I am American, and I respect Christianity.

I know Dave, you've got nothing. :thup:

Thanks for trying at least, you put forth a better effort than the person that actually started the thread.
Then you've just proven my original point:

It doesn't matter what we say. Your mind is made up.

Thanks. :clap2:

It does matter what you say.

You're just not saying anything relevant, and that's telling.
Everything I've said is relevant.

By the way, the definition of "relevant" is NOT "agrees with leftists".

I really wish you guys could use the standard dictionary definitions.

Then you've just proven my original point:

It doesn't matter what we say. Your mind is made up.

Thanks. :clap2:

It does matter what you say.

You're just not saying anything relevant, and that's telling.
Everything I've said is relevant.

By the way, the definition of "relevant" is NOT "agrees with leftists".

I really wish you guys could use the standard dictionary definitions.

So you still aren't willing to do it eh?

KG, are you ever going to reply to my statement that doesn't fit your extremist narrative?

You mean this one, that none of the Cons in this thread seem to want to respond to...

I give credit to Christians for being able to, however begrudgingly, accept living in a society with secular laws. That's probably the biggest difference between most religions and Islam over the last 500 years, and it truly makes quite a difference in the civility of a nation or region, imo.

Unfortunately, old habits are hard to kick.

We're still going back and forth about who should have how much of Jerusalem/Israel, a place that without it's significance in Abrahamic religions is nothing more than a barren desert with a nice coastline. If those involved could get out of the illogical fog of religion, they'd see a more prudent solution would be to ditch the shithole and move onto greener pastures where Islamic fundamentalism isn't threatening them from a stones throw away...a distance that's currently highly feasible to a backwards monotheistic culture that lacks the modern technology and organization to launch an offensive without it being directly next to them.

?

Personally, I tend to ignore racist bigots.

If this is what it is that I am running away from the problem definitely does not lie on my side of the debate.

Eric Rudolph did. He's the guy that bombed Olympic Park, a gay bar and an abortion clinic. The guy that walked into Doctor Tiller's church and shot him in front of his friends and family did it in the name of your god too. Wesbtborogh Baptist Church protests in the name of your god too.

Do you really want to get into the habit of painting an entire religion based on their extremists?

We shouldn't be trying to paint any religion based on their extremists, but anyone that looks at this with eyes wide open can see that Islam has many more extremists that are willing to do harm to others than any other religion. Taking the few extremists you find among Christians and trying to equate that to the extremists in Islam is a bit of a joke. Secondly, Jesus did not tell us to kill in the name of God, whereas it can be argued that Mohammed did tell people to kill in the name of God.

Instead of doing a little research and finding out the reason for their anger you make a blanket accusation...let's ;look a history:

1- The US has been financing the Palestininan genocide since 1949;

2- In 1953 the CIA overthrew Iran's Premier Mosaddegh ;

3- In 1990 the US invaded Iraq, murdered millions and remained there for 20 years;

4- on 3 July 1988 the USS Vincennes shot down Iran's CIVILIAN Air Flight 655 ;

5- now the US is threatening to invade Iran just because

I give credit to Christians for being able to accept living in a society with secular laws. That's probably the biggest difference between most religions and Islam over the last 500 years, and it truly makes quite a difference in the civility of a nation or region, imo.
Congratulations. You got that part right.
Which old habits? The Crusades? The Inquisition? Which Christians are pining for a return to those days?
We're still going back and forth about who should have how much of Jerusalem/Israel, a place that without it's significance in Abrahamic religions is nothing more than a barren desert with a nice coastline. If those involved could get out of the illogical fog of religion, they'd see a more prudent solution would be to ditch the shithole and move onto greener pastures where Islamic fundamentalism isn't threatening them from a stones throw away...a distance that's currently highly feasible to a backwards monotheistic culture that lacks the modern technology and organization to launch an offensive without it being directly next to them.
And there it is...it's not Islam's fault -- it's the Jews'.

How predictable of you not to hold Islam accountable for their backwards culture.
Unless you'd all like to support a modern day crusades, on your own dime of course. I'm sick of having to share responsibility for the actions of antiquated mindsets I don't share.
Oh, you mean like I don't like supporting professional welfare cheats who get my tax dollars to keep voting Democrat?

Yeah, well, we both have to suck it up, don't we?
The two words you can't get over have been omitted.

Have at it.
You won't accept it.

KG, are you ever going to reply to my statement that doesn't fit your extremist narrative?

You mean this one, that none of the Cons in this thread seem to want to respond to...

I give credit to Christians for being able to, however begrudgingly, accept living in a society with secular laws. That's probably the biggest difference between most religions and Islam over the last 500 years, and it truly makes quite a difference in the civility of a nation or region, imo.

?

Personally, I tend to ignore racist bigots.

If this is what it is that I am running away from the problem definitely does not lie on my side of the debate.

Who's the racist bigot in that statement?

Irrelevant.

If you say so, it's your thread. :lol:

Do YOU think religion worth dying for and a free and tolerant society can coexist?

What do you think... Does admitting that all religions, including Islam, have an equal right to exist not render all religions impotent?

Can humanity have it both ways? :dunno:

It is easy to die for your religion, the hard part is living for it. Any culture that does not allow people to live for their religion cannot be described as either free or tolerant.

Great, as the red said, remove those two words and then respond, I hate to see you constantly getting hung up on it.
I did respond. But as I said, all you want is agreement. You don't want debate, because you're not willing to accept the possibility that you may be wrong.

Tell me where and why I'm wrong.

You can't seem to do it.
I did. You won't like it, but maybe you'll stop whining.

Naaah, who am I kidding? You won't stop whining.

I still haven't figured out what the hell bob expects in regards to a "response". It's a statement, not a question.

How many people has Fred killed today?

He protests funerals.

We've been told that's just as bad as killing people.
jesus_ali_zpsb664d9a2.jpg

Here is what Jesus looked like...:)

I am pretty sure that that is about as far from what Jesus looked like as the blonde haired blue eyed version that I see elsewhere.

I give credit to Christians for being able to accept living in a society with secular laws. That's probably the biggest difference between most religions and Islam over the last 500 years, and it truly makes quite a difference in the civility of a nation or region, imo.
Congratulations. You got that part right.

Which old habits? The Crusades? The Inquisition? Which Christians are pining for a return to those days?

And there it is...it's not Islam's fault -- it's the Jews'.

How predictable of you not to hold Islam accountable for their backwards culture.
Oh, you mean like I don't like supporting professional welfare cheats who get my tax dollars to keep voting Democrat?

Yeah, well, we both have to suck it up, don't we?
The two words you can't get over have been omitted.

Have at it.
You won't accept it.

I didn't say it was anyone's fault, it just is what it is. Without the religious connotations, that land is totally worthless.

The old habit is fighting over holy lands. Despite the move into secular societies, that one hang-up still remains.

Why does the right continue to incorrectly insist that the only ones on welfare are Democrats?

I suppose we have the concept of "America" to thank for mellowing the Christians...

Can you imagine the Catholics and the Protestants of today behaving like the Sunnis and the Shiites :eek:

I suppose we could credit a country, if we were completely ignorant of history.

Forum List

Back