Huge numbers sign up for the ACA

The last I heard 3.3 million signed up at the government web site.
Are these the HUGE numbers you're talking about?

you don't think they can sign up 1.7 million more people by the end of the month???? to reach their goal of 5 million??? I bet they come damn close ...

Was 5 million the goal. I thought the goal was higher than that.

the first enrollment was 7 million ... that number was based on no problems being sign up... when the website didn't work they look into how many will sign up... they came up with the 5 million number... this was again the CBO's predicted numbers

you don't think they can sign up 1.7 million more people by the end of the month???? to reach their goal of 5 million??? I bet they come damn close ...

the first enrollment was 7 million ... that number was based on no problems being sign up... when the website didn't work they look into how many will sign up... they came up with the 5 million number... this was again the CBO's predicted numbers

Okay, 5 million is the fallback, refined goal after the initial screwup.

here are some interesting facts

49.9 million -- The number of uninsured Americans in 2010. That's 16.3% of the total population.
18.4% -- Percentage of uninsured Americans younger than 65 in 2010.
Short-term loss for conservatives? Obama: It's a victory for the people Romney: I'll do what justices didn't Ruling on individual mandate explained
28.4% -- The percentage of Americans 25 to 34 without insurance.
7.3 million -- The number of children in the United States without health insurance, 9.8% of all children in the country.
15.4% - The percentage of children living in poverty who are also uninsured.
Ruling plays into campaign narrative for both sides
26.9% -- Percentage of people earning less than $25,000 a year who are also uninsured.
256.2 million -- The number of Americans who were insured in 2010.
195.9 million -- The number of Americans with private health insurance in 2010, 64% of the total population.
What the health care ruling means to you
169.3 million -- The number of Americans who get their insurance through the workplace.
95 million -- Number of people in the United States covered by government health insurance, 31% of the population.
44.3 million -- Number of Americans receiving Medicare coverage in 2010.
48.6 million -- The number of Americans covered by Medicaid in 2010.
$940 billion -- The amount of money the Congressional Budget Office estimates it will cost to provide the expanded insurance coverage over 10 years.
$143 billion -- The amount by which the plan could reduce the deficit over the first 10 years. And over the following decade, the CBO projected, health reform could reduce the deficit by more than $1 trillion, although the agency stressed such long-term projections are highly uncertain.
Timeline of the health care law
2.35% -- The tax rate high-income individuals would pay into Medicare, up from 1.45%. High-income is defined as individuals making more than $200,000 ($250,000 for couples filing jointly).
2014 -- The year that people who don't buy insurance will be penalized $95 or up to 1% in income.
19.1% - Percentage of people living in the South who are uninsured, the highest percentage of any region.
24.6% - The percentage of uninsured people in Texas, the highest of any state.
5.6% - The percentage of uninsured people in Massachusetts, the lowest of any state.

Okay, 5 million is the fallback, refined goal after the initial screwup.

yep!!! the idea is to get at least 2 million people sign up by November that will be about 20 million people ... they were trying to be low in their estimates ...the total number they are seeking is 25 million signed up by November ... 30 million by december ...

Last edited:
Why Democrats aren't bragging about Obamacare's good news - CNN.com

If a few years the GOP will try to take credit for the ACA.:clap2:

The last I heard, 30% of those that signed up didn't pay the health care premium.

is this you just saying this or do you actually have a source ??? oh yes Fox noise isn't a source ... they, like republicans, lie a lot ...

As of Feb 13 it was only 20% who signed up but didn't pay. I heard the 30% on CNN dickbreath.

WASHINGTON — One in five people who signed up for health insurance under the new health care law failed to pay their premiums on time and therefore did not receive coverage in January, insurance companies and industry experts say.
Paying the first month’s premium is the final step in completing an enrollment. Under federal rules, people must pay the initial premium to have coverage take effect. In view of the chaotic debut of the federal marketplace and many state exchanges, the White House urged insurers to give people more time, and many agreed to do so. But, insurers said, some people missed even the extended deadlines
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/14/u...emiums-on-time.html?ref=healthcarereform&_r=0

This program is such a raging success. Why hold businesses back - launch this now for everyone as it was originally intended.

Too freaking funny.

And, nobody knows how many that signed up HAVE PAID for their policies!!! :eusa_whistle:
I've googled it and didn't come up with any percentages from the government or any of the health care providers ...I think its too early for those number ... to be enrolled you have to be set up with a payment system of some sort... I chose to pay them through a bank deduction myself ... I use to pay 550 dollars a month ... now I pay 250 dollars a month ...

Yeah, it's so good even Democrats are campaigning against it

"If you like your plan, you can keep it. Period"

:badgrin: Right...and how is "signing up" defined? Signing up and enrolled are two very different intentions.

and of those signed up

how many are paying the full premium verses those

where the tax payer is picking up

most of the tab

The Cost Of Subsidies

But the authors of the Affordable Care Act didn't want the subsidies to become a drain on the Treasury and add to the deficits. So they included provisions designed to offset the cost of the subsidies.

MIT economist Jonathan Gruber, who helped develop the law, says a little over half the costs are offset by projected savings in Medicare payments to insurers and hospitals. Another half is offset by added taxes on medical-device makers and drug companies.

"The other source of revenue is a tax increase on the wealthiest Americans," he says. "Those families with incomes above $200,000 single $250,000 couple a year will now have to pay more in Medicare payroll taxes." 2.3% more

Those provisions actually make the bill a net positive for the federal budget, according to the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office. By the CBO's accounting, Obamacare will produce a surplus. Gruber says the law will "actually lower the deficit by about $100 billion over the next decade and by $1 trillion in the decade after."

However, many Republicans have expressed skepticism about those findings.

as you can see the actual taxpayer really doesn't pay for the subsidy as you think they do ... a lot of it comes from medicare savings, the other comes from corporations being taxed ... not the individual tax payer ... you won't see any taxes at you unless you make over 200,000 ... and thats was a increase in your medicare by 2.3%

Last edited:
And, nobody knows how many that signed up HAVE PAID for their policies!!! :eusa_whistle:

about 20%

first you said, or somebody here said 30% ... now its 20% ...how about a real source for this information and not somebody guessing ... I didn't find any numbers when I googled it or binged it ... so you have a source for this or are you just making it up to sound good... :cuckoo:

Well, the GOP plan said....wait. They have no plan. Their plan is "Let them die..."

When we get to 90% of the 48 million that Obama said didn't have insurance then maybe the Libs
can start to brag about huge numbers signing up.

lets see ... you do the math yourself ... by November of this year that's 10 months away do you think they will come close to the number of people enrolling if the continue to enroll about 2 million people a month ??? thats 20 million more in the system ... if they enroll more, then case close ... republican will be voted out of office ... :funnyface::rock:

Um, tell me Bill, when does open enrollment end?

Surely with all of the research you've done you can answer that question?

about 20%

first you said, or somebody here said 30% ... now its 20% ...how about a real source for this information and not somebody guessing ... I didn't find any numbers when I googled it or binged it ... so you have a source for this or are you just making it up to sound good... :cuckoo:

Here one link is one more time.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/14/us...arereform&_r=0

I can't help if it you are too ignorant to google something.

:badgrin: Right...and how is "signing up" defined? Signing up and enrolled are two very different intentions.

and of those signed up

most of the tab

The Cost Of Subsidies

But the authors of the Affordable Care Act didn't want the subsidies to become a drain on the Treasury and add to the deficits. So they included provisions designed to offset the cost of the subsidies.

MIT economist Jonathan Gruber, who helped develop the law, says a little over half the costs are offset by projected savings in Medicare payments to insurers and hospitals. Another half is offset by added taxes on medical-device makers and drug companies.

"The other source of revenue is a tax increase on the wealthiest Americans," he says. "Those families with incomes above $200,000 single $250,000 couple a year will now have to pay more in Medicare payroll taxes." 2.3% more

Those provisions actually make the bill a net positive for the federal budget, according to the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office. By the CBO's accounting, Obamacare will produce a surplus. Gruber says the law will "actually lower the deficit by about $100 billion over the next decade and by $1 trillion in the decade after."

as you can see the actual taxpayer really doesn't pay for the subsidy as you think they do ... a lot of it comes from medicare savings, the other comes from corporations being taxed ... not the individual tax payer ... you won't see any taxes at you unless you make over 200,000 ... and thats was a increase in your medicare by 2.3%

Medicare funding....

Part A is largely funded by revenue from a 2.9 percent payroll tax levied on employers and workers (each pay 1.45 percent).

Taxes.

for individuals or $250,000 for couples filing jointly and rose to 3.8% on income in excess of those amounts to help partially fund the subsidies included in PPACA.[8]

Taxes.

Parts B and D are partially funded by premiums paid by Medicare enrollees and general fund revenue. In 2006 a surtax was added to Part B premium for higher-income seniors to partially fund Part D.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medicare_(United_States)

Taxes.

Taxes Billy Boy.....you lose.

Again.

and of those signed up

most of the tab

The Cost Of Subsidies

When a tax is imposed on medical-device makers and drug companies, do they pass on the tax to the consumer (read individual tax payer) or do they absorb the cost until they go out of business?

I have often wondered why an insurance premium should be determined by the income of someone that is buying it. In the real world the more you pay the more insurance you should have.

More lies people

they won't reveal how many IF ANY have PAID or how many of those have now been scammed over into Medicaid

Enjoy paying for all the new medicaid enrollees because of OSCAMCARE

Last edited:

Forum List

Back