain on the Treasury and add to the deficits. So they included provisions designed to offset the cost of the subsidies.

MIT economist Jonathan Gruber, who helped develop the law, says a little over half the costs are offset by projected savings in Medicare payments to insurers and hospitals. Another half is offset by added taxes on medical-device makers and drug companies.

"The other source of revenue is a tax increase on the wealthiest Americans," he says. "Those families with incomes above $200,000 single $250,000 couple a year will now have to pay more in Medicare payroll taxes." 2.3% more

Those provisions actually make the bill a net positive for the federal budget, according to the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office. By the CBO's accounting, Obamacare will produce a surplus. Gruber says the law will "actually lower the deficit by about $100 billion over the next decade and by $1 trillion in the decade after."

as you can see the actual taxpayer really doesn't pay for the subsidy as you think they do ... a lot of it comes from medicare savings, the other comes from corporations being taxed ... not the individual tax payer ... you won't see any taxes at you unless you make over 200,000 ... and thats was a increase in your medicare by 2.3%

When a tax is imposed on medical-device makers and drug companies, do they pass on the tax to the consumer (read individual tax payer) or do they absorb the cost until they go out of business?

I have often wondered why an insurance premium should be determined by the income of someone that is buying it. In the real world the more you pay the more insurance you should have.

the companies are taxed 2.2% off the gross income thats in the ACA bill ... go and look for your self ... what the law says about them raising the price... this is My thinking ... if they raise their price, which the law says they can't, but if they did they will pay more money... this tax was designed to be a tax that you cant use as a deduction... its the first thing that comes right of the top of their income ... more income, more money they pay ...
second: in the law I can't remember the wording exactly but it says they can't raise their prices to off set the tax ... so no the people don't pay a higher cost

Last edited:
and of those signed up

most of the tab

The Cost Of Subsidies

When a tax is imposed on medical-device makers and drug companies, do they pass on the tax to the consumer (read individual tax payer) or do they absorb the cost until they go out of business?

I have often wondered why an insurance premium should be determined by the income of someone that is buying it. In the real world the more you pay the more insurance you should have.

well in your world maybe but not in this world ...

Democrats have to put an array of laws in place to prevent business from reacting to obamacare.

laws are made to protect the people ....in this case its protecting the people from abusive companies that like to charge you more then it really cost... the fact that you can't seem to grasp that isn't unusual its predictable ..

This program is such a raging success. Why hold businesses back - launch this now for everyone as it was originally intended.

Too freaking funny.

I'm surprised that no one is outraged that business is being discriminated against and forced to wait until 2016 to enjoy the many benefits of the ACA. Every fair-minded American should demand that it be implemented now as the law was originally written.

Don't you agree?

Last edited:
More lies people

they won't reveal how many IF ANY have PAID or how many of those have now been scammed over into Medicaid

Enjoy paying for all the new medicaid enrollees because of OSCAMCARE
lets see they started in December and its the middle of Febuary the ACA is a conduit that is design to give you a plate form to go to buy insurance from a insurance company .... there are 1000 of them to choose from ... and you want to know how many have paid ??? that's not the ACA website job ... they are only the conduit to a health care provider nothing more ... they record if you signed up and they record if you enrolled ... they aren't the company payment recorder that isn't their job ... that's the insurance company job ...so far I haven't heard any company complaining about being paid... only just from you right wing nut jobs ... and you can't stand it not knowing...

we see some people have no shame in being a useful tool for a party in government

your right ... we see you have no shame for being the republican parties useful tool ... lie as much as you can call them what ever dirty name you can... thats you all over

ah sweetie I hate to inform you but the welfare roll has decreased by 13 to 15 percent each and every year... just this last year it dropped 13%more ... every year sense the dems passed the new welfare requirements the numbers have dropped ... so i don't know where you get your information from but you should stop going there...
\

P.S. how is the federal controlling you by offering you a affordable health care plan ??? just curious ...

Last edited:
Simply amazing.

The government passes a law requiring every person to have health insurance then when 3.3 million of the 45-48 million that didn't have insurance actually obey this insidious law, morons are calling it a success. Let's not forget that a huge proportion of that 3.3 million are also getting subsidies.

Why don't we just pass a law requiring all people to have a bank savings account? And oh, by the way, if you don't have money for savings, the government will subsidize your savings account with a few hundred dollars. Do you think the number of new savings accounts would increase?

I bet the same fools that are excited about the health insurance sign-ups would stand on the mountaintops and shout about how Americans are saving more money than ever before.

It never ceases to amaze me how stupid people can be.

what is amazing is your post ... it hasn't any correlation in it at all ...just some sort of non-factual rant ... pretty common among you right wing nut jobs

ObamaCare will eventually bankrupt the country. .... :doubt:

Actually, the Bush tax cuts for the wealthy did a pretty good job of that.

Bush cut income taxes for every level of the income scale, not just the wealthy.
Carry on with your ignorant talking points though, it helps us to understand you.

you're funny ... or stupid ... I think you need to go and educate yourself cause you're making a fool of your self here, big time!!!

And, nobody knows how many that signed up HAVE PAID for their policies!!! :eusa_whistle:
I've googled it and didn't come up with any percentages from the government or any of the health care providers ...I think its too early for those number ... to be enrolled you have to be set up with a payment system of some sort... I chose to pay them through a bank deduction myself ... I use to pay 550 dollars a month ... now I pay 250 dollars a month ...

to be enrolled you have to be set up with a payment system of some sort

That is BS, just like everything else you post. Here is another link and excerpt where I got my 30% not paid from.

How many people signing up are paying their first month's premium?
This is another metric that is frustratingly difficult to track because HealthCare.gov -- and most state-based exchanges -- do not currently handle the first month's premium payment. When someone signs up for coverage online, that enrollment typically gets bounced over to the health plan responsible for collecting the money (there are a few states, like Washington and Rhode Island, that are exceptions and do collect premium payments).
Right now, the best data on this comes from the health insurance plans themselves.

At the J.P. Morgan Health Care Conference last month in San Francisco, executives from large insurance companies like Aetna and Wellpoint estimated that about 70 percent of the people signing up for coverage were paying their first month's premium. Washington, one of the few states that does collect premium payments, says that just over half of people who have signed up for private insurance (90,000 Washingtonians) have paid for their coverage and slightly fewer than half (85,000) have not yet submitted a premium.

A guide to understanding Obamacare?s sign-up numbers

you can't come to a credible conclusion with just one company telling you they received only 70% payment ... hate to inform you, that same article said 1 in 5 don't pay... 1 in 5 isn't 30% .. try again !!!! you keep posting this crap as a source, what it really show us is what a fool you really are ... in my case, as I said, I looked for the total percentage of all companies participating not just one company ... which they don't have a total percentage as of yet of all the companies involved try again loser...

Why Democrats aren't bragging about Obamacare's good news - CNN.com

If a few years the GOP will try to take credit for the ACA.:clap2:

Why isn't the administration bragging about the numbers who have actually paid their premiums, hmmmm? That's where the rubber meets the road, wouldn't you agree?

You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig. Jim

were not republicans ... dems/liberals don't need their egos boosted every time the do something

about 20%

The problem is that only the insurance companies know how many have paid and they're not saying. :eusa_whistle:

its not a requirement for them to say

I've googled it and didn't come up with any percentages from the government or any of the health care providers ...I think its too early for those number ... to be enrolled you have to be set up with a payment system of some sort... I chose to pay them through a bank deduction myself ... I use to pay 550 dollars a month ... now I pay 250 dollars a month ...

That is BS, just like everything else you post. Here is another link and excerpt where I got my 30% not paid from.

How many people signing up are paying their first month's premium?
This is another metric that is frustratingly difficult to track because HealthCare.gov -- and most state-based exchanges -- do not currently handle the first month's premium payment. When someone signs up for coverage online, that enrollment typically gets bounced over to the health plan responsible for collecting the money (there are a few states, like Washington and Rhode Island, that are exceptions and do collect premium payments).

A guide to understanding Obamacare?s sign-up numbers

The payment option is still not set up.

Once an insured confirms the plan they have chosen they are told that the insurance company will contact them soon concerning payment.

aren't you two the not so bright ones... you sign up ... the insurer accepts you the tells you what it will cost... in that same document they ask you how you want to pay by check or ducting it from your bank account ... you choose... the ones who aren't paying, I bet you dimes to donuts, are republicans ... they hate to pay for anything ... they think by signing up that the can beat the tax charge the will get for not signing up and paying for it ... they think nothing will happen cause they sign up :rock:

The Cost Of Subsidies

Medicare funding....

Part A is largely funded by revenue from a 2.9 percent payroll tax levied on employers and workers (each pay 1.45 percent).

Taxes.

for individuals or $250,000 for couples filing jointly and rose to 3.8% on income in excess of those amounts to help partially fund the subsidies included in PPACA.[8]

Taxes.

Parts B and D are partially funded by premiums paid by Medicare enrollees and general fund revenue. In 2006 a surtax was added to Part B premium for higher-income seniors to partially fund Part D.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medicare_(United_States)

Taxes.

Taxes Billy Boy.....you lose.

Again.

if any one who is a loser that would be you ... none of this is how the ACA is paid for ... that's wasn't the question loser ... the question was we'll probably have to pay for their subsidy loser ... I pointed out how they are paid for coming from the ACA PDF file... not some loser web site that has noting in it ... butt you like to use it most losers do

why is it everything you uses as a source comes up
Page Not Found
We're sorry;
but we don't want to lose you.

p.s. its medical equipment and drug MFG not medicare

It appears, Billy, you live in denial as to just how these subsidies are going to be paid for. Don't you see that folks making over $250,000 are taxpayers?

Some of them are.

estimates aren't facts they are estimates ...

Forum List

Back